Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 (20056 Views)

Obasanjo Denies Writing UK To Back Off Nigeria’s 2023 Election / 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Denies Endorsing Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Puremaker8: 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:
What is going on in this country?

The phcn people are arbitrarily increasing tarrif every month.

500 units for 20k in January

Decreased to 450 units for same 20k in February

Now in this month of March that has barely begun it further decreased to 300 units for same 20k. In all these the salaries, income and wages remain the same! shocked undecided

Is like nobody is monitoring these guys.
people don't care even if they can get 50 units for the same 20k, Nigerians and suffering are currently in covenant.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Chipink(f): 7:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

E pain am reach her soul��
ngwa hold something make you no die of chest pain�
Onye nwuru anwu na gha ije ��

Dirty street bleaching yoruba yahoo boy grin
Didnt know this phrse can be powerful to unleash pains cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
kettykings:
It seems the only thing uniting Nigeria is the common alliance against igbo interest, let's see how this goes, thank God I never believed or supported igbo presidency
Biafra is the only option for Ndigbo. The hate is too too much.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Ogbuide17(m): 7:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
Lipscomb:
grin very desperate people power is not given it's taken. If you don't know how take it forget it.

Those who took part in the January 1966 coup, came out boldly to say that their plan was to release Chief Awolowo from prison and make him prime minister.
The Eastern region government under Chief Michael Okpara pleaded with an Igbo house owner who lived across Uyo prison to vacate the house for Awo. Every night, Chief Awolowo would sleep there only to go back to jail next door in the morning.

Mrs Hannah Awolowo was placed on ministerial salary by the NCNC government and Chief Awolowo had domestic staff whose wages came from Enugu.

There was soft spot for Awo especially after he lost his first son, Segun, in a car crash on July 10, 1963. He heard the news on radio while serving at Broad Street Lagos Prison

However the Yoruba's paid Ndigbo back,rather than debunk the notion Igbo coup of 1966 they benefited from the lies; and propaganda's ;that resulted to the riots; that killed Igbos up north.

We agreed and Voted for Abiola= (We are not anti Yoruba)

We are the founding fathers of PDP (Alex Ekwueme) We agreed to bring Obasanjo ;out of prison ,gave him the PDP ticket; and campaigned for him.
We voted for Obasanjo (we voted for him to appease the Yoruba's on Abiola's demise. =We are not anti Yoruba.
.In 1998, Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo was released from gaol by the Minna Mafia. The idea was to pacify the South-West following the death in custody of Chief Moshood Abiola. That was how Obasnjo became civilian President.

We are not anti North .
We agreed that the two major political parties we formed PDP (Alex Ekwueme ) and APC by Ogbonaya Onu will rotate the presidency to the North.
We voted for Yaradua;

We are not anti our blood relatives -the Niger Deltans our brothers of arms; the Biafrans.
We voted massively for Jonathan .

The only person we are anti is Buhari ;because we loved President Shagari ; coup plotter Buhari have done so many things to Ndigbo and Nigerians in the past that make Ndigbo not to trust him.
For example;“Between 1983 and 1985, Peter Onu of Nigeria was Acting Secretary-General of the OAU. At the 1985 Summit in Addis Ababa, statesmen like Julius Nyerere, President of Tanzania, lobbied for his election as substantive Secretary-General. However, there was a major stumbling block to Peter Onu’s candidature: his Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, was campaigning against him. Buhari claimed: “This generation of Nigerians and indeed future generations have no other country than Nigeria.” But when the crunch came, his allegiance to Nigeria disappeared. In the election of the OAU Secretary-General in 1985, Buhari voted against Nigeria and for Niger instead. He secured the election of Ide Oumarou, a Fulani man from Niger; as opposed to an Igbo man from Nigeria. By so doing, Buhari became the first and only Head of State in the history of modern international relations to vote against his country in favour of his tribe”..
Furthermore he brought Okadigbo; as his VP to appease Ndigbo ;we still rejected him.

