Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,613 members, 7,820,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? (540 Views)

Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel / Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You" / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Plus10(m): 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
Dear Nairalandlers ,
I am currently in a situation where part of my mind tells me what I did was the right thing while the other part feels otherwise.This is how it came about,I have a friend from China who introduced me into an online investing platform. First I was skeptical about it but with time I keyed in due to her motivating words.Ever since I started the investment, she always checked on me to see how far I had gone with the investment.Atimes she would asked about my daily profits and other important stuffs.Each time I told her about my profits and compounding interest on my capital, she would feel excited.She's excited because when ever I made profits,she too also gained due to refferer bonus.Apart from that,we both promised each other that by June this year we will withdraw part of the investment and use the money for vacant in other country. Ever since then she has been protective about her investment because of the promised we made to each other.This where the problem lies,last week I was in a serious financial mess,I needed some cash badly.The money in my account was not enough to meet up the financial need,and what I needed the money for was urgent.So I decided to use part of the investment to solve the problem.Few days after that ,another financial need came ,also very important. Omo I was just confused!I looked for money everyhere ,but all to no avail!I then decided to liquidate the remaining part of the investment, hoping that I would quickly go back to the investment when I have money. Unfortunately this morning my friend from China,chatted me up on WhatsApp as usual to find out about the state of the investment. These are her words "How much profit have you made today "? At first when I saw the message I didn't know what to tell her because I feel she would be disappointed to know that I was no longer in the investment. Then part of me said I should just quote any figure and tell her that's the profit I have made for today.Now since the beginning of this year, I have been trying to amend my relationship with God,telling lies is one of the major thing I told myself not to do this year,and God has been faithful to me regarding that.Again I also weighed the consequences it would cause by telling her the truth.I feel by telling her the truth, she might feel a bit disappointed.But after much thought, I finally messaged her via WhatsApp regarding the whole truth,ever since I sent her the message she has not replied me even when the message has shown read . Did I do the right thing by telling her the truth, or I should have just told a white lie to keep our relationship going?Again,do you prefer to tell lie rather than the truth in other to avoid someone or yourself being hurt?

Mod please help push to front page, thanks!
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hmm
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by mitchelle16(f): 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2022
You did the right thing
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Zonefree(m): 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2022
I don't know why you're feeling bad about this. It's your money and investment. She's only concerned about her bonus as the referrer, not as if she cares about you.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
Plus10:
Did I do the right thing by telling her the truth, or I should have just told a white lie to keep our relationship going?Again,do you prefer to tell lie rather than the truth in other to avoid someone or yourself being hurt?
Honesty is always the best policy. undecided

In your case, would you rather God be disappointed in you or a mere human be disappointed in you? You decide! undecided

Ofcourse there are consequences to face, good of bad, but ultimately, you need to understand who it is you are really looking to please in all of this. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by remsonik(f): 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
It's good you told her the truth, it may be hurting to her but don't worry God will console her. Put her also in your prayers, God will draw both of you back together. You did the right thing by telling the truth, you shall continually be getting blessed and favored in life.

1 Like

Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Plus10(m): 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
mitchelle16:
You did the right thing
Thanks dear,I feel good with your comment!
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Felimax(m): 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
There are better ways around such circumstances.

I was in your case, i would rather not say. You can call it diplomacy.

Telling people what they what to hear and never what they need to hear is one of my law of power.

Good or bad, me first before anybody.
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2022
Felimax:
There are better ways around such circumstances.
I was in your case, i would rather not say. You can call it diplomacy.

Telling people what they what to hear and never what they need to hear is one of my law of power.

Good or bad, me first before anybody.
So you are invariably telling him it is better to lie then? undecided
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Shalommy(f): 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
Truth must be told. You did the right thing. She is not a good friend, she was after the token she gained from you. Cheer up.
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Mariangeles(f): 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
You did the right thing by saying the truth.
Truths make life easier.
Lies contradict and complicate, truth liberates.
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Felimax(m): 4:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So you are invariably telling him it is better to lie then? undecided

"Invariably" just to size your epileptic way of thinking into my mention.
As if I was referring to you. Excuse me please if you can't goggle what it means to be diplomatic.
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by oldienavie: 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
OP weldone o, hope you have got people pinging you for information on the supposed business.
You gimmick is great, but not great enough to fool people who have brains like myself.

Your story is concocted and the aim of this thread is to get people to message you in your dm so that you can now dupe them...

For those who wants to ping him for info on the said business, your money will loss .

1 Like

Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by brain54(m): 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mariangeles:
You did the right thing by saying the truth.
Truths make life easier.
Lies contradict and complicate, truth liberates.
Not always easy to tell the absolute truth...
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Plus10(m): 6:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
remsonik:
It's good you told her the truth, it may be hurting to her but don't worry God will console her. Put her also in your prayers, God will draw both of you back together. You did the right thing by telling the truth, you shall continually be getting blessed and favored in life.
Ok,thanks!
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Plus10(m): 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
oldienavie:
OP weldone o, hope you have got people pinging you for information on the supposed business.
You gimmick is great, but not great enough to fool people who have brains like myself.

Your story is concocted and the aim of this thread is to get people to message you in your dm so that you can now dupe them...

For those who wants to ping him for info on the said business, your money will loss .
May God have mercy on you!
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Mariangeles(f): 9:12pm On Mar 10, 2022
brain54:

Not always easy to tell the absolute truth...

Yes, but lies are more difficult to keep up.
When you tell a lie, you might need more lies to cover it up.
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by brain54(m): 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mariangeles:

Yes, but lies are more difficult to keep up.
When you tell a lie, you might need more lies to cover it up.
Very true.
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by DontBullshitMe: 10:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
SCAM SCAM SCAM.

No one will message you for the investment opportunities. grin
Re: Is It Always Right To Tell The Truth Even If It Has Damaging Consequences? by Plus10(m): 10:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
SCAM SCAM SCAM.

No one will message you for the investment opportunities. grin
Where in my write up did I state that someone should message me concerning investment opportunities? I don't just understand how some Nigerians reason,it just so pathetic.

(1) (Reply)

I Left My Wife When She Was Sick, Used Her Money To Go On Vacation With Her PA / Please Advice How To Be More Confrontational / Petroleum Subsidy Is Gone: The Implications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.