Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness (14820 Views)

Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience / I Feel Like Quitting My Job / 40k Teaching Job At Oke Afa In Isolo Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by jclassiq(m): 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
I swear I'm not trying to derail but a couple of honest questions for the OP.
Bro, i know you are either married or you have a girlfriend, pls, how do you cope with girlfriend maintenance with a ₦40k job? I'm genuinely interested because i can't date even with a ₦100k job.
That aside, if you have saved enough money to buy a bike and do all the paperwork, i think you should quit now that you have time to make the business successful. The thing about entrepreneurship is you have to act in spite of your fears. So don't keep waiting forever... Quit now!!

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by remsonik(f): 2:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
Don't quit your teaching job, keep on doing it, from them you can open a coaching center and get alot of appraisals and referrals.

You can do the delivery business as a side hustle whereby you can deliver on your free days. You can even form your own delivery service from there, get people to work for you and be CEO of two businesses.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by oshaosha2014(m): 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2022
How do I get that teaching job??
tosyne55:
Good morning Nlanders, I seek your advice,I want to quit my 40k teaching job and get a bike, so I can use it to work as a delivery man.
Should I quit the job, and get the bike,

Or I shd continue with the job
Which one is better?
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by BLoomfrancs(m): 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
temmypotter:
40k Salary in a month

My God! Bro, I see you are a teacher.. which means you have some intellect and certification.

Whatever money you intend to invest in this delivery business, Say 200k... Take out about 70 - 100k.. This should get you an okay laptop, get good internet, Use the remaining money to buy Food, Data bundles and lock yourself in your house for two months learning any skill.

If you are serious, after your first month, you should be able to apply for an internship position at a reputable tech company.. doesn't matter if you are older than most interns. Just apply, this should give you at least 50k - 70k to get on your feet.

After three months, with focus and determination and a good body of work and projects.. apply for a junior/mid role at this point your salary can be your initial 200k investment if not more, from there the only way to go is up!

See as you paint am as if say e easy like that.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by MYHUBBY: 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
teaching job can be stressful, instead of bike, why not Nigeria used golf from a private user? less risk with a lot of interest if you're commercially wise

bike delivery make money but the risk there ehn
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
Well delivery business is risky but there is money in it, i work and own a delivery business send me a private message i would tell you what to do. 40k salary hell no
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Gentlerespect76: 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
[quote author=ICEWIN post=110915118][/quote]

What do you mean, you have seen "so many masters degree earning less than 40k?"
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Equal2DeTask(m): 3:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
temmypotter:
40k Salary in a month

My God! Bro, I see you are a teacher.. which means you have some intellect and certification.

Whatever money you intend to invest in this delivery business, Say 200k... Take out about 70 - 100k.. This should get you an okay laptop, get good internet, Use the remaining money to buy Food, Data bundles and lock yourself in your house for two months learning any skill.

If you are serious, after your first month, you should be able to apply for an internship position at a reputable tech company.. doesn't matter if you are older than most interns. Just apply, this should give you at least 50k - 70k to get on your feet.

After three months, with focus and determination and a good body of work and projects.. apply for a junior/mid role at this point your salary can be your initial 200k investment if not more, from there the only way to go is up!

Can you highlight some skillls that one can easily acquire the knowledge for 2 months?
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by ambr055i: 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:
Good morning Nlanders, I seek your advice,I want to quit my 40k teaching job and get a bike, so I can use it to work as a delivery man.

Which one is better?

Go for it bro, a friend who was a receiving 35k as a driver got a car and he makes approx. 15k everyday.
There is more money in the street bro.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by illuminutty: 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Please I hope this delivering of a thing that you want to start is not in south west region? I have my reason of asking o, before I read on the front page "Delivery bike man head cut off and some body parts got missing"

You need fibroid surgery asap if that's you on your dp.
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by extol1(m): 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:
so I must pay 200k before I operate as a dispatch rider? WOW �
Maybe I would start as side hustle sha
Yes ooo my brother
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Vicfacebadoo: 4:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:

