Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Wedding Ceremony; Parent's Church Or Daughter's Church. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wedding Ceremony; Parent's Church Or Daughter's Church. (262 Views)

Photos From Wedding Ceremony Of Delta Man And His Two Pregnant Brides / No Ordinary Son Or Daughter Is A Pride Of Their Father / Your Cousin's Son Or Daughter Is Called What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Ceremony; Parent's Church Or Daughter's Church. by Diarygirl: 9:37pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello nairaland, please allow me pick your brain. A young lady who attends a different church from her mother's, is about to be married and the mother threatened not to attend if the solemnization isn't done in her church. Is it that serious?
Re: Wedding Ceremony; Parent's Church Or Daughter's Church. by Candidlady: 9:37pm On Mar 11, 2022
cry

This is actually sad cuz no church wedding for me unless ileave this judgemental country cry
Re: Wedding Ceremony; Parent's Church Or Daughter's Church. by rickpat(m): 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2022
na wa
Re: Wedding Ceremony; Parent's Church Or Daughter's Church. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2022
Parents church,she should honour her parents
Re: Wedding Ceremony; Parent's Church Or Daughter's Church. by Totilopussylick(m): 9:40pm On Mar 11, 2022
Iyaebe:
l stand with you tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wedding Ceremony; Parent's Church Or Daughter's Church. by slan87(m): 9:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
Iyaebe:

I concur

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wedding Ceremony; Parent's Church Or Daughter's Church. by NoToPile: 10:06pm On Mar 11, 2022
If your parents insist it should be done in their church kindly oblige them.

My church will tell you during marriage counseling if your parents insist do the solemnization there, several cases of couples having their marriage counseling in my church and then travel down to the parents church for solemnization in the parents church e. G Baptist, Anglican etc, lots of our parents attend the orthodox churches.

These things are not that hard.
Re: Wedding Ceremony; Parent's Church Or Daughter's Church. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:43pm On Mar 11, 2022
Diarygirl:
Hello nairaland, please allow me pick your brain. A young lady who attends a different church from her mother's, is about to be married and the mother threatened not to attend if the solemnization isn't done in her church. Is it that serious?

you have to look at it with these 4 points

1 is it fair for someone to have part of their dream be cut to fullfil someone dream's ? do you still call it your dream wedding or mum's dream wedding, You can only wed once no one should impose their wish on someone special day

2 Having been going to her own church means she has more support from people within her church its easy to navigate etc then her mums

3 The mum is doing it for her own pride, would she be happy if eg her own mum insist that their own aniversary should be done at her mum's church than her own ?

4 there are things you can honour other people by doing something to honour them but a wedding is not, its something you can no repeat unless if you remarry so why not the lovely make it thier own

sometimes a self reflection is needed

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

54 Newly Built Duplexes In Abuja / Affiliate Marketing, Is It Worth Investigating Money Into It? / An Honest Comment On Jehovah Witness Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.