We are not anti North.
We agreed that it was the Northerners turn in 2015.
Once again our two major political parties (PDP Atiku)
and APC Buhari ) all northerners respectively were selected.
We voted for Atiku ;we are not anti north but anti Buhari and Nigerians can see that we Ndi-Igbo was right about him; the evidence is everywhere; with over 1.2 million Nigerians living in IDP camps .

Ndigbo are democratic in nature;we have shown our commitment; when it matters to the general interest not NDIGBO interest.

I thought that (he that pays the piper determine its tune) cool

Igbos in charge of Nigeria’s economy’ – Buhari
“There is no town you will visit in Nigeria without seeing the Igbos being in charge of economic activities.”

(Majority of remittance Southerners ;and majority Ndigbo)
remittances into Nigeria equal to 84 per cent of the country’s budget .
diaspora remittances exceeded gross oil revenue into the country, thereby emphasising the need to pay more attention to such inflow.
: “Anyí Aga Ato na Mmehie? – Envisioning New Paradigm for Investment n’Ala Igbo,” obtained at the weekend. Anyí Aga Ato na Mmehie is the Igbo translation of ‘Shall We Continue in Sin?’

The Afrinvest boss pointed out that the Remittance of Nigerians in the United States of $7.2 billion was more than the entire $6.7 billion earmarked for capital expenditure .

Conclusion.
2023: Why we’re rooting for Igbo President –Ayo Adebanjo.

You have been clamouring recently for a president of Igbo extraction in 2023. What gave rise to this?

It is fairness, justice and equity. We have been doing rotation, it is only South-East that has not produced the president. How can the rest of the country be ganging up against them? We are not saying the truth. It is their right to produce the president, any other argument is selfish and such people are not serious about Nigeria.

Why are you not supporting Yoruba, since everybody seems to be supporting his or her own?

I was taught politics of fairness, justice and equity. Have the Yoruba not produced the president and the vice president? Have the South-East got it? If you were in the shoes of the Igbo and the presidency is coming to the South and it is going back to the Yoruba, is that fairness and how would you feel? We are just busy deceiving ourselves to find one lame argument or the other. I love Nigeria to be one. Anything short of that; you are pushing the South-East out of Nigeria. If Buhari is sincere, let him step down the constitution and get another one before the election, unless we want to continue to deceive ourselves.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by marsman: 7:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
BabaIbo:

Story, you are pointing fingers as if your people are any better.

Those ones that will tell "walai, mo fi olohun oba se eleri" and still be telling lies.
There is this other word(muslim word) they use but I can't remember right now.

They are better than your people abeg.
So it is only the Yorubas that swear and tell lies out of the 150 billion population we have on this earth. It is only the Yorubas that lie, this must be a special kind of stupidity. Swear that you have never lied before!!!

When they use your name to lie to your loved ones, or falsely accuse you of what you did not do like they just did OBJ, hug them, shake them, i dont care. I sha don talk my own, if you don't have strong heart and have a single digit Iq like this Op, do not try to get in any relationship with the igbos
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Basiliun: 7:11pm On Mar 12, 2022
I am an igbo man, but, i must tell you vividly, even if an igbo man would be asked to became a president of Nigeria without voting, i would neither rejoice nor celebrate over it, ask me why?
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by saintrow1: 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2022
Baba obasanjo is always for the north
The most useless man to ever come out of yorubaland
As a Yoruba man, I dislike this useless baba
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Ogbuide17(m): 7:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
Basiliun:
I am an igbo man, but, i must tell you vividly, even if an igbo man would be asked to became a president of Nigeria without voting, i would neither rejoice nor celebrate over it, ask me why?

Im with you;but I want to know why?
I have my own reason.
That fraudulent 1999 constitution.
Even 12 angel Gabrielle as president without changing that fraud ;Nigeria will remain the same or worst.

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by niggadee(m): 7:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
It seems Igbo are no more interested in biafra because of 2023 election

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Murphyenemuwe: 7:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
You must surely find a way to slide in the name tinubu. Your father who has white set of teeths where has it taken him too
gistmega:
When an old man acts like a child, he get treated as one.
All these old men are still very capable of pissing in their agbada and go for weeks without brushing their teeth only. Someone who cannot stay awake for 4 hours security briefing cannot rule Nigeria.

