Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,288 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Benue 2023: God Hasn’t Revealed My Successor To Me--Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue 2023: God Hasn’t Revealed My Successor To Me--Ortom (297 Views)

2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors / APC Is The One Owing You Salaries, Not Me – Ortom Tells Civil Servants / All My Appointees Have Abandoned Me – Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue 2023: God Hasn’t Revealed My Successor To Me--Ortom by Loveurneighbour: 6:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
By Peter Duru, Makurdi

Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state weekend said God has not revealed his successor to him assuring that he has no preferred candidate in the coming general elections and has also not anointed anyone as his successor.

The Governor made this known while addressing members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, who converged at the instance of a House of Representatives aspirant for Gboko-Tarka, Constituency, Kelvin Vihishima at Yandev, Gboko Local Government Area, LGA, of the state.

He said, “though God has not revealed to me who will succeed me as Governor, I believe that with due consultations with major stakeholders, a strong hearted person who will preserve and protect the land will be chosen.”

The Governor urged members of the PDP in the state to remain unwavering and work for the success of the party in the forthcoming general elections.

He maintained that the people of Gboko have no reason to fraternize with any political party apart from the PDP, stressing that with their son, Dr. Iyorchia Ayu as leader of the party in the country, they should support him to succeed.

The Governor also expressed optimism that the PDP would take over power at the federal level in 2023 and get the country working again thereby improve the livelihood of Nigerians.

He urged aspirants on the platform of the PDP in the state and in Gboko-Tarka in particular to go about their consultations peacefully, bearing in mind too that only God anoints leaders.
On his aspiration to contest the Benue North West senatorial seat, Governor Ortom informed the gathering that he would soon visit Gboko to consult and solicit their support.

Re: Benue 2023: God Hasn’t Revealed My Successor To Me--Ortom by helinues: 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
But has revealed your own senatorial position to you right?

Benue people, I hail thee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue 2023: God Hasn’t Revealed My Successor To Me--Ortom by Totilopussylick(m): 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
helinues:

They said no uncle in the jungle tongue

Let the successor revealed himself to him undecided.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue 2023: God Hasn’t Revealed My Successor To Me--Ortom by helinues: 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Lies, uncle big foot dey inside the Jungle
Re: Benue 2023: God Hasn’t Revealed My Successor To Me--Ortom by yyba: 6:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
But god reveal to you not to provide good governance as governor abi ?
Re: Benue 2023: God Hasn’t Revealed My Successor To Me--Ortom by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
Governor cum Prophet. Lol

1 Like

Re: Benue 2023: God Hasn’t Revealed My Successor To Me--Ortom by Flexherbal(m): 7:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
Okay
Re: Benue 2023: God Hasn’t Revealed My Successor To Me--Ortom by Loveurneighbour: 7:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
helinues:

Re: Benue 2023: God Hasn’t Revealed My Successor To Me--Ortom by Loveurneighbour: 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Totilopussylick:

���
Re: Benue 2023: God Hasn’t Revealed My Successor To Me--Ortom by batsynergy: 7:15am On Mar 13, 2022
These people

(1) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-olu Applauds Dr Jayne Onwumere / 2023 Presidency:it's Unfair For North To Retain Power After Buhari's Tenure-acr / ‘I Will Leave Nigeria If By Chance Tinubu Gets To Aso Villa’, Says Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.