Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Let Discussion About Engine Oil (sealed Or Unsealed) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let Discussion About Engine Oil (sealed Or Unsealed) (1051 Views)

Hyundai owners Discussion / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage / Anyone Heard About Engine Carbon Cleaning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Discussion About Engine Oil (sealed Or Unsealed) by fineboynl(m): 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
When it comes to engine oil there is this fuzz about unsealed engine oil here and there also known as roadside oil.

With the sellers littered all over the main road side sealing measurements oil even some filling stations. The question is Who are the people pratronazing them if the oil is that Bad and dangerous?

By the way alot of sealed oil are fake. They are not from the manufacturer. I have seen car owners purring those measurements oil in their old vehicles without any problem or what so ever.

Just imagine someone who bought Nigeria used Honda or Toyota let say 600k to 900k with a mileage of 250k to 350k. With that contests the engine itself is far gone. And It will be a waste buying mobil oil of 25k in such a car. Let assume he buys this every months on maximum that would be over 250k in a year. In 3-4 years he has spent more than the amount he bought the car in the first place. While trying to save it engine. Even more than the cost to replace it engine.

It's counterproductive and not a wise decision if you ask me.

Example is this. I bought my generator brand new and the seller told me to never use measurements oil on the generator if i want it to last long. And I need to change the oil very 2 weeks. I countered him that if I need to go by his longic and on the long run I will spend more money that I could have use to but a new generator if I should use road side generator.

Although I followed as he told me but within 3years I have spend more than the money I bought the generator sealed oil alone, but although the generator is still in top shape. My neighbors who use road side oil and most time they don't even bother to change generator oil they just top it. Their generator is till working other it might have one issue or the other.

Here is my view. Inverter Air conditioner is about 2 time expensive than the regular air conditioner. And you will be saving few cash running on inverter Air conditioner on electricity bill's. And With today stardard of electronic air conditioner has short life span unlike before and let say 5 years, and inverter is even more fragile and expensive to repare or replace anything in it. On the long run you will understand that you didn't save any thing much if any althrough the years it lasted while trying to cut corners.

What would you advice someone who drive old Honda or Toyota he bought 600k to buy Sealed Oil of about 25k every month?

Some of the Sealed Oil are measurements oil.
Re: Let Discussion About Engine Oil (sealed Or Unsealed) by Gbolahan111: 8:24am On Mar 15, 2022
How can you be servicing a car every month with a 25k engine oil?
Re: Let Discussion About Engine Oil (sealed Or Unsealed) by Grupo(m): 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2022
Who services a car every month?

Are you driving from Abakaliki to Maidugiri everyday?
Re: Let Discussion About Engine Oil (sealed Or Unsealed) by yesloaded: 1:12pm On Mar 16, 2022
Grupo:

grin
Re: Let Discussion About Engine Oil (sealed Or Unsealed) by yesloaded: 1:19pm On Mar 16, 2022
I see no reason why you should service generator every 2weeks

Good brand sealed oil is the real deal to keep you engine running without issue

I have a Tec gen that I've been using for good 3years still I've never replace any part of the gen infact I still use the same spark plug that comes with the gen till today. Anytime I look inside the engine through where I do pour oil inside the gen, the engine always looks very clean.

As regard for cars, sir it's advisable to use recommended sealed engine oil if you don't want trouble for your car & I disagree about cost of oil. Some synthetic oil cost around 17k e.g mannol oil & works good inside your engine

In conclusion, sealed oil is better than road side oil

1 Like

Re: Let Discussion About Engine Oil (sealed Or Unsealed) by MARKone(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
Grupo:

The guy even say he dey change generator oil every 2 weeks lipsrsealed
Re: Let Discussion About Engine Oil (sealed Or Unsealed) by Grupo(m): 1:49pm On Mar 16, 2022
MARKone:

The thing weak me.
Re: Let Discussion About Engine Oil (sealed Or Unsealed) by fineboynl(m): 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2022
MARKone:

how long do you change generator oil?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian City With The Best Set Of Drivers And The Worst / PAN Limited Has Started Selling Its Vehicles / Photo: Can You Name This Car Logo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.