Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested (1466 Views)

World Reacts As Missiles Rain Explosions On Ukrainian Cities / Zelenskky: Russia Continued To Bomb Ukrainian Cities During Negotiation Talks / Afghan Stowaways Fall To Death After Clinging To Plane (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by Biodun556(m): 1:13am On Mar 12, 2022
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/world/europe/ukraine-maps.html

Where Russians have been making hard-fought gains
Although Russia has not captured major cities in recent days, its invasion is far from stalled. Russian forces continue to make gains, pushing into smaller cities and encircling larger ones. Troops have been nearing Kyiv, the capital, and also closing in on key cities in the South and the Northeast.

Yahoo News

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/melitopol-mayor-abducted-russian-forces-233009279.html
Melitopol Mayor Abducted by Russian Forces, Ukraine Says
12 March 2022, 00:30

Senior Ukrainian officials have accused Russia of abducting the Mayor of Melitopol, Ivan Fedorov, from an administrative building in the center of the city on Friday, March 11.

Security video released by the Deputy Head of the Office of the President, Kirill Timoshenko, appears to show soldiers exiting the Melitopol City Registry Office with a person in custody.

Fedorov had continued to operate the city council despite the arrival of Russian forces and posted regular updates on social media about the situation in the city. On Monday, March 7, after helping organize humanitarian deliveries to the city, Fedorov was awarded the Order of Courage by President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by sapientia(m): 1:14am On Mar 12, 2022
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by seunny4lif(m): 1:22am On Mar 12, 2022
Nooo
Ukraine are winning
Ukraine have killed 1M Russia troops and destroyed 1K Russia jets.

Ukraine can’t even take any airport from just 200 Russia troops until Russia full troops came in

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by ken6488(m): 1:36am On Mar 12, 2022
Main while Ukraine has been winning on social media

3 million Russian death

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by ken6488(m): 1:36am On Mar 12, 2022
seunny4lif:
Nooo
Ukraine are winning
Ukraine have killed 1M Russia troops and destroyed 1K Russia jets
3000 jet oo

7 Likes

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by seunny4lif(m): 1:52am On Mar 12, 2022
Lol
cheesy wink
ken6488:
3000 jet oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by Northernblood5(m): 2:54am On Mar 12, 2022
seunny4lif:
Nooo
Ukraine are winning

You cry alot like baby. Is it not the same Western newspaper that you guy despise cheesy cheesy . What makes u think this is not propaganda.Una case tire me cheesy .nigerian youths Should stop blaming West for their woes. You don't vote in old and young visionless leaders (criminals) and expect progress. You are cause of ur woes not west cheesy cheesy
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by seunny4lif(m): 3:25am On Mar 12, 2022
Northernblood5:

You cry alot like baby. Is it not the same Western newspaper that you guy despise cheesy cheesy . What makes u think this is not propaganda.Una case tire me cheesy .nigerian youths Should stop blaming West for their woes. You don't vote in old and young visionless leaders (criminals) and expect progress. You are cause of ur woes not west cheesy cheesy
No be you dey shout Buhari for president up and down for this forum grin grin
I voted the young ones but people like you voted for Buhari because you watched the western news told you Buhari was the best candidate for Nigeria grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by joyandfaith: 6:54am On Mar 12, 2022
Biodun556:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/world/europe/ukraine-maps.html

Where Russians have been making hard-fought gains
Although Russia has not captured major cities in recent days, its invasion is far from stalled. Russian forces continue to make gains, pushing into smaller cities and encircling larger ones. Troops have been nearing Kyiv, the capital, and also closing in on key cities in the South and the Northeast.

Yahoo News

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/melitopol-mayor-abducted-russian-forces-233009279.html
Melitopol Mayor Abducted by Russian Forces, Ukraine Says
12 March 2022, 00:30

Senior Ukrainian officials have accused Russia of abducting the Mayor of Melitopol, Ivan Fedorov, from an administrative building in the center of the city on Friday, March 11.

Security video released by the Deputy Head of the Office of the President, Kirill Timoshenko, appears to show soldiers exiting the Melitopol City Registry Office with a person in custody.