Which one is better?
first and foremost, are you good on driving bike, it not only good, are you very skill cos as a dispatch rider, you will always be in hurry all the time cos customer will choke you with work if you get customer and most customer will always keep u in a hurry so you can deliver their items In a hurry, can you pick call and receive call while driving with one hand, can you handle customer pressure, well if you are good at what I listed above, then you are good to go, at least you will be making nothing less than 40k per week and that is if you get customer and try much as possible not to misplaced customer items, don't go and give item A to item B, make you no go land yourself in police cell or buy customer item back that may worth your entirely monthly money, lastly try and seek advice from someone who have been doing this job before so the person can enlightened you more, if you ask me how I know this, I have been there before and it not fucking easy, Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by tosyne55(m): 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Please I hope this delivering of a thing that you want to start is not in south west region? I have my reason of asking o, before I read on the front page "Delivery bike man head cut off and some body parts got missing"
lol
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by emilfischer(m): 4:47pm On Mar 10, 2022
Try to do your feasibility studies first or better still test the waters before you quit your job.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by tosyne55(m): 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
SunTzu123:

Do not quit. Start an after school tutorial centre.
Add Common entrance prep.
Junior secondary exam prep
Senior secondary exam prep.
Jamb/time prep.
Start your own school.

There's actually a good growth path. If you are IT literate, add computer training to your offer. Or get someone to offer that for you.

What's the growth path with bike delivery business?
hmmmmmmm
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by abokikhalifa: 4:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Thank God for the gift of life.
You have a job so continue the teaching and support yourself with extra private coaching.
Find great mentors too and avoid negative-minded people, practice OQP(Only Quality People) on your choice of association.

Using your education to ride Okada upandan because you want quick money is an inefficient resource allocation of the investment made in educating you by your folks , the society and the government.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

All this your English no dey help bro. Go too alaba international, Lagos trade fair, computer village etc. You will see both graduate and non graduate hustling diffrent hustle and making money.
Put your certificate aside and use your brain. Nigeria is a bleeped up country bro.
My boss is not a university graduate but whenever he walks into banking halls, you need to see how broke bankers rush to attend to my boss.

Do what you need to do to succeed, as long as it's legal. .you even came here to sell your ebook. All na hustle.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by vinceyinnovation: 4:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
Acidbath:

You will starve. Stick to your 40k and indulge in a huzzle to double or triple it. Don't act like someone that doesn't have a degree certificate.

You see all these trolls online, none have certificates and they are already frustrated using their alternate monikers to beg online.

Real truth bro, these trolls are quick to mention "blogging" but will not tell you the time, labor, competition in it.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by FreeStuffsNG: 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
abokikhalifa:

All this your English no dey help bro. Go too alaba international, Lagos trade fair, computer village etc. You will see both graduate and non graduate hustling diffrent hustle and making money.
Put your certificate aside and use your brain. Nigeria is a bleeped up country bro.
My boss is not a university graduate but whenever he walks into banking halls, you need to see how broke bankers rush to attend to my boss.

Do what you need to do to succeed, as long as it's legal. .you even came here to sell your ebook. All na hustle.
That @bolded says it all. When you get trashy with your education especially when in school that is when you put your certificate aside.

Working very hard to attain the future you desire starts from High school not after university. Quit this nonsense (un)social media, study very hard to merit admission placement into great schools and great courses and finish with great grades,I guarantee you that you will never ever end up in Alaba wink I am a living witness to the outcome of such dedication and self discipline. wink

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by tosyne55(m): 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
MYHUBBY:
teaching job can be stressful, instead of bike, why not Nigeria used golf from a private user? less risk with a lot of interest if you're commercially wise

bike delivery make money but the risk there ehn
do you mean a car for Uber?
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by thesicilian: 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
Kennyfancy:
what two size business are you doing ?
I buy and sell lands
I own a small clinic
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by shantti(m): 5:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:

Which one is better?

Omoh u dey enjoy oh, school dey pay you 40k, for here nah 17k
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by MYHUBBY: 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:
do you mean a car for Uber?

