Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 (20063 Views)

Obasanjo Denies Writing UK To Back Off Nigeria’s 2023 Election / 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo Denies Endorsing Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Maximeo(m): 12:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
IgboWarlord:
Even Mao Ohuabunwa wan contest for Presidency?

What is wrong in him contesting? Who among the past, present and those currently contesting for it are better qualified than him?
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Maximeo(m): 12:27pm On Mar 13, 2022
kirajustice:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Ex-president, Olusegun Obasanjo has denied backing an igbo presidency in 2023, POLITICS NIGERIA has learned.

Obasanjo on Saturday refuted reports that he supported the clamour for Igbo presidency.

It can be recalled that the former leader while receiving a 2023 presidential aspirant, Mao Ohuabunwa, last week, reportedly stated that he would like to see a South-Easterner become President as they have a lot to contribute to the country.

However, in a swift response through his Media Aide, Kehinde Akinyemi, OBJ denied ever making such a comment.

He criticised Ohuabunwa and accused him of being behind the report. "If that was the way the presidential aspirant wanted to approach his ambition; such was a wrong way."

"He came here and the former President received him as a gentleman and in the spirit of his 85th birthday celebrations only for him to go and put words into his mouth. Baba is not that sort of man and if that is the way he wants to fulfil his ambition that is a wrong way."

Barely 11 months to the 2023 general elections, there is a central thread of discourse in the nation on the possibility of a president of Igbo extraction. Proponents of the quest for a Nigerian leader from the Igbo dominated South east axis premise it on six standpoints: Tripod nature of the nation, equity, justice, unity, peace and fair play.

Some of the contenders for the presidency from the South-East are Anyim Pius Anyim and Dave Umahi (Ebonyi State), Kingsley Moghalu (Anambra State), Orji Uzor Kalu and Sam Ohuabunwa (Abia State), Rochas Okorocha (Imo State), Chris Baywood of Baywood Foundation (Enugu) and others expected to make their intention known in the coming days.

While Kalu, Umahi and Okorocha are members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), the likes of Anyim and Ohuabunwa are in the main opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-i-did-not-endorse-igbo-presidency-in-2023-obasanjo-fires-ohuabunwa/

How is this news? OBJ endorsed Atiku and he lost!
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by madix(m): 12:34pm On Mar 13, 2022
But his aid did not tell us what OBJ really said or how he was misquoted.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by IgboWarlord(m): 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maximeo:

What is wrong in him contesting? Who among the past, present and those currently contesting for it are better qualified than him?

Arochukwu man spotted...
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by FreeStuffsNG: 2:46pm On Mar 13, 2022
oluwaahmed:

He is the same person as mannabbq, & NLpolicewoman & .....patriot. the fool spends his life on nairaland for thìèfnubu. The biggest mistake APC will make is to give thìèfnubu their candidacy. In fact if they do that just know that they want another hausa to be in the seat again.

Cc Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by gistmega: 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2022
I crave for diversity. I would love to see Fulani people do all sorts of business. I love them. I have lived around them. My attack is on the leaders and not the people. I love and had several of their attires growing up. I love Fura de noonoo. I do not think that any Fulani should be denied any thing in this country. I have always admired their culture. If anyone denies the Fulani any trade, it must be their leader because Nigeria has a free trade system. Our gateman used to have a shop by the gate and brought his Fulani brother. He sold all sort of things and no one denied him anything. I do not thing anyone should or can deny the Fulanis any trade in Nigeria.
If there exists anything like that, please open a thread and add references. I will like to have the person/people exposed and disgraced. Fulanis are Nigerians and must be free to every entitlement as others. Please, do not stop putting a spotlight on the issue if it exists. I will never hush you. I will support you if it is true.
To be honest, I was going to comment about the tribal segregation in the east. If you can follow me now, you can read some of my writeups and also comment on it. I am not for any tribe in Nigeria. I am totally neutral. I do not believe in tribalism. I am a pan-African.
aribisala0:
So why don't Eboes allow Fulani to partake in Akube business?
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by JohnsonObieshi: 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
What is the noise all about? Did Igbo beg Obasanjo to support Igbo presidecy. Was he not the one that was jail by Abacha. Where was his piwer then?
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by aribisala0(m): 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
gistmega:
I crave for diversity. I would love to see Fulani people do all sorts of business. I love them. I have lived around them. My attack is on the leaders and not the people. I love and had several of their attires growing up. I love Fura de noonoo. I do not think that any Fulani should be denied any thing in this country. I have always admired their culture. If anyone denies the Fulani any trade, it must be their leader because Nigeria has a free trade system. Our gateman used to have a shop by the gate and brought his Fulani brother. He sold all sort of things and no one denied him anything. I do not thing anyone should or can deny the Fulanis any trade in Nigeria.
If there exists anything like that, please open a thread and add references. I will like to have the person/people exposed and disgraced. Fulanis are Nigerians and must be free to every entitlement as others. Please, do not stop putting a spotlight on the issue if it exists. I will never hush you. I will support you if it is true.
To be honest, I was going to comment about the tribal segregation in the east. If you can follow me now, you can read some of my writeups and also comment on it. I am not for any tribe in Nigeria. I am totally neutral. I do not believe in tribalism. I am a pan-African.
The Ibos have been very vocal against quota system. It seems hypocritical to demand quota system in politics and advocate competition in education and trading.
Ibos MUST take responsibility for their apparent lack of success in politics and strategize. Just as it is ridiculous for anyone to issue threats saying Ibos must hand over areas in trade where they are strong or dominant so also in politics
If Ibos believe they are being hated on they need to look in the mirror