Fedorov had continued to operate the city council despite the arrival of Russian forces and posted regular updates on social media about the situation in the city. On Monday, March 7, after helping organize humanitarian deliveries to the city, Fedorov was awarded the Order of Courage by President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Western propaganda!!! Intense fighting has been going on Mauripol . Most mauripol residents are immigrants about 50% of them. It is an intercultural society. About 38% of populace are Russian immigrants or settlers. You cannot expect too much resistance from such city.
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by LocalStandard1(m): 7:01am On Mar 12, 2022
While Russia is quietly slowly but surely advancing, the west is speedily and loudly 'winning' funny.

Ukraine is the largest country in Europe after Russia, Russia is advancing on wheels. It might take her months to completely take over and demilitarize and denazify the country but it will happen.

10 Likes

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by joyandfaith: 7:10am On Mar 12, 2022
LocalStandard1:
While Russia is quietly slowly but surely advancing, the west is speedily and loudly 'winning' funny.

Ukraine is the largest country in Europe after Russia, Russia is advancing on wheels. It might take her months to completely take over and demilitarize and denazify the country but it will happen.

Months to denazify the country? I thought you guys said it can be done in 3 days. If Russia remains in Ukraine for next 3 months, the cost of victory will be too much for Russia. Most of small cities which have fallen under Russian Army have sizeable number of Russian speakers and immigrants.
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by ruggedtimi(m): 7:12am On Mar 12, 2022
LocalStandard1:

everyone knows if Russia continues they will definitely takeover Ukraine...but this was not what Putin expected. I remember during former president of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko's tenure, Putin bragged that if he wants to invade Ukraine and take over power it will happen in 3mins. Even the Ukrainians know they will eventually fall but they are still fighting defending their cities making it very difficult for Russia.
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by rottennaija(m): 7:13am On Mar 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

Months to density the country? I thought you guys said it can be done in 3 days. If Russia remains in Ukraine for next 3 months, the cost of victory will be too much for Russia. Most of small cities which have fallen under Russian Army have sizeable number of Russian speakers and immigrants.

You are very funny. Did the Russian say it will be over in 3 days? Who are the 'you people'?

2 Likes

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by joyandfaith: 7:17am On Mar 12, 2022
rottennaija:

You are very funny. Did the Russian say it will be over in 3 days? Who are the 'you people'?

I mean you pro-war . You guys said on the first day of invasion that by Sunday or Monday, it would be over for Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by HitbackIIback: 7:41am On Mar 12, 2022
seunny4lif:
Nooo
Ukraine are winning
I dey tell you. My take on this is for both parties to talk and settle this mess but some guys are talking about Ukraine winning. Someone came to your house and keep flogging you and you dey talk say you dey win

4 Likes

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by rottennaija(m): 7:43am On Mar 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

I mean you pro-war . You guys said on the first day of invasion that by Sunday or Monday, it would be over for Ukraine.
ok. You mean us the pro-war? I never remembered saying it and neither did the Russians. In anycase, the Denazification and demilitarization of Ukraine would be total and complete. That is what the Russians said.

1 Like

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by joyandfaith: 7:47am On Mar 12, 2022
rottennaija:

ok. You mean us the pro-war? I never remembered saying it and neither did the Russians. In anycase, the Denazification and demilitarization of Ukraine would be total and complete. That is what the Russians said.

You are one of those guys that supported Russia invasion of Ukraine. Nothing justifies any war.
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by rottennaija(m): 7:51am On Mar 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

You are one of those guys that supported Russia invasion of Ukraine. Nothing justifies any war.

And yet, it is justified when your god kills billions in a war to Ursher you guys to a sugary thereafter?
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by joyandfaith: 7:57am On Mar 12, 2022
rottennaija:

And yet, it is justified when your god kills billions in a war to Ursher you guys to a sugary thereafter?

Since you don't believe in Bible you can say anything you like about Armageddon.
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by talk2hb1(m): 10:43am On Mar 12, 2022
Na Lie Joor, another Russia propaganda.
Na Moscow dem capture, it was mayor Petrov Yuri that was arrested. Putin will be captured next undecided
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by rottennaija(m): 10:54am On Mar 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

Since you don't believe in Bible you can say anything you like about Armageddon.