Taxi drop around ikeja/ojota axis will give you a reasonable take home mostly if you now link up well with those market women and igbo guys with goods, you go make am well
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Bbbw: 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
Think twice

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by abokikhalifa: 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

That @bolded says it all. When you get trashy with your education especially when in school that is when you put your certificate aside.

Working very hard to attain the future you desire starts from High school not after university. Quit this nonsense (un)social media, study very hard to merit admission placement into great schools and great courses and finish with great grades,I guarantee you that you will never ever end up in Alaba wink I am a living witness to the outcome of such dedication and self discipline. wink

I hope you ain't a salary earner with all you certificate earning below 200k naira monthly. No shop owner in alaba internatiinal earns less than 300k monthly if not more.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by FreeStuffsNG: 6:11pm On Mar 10, 2022
abokikhalifa:

I hope you ain't a salary earner with all you certificate earning below 200k naira monthly. No shop owner in alaba internatiinal earns less than 300k monthly if not more.
Stop comparing or disrespecting folks earning legitimate income.

My point is that you can always set goal in life, be self disciplined and achieve it by faith and hardwork.

It is not anybody's fault if you spend all your time on nairaland when others are studying hard in school and meeting their goals after school.

If you want to end up in Alaba after 'university', you chose it in a way and it is not the end of life but do not mock those who chose not to end up in Alaba. If I want to end up in Alaba,I do not need a university education to do so.
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by MISTAICEY02288(m): 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nwaotu10:

Ah swear bro. I did it for 3yrs post nysc, nothing to show for it. So, I hit the street, come dey see small small change way I no dey see when I dey teach, dey form intellectual grin grin

Sorry to bother you bro. But please can you tell me about some of these street hustles? Thank you
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by nzeobi(m): 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
temmypotter:
40k Salary in a month

Please bro I want to learn a digital, can you teach me or guide me or give me a Link
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by micxwell(m): 6:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
temmypotter:
40k Salary in a month

Priceless advice. Hmm, data is the new oil.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by smile11s(m): 6:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
tosyne55:

Which one is better?

Delivery can give you room to do more.

https://gist.am/question/i-am-thinking-of-quitting-my-40k-teaching-job-for-a-delivery-rider-business
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by abokikhalifa: 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Stop comparing or disrespecting folks earning legitimate income.

My point is that you can always set goal in life, be self disciplined and achieve it by faith and hardwork.

It is not anybody's fault if you spend all your time on nairaland when others are studying hard in school and meeting their goals after school.

If you want to end up in Alaba after 'university', you chose it in a way and it is not the end of life but do not mock those who chose not to end up in Alaba. If I want to end up in Alaba,I do not need a university education to do so.

You are diverting from the point man. Nigeria of today, doesn't care about your cert. Anybody can make good money either with certificate or not. You don't expect everybody to be like you or end up in the corporate world.
Many people without cert are our there doing well legally.
You know how many graduate dey jobless for Nigeria ?
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by FreeStuffsNG: 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
abokikhalifa:

You are diverting from the point man. Nigeria of today, doesn't care about your cert. Anybody can make good money either with certificate or not. You don't expect everybody to be like you or end up in the corporate world.
Many people without cert are our there doing well legally.
You know how many graduate dey jobless for Nigeria ?

No vex. I have found out there is no point . I know folks like you even in real life wink In life, it is what you focus on that expands.

Please go to school, as in , real school sir , finish with great grades first and let us have this convo again wink
Right now, it is a waste of time to even engage you with this your mindset.
Re: Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness by Victerica(m): 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
Adakintroy:
Guy no let people scare you. Everything na mind. If you get mind things work different. Believe in God and go hard. Lagos is go hard or go home.

I De do delivery. Na only me know how much I De stack up daily. I no wan talk out make he no be like rake. But deliver no be side. Na full time hussle. No be lazy man work. So prep up and go hard.

Aside people always asking about money in a particular line. My response is is there any business that does not have money?. Worry about yourself. How strong are you self. Money making is not for the weak in any category

True talk brother

Go hard,,,OP

Preek dey useful when e dey hard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AETI Calls For Test! / When Did You Get A Job Offer After An Interview? / Boi Begins 2nd Round Application Into YES Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.