Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness (14786 Views)

Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience / I Feel Like Quitting My Job / 40k Teaching Job At Oke Afa In Isolo Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by SunTzu123(m): 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:
Good morning Nlanders, I seek your advice,I want to quit my 40k teaching job and get a bike, so I can use it to work as a delivery man.
Should I quit the job, and get the bike,

Or I shd continue with the job
Which one is better?

Do not quit. Start an after school tutorial centre.
Add Common entrance prep.
Junior secondary exam prep
Senior secondary exam prep.
Jamb/time prep.
Start your own school.

There's actually a good growth path. If you are IT literate, add computer training to your offer. Or get someone to offer that for you.

What's the growth path with bike delivery business?

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by boldking(m): 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
Promo promo promo

U.s.a, U.K , Can.ada, Australia number available for WhatsApp and telegram for 1k
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Springboot: 1:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:
Would I earn better as a delivery man in Lagos?

NO
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Willie2015: 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:
Good morning Nlanders, I seek your advice,I want to quit my 40k teaching job and get a bike, so I can use it to work as a delivery man.

Which one is better?

Dont quit the 40k job...
I assume you close by 2 o clock...
Find someone that can give u a bike on hire purchase...
You can start your delivery job or Okada after school...plus weekend runs...
Thats 2 sources of income...

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by toyinid78: 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:
so I must pay 200k before I operate as a dispatch rider? WOW �
Maybe I would start as side hustleo I am. Not sure cos I know little girl in that business sha
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by ICEWIN: 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
[quote author=Gentlerespect76 post=110909498]

See bro, it boils down to what life you want for yourself. However, if you are a graduate, my advice is that you seek personal development. Go for your Masters and with time better opportunities will certainly come your way.[
quote]
I have seen so many masters degree with job of 40k Below.
what will you say concerning that?

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by nedekid: 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:

Which one is better?
Is the bike yours?
Will it be brand new?
If it is your own business, kudos, but if to ride for somebody, you are own your own.
My kid sister has bike business ie courier. Omo, I taya for her. She is permanently on tracker monitoring the riders. She is sceaming 24/7. Shouting. She knows where her bike men will go and sit to drink paraga and then tell her bike has spoilt, they will also go for their runs. Those that will follow 1 way nko, and lastma, police etc wahala.
Twice she don employ rider, as rider take bike him zomm out of Lagos go sell am. Each time 200-250k to track and get the bike.
Me I don tell am say that business no be business.
Anyway, if it is your personal bike and business you will ride yourself, better then. Make sure you do all the registrations.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by OGwales(m): 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:

Which one is better?

Simply put... You want to resign a noble profession and become an okada rider... E clear.

Strong village network

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by tonididdy(m): 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:

Which one is better?
The delivery job is not without risks. Plying the highways, weather and etc.
Why don't you get the bike regardless and give to someone to do the job.
As a teacher, you can make more than your 40k salary with home lessons and writing books for sale.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Famundpropertie: 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
temmypotter:
40k Salary in a month

My God! Bro, I see you are a teacher.. which means you have some intellect and certification.

Whatever money you intend to invest in this delivery business, Say 200k... Take out about 70 - 100k.. This should get you an okay laptop, get good internet, Use the remaining money to buy Food, Data bundles and lock yourself in your house for two months learning any skill.

If you are serious, after your first month, you should be able to apply for an internship position at a reputable tech company.. doesn't matter if you are older than most interns. Just apply, this should give you at least 50k - 70k to get on your feet.

After three months, with focus and determination and a good body of work and projects.. apply for a junior/mid role at this point your salary can be your initial 200k investment if not more, from there the only way to go is up!

Op, do this and thank Temmy.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by xwiit: 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
BobbieZion:
What......
U want to quit a teaching job to ride bike. No No.
U can only quit teaching for maybe something like ......... A higher ground.
Guy?! Street is very hot,just deal with the playful Students,u don't need a deal with crazy Naijerians.

I think the income is what matters. Although the bike is more risky... But life is already a risk..