I thought you were talking about justifying wars. Oh, suddenly, belief in the Bible is a justification?
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by History555: 10:57am On Mar 12, 2022
Half of the population in kiev has japa in two weeks. By the time the other half is gone. Time to carpet bomb the entire city

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by joyandfaith: 11:08am On Mar 12, 2022
rottennaija:

I thought you were talking about justifying wars. Oh, suddenly, belief in the Bible is a justification?
Your comment is about Armageddon-divine war. It is justifies against wicked people. Wars between nations are uncalled for. Since you don't see Bible as only authority on matter right and wrong, nothing to discuss.
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by Emmajn1: 11:19am On Mar 12, 2022
seunny4lif:
Nooo
Ukraine are winning
thunder fire USA and Britain those criminals lols

3 Likes

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by seunny4lif(m): 11:21am On Mar 12, 2022
cheesy
Ukraine allowed herself to be used
They did not learn from Georgia and Syria so called rebels
Emmajn1:
thunder fire USA and Britain those criminals lols

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by seunny4lif(m): 11:24am On Mar 12, 2022
grin grin
I taya
Russia has made Russia landlocked.
If they started attacking those border to Hungary, Romania and Poland then Ukraine will understand. Russia already on the way to secure the 3rd nuclear plant
HitbackIIback:

I dey tell you. My take on this is for both parties to talk and settle this mess but some guys are talking about Ukraine winning. Someone came to your house and keep flogging you and you dey talk say you dey win

1 Like

Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by rottennaija(m): 11:32am On Mar 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

Your comment is about Armageddon-divine war. It is justifies against wicked people. Wars between nations are uncalled for. Since you don't see Bible as only authority on matter right and wrong, nothing to discuss.

It's still the same thing I'm saying.
joyandfaith:
Nothing justifies any war.

Suddenly, nothing has turned to as long as its my god that decides, nothing becomes something and Bible is the authority. And by the way, who decide who is bad or who is good? The tyrannical biblical God that punishes as casually as he rewards? That kills many even for the sin of a few? The biblical god that has a very poor moral compass?
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by joyandfaith: 11:34am On Mar 12, 2022
rottennaija:

It's still the same thing I'm saying.

Suddenly, nothing has turned to as long as its my god that decides, nothing becomes something and Bible is the authority.

Bible is only authetic authority. Any war that is not sanctioned by God is wrong.
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by rottennaija(m): 11:36am On Mar 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

Bible is only authetic authority. Any war that is not sanctioned by God is wrong.

Exactly
Like the jihads? The Holy War of displacement of natives people from their homeland becomes the Jewish god says so?
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by joyandfaith: 11:42am On Mar 12, 2022
rottennaija:

Exactly
Like the jihads? The Holy War of displacement of natives people from their homeland becomes the Jewish god says so?

Jihads are human-made wars. God,s war against wicked ones would be fought by angels. An angel killed 185,000 assyrian army. God does not need humans to fight for him. Angels will do the job.
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by rottennaija(m): 11:45am On Mar 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

Jihads are human-made wars. God,s war against wicked ones would be fought by angels [and Tony Morris and Friends] . An angel killed 185,000 assyrian army. God does not need humans to fight for him. Angels will do the job.

You forgot to add the bolded parts. Anyway, I have done it for you and Good luck with winning.
Re: Many Ukrainian Cities Fall To Russian Troops, Melitopol Mayor Arrested by joyandfaith: 11:50am On Mar 12, 2022
rottennaija:

You forgot to add the bolded parts. Anyway, I have done it for you and Good luck with winning.

God does not need humans to fight for him. Angels will do the job. Jesus would lead angels in heaven to fight all enemies of God including you. In day of Noah, God used flood to destroy wicked people. In the last day, invincible angels would do the job. Not by mortal humans.

(1) (2) (Reply)

North Korea Reportedly Jails A 2-year-old Child After His Parents Were Caught Wi / Libyan Rebels Similar To American KKK In Their Hatred Of Blacks / Newborn Baby Found Trapped In Sewer Pipe In China Apartment Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.