Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. (6048 Views)

Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos / Igbos In Lagos State: My Experience By Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe / Borno: Boko Haram Attacks Four Churches, Kills Pastor, Two Others In Gwoza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by tpia5: 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2011
Maybe the govt should look into recruiting foreign volunteers (whites) to serve in those places.

Balancing the crucial need for education in these areas versus the lives of ordinary nigerians drafted there to help out.

Complicated situation since how do we even know for sure who would be safe. The northerners dont really fear whites, unlike southerners though they (north and whites) have a tolerance for each other most times.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by acaolly1(m): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2011
Hmmm, there is fire on the mountain, and somebody seems not to be on the run, Listen to your dear live. All the Boko haram, Bakassi boys, OPC and the likes are devil agent oooooo
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by gungume: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2011
If you are willing to go just go and leave any unnecessary advice NO ANY SAFE PLACE IN NIGERIA SINCE POLICE HQ GET BOMBED!! POOR ROADS IN NIGERIA CAN EASILY CLAIM YOUR LIVE  TALKLESS OF BOKO HARAM. POOR ROADS KILLS MORE THAN BOKO HARAM
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by 9ce(m): 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2011
I see no reason why NYSC should still be posting corps members in all these crisis prone areas. @ poster, i will personally advise you to flee as our Lord Jesus taught us to flee from sin, and I strongly believe at your age you know what is good for you. its your choice my dear, to choose between life and death.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by saintchyco: 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2011
Abeg,abeg,abeg, just change your name to osama or something of that nature,
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by 1025: 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2011
@o.poster,
pls listen to ur parents but if you must go, try and open a condolence register for urself where we can express our sympathies.
again, you can apply for part payment of the usual N5m from jonathan so that u go enjoy part of ur efforts.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by begwong: 3:00pm On Jun 30, 2011
if u insist to go,make your will first!! grin
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by KAYD007(m): 3:00pm On Jun 30, 2011
grin

when an american soldier is posted to Iraqi or Afghanistan, He is proud of serving UNCLE SAM!

My  friend, angry how dare u complain of your deployment? dont be a wussy, if na hausa punny now
u go hungrily nack, go serve for borno haram u dey fumble, u be confirm muntulla.Nansense! angry
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Templa(m): 3:04pm On Jun 30, 2011
Op
Dizeani did not serve buh today she is a minister y? Because she is alive.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by maclatunji: 3:08pm On Jun 30, 2011
Sensitive issue, make-up your mind. Nobody will make it for you!
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by ChiefS(m): 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2011
Quite unfortunate.My brother was also posted there.The goverment is quite insincere?Why send Youth Corp members to Borno State?Well maybe you get a docotr's report?Got some FAQ from NYSC website which might be useful.

I need special medical care. Can I be deployed to where my parents are for proper medical attention?

Yes, if you submit sufficient medical record and history from your Institution's Medical Centre or a recognised Government Hospital indicating that you have been receiving treatment as a student.
What happens in the event of death during the service year?

The NYSC takes full responsibility of the burial ceremony of the Corps member. The death certificate is to be forwarded to the Director-General through the State Coordinator for the Corps Member's death benefit.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by gidson12(m): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2011
@op
Let me tell u what would become your fate at borno, you would either be Hacked, slaughted, burned, or bombed then your family would be given 5million naira as compensation. . . . .
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by kencivic: 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2011
Hey, secretely look for a Gon grin
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by tellwisdom: 3:23pm On Jun 30, 2011
Hello friends, just got my NYSC call-up letter and was posted to serve in Maiduguri, Borno state. My parents insist I boycott the service due to incessant bombings and killings by the Islamic Sec.(Boko Haram). Pls, I need u guys to advice me on how to get a redeployment cos I can afford to go for the orientation camping only but cant stay there. I grew up in south south and south east, studied in UNN but have never been to North. Your advise will be helpful pls.

E be like sey death dey hungry you aby?? Na small pikin of 12yrs old go insert bomb inside ur dull brain and u re gone! God forbid

You are only permitted to go if only you would like to see any of the boko harams, how they look like cheesy cheesy
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by beeman80: 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2011
U need to get a redeployment fast.Dont gamble with your SOUL. When there is life there is hope my dear.Those areas are death zones for now.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Brai777(m): 3:36pm On Jun 30, 2011
I am writing from Maiduguri and things are really bad, such that banks now get threat letter from boko haram. They rob banks to finance their operation, and our management decided that we operate between 9am-2pm.

There is a corper from SE serving with our bank and he mentioned that only about 900 reported to camp out of the 2000 corpers posted to Bornu State. Out of the remaining 900 more than 600 have been redeployed due to the crisis. The reason he is not redeploying now was because he is serving with the bank with better prospect, good pay and free accommodation.