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by nedekid: 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2022
Willie2015:

Dont quit the 40k job...
I assume you close by 2 o clock...
Find someone that can give u a bike on hire purchase...
You can start your delivery job or Okada after school...plus weekend runs...
Thats 2 sources of income...
Most teachers I know make more than their salaries from PP.
In the school I am associated with, I know teachers use there salaries for ajor. Having 2-3 students for after school lessons already doubles the salary.
Unless OP is in a school in a poor environment. But schools that pay 40k is likely an average school where you should be able to see good PP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by papamalik(m): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
If you have an NCE as part of your certificates in your teaching profession, pls go ahead and quite with immediate effect. Try your hand in your delivery aspiration. If you have any reason to dump the delivery job later, your NCE certificate will get you another teaching job easily. Most teachers don't even have an NCE and those that have are treated as king.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by HopeNeverDies: 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Please I hope this delivering of a thing that you want to start is not in south west region? I have my reason of asking o, before I read on the front page "Delivery bike man head cut off and some body parts got missing"

Damnnnnn!! LoL
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by BadNews: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
Start Blogging Business And Thank Later

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Sirchiboy: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
boldking:
Promo promo promo

U.s.a, U.K , Can.ada, Australia number available for WhatsApp and telegram for 1k
Your number

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Sirchiboy: 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
boldking:
Promo promo promo

Your number

Your number
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by iLegendd(m): 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:

Which one is better?
Quit
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by swaqq(m): 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:

Which one is better?
I have 2, six months used bike for hire purchase if you’re interested
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Acidbath: 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:

Which one is better?

You will starve. Stick to your 40k and indulge in a huzzle to double or triple it. Don't act like someone that doesn't have a degree certificate.

You see all these trolls online, none have certificates and they are already frustrated using their alternate monikers to beg online.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by dtdotman: 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
Why leave the Teaching Job of 40k for a rider job of 30 - 40k plus commission based on the more delivery you make every day. The truth is you will be risking your life every day on the bad roads & reckless drivers. As for the teaching Job, it is safe and you can involve yourself in private and general lessons for students to make extra income
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by luluman: 2:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:

Which one is better?
Have you considered & weighed the risks involved?

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by iFESTAC680(m): 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
Do not think twice bro!
Quit immediately. Just make sure you have the right mindset to hustle.
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Nwaotu10(m): 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
Very good, bro.
Teachers are poor.

If you're currently teaching and you're seeing this, I want to remind you that teaching would make you financially stagnant. Opt for other viable alternatives and thank me later grin grin grin

P.S I'm a qualified teacher, but left the field 3 years ago. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Nwaotu10(m): 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
cruzydal:
i dislike that job called teaching

Ah swear bro. I did it for 3yrs post nysc, nothing to show for it. So, I hit the street, come dey see small small change way I no dey see when I dey teach, dey form intellectual grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by itumafriday(m): 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
If you have the money to buy bike, and familer with Lagos road, you will make more than 50k under 2weeks
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Kukeunim(m): 2:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
You can do anything when you have planned very well. You must have done the good and bad of the business. Teaching job is not a job you will achieve your goals as a. Family man. I will advise you start during the holiday and see first
By August you can try it again so that by September you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by suicidesheep: 2:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
temmypotter:
40k Salary in a month

My God! Bro, I see you are a teacher.. which means you have some intellect and certification.

Whatever money you intend to invest in this delivery business, Say 200k... Take out about 70 - 100k.. This should get you an okay laptop, get good internet, Use the remaining money to buy Food, Data bundles and lock yourself in your house for two months learning any skill.

If you are serious, after your first month, you should be able to apply for an internship position at a reputable tech company.. doesn't matter if you are older than most interns. Just apply, this should give you at least 50k - 70k to get on your feet.

After three months, with focus and determination and a good body of work and projects.. apply for a junior/mid role at this point your salary can be your initial 200k investment if not more, from there the only way to go is up!

Can we talk privately on this
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Franklerry: 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
Better hard another hustle, if it per time then ok
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by GloriousGbola: 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
Okada/dispatch looks like a source of faster money, but there is no growth in it.

It is not a career. It is a job with no prospects. As a stopgap, yes.

But any story of you built a fleet of okada from one ride is just that story.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Appswheel(m): 2:52pm On Mar 10, 2022
@OP, if you need a bike on Hire Purchase or on full employment basis as a delivery personnel... send a PM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Recruitment Portal 2020 - Has Anyone Received A Message? / 2019 KPMG graduate trainee / Secure Your Job With These Habits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.