Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide (2405 Views)

Java(tm) Se Dev.kit 6 Update 2 And Netbeans Ide 6.8 / Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? / Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by danvery2k6(m): 10:50am On Dec 14, 2013
when i try to install netbeans ide, i get the message
"java se binaries have stopped working. please check online for a solution"
i've done that but there's no solution online. i've even downloaded and installed a fresh jre6u45 but the problem still persists. am using windows 7 ultimate on intel processor. this problem is peculiar to netbeans, all other programs install correctly. WHAT MUST I DO?
Re: Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
Its either you didn't "completely" download the software or the one u downloaded is corrupt. Did u recently format your system?
Re: Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by scofield33(m): 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
Just make sure you've download the correct program. follow this path to download the full packed netbeans http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
Re: Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by danvery2k6(m): 5:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
rutchiekens: Its either you didn't "completely" download the software or the one u downloaded is corrupt. Did u recently format your system?
yes i just did format my system. i've tried 3 different copies of netbeans.
Re: Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by danvery2k6(m): 5:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
scofield33: Just make sure you've download the correct program. follow this path to download the full packed netbeans http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
thanks bro. but the problem is, the copy that refused to install on my system did install on a friends system.
Re: Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
danvery2k6:
yes i just did format my system. i've tried 3 different copies of netbeans.

The OS u installed might not have the full installation files. Java is probably missing in your OS, to check if java is available if u r using windows go to start and type Java. Or if your system is okay, your friend's computer specs is better than yours....

Since u did not state if it installed or not, I assume it installed correctly but when u run it shows "has stopped working" notice, that only happens if your system specs are low and not powerful enough to run java.

Or

Upon installing it u don't click all the options it says u should tick before installing, and u r probably not installing in drive C (where the core java files are) do not customize the installation.
Re: Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by danvery2k6(m): 8:50am On Dec 15, 2013
rutchiekens:

The OS u installed might not have the full installation files. Java is probably missing in your OS, to check if java is available if u r using windows go to start and type Java. Or if your system is okay, your friend's computer specs is better than yours....

Since u did not state if it installed or not, I assume it installed correctly but when u run it shows "has stopped working" notice, that only happens if your system specs are low and not powerful enough to run java.

Or

Upon installing it u don't click all the options it says u should tick before installing, and u r probably not installing in drive C (where the core java files are) do not customize the installation.
sorry about not explaining earlier. the problem is when i doubleclick to install, i get the message "java binaries have stopped working". it doesn't install at all. i searched for java as you said and found java in c :/windows/system32
Re: Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 15, 2013
danvery2k6:
sorry about not explaining earlier. the problem is when i doubleclick to install, i get the message "java binaries have stopped working". it doesn't install at all. i searched for java as you said and found java in c :/windows/system32

Question 1:
Is your system 32 bits or 64 bits?
To check this right click
"computer" and press properties scroll down till you see your "systemtype" it should say
something like: 64/32 bit operating system...
Or
You can check whether your
Windows OS is 32-bit or 64-bit via "Control Panel"
⇒ System ⇒ Under the "System Type".

Ans: try downloading the correct netbeans version for your system. If your system is 32 bits u'd have to download the 32 bits version for your system and vice versa. If your system is 32 bits and you have 64 bits java installed u'll have to un-install d 64 bits java and install the 32 bits java.
Re: Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by danvery2k6(m): 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
A million thanks boss.
Am using a 32bit os, windows 7 ultimate. the jre and jdk are both 32bit. well am guessing i'll have to reinstall windows again or do some repairs to the installed copy.
Re: Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
uninstall java and restart your system. then install the latest version of Java on your system, the problem is not your OS. its the java file, your system is missing something Java requires, so uninstall Java from control panel --> programs and features -- then look for Java...
you will see all the Java installed on your system, there's
Java 2 runtime environment, SE v.1.4
Java 2 SDK, SE v1.4
Java(TM) SE dev kit 6

there are 3 other java files I did not mention, that might be there, since you are missing Java SE binaries, one of the above might not be on your system.
Re: Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by danvery2k6(m): 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
Thanks pal. I'll do that and get back to you.
Re: Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by danvery2k6(m): 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
nothing worked. even visual studio did not install. i think its a problem with the os.
Re: Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
Try Eclipse www.eclipse.org

If this is your what u're seeing:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: java.exe
Application Version: 7.0.100.18
Application Timestamp: 50b64017
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2264
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 00000040
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.11
Locale ID: 13321
Additional Information 1: 2264
Additional Information 2:
2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
Additional Information 3: 875f
Additional Information 4:

You can try:
right click on my computer
go to properties
click on advanced system settings
under performance, click settings
click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then
click Turn on DEP for all programs and services
except those I select.
click Add, browse to the executable file for the
program and add it.

OR

2. Open the Start menu.
A) Right click on Computer and click Properties.
3. Click on Advanced system settings. (In upper
left green area)
4. Click on the Continue button in the UAC
prompt.
5. Click on the Settings button under
Performance section.
6. Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.
7. Turn DEP On for Essential Windows Vista
Programs and Services Only -
NOTE: This turns on DEP for only the 32 bit
system programs and services. This is the default
setting.
A) Dot Turn on DEP for essential Windows
programs and services only.
B) Go to step 9.
8. Turn DEP On for All Programs and Services
Except for the Ones you select -
NOTE: This turns on DEP for every 32 bit program
except for the ones that you add to the list. The
listed program will have DEP turned off for it.
A) Dot Turn on DEP for all programs and services
except those I select.
B) Click Add to add the programs (32 bit) that
you do not want to use the DEP feature.
C) Navigate to the program's .exe file that you
want to add to the DEP exclusion list and select
it, and then click on Open.
9. Click on OK to apply.
10. Restart the computer to apply changes.

If neither works, I'm out of ideas.....
Just try eclipse.
Re: Help!!! Problem Installing Netbeans Ide by danvery2k6(m): 10:30am On Dec 20, 2013
thanks mate. you are a diamond. it worked

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Learn How To Build Network Cheats. / FIFA 2018 Data Analysis (AI) Update / Help! Moving Whatsapp History From Android To New iPhone Without Loosing Anythin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.