Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Eli Brought Up His Children In A Modern Way! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eli Brought Up His Children In A Modern Way! (240 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Wedding Anniversary Of His Children / Bishop David Oyedepo, Wife And Children In Lovely Family Photo / Woman Abandoned by Her Children In Delta As Pastor Tells Them She's A Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eli Brought Up His Children In A Modern Way! by FreshGreen: 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
ELI BROUGHT UP HIS CHILDREN IN A MODERN WAY!
Eli was a high Priest of God in Shiloh then, he has 2 children , boys, but they were spoiled children, spoiled by their father, he brought them up in an American way, in a Western and modern way and then the children became useless, so useless to him and to God.

Do you think Eli did not talk to his children? He did, but with more respect than with discipline. Eli could talk to his children like, "Guys, what you are doing is not the best, you need to think, think and bring out the best in you. You are wonderful guys and I would not want to say anything that would hurt your feeling or emotion, because you deserve respect as the sons of the highest priest in Israel. You have great potentials and you deserve a reserved respect, but then I would not want you to hurt God, men"

Now, with all the evils, corruptions and immoralities of his sons, see how he rebuked them, "So he said to them, “Why do you do such things? For I hear of your evil dealings from all the people. No, my sons! For it is not a good report that I hear. You make the Lord’s people transgress." Eli spoke to his spoiled children with respect, he wasn't ready to be too direct or harsh with them, that was the reason he kept saying "What I hear about you". He was living with them in Shiloh and he saw none of the evils they were doing, he only heard what people said. He did not want his sons to see him as a tough or strict father and he did not want them to be mad at him, he was like, "I didn't see anything wrong in what you are doing, but what I am hearing is not good, you know people now...."

That is how the western world, modern world wants you to bring up your kids, like Eli, with much respect even if they are disrespecting God, no discipline and no any form of punishments.

Eli honoured his son more than God and God was not happy about that. God said, "Why do you kick at My sacrifice and My offering which I have commanded in My dwelling place, and honor your sons more than Me....."

Listen, it is better you discipline your children now than for God to decide His judgement upon them. It is better to hurt your kids with punishments now than for you to hurt God. Eli lost everything and his two sons in a day just because he honoured his children more than God.

"He who spares his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him promptly." Proverbs 13:24.

Train and discipline your children in godly way now, forget about their moods now but mold them in a godly way. They will thank you later.

God bless you,

Gideon Akande, the Evangelist.
Re: Eli Brought Up His Children In A Modern Way! by yahwehpickin(m): 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2022
Are you saying that the west don't know how to train their children

Eli brought up his sons in the western way in the American way?? Omo what are you saying??

FreshGreen:
ELI BROUGHT UP HIS CHILDREN IN A MODERN WAY!
Eli was a high Priest of God in Shiloh then, he has 2 children , boys, but they were spoiled children, spoiled by their father, he brought them up in an American way, in a Western and modern way and then the children became useless, so useless to him and to God.

Do you think Eli did not talk to his children? He did, but with more respect than with discipline. Eli could talk to his children like, "Guys, what you are doing is not the best, you need to think, think and bring out the best in you. You are wonderful guys and I would not want to say anything that would hurt your feeling or emotion, because you deserve respect as the sons of the highest priest in Israel. You have great potentials and you deserve a reserved respect, but then I would not want you to hurt God, men"

Now, with all the evils, corruptions and immoralities of his sons, see how he rebuked them, "So he said to them, “Why do you do such things? For I hear of your evil dealings from all the people. No, my sons! For it is not a good report that I hear. You make the Lord’s people transgress." Eli spoke to his spoiled children with respect, he wasn't ready to be too direct or harsh with them, that was the reason he kept saying "What I hear about you". He was living with them in Shiloh and he saw none of the evils they were doing, he only heard what people said. He did not want his sons to see him as a tough or strict father and he did not want them to be mad at him, he was like, "I didn't see anything wrong in what you are doing, but what I am hearing is not good, you know people now...."

That is how the western world, modern world wants you to bring up your kids, like Eli, with much respect even if they are disrespecting God, no discipline and no any form of punishments.

Eli honoured his son more than God and God was not happy about that. God said, "Why do you kick at My sacrifice and My offering which I have commanded in My dwelling place, and honor your sons more than Me....."

Listen, it is better you discipline your children now than for God to decide His judgement upon them. It is better to hurt your kids with punishments now than for you to hurt God. Eli lost everything and his two sons in a day just because he honoured his children more than God.

"He who spares his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him promptly." Proverbs 13:24.

Train and discipline your children in godly way now, forget about their moods now but mold them in a godly way. They will thank you later.

God bless you,

Gideon Akande, the Evangelist.
Re: Eli Brought Up His Children In A Modern Way! by yahwehpickin(m): 5:33pm On Mar 11, 2022
You need to do research on Jewish parenting and understand how to Eli's mistake does relate to the west or America.......

Secondly you have little or no idea on how they train their children, the schooling system or the home upbringing.... Pick the right things.

Even in Nigeria parents are always abusive in words to their own children, and beating them like slaves, these children will have low self esteem, fearful not believing in themselves and as a parent you think you did a good job.

The scriptures says train up a child in the way he should go( Jesus is the way) but how can a parent who doesn't know the Lord that much train up one who will know him.

This topic is long and there are many parts to it.

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Experience With Different Church You Have Attended / Apsotle Johnson Suleman Had This To Say About Hushpuppi And Other Yahoo Boys / Why Are You Weeping?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.