Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia (4276 Views)

Price List Of Hyundai Cars / Are Hyundai Cars Bought Without Custom Papers? / Cars: They Don't Make Them Rugged And Strong Again In Nigeria, Unlike The 1980s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by diportivo: 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2022
Kirkman:

Over sabi master. Hyundai group owns Genesis, Hyundai and Kia. Your remaining Wikipedia write up is of less concern to me. Don't come and school me about car companies, I knew about car companies when you were still in diapers or before you were even born.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Kingdemu: 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2022
Kirkman:

Over sabi master. Hyundai group owns Genesis, Hyundai and Kia. Your remaining Wikipedia write up is of less concern to me. Don't come and school me about car companies, I knew about car companies when you were still in diapers or before you were even born.
And where did he say otherwise? Oga Methuselah be calming down. That guy schooled you correctly! Genesis is the luxury division of Hyundai Motor Group. So Genesis is to Hyundai and Kia what Lexus is to Toyota.

6 Likes

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Kirkman: 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2022
Kingdemu:
And where did he say otherwise? Oga Methuselah be calming down. That guy schooled you correctly! Genesis is the luxury division of Hyundai Motor Group. So Genesis is to Hyundai and Kia what Lexus is to Toyota.
Oga intercessor I never said he was wrong about Genesis being the flagship of the Hyundai group.
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by diportivo: 5:15pm On Mar 21, 2022
Kirkman:

Oga intercessor I never said he was wrong about Genesis being the flagship of the Hyundai group.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by byteem: 11:45am On Mar 27, 2022
Kirkman:

Dude why ur blood dey hot.. u were wrong.. simple correction.. Kids these days.. so aggressive and so quick to get vulgar..

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by byteem: 11:45am On Mar 27, 2022
Kirkman:

Dude why ur blood dey hot.. u were wrong.. simple correction.. Kids these days.. so aggressive and so quick to get vulgar..
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by ping2ping: 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2022
You guys are derailing this thread. I was following this thread to learn about Hyundai cars but its degenerating to something very unnecessary.

One of the questions @Op asked is, why are Hyundai engines so expensive? I read from another thread that Hyundai sold as new in Nigeria have different engine than Toks from US. The engine of the ones sold in Nigeria as new cost much more than those imported as Toks from the US.

I really do not know how true this is. If it is actually true, how can one know the one imported from US and one bought new in Nigeria that is if you are buying Nigerian used?

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by ping2ping: 11:45pm On Mar 27, 2022
These are the two engines found in Elantra 2006-2010. No 1 as per the picture was bought as new in Nigeria while No 2 was imported as tokumbo from the US.

I understand that engine in No 2 is way cheaper than engine in No 1. Engine No 2 comes only as 2.0L while engine No 1 comes as 1.6L or 1.8L.

Result of little research i have done subject to any correction grin

7 Likes

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Kirkman: 6:26am On Mar 28, 2022
ping2ping:
These are the two engines found in Elantra 2006-2010. No 1 as per the picture was bought as new in Nigeria while No 2 was imported as tokumbo from the US.

I understand that engine in No 2 is way cheaper than engine in No 1. Engine No 2 comes only as 2.0L while engine No 1 comes as 1.6L or 1.8L.

Oga GAZZUZZ pls can you ever so kindly help us elaborate on why the different engines on the Elantra?
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Dozieson(m): 6:34am On Mar 28, 2022
ping2ping:

Good research. I think the gdi engines are very expensive
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Cokahot: 11:20am On Mar 28, 2022
If your hyundai nor be 2014 model upwards. Quick and quick,put up for sale at jiji.
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by kuss: 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2022
Cokahot:
If your hyundai nor be 2014 model upwards. Quick and quick,put up for sale at jiji.
Why
Please explain
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Dozieson(m): 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
Cokahot:

Lol
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by ASPIREX: 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
Cokahot:

Pls explain further. I have an older Hyundai.
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Edmobng: 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
2021 Hyundai Sonata...

Hyundai designs are really cool

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by lagusboyyy(m): 9:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
Edmobng:
2021 Hyundai Sonata...

Overstyled and looking toyish too much.

Go and checkout the 2021 Kia K5,its matured,yet sleek. I will pick it 10 times over its Sonata brother.

4 Likes

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Edmobng: 12:51pm On Mar 29, 2022
lagusboyyy:
Overstyled and looking toyish too much.

