Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,374 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? (9493 Views)

Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide / Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 / Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by SayoMarvel(m): 12:52pm On Jul 06, 2011
A soldier that can use a pistol, an AK-47 (soldier's delight) and a rocket launcher is definitely better than another who can only use a pistol.

Please note: AK-47 is just another codename that became more popular than the official name (Avtomat Kalashnikova)
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by candylips(m): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2011
thats right.
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 07, 2011
logica:

[b]Quite ignorant. [/b]Code names are part and parcel of software development. You will hardly have a version release of a popular software without it having an associated code name usually used for the software pre-release and sometimes much afterwards:

Windows - XP (version 5), Vista (version 6). Well, I don't know of a code name for the simply named Windows 7.

Linux Fedora - Cambridge (version 10), Leonidas (version 11), Constantine (version 12), Goddard (version 13), Laughlin (version 14), etc.

For Eclipse of course anybody with a fair knowledge of astronomy will quickly catch on to what the naming convention is about.

@Candylips
Why not vi editor eh? If we wanna go so retro? cheesy

ur views anyway.
when u trying to install something, u see it say galileo, or helios or indigo on the splashscreen, to me thats noise
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by SayoMarvel(m): 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2011
sledjama:

your views anyway.
when u trying to install something, u see it say galileo, or helios or indigo on the splashscreen, to me thats noise

Wao. If you don't like noise, that means you definitely don't like Donald Trump (urrgh, no hard feelings Donald)
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by logica(m): 9:00pm On Jul 07, 2011
sledjama:

your views anyway.
. . . but you don't hear noise when you start your computer and on the splash screen you see Windows XP or Windows Vista? You never know wetin dey worry u. cheesy
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by Bossman(m): 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2011
I have heard good things about netbeans. As already mentioned, another IDE that will be just as good, if not better, and certainly much more popular, is eclipse.
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 09, 2011
logica:

. . . but you don't hear noise when you start your computer and on the splash screen you see Windows XP or Windows Vista? You never know wetin dey worry u. cheesy
cos u are behind d internet does not mean u have to say what u cant say face to face to even your employee at work, to me.
about d topic, it's ur view, loads of softwares out there performs better, are backwards compatible with no noise.
eclipse like FF, plugins from a version rarely works with another version. u just have to wait or tweak this and that to get it working

Not really so with Netbean. FYI, many are interested in whats doable with an app, not really what the app says about itself.
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by logica(m): 2:26pm On Jul 09, 2011
sledjama:

cos u are behind d internet does not mean u have to say what u cant say face to face to even your employee at work, to me.
Dude, I will even say worse to you were you in front of me. I have no patience for ignorance.

sledjama:

eclipse like FF, plugins from a version rarely works with another version. u just have to wait or tweak this and that to get it working
You see what I'm saying? Ignorant talk. You see, there is something called a release version: there is minor release and major release. A minor release does not change the functionality of the software components and it's mostly fixes therefore dependencies and APIs (through which plugins communicate with the software) remain the same. Major release versions are EXPECTED to break dependencies and APIs as the functionality of the software under the hood has changed. If you have any software release and none of the plugins break as a result of an upgrade, you can be sure it was not a major release.

These things are standard, and are things I expect a programmer to be aware of no matter how small his experience is.
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by logica(m): 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2011
You know this thread made me dig into Eclipse's history a bit. I had earlier said that WSAD was based on Eclipse but it seems it might be the other way round or at best they are siblings. Eclipse came from the code-base of VisualAge (wonderful tool). I remember using VisualAge briefly before moving on to its successor - WSAD. But the look-and-feel of Eclipse is closer to WSAD than the VisualAge version I used back in the day. Essentially, Eclipse is from IBM.
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by candylips(m): 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2011
VisualAge for Java i remember that
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2011
logica:

Dude, I will even say worse to you were you in front of me. I have no patience for ignorance.
You see what I'm saying? Ignorant talk. You see, there is something called a release version: there is minor release and major release. A minor release does not change the functionality of the software components and it's mostly fixes therefore dependencies and APIs (through which plugins communicate with the software) remain the same. Major release versions are EXPECTED to break dependencies and APIs as the functionality of the software under the hood has changed. If you have any software release and none of the plugins break as a result of an upgrade, you can be sure it was not a major release.

These things are standard, and are things I expect a programmer to be aware of no matter how small his experience is.

u have proven beyond doubt that you are not worth my time. i know how much u wish u could go on and on flexing on the little u know.
funny enough i am not the best programmer out there and i dont know all, my point is straightforward, i dont like noise, like you glibber%&$#*& up there

visit the 2 sites

http://netbeans.org/ says NetBeans IDE 7.0

http://www.eclipse.org/ says (Indigo is here)

the codenaming noise made me feel there must be "something" with the IDE only to go back to my netbeans
that was what my first post was all about

next u went on lecturing from winxp to fedora from API to major releases.
good for u, all am waiting for is seeing ur name on the Eclipse Committers Emeritus list
i pray u make the list soon. Good luck
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by 0Edward0(m): 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2011
Please which is the best portable (run fromm usb) java ide?
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by logica(m): 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2011
sledjama:

the codenaming noise made me feel there must be "something" with the IDE only to go back to my netbeans
And what is the "something" you are searching for, like novices we refer to as "users" do? If you don't know what features will increase your productivity, you will of course expect to get a tool that you speak Yoruba to and it automatically writes the code for you while you sit back and sip your mug of akpeteshi. You went from talking about "noise" to Eclipse plugins issues, all which I properly addressed and now it's obvious you are the one with too much noise. You'll do well to just get very quiet.
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by logica(m): 10:21pm On Jul 09, 2011
0Edward0:

Please which is the best portable (run fromm usb) java ide?
You can just copy your Eclipse installation zip/package and inflate into the USB drive and run from the drive. Eclipse doesn't require an actual install either on Windows or Fedora. Same should apply for other O/Ses.
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by SayoMarvel(m): 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2011
I don't think the run from USB feature is something to die for because my work is basically done on my machine. Meanwhile, I think you can install your Netbeans into your external hard disk and execute it through a windows shortcut (that you maybe create in your working directory--on the hard disk). I go around with my external HDD.
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by Standing5(m): 10:31am On Dec 28, 2013
Fayimora: Another IDE that can be used to compateTo() Netbeans is eclipse. Its a very wonderful one too. Cant really say which is better because anytime I ask, its always a dilemma. But yeah Netbeans is a beast and very very handy. If only they could just add a UML pluggin so you can draw your UML's under a package or something.
There is a Netbeans version with UML in it, i think Netbeans 6.7 or there about. Though newer ones don't have it, u can install different version on single OS.
Re: Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? by kobikwelu(m): 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2014
Intellij Idea in a heartbeat

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn Python- Introduction To Programming / Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP / Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.