Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) (66530 Views)

Goat Engages In Intense Battle With Owner Over Rice (video) / My Friend Resigned From FRSC For Farming, After 1 Year, I Was Surprised - Man / Photos Of Slay Goat That Refused To Breastfeed Her Baby, After Giving Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Epicji: 9:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
KingDash:
how many months do goat stay pregnant

6 months

1 Like

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by KingDash: 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
Epicji:

6 months
ok thanks
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Mariangeles(f): 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
kay29000:

I guess you haven't experienced stubborn goats that will sh*t all over your compound.

Better than dog sh!t at least. cheesy
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Orinoco: 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Hallelujah.

Name the new babies Buhari and Tinubu
You wan kill me with laughter. Which kind thinking be dis
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Johel(m): 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
Abujaexpress:
I was really baffled by what my heavily pregnant goat did yesterday.

Actually, we have been keeping the goat and she put to bed early last year, a he goat or kid which has grown since them. We use to keep and confine both of them indoors untill the goat and it's kid started showing the crave to step out and hustle to feed and play/mingle with thier likes. We started letting them out in the morning and by evening time, both will come back home and even if they meet the gate locked, they will be using thier limbs and heads to scratch on the gate as notice to us, until the gate is opened for them.

But gradually, they will go out and not come back home, untill after maybe several days, before you will see them. From days of remaining outside, it turned to weeks, while we were always keeping close watch on their whereabouts. Infact, the day I went out searching for them, immediately the she goat sighted me, she ran to me and followed me home while the kid later came back home to join the mother.

What actually shocked me yesterday was that, for over three weeks, the goats have been away from the house, but surprisingly on Wednesday morning, the pregnant goat came home, this time around in the morning, scratching her head and limbs seriously for the gate to be opened for her. Since it is unusual seeing the goat in the morning and because we were going out for work, my wife wanted to send it back to the fields, but the goat refused to go, instead it entered the compound.

We left for work and coming back home in the evening, lo and behold, the goat had given birth to two bouncing kids, hale and healthy. This really baffled me that a goat could know that she was in labour and she had the sense to come back to the house to give birth!!!

Honestly, when I got home, I have to clap for the goat. She gave me reasons to believe that goats, if properly cared for and tendered, can really act reasonably like human.

N.B. I will upload the picture of the goat and the kids later, when I get back home.

They call em GOAT � for a reason..
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Nmezor(f): 10:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
Congratz OP, what a funny tale grin grin Really enjoyed it.I love goats. Just remembered the ones we had way back at Bakori ,Kastina State. They all had names. I even fed one with a feeding bottle, when the mum was acting funny( Her first pregnancy disturbed her) na so the goat come they follow me like say I be him mama smiley Gumming body things..Some Fulani men later came around some days later and held the mum down so the kid can suck some breast milk...Afterward that kid will come to me...

5 Likes

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Viserion: 10:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
Amotolongbo:
That went to its “home” yesterday but could not deliver.

9 matches now, the “GOAT” hasn’t delivered at home
and another goat showed the world how it's down tonight
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by OgWire007: 10:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
9182736455O1999:
No animal when no get sense

Walahi buhari no get o
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 10:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
KingDash:
how many months do goat stay pregnant
I don't know this bros. I didn't know when she was pregnant

1 Like

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by EmemObong03: 10:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
Up to 3 weeks without returning?
See better bush meat for my area grin
OP abeg where una area dey?
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by KingDash: 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
Abujaexpress:
I don't know this bros. I didn't know when she was pregnant
no problem comrade someone just enlighten me�
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
grin
Nmezor:
Congratz OP, what a funny tale grin grin Really enjoyed it.I love goats. Just remembered the ones we had way back at Bakori ,Kastina State. They all had names. I even fed one with a feeding bottle, when the mum was acting funny( Her first pregnancy disturbed her) na so the goat come they follow me like say I be him mama smiley Gumming body things..Some Fulani men later came around some days later and held the mum down so the kid can suck some breast milk...Afterward that kid will come to me...
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
EmemObong03:
Up to 3 weeks without returning?
See better bush meat for my area grin
OP abeg where una area dey?
I no go tell u o
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 10:11pm On Mar 12, 2022
KingDash:
no problem comrade someone just enlighten me�
Good one
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 10:12pm On Mar 12, 2022
Edipet:
Congratulations Op. But you let the goat out to go and damage people's farm....,
That's true. She was even arrested at a time, of which it took several pleas for her release
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
GodisFirst:
OP, Will you sell the kids? if you are residing close to Enugu, I don't mind buying from you when they are matured enough for sale. I want to rear goats and need good breads like this.
No, am in Abuja
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by ACE1010: 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Hallelujah.

Name the new babies Buhari and Tinubu

grin grin grin cheesy grin

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
bennyflipy:
Oya do giveaway
Hahahaha
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
IbileIfe:

These goats have higher IQs than majority of Nigerians. grin
Really?
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by ikorodureporta: 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
For my area, that goat no go return again.. do u know how much you are allowing to sleep outside??