I will advise you not to wait your time boycotting, report to camp and redeploy immediately after the 3 weeks orientation, redeployment is very easy, no condition attached.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by babeface3: 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2011
can they be permited for a p!$tl aech at laest lipsrsealed
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by anointedf(m): 3:48pm On Jun 30, 2011
By default, all guys posted there must boycott, then let us network ourselves to jointly protest this senseless posting.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by rhythyson: 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2011
girlcott ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Funkymallam(m): 3:55pm On Jun 30, 2011
wot of those posted to bauchi state?
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by femib26(m): 3:55pm On Jun 30, 2011
Like we used to say those days "To serve Nigeria is not by force". Am sure your parents wont allow you to go to "Boko Haram republic grin grin". Be wise friend.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by chines4(m): 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
Like I said in a similar post, Your like is in the hand of God, No human, Boko haram ooo, OPC ooo, Bakasi ooo, Militants oo etc, can be able to take your life, unless ordained by God. Just pray and put your trust in God he will see you through. The good Lord is u'r Shepherd
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by wikitruth: 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2011
Please be wise and don't go.
Get other people who are posted to Borno with you and find a way of going to nearest NYSC office to you to protest why u are not going.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by HamidO1(m): 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2011
No where is safe in Nigeria right now. Some places are obviously no go area e.g Borno. Do not risk your life bro, the worst that can happen is for you to wait till November to be remobilized. If you are a risk taker sha you can go to camp for three weeks, I'm sure they'll allow all those that want to redeploy to do so. It's very risky though. Think of your siblings and parents before you decide.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by andyanders: 4:23pm On Jun 30, 2011
Capital Hell, NO. How on earth you even start asking. Your life first b4 success. With the present happenings around, you should go straight to NYSC secretariat and let them know that you MUST be redeployed to another state or you don’t do the NYSC.
But if you have to go, just hug your parents’ goodbye as you will NEVER come back alive,cos your life will be waisted.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Chukbeck(m): 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2011
Insist that if u must serve it should be in the Governors house.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by iluvnet(m): 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2011
Spyker:

I will simply advise you to get a lawyer to write for redeployment to another state where Boko Haram and their likes don't operate, if need be, get a copy of the NYSC Act and let him quote the relevant section that permits you to seek for redeployment. Make sure this letter is copied to the Human Rights Activists, Attorney General of the Federation, the National Assembly and all those who are saddled with the responsibility of  the NYSC. If they refused, sue them for damages for deliberate denial, make sure it is made public by copying media houses.

I bet you, they will post you even to your home state.

[size=18pt]If you think this is a bad option, just write your will and head for Maiduguri.[/size]

I guess this is the best answer.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by kodylicky(f): 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2011
i think you should go to camp
then apply for redeployment in camp. most corp members sent to these troubled states get redeployed easily

my friend is also going to Borno state

i asked her to get married before camp  grin  grin  grin
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by HamidO1(m): 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2011
Chukbeck:

Insist that if u must serve it should be in the Governors house.

Even the governor's house isn't safe. You sure have forgotten the police headquarters right?
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Toonice(m): 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2011
FG just gave u LETTER OF DEATH BY HANGING. Chose either to accept it or reject
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Toonice(m): 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2011
FG just gave u LETTER OF DEATH BY HANGING. Chose either to accept it or reject

Free World
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Guyman02: 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
[quote Guyman02 « #27 on: June 23, 2011, 12:10 PM »   ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wont blame any parent who doent want their wards to serve in certain areas as a precautionary measure. It is unadvisable for a youth corp member to wear his/her uniform on the streets of Maiduguri under the present situation because you stand the chance of being gunned by motorcycle riding AK47 clutching Boko Haram members who may see them as Govt agents.
Many CPC supporters still view corpers as part of the rigging mechanism used to deny their Mai Gaskiya his presidential ambition and are very bitter about it.

Advice: if you must serve in some northern states, after orientation camp, dump your NYSC uniform in a bag and go to your place of primary assignment in kaftans and probably grow a beard (bia bia) then for the ladies learn to wear the hijab (veil), free flowing trousers or wrapper, long sleeve shirts that falls below your butts and hopefully you will be fine by not attracting unnecessary attention as an arni (infidel) on yourselves.

Avoid any writeup or booklet in arabic alphabet or you will be wrongly accused of desecrating the Koran.

For you Christian preachers, please dont go around evangilizing and arguing over religious matters or you may be acused of abusing the prophet (Apostacy) and that could attract mob action.

Avoid having affairs with their daughters or you may be accused of defiling her with infidel blood, but they are happy when they see their men dating Christian ladies as they view that as a conquest with the possibility that if it leads to marriage the Christian lady will bear kids that will follow Islam (Maryam Babangida) and even be converted.

Avoid using Almajiri kids to wash and clean your clothes and house as they have the tendency to claim that you were seen cleaning your anus with a sheet from the holy book and that will spell doom.

Avoid alcohol joints as they are seen as a place of gathering for infidels that could be attacked for a reward from Allah.

Avoid INEC electoral duties.

Avoid passing through the Mosque area especially on Fridays when others are bowing and you are walking majestically across their front the Hisbah (Islamic police) may come for and you could be dealth with severely.

When you hear shouts of Allahu Akbar continuosly different from the normal call to prayer just sense trouble and make your way out of that location, it could be a call for mob action.

There are other rules that you must keep and you will have a memorable service year in the North and in the end you may even wish to remain there and pick a job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flood Victims In Adamawa Paid N200 & N240 As Compensation / Jim Nwobodo Dead Son's Corpse Missing At His Burial Today / Meet President Buhari's Pilot Of Nigeria Airfoce 001 - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.