Buhari, out of his deeply sooted heart deprived the entire country of progress because he hates Igbos. Get this, the Igbos have the resources to power the entire Nigeria for almost two thousand years without power disruption. The two biggest economies in the world still run on coal while the 44th biggest global coal reserve, Nigeria remains in darkness because a man from the North feels hatred for the Igbos.

The coal industry located in Enugu state is shut down, completely non-functional. Our reserve is simply wasting in the earth while we are dying of hunger and poverty. The coal industry was built by the British and it provided for millions of homes. But the Northerners have eyes only for the oil. They have seized all the oil wells and shared them giving some to the westerners. The southerners are left to die. They are called barbaric for fighting for their sustenance, a gift bestowed on them by God. They have neither access to the oil or its sells. They give them peanuts and create enormous land, water and air pollution and land degradation. Houses are flooding and sinking. Their sons cannot even get good job position in these oil companies. If they agitate, they are killed and hushed.

The Abeokuta steel is a treasure in the west. Buhari and worse of all, Osinbajo had only one job in the west, the Abeokuta steel. hat industry would have fed the entire western Africa and killed the production cost for China's imports. Sadly, Buhari and his teams failed.

I have been to many countries and I have never seen a grocer that sells Nigerian beef. Unmatched countries like Sudan, Kenya trade their cow to many countries. Aboki still roam around villages in Nigeria with cows. Where is the brain of the North? Without Politics, Kwankwaso and even Dangote will not be able to sell their goods beyond Chad. The power behind their success is Politics not wits. With all the loots and advantage, the only Nigerians representing Nigerians are from the west, south and east. There is a huge factor still limiting the minds of the Northerners from progress.

Some Muslims get into distracting any Ukraine sympathizers and protesting for Gaza. Palestinians do not know of a country called Nigeria and they don't give a flying hoot about you. They sympathizers of Gaza are the very ones calling for the Niger-Deltans to be killed by bullets and bombs. The very sympathizers of Gaza are the same ones calling for the Biafrans to be killed by bullets and guns. They are accusing you of not sympathizing with Gaza against Israel, while they did not sympathize with Biafrans; they did not sympathize with Niger-Deltans.

Very selfish and evil sets of vile monsters carry a placard of sanctimony and marching on the graves of their

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by niggadee(m): 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
saintrow1:
Baba obasanjo is always for the north
The most useless man to ever come out of yorubaland
As a Yoruba man, I dislike this useless baba
ori e ko pe rara
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by adekolaelect(m): 7:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
gistmega:
All these old men are still very capable of pissing in their agbada and go for weeks without brushing their teeth only. Someone who cannot stay awake for 4 hours security briefing cannot rule Nigeria.

Buhari, out of his deeply sooted heart deprived the entire country of progress because he hates Igbos. Get this, the Igbos have the resources to power the entire Nigeria for almost two thousand years without power disruption. The two biggest economies in the world still run on coal while the 44th biggest global coal reserve, Nigeria remains in darkness because a man from the North feels hatred for the Igbos.

The coal industry located in Enugu state is shut down, completely non-functional. Our reserve is simply wasting in the earth while we are dying of hunger and poverty. The coal industry was built by the British and it provided for millions of homes. But the Northerners have eyes only for the oil. They have seized all the oil wells and shared them giving some to the westerners. The southerners are left to die. They are called barbaric for fighting for their sustenance, a gift bestowed on them by God. They have neither access to the oil or its sells. They give them peanuts and create enormous land, water and air pollution and land degradation. Houses are flooding and sinking. Their sons cannot even get good job position in these oil companies. If they agitate, they are killed and hushed.

The Abeokuta steel is a treasure in the west. Buhari and worse of all, Osinbajo had only one job in the west, the Abeokuta steel. hat industry would have fed the entire western Africa and killed the production cost for China's imports. Sadly, Buhari and his teams failed.