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Maximeo(m): 3:54pm On Mar 13, 2022
IgboWarlord:

Arochukwu man spotted...

Yes, I'm a proud Aro man. However, I don't apply sentiments when it comes to elections. Tribal politics have been our undoing for decades in Nigeria. If we're objective only non-corrupt, young, healthy and intelligent aspirant should be voted in, otherwise the suffering continues.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 5:55pm On Mar 13, 2022
flokii:

You can't be insulting people for exercising their rights to vote and expect love and support in return. It's normal psychology.

Tinubu didn't sell Yorubas to any Fulani.. who born Fulani? who be Fulani??
Don't mistake politicians playing politics with emotions. Once PMB completes his tenure, all the herdsmen will flee and that is why a Southerner must take over.

Igbos are not electable presently with the level of hate they displayed towards other tribes over GEJ's defeat.

On what grounds are you standing to say that IGBOS ARE NOT ELECTABLE in a country they belong to

Where in the Constitution of Nigeria is your claim written that Igbos are not electable

With this your conc. Hatred on Igbos, can you ever vote for an Igbo man in all your entire life or even your children's children??

Repent and face the truth........
Tinubu sold his tribe to achieve his selfish ambition.....
Hope you are enjoying the state of the country today?

You can Elect your tribe and the worse will continue to face Nigeria .....lols
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by IgboWarlord(m): 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maximeo:

Yes, I'm a proud Aro man. However, I don't apply sentiments when it comes to elections. Tribal politics have been our undoing for decades in Nigeria. If we're objective only non-corrupt, young, healthy and intelligent aspirant should be voted in, otherwise the suffering continues.

And Mao is non-corrupt, young, healthy and intelligent,i guess?
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by gistmega: 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2022
Bro, I suppose you are from the north. Can I ask you a question?

The southerners have oil and the country rigs it and benefits from it. Would you agree for Nigeria to commence coal mining so that the entire country would benefit from steady power supply?

aribisala0:
The Ibos have been very vocal against quota system. It seems hypocritical to demand quota system in politics and advocate competition in education and trading.
Ibos MUST take responsibility for their apparent lack of success in politics and strategize. Just as it is ridiculous for anyone to issue threats saying Ibos must hand over areas in trade where they are strong or dominant so also in politics
If Ibos believe they are being hated on they need to look in the mirror
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Maximeo(m): 10:23am On Mar 14, 2022
IgboWarlord:

And Mao is non-corrupt, young, healthy and intelligent,i guess?

Why are you going off the topic?

This discussion is about Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa; though related to Mao he's a completely different personality.

Mao is a typical Nigerian politician as such I wouldn't vote for him.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by IgboWarlord(m): 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
Maximeo:

Why are you going off the topic?

This discussion is about Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa; though related to Mao he's a completely different personality.

Mao is a typical Nigerian politician as such I wouldn't vote for him.

Sorry my mistake
Re: Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 by NLPoliceWoman: 6:07am On Mar 17, 2022
RTR

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Dangers Of Tinubu’s Wealth Without Enterprise - Reno Omokri / We Won’t Tolerate Another IPOB In Yorubaland — Akeredolu / Okey Wali Kidnapped. NBA Appeals For His Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.