Go and checkout the 2021 Kia K5,its matured,yet sleek. I will pick it 10 times over its Sonata brother.
The design of the Kia K5 no doubt is much sleeker and aggressive than the 2021 Hyundai Sonata...
But talking about other models, Hyundai has an upper hand

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by lagusboyyy(m): 2:21pm On Mar 29, 2022
Edmobng:

The design of the Kia K5 no doubt is much sleeker and aggressive than the 2021 Hyundai Sonata...
But talking about other models, Hyundai has an upper hand
You are spot on about this.

I personally love the latest version of the Hyundai Accent more than Kia Rio in the subcompact section.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by chadrain: 9:43am On Mar 30, 2022
I sell Kia, Hyundai BrainBox, I also program BrainBox, iProgram Key too.

Check my signature.

fineboynl:
I noticed that before you count 30 cars on the road you would likely count more from Hyundai unlike Kia.

What are they doing correctly? Also the Nigerian used are quite cheap compared to their parts which is quite expensive.

A 2001-2005 Honda civic engine can be gotten for 100k a Nigeria use that you bought 700k. But Hyundai engine is 600k a Nigeria used car you bought like 700k.

If the parts is that expensive why are people buying it. I also understand people convert the engine instead of buying the high priced engine.
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by chadrain: 9:47am On Mar 30, 2022
Make I program new car remote for you grin

Na small money e go cost you
Edmobng:
2021 Hyundai Sonata...

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Kirkman: 10:34am On Mar 30, 2022
chadrain:
I sell Kia, Hyundai BrainBox, I also program BrainBox, iProgram Key too.

Check my signature.

How much to learn the ECU programming?
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by chadrain: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2022
Around 50- 100k

I don't teach for now tho

Kirkman:

How much to learn the ECU programming?

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Kirkman: 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
chadrain:
Around 50- 100k

I don't teach for now tho

And why is that sir?
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by diportivo: 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
ping2ping:

easy access to importation is most likely the main reason for the disparity in price

u can easily get yankee 2.0 engines....u can't easily get the Korean/ Russian 1.6l

there's also a small case for reliability.....very minute.the 2.0 has an Iron block while the 1.6 is aluminium.the mindset that the aluminium engine will need replacement more often than the iron block will automatically jerk up the price

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Kirkman: 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
diportivo:

easy access to importation is most likely the main reason for the disparity in price

u can easily get yankee 2.0 engines....u can't easily get the Korean/ Russian 1.6l

there's also a small case for reliability.....very minute.the 2.0 has an Iron block while the 1.6 is aluminium.the mindset that the aluminium engine will need replacement more often than the iron block will automatically jerk up the price

Well analyzed sir..
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Edmobng: 9:52am On Apr 03, 2022
chadrain:
Make I program new car remote for you grin

Na small money e go cost you

What if I told you I run things like that? grin

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Zonto231(m): 1:14am On Apr 05, 2022
Please where can I find a good Hyundai mechanic in Abuja,I just bought a direct Belgium Hyundai Elantra,n the engine is making a tapping sound.i don't want to give it to just any mechanic so it doesn't get abused.quote author=Kirkman post=111430583]
Oga GAZZUZZ pls can you ever so kindly help us elaborate on why the different engines on the Elantra?[/quote]
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Dozieson(m): 6:17am On Apr 05, 2022
Zonto231:
Please where can I find a good Hyundai mechanic in Abuja,I just bought a direct Belgium Hyundai Elantra,n the engine is making a tapping sound.i don't want to give it to just any mechanic so it doesn't get abused.quote author=Kirkman post=111430583]
Oga GAZZUZZ pls can you ever so kindly help us elaborate on why the different engines on the Elantra?

That engine is very expensive ooo. But kingreign is in Abuja. You can search his profile here for details
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by kingreign(m): 7:16am On Apr 05, 2022
Dozieson:

That engine is very expensive ooo. But kingreign is in Abuja. You can search his profile here for details

Thanks for the referral
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by kingreign(m): 7:17am On Apr 05, 2022
Zonto231:

Hello Zonto, if it’s okay by you, do contact me via 07034581213
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by 2kurupt(m): 9:08am On Apr 05, 2022
Dozieson:

Do you know a very good Hyundai mechanic based in Port Harcourt?
Re: Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia by Duplik8t77(m): 2:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
Good morning. I need a car for uber on weekly remittance. I can be reached on 08165650816. I stay in Surulere Lagos..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Know The First Bridge(carter Bridge) In Nigeria Was Built In 1901?(PICS) / Lagos State VIO Changed The Process Of Road Worthiness Effective From 4th Jan / 2002 Toyota Avensis Needs Conversion From Diesel To Petrol Engine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.