I have been to many countries and I have never seen a grocer that sells Nigerian beef. Unmatched countries like Sudan, Kenya trade their cow to many countries. Aboki still roam around villages in Nigeria with cows. Where is the brain of the North? Without Politics, Kwankwaso and even Dangote will not be able to sell their goods beyond Chad. The power behind their success is Politics not wits. With all the loots and advantage, the only Nigerians representing Nigerians are from the west, south and east. There is a huge factor still limiting the minds of the Northerners from progress.

Some Muslims get into distracting any Ukraine sympathizers and protesting for Gaza. Palestinians do not know of a country called Nigeria and they don't give a flying hoot about you. They sympathizers of Gaza are the very ones calling for the Niger-Deltans to be killed by bullets and bombs. The very sympathizers of Gaza are the same ones calling for the Biafrans to be killed by bullets and guns. They are accusing you of not sympathizing with Gaza against Israel, while they did not sympathize with Biafrans; they did not sympathize with Niger-Deltans.

Very selfish and evil sets of vile monsters carry a placard of sanctimony and marching on the graves of their
All this theories is too much !!!!! Calm down .I hope you wrote these too when the fake news of Obasanjo endorsing Igbo presidency came out . calm down Emotional and mere wishes can not give you( Igbos) any presidency but you have to work for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by aribisala0(m): 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
gistmega:

Is it fair that Fulani are excluded from Akube and spare parts business?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by guychidile: 7:52pm On Mar 12, 2022
It's SE to produce president come 2023.,gba gam!
Principle of equality
We move .
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by onuman: 7:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
Dsalvo:

Why dont you first go and seek equity first from PDP and your Fulani slavemaster acting as if you do not even exist in the Party?

It is Yorubas you're always seeking to blackmail. Never Fulanis who will dismiss you casually with a wave of their hand. Yeye dey smell.

In your own words, APC is a tribal party.

Obasanjo became president through PDP formed by Igbo Alex Ekwueme.
Una no get sense by asking for zoning to enable the South to produce a successor to President Buhari, but deny zoning for the southern regions. Because of your senseless political stance without equity, Fulani will dribble the south in 2023 and produce a successor to President Buhari.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
kettykings:

If ipob or Nnamdi kanu insults you and you are blaming the entire igbo race then it is your head ache and not anybody's headache.

Oh yeah! Especially as I always see you yeebos come out en masse to condemn them when they show their asses in public. You guys probably think everyone is stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by richie240: 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
Gbam!
....and all d 36 state governors sef, plus all d 774 local govt chairmen join!
cool
Waterlilly:
Nigeria's next president and vice should be an igbo man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Hakoka: 8:11pm On Mar 12, 2022
Go die OBJ
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by gistmega: 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
aribisala0:

Is it fair that Fulani are excluded from Akube and spare parts business?
I do not think that it is. Anyone doing this must be condemned. Call the person out and we can expose and shame them together.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by gistmega: 8:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
Calm down calm down calm down... I am not Igbo to begin with. I am a student of Nigerian history. You are referring to the wrong person. I, personally do not think an Igbo man can do a better job as a president. I am not agitating for any tribe, I just need a young and civilized Nigerian who has the leadership criteria to lead the country.
I don't care if he is from the north pole.
adekolaelect:
All this theories is too much !!!!! Calm down .I hope you wrote these too when the fake news of Obasanjo endorsing Igbo presidency came out . calm down Emotional and mere wishes can not give you( Igbos) any presidency but you have to work for it.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by kettykings: 8:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Oh yeah! Especially as I always see you yeebos come out en masse to condemn them when they show their asses in public. You guys probably think everyone is stupid.