1 Like

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 10:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
nnamdi640:
Goat wey get sense. She wanted protection and shelter for her babies known fully well that outside is not safe.
Honestly
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by kcbaba007: 10:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
GoldenJAT:
Sensible goat! Unlike some GOATS!

Lol.... Unlike some MALUU.....
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by harmony75: 10:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
Congrats you're now a grandpa � animals are sensible.
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by kcbaba007: 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
haloyeah:
Name them goathari and goatbanjo so that no one will take you to court.

Hahaha
Goathari and goatnubu will do
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Bigpapi: 10:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
Abujaexpress:
I was really baffled by what my heavily pregnant goat did yesterday.

Actually, we have been keeping the goat and she put to bed early last year, a he goat or kid which has grown since them. We use to keep and confine both of them indoors untill the goat and it's kid started showing the crave to step out and hustle to feed and play/mingle with thier likes. We started letting them out in the morning and by evening time, both will come back home and even if they meet the gate locked, they will be using thier limbs and heads to scratch on the gate as notice to us, until the gate is opened for them.

But gradually, they will go out and not come back home, untill after maybe several days, before you will see them. From days of remaining outside, it turned to weeks, while we were always keeping close watch on their whereabouts. Infact, the day I went out searching for them, immediately the she goat sighted me, she ran to me and followed me home while the kid later came back home to join the mother.

What actually shocked me yesterday was that, for over three weeks, the goats have been away from the house, but surprisingly on Wednesday morning, the pregnant goat came home, this time around in the morning, scratching her head and limbs seriously for the gate to be opened for her. Since it is unusual seeing the goat in the morning and because we were going out for work, my wife wanted to send it back to the fields, but the goat refused to go, instead it entered the compound.

We left for work and coming back home in the evening, lo and behold, the goat had given birth to two bouncing kids, hale and healthy. This really baffled me that a goat could know that she was in labour and she had the sense to come back to the house to give birth!!!

Honestly, when I got home, I have to clap for the goat. She gave me reasons to believe that goats, if properly cared for and tendered, can really act reasonably like human.

N.B. I will upload the picture of the goat and the kids later, when I get back home.

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Godwin25king: 1:10am On Mar 13, 2022
I'LL VOTE THIS GOAT AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA angry
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by seunmohmoh(f): 1:11am On Mar 13, 2022
Goats are extremely smart... Reminds me of when we killed one of our goat in front 6of the others for new year. They all refused to enter for days.. Whenever they wanna come home to eat and drink water, they'll spy from outside, look around the compound to see if any human is in sight, eat and rush out almost immediately.. We had to drag them in every night.
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:34am On Mar 13, 2022
Your neighbour are good people if nah my area see what they will do all the goats

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by GodisFirst: 6:24am On Mar 13, 2022
Abujaexpress:
No, am in Abuja
Ok, thanks. Take good care of the goats. grin
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by abdulramanian(m): 6:50am On Mar 13, 2022
Goats are wonderful animal,although they are mamallian,apart of dog been the best friend of man,goat if properly care for behave like human,they are stubborn and likewise wise,but no matter how stubborn they are they hate pouring them water or if is about to rain, they will come back home.I rear goats and I knew who they are too.one of my goat even sleep in my room,accompanied me to farm,know when I will come back home.one surprised things she did was that, she woke me up for early morning prayer by scratching her foot at my door.there was another one that was stolen to one village far away from my village like 5 kilometres, when the goat saw me she followed me,,the villagers gathered themselves against me to prove that am the owner.when one old man came,he first of all asked about the claimant and he came out,the old man hold the goat and line us before the peopl, he said we should call the name we gave the goat when I called "AKA" and the man left the goat she to me,and man picked the goat from and ask the claimant to call the name,he called "MIAMA" she did not came to him,people were surprised and amassed, the she goat followed me.the old man and the masses said is mine.the was ashamed.

3 Likes

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by abdulramanian(m): 6:56am On Mar 13, 2022
Goats are wonderful animal,although they are mamallian,apart of dog been the best friend of man,goat if properly care for behave like human,they are stubborn and likewise wise,but no matter how stubborn they are they hate pouring them water or if is about to rain, they will come back home.I rear goats and I knew who they are too.one of my goat even sleep in my room,accompanied me to farm,know when I will come back home.one surprised things she did was that, she woke me up for early morning prayer by scratching her foot at my door.there was another one that was stolen to one village far away from my village like 5 kilometres, when the goat saw me she followed me,,the villagers gathered themselves against me to prove that am the owner?when one old man came,he first of all asked about the claimant and he came out,the old man hold the goat and line us before the people, he said we should call the name we gave the goat when I called "AKA" and the man left the goat she came to me,and man picked the goat from me and ask the claimant to call the name,he called "MIAMA" she did not came to him,people were surprised and amassed, the she goat followed me.the old man and the masses said is mine.the was ashamed.
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by cardoctor(m): 7:31am On Mar 13, 2022
C9ngratulations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes / Ramos: 'Handsome' Goat In Malaysia With 'Pop Star Looks' Is Internet Sensation / Fresh Tomatoes Arrive Lagos From Kano By Train After 58 Years. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.