Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Can I Change State of Origin? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Change State of Origin? (2292 Views)

Herbert Wigwe Son Biography: Age, Family, Wife, State Of Origin. / Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. / How To Get LGA / State Of Origin Certificate For International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Change State of Origin? by Quitam: 1:14pm On Mar 13, 2022
To the lawyers/political scientists/... in the house,
I have been in a dilemma for a while on the issue of my state of origin. I was born in Lagos and raised in Kaduna. My father was born in Niger State but his family lineage is traced to Kebbi State. My mum was born in Kano State.

Ever since we were children, we were always told that we we're from Kebbi. But our relatives there have become distant as our family has grown large in Kaduna. I've been to Kebbi only twice to meet some relatives. However, I don't feel 'at-home' like when I'm in Kebbi, eventhough the elders there tell us that it is home

Right from primary school, I've been using Kebbi State as my state of origin and I currently work with it as a civil servant. Lately, I have regurgitated the thought of acquiring indigeneship from Kaduna, where I know best.

My questions are:
1. Is there any way I can officially change the state of origin or will I need to resign my government job?
2. How do I change my status in other documents like primary certificate, admission letter etc?

I look forward to your advice
@RoyalRoy please help me push this so that I get expert opinions

Re: Can I Change State of Origin? by Totilopussylick(m): 1:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
Re: Can I Change State of Origin? by frozen70(f): 1:27pm On Mar 13, 2022
Quitam:
To the lawyers/political scientists/... in the house,
I have been in a dilemma for a while on the issue of my state of origin. I was born in Lagos and raised in Kaduna. My father was born in Niger State but his family lineage is traced to Kebbi State. My mum was born in Kano State.

Ever since we were children, we were always told that we were from Kebbi. But our relatives there have become distant as our family has grown large in Kaduna. I've been to Kebbi only twice to meet some relatives. However, I don't feel 'at-home' like when I'm in Kaduna, eventhough the elders there tell us that it is home

Right from primary school, I've been using Kebbi State as my state of origin and I currently work with it as a civil servant. Lately, I have regurgitated the thought of acquiring indigeneship from Kaduna, where I know best.

My questions are:
1. Is there any way I can officially change the state of origin or will I need to resign my government job?
2. How do I change my status in other documents like primary certificate, admission letter etc?

I look forward to your advice

If you are very sure that people of kaduna will accept you and you will be entitled to any share and inheritance

Meaning that you and your future generations will become indigenes of kaduna state

What about your siblings, are they in the same page with you or you are solo on this

Are your parents still alive, if yes, how do you want them to embrace this for life

If you are sure that there is a family in kaduna that will accept you as their son

Let them process a paper of adoption for you through there state social welfare and from there you will be recognised as their son and you bear their surname

But don't denounce it later as you will be seen as a nuisance

Secondly you still have an existing family in your father state, identify with them but still settle down with your wife and children in kaduna

Thirdly, marry from kaduna and your inlaw will adopt you if you declare to them that you want to be part of their family

1 Like

Re: Can I Change State of Origin? by Quitam: 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
frozen70:

If you are very sure that people of kaduna will accept you and you will be entitled to any share and inheritance

Meaning that you and your future generations will become indigenes of kaduna state

What about your siblings, are they in the same page with you or you are solo on this

Are your parents still alive, if yes, how do you want them to embrace this for life

If you are sure that there is a family in kaduna that will accept you as their son

Let them process a paper of adoption for you through there state social welfare and from there you will be recognised as their son and you bear their surname

But don't denounce it later as you will be seen as a nuisance

Secondly you still have an existing family in your father state, identify with them but still settle down with your wife and children in kaduna

Thirdly, marry from kaduna and your inlaw will adopt you if you declare to them that you want to be part of their family

Thanks for the advice. Just curious. Can an adult be adopted legally?
Re: Can I Change State of Origin? by frozen70(f): 8:54pm On Mar 16, 2022
Quitam:

Thanks for the advice. Just curious. Can an adult be adopted legally?

The question will be which family will adopt an over grown adult
Re: Can I Change State of Origin? by DenreleDave(m): 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2022
Wetin u Wan use indigeneship of kaduna do?

What's the difference BTW the two sef
Re: Can I Change State of Origin? by Divoc19(f): 6:18am On Mar 17, 2022
I personally think as Nigerian adult, it doesn't matter where you are from as far as you are accepted where you currently are especially when it is the same region like your case.

There are other pressing issues you should worry about. This deed has been done for a long time unless you have political ambition. Even at that, like I said in Nigeria all regions are one. My own piece though
Re: Can I Change State of Origin? by GboyegaD(m): 6:25am On Mar 17, 2022
Do people care about state of origin? Except you have a political ambition and I'm sure if you have lived all your life in Kaduna then you could contest based on that.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Serious Relationship But I Have 6 Children (see Photo) / To Marry Or Not To Marry / 16-year-old Girl Delivers Baby Boy For Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.