Like I said previously, if you choose ignorance then it is your headache , ebubeagu was formed to purely check ipob by a set of Igbos against ipob .if every notherner had come out to condemn Fulani bandits will they still exist , if every Yoruba come out to condemn ritualism will they still exist. , What ever you choose to believe is your headache and not everyone's headache

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by aribisala0(m): 8:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
gistmega:
I do not think that it is. Anyone doing this must be condemned. Call the person out and we can expose and shame them together.
So why don't Eboes allow Fulani to partake in Akube business?
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by 77up(m): 9:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
morikee:
That guy FreeStuffsNG is nuisance to progressive people on Nairaland shove your BAT Agenda up your a**
Ma nigga dey pepper you right? Tinubu is coming kiss

BAT 2023

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by 77up(m): 9:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
They will commence attack on Obasanjo as they were doing to Tinubu in 3 2 1.....

Thank God , their wishful thinking does not count, outrightly useless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Thomist(m): 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
Yoruba1stson:
Where are those brainde*d ipob bingos, this thing go shock those inconsequential 5% from shithole beerfraud land wella
On Tinubu's mandate i stand

Another agbero from the lazy skull mining region.

There's only one thing Afonja were known for, and that is their talker active nature. They can talk from sun set to sun down and do nothing. Lazy agogoro drinking cowards.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Bigpapi: 10:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
kirajustice:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Ex-president, Olusegun Obasanjo has denied backing an igbo presidency in 2023, POLITICS NIGERIA has learned.

Obasanjo on Saturday refuted reports that he supported the clamour for Igbo presidency.

It can be recalled that the former leader while receiving a 2023 presidential aspirant, Mao Ohuabunwa, last week, reportedly stated that he would like to see a South-Easterner become President as they have a lot to contribute to the country.

However, in a swift response through his Media Aide, Kehinde Akinyemi, OBJ denied ever making such a comment.

He criticised Ohuabunwa and accused him of being behind the report. "If that was the way the presidential aspirant wanted to approach his ambition; such was a wrong way."

"He came here and the former President received him as a gentleman and in the spirit of his 85th birthday celebrations only for him to go and put words into his mouth. Baba is not that sort of man and if that is the way he wants to fulfil his ambition that is a wrong way."

Barely 11 months to the 2023 general elections, there is a central thread of discourse in the nation on the possibility of a president of Igbo extraction. Proponents of the quest for a Nigerian leader from the Igbo dominated South east axis premise it on six standpoints: Tripod nature of the nation, equity, justice, unity, peace and fair play.

Some of the contenders for the presidency from the South-East are Anyim Pius Anyim and Dave Umahi (Ebonyi State), Kingsley Moghalu (Anambra State), Orji Uzor Kalu and Sam Ohuabunwa (Abia State), Rochas Okorocha (Imo State), Chris Baywood of Baywood Foundation (Enugu) and others expected to make their intention known in the coming days.

While Kalu, Umahi and Okorocha are members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), the likes of Anyim and Ohuabunwa are in the main opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-i-did-not-endorse-igbo-presidency-in-2023-obasanjo-fires-ohuabunwa/

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by IgboWarlord(m): 11:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
Even Mao Ohuabunwa wan contest for Presidency?
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Perfectbeing(m): 12:02am On Mar 13, 2022
gistmega:

Wait a minute.. Buhari shut down the coal industry cos he hate Igbos? Did Jonathan, Yar Adua and Obasanjo also hate the Igbos that they didn't open it? Guy,are you cursed?
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by don89(m): 9:23am On Mar 13, 2022
I am not an igboman but you see eh,
it's only an igbo man that can make Nigeria great, you see igbos eh, they can develop anywhere with empty hands, at least we will be sure of steady power supply, the betterment of this country lies in the hands of the igbos. But our wicked politicians from other tribes doesn't want an igbo president that will outdo them .
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Williamhill001: 10:08am On Mar 13, 2022
And Nigerians will keep suffering under bad governance and poor leadership untill y’all start responding to the Igbo interests.
kettykings:
It seems the only thing uniting Nigeria is the common alliance against igbo interest, let's see how this goes, thank God I never believed or supported igbo presidency

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Won’t Tolerate Another IPOB In Yorubaland — Akeredolu / Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested / Still On The Lagos-Calabar Rail Line Controversy - Excerpt From Thisdaylive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.