Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,440 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy (7381 Views)

Lekki Deep Seaport To Begin Operations This Friday / Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) / Lekki Deep Seaport To Begin Commercial Activities In September (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 13, 2022

Lekki deep seaport to inject $360bn to Nigerian economy.

LAGOS- Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, Sunday, said the Nigerian economy will get a boost of about $360 bn from the Lekki deep seaport in 45 years when the project is completed.

Amaechi stated this in Lagos, Sunday, shortly after inspecting ongoing work at the project cite.

The privately funded project, Amaechi noted is expected to allow investors recoup their money after which they will handover the seaport to the federal government.

He said: “The project will contribute about $360 billion over the years. It sounds much, but we actually need more of that money to accomplish what we want to achieve.

“But obviously taxes will be collected here and even them (contractors) will pay taxes. I am not sure there was any taxes mentioned in the agreement, but I doubt there is any tax exemption.

“So, we will collect taxes here, the confidence in giving them the project is because of the taxes that we will collect here that will help us in the construction of other projects”.

Speaking on the need to expand the seaport, Amaechi said the port was not spacious enough to deal with expected rise in economic activities in the future.

“It also depends on how much the economy will grow before then. The growth of the economy will put pressure on the expansion. The argument we had in cabinet is that the need for a deep seaport at Lekki was as a result of the fact that the demand for port activities in the country has exceeded the supply of Tincan and Apapa around Lagos.

“This is the first seaport in Nigeria. What we had all these while are river ports , Tincan is a river port, Apapa is a river port and port Harcourt too. Right here, you have 16.5 metres drafts which is good for the country, but the country needs more than just one of this port because of the increase in commercial activities in the future.

“We need just more than Lagos deep seaport and for me before I leave office, I will emphasize on the construction of the Bonny deep seaport” he added.

Amaechi expressed his willingness to connect the Lekki deep seaport to a rail line, lamenting however that paucity of funds remain a challenge.

“As Minister of Transportation, I imagine a lot of things that I could have implemented. I imagined that the Lagos-Calabar rail line would start from here, that was my imagination. But the Lagos-Calabar rail project needs $11.1 billion funding”, adding that there were no such funds at the moment for the project.

“Another advice I could give is if they (contractors) want to invest, they can invest in rail and then the government will either do tax reduction or do something to help them.

“If we get the $11.1billion as it is, we would probably have to divert the rail line, because Lagos-Calabar rail line actually goes into Lagos city. We can divert it to come to the seaport in Lekki, ” he added.

Amaechi expressed optimism that the project would be ready for commercial activities in September this year.

China Development Bank, Louis Berger International, China Harbour Engineering LFTZ Enterprise and China Communication Construction are the contractors handling the project.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/lekki-deep-seaport-to-inject-360bn-to-nigerian-economy-amaechi/

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by Mooh247: 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2022
cool

God bless incoming President Bola Ahmed Tinubu

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by BSsniffer: 8:01pm On Mar 13, 2022
Nice.....I like the fact that it's privately funded, "our oyel people" can atleast stfu and the major beneficiary of the taxes should be the Lagos State government.

76 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by Parachoko: 8:01pm On Mar 13, 2022
H
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by seunmsg(m): 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
Developers will soon flood the thread to claim they own the project.

80 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by Prosperous111(m): 8:12pm On Mar 13, 2022
People wey go loot am dey one side cool

Which one be to eject Nigeria economy. Abi nah to ejects their pockets grin
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by Spandau: 8:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunmsg:

Kadoso Mutairu!

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by ebenezary(m): 8:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
Wow
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunmsg:

To be honest, I feel sorry for them. A people who are highly troubled and should be holding their worthless leaders to account urgently would rather spend all day dragging others unproductively. Sad.

@ topic.

Very exciting project. Stubborn and conservative as PMB is, glad he at least accepted the suggestion of Osinbajo's economic team that government must use PPP (private-public sector partnership) to develop Nigeria.

Much more practical and effective than trying to self-fund to then fail as PDP did to the extent many abandoned projects littered their 16 years reign.

Reality is that Nigeria, even minus the looting, cannot fund solutions for her infrastructure deficit optimally. Incentivised Private sector partnership and cash is required. Lots of it. This is the way to go to deliver large scsle projects like these.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 13, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

God bless incoming President Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Indeed. The man who introduced large scale PPPs, like Eko Atlantic, to Nigeria.

74 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by FreeStuffsNG: 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
God bless Lagos state. God bless Nigeria for ever.

Please bring your investment to Lagos today.

We want more investments in Lagos please.
We have a huge water body that ,with your investment, you can reap massively from transportation of humans and goods from one point to the other safely and securely.

Lagos is the state of aquatic splendour. Investing in Lagos water transportation business is a brilliant profitable investment I will propse to you to please consider.

If you have an investment outside Lagos, please bring it to Lagos. We are ready to host your investment

We are a very hospitable people in Lagos .
Our Lagos is the startup capital of Africa and we have the best run city economy in Africa in terms of GDP.

We have a vibrant population and we are the World Economic Forum-rated Africa's No 1 cosmopolitan city with with many infrastructures, a prestigious University of Lagos(UNILAG) that has produced notable Nigerians like the current V.P ,Prof. Yemi Osibanjo,SAN, beaches, great folklore traditional Yoruba & contemprorary Yoruba Afro hip-hop music , the city of Grammy Award winners and food!

In Lagos, you and your investments are safe and your invsstments are guaranteed of great returns.

Please invest in Lagos today.
Thank you.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by tollyboy5(m): 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
All this journalists should keep shut. How many times will they write on this. Yet port neva start work

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by helinues: 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2022
tollyboy5:
All this journalists should keep shut. How many times will they write on this. Yet port neva start work

Na where did this good development news hit you?

15 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by tollyboy5(m): 10:53pm On Mar 13, 2022
helinues:

Na where did this good development news hit you?

Good developments , i don hear am pass 30 times .
Yet sea port neva start work. Which kin yeye journerlism bdis
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by helinues: 10:54pm On Mar 13, 2022
tollyboy5:

Good developments , i don hear am pass 30 times .
Yet sea port neva start work. Which kin yeye journerlism bdis

You don hear am pass 30 times and you still dey hear words.

Alaye, are you Mr Lai Jr?

8 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by tollyboy5(m): 10:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
helinues:

You don hear ampass 30 times and you still dey hear words.

Alaye, are you Mr Lai Jr?
Wetin dis one dey talk .
GUY rest.
I don dey read news of this stuff since 2012 or so.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by helinues: 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2022
tollyboy5:

Wetin dis one dey talk .
GUY rest.
I don dey read news of this stuff since 2012 or so.

Amaechi stated this in Lagos, Sunday, shortly after inspecting ongoing work at the project cite

Perhaps, you read that too

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by SarkinYarki: 11:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
This is silly vanity matrix cheesy..I am sure the meant 360 billion Naira not dollars
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by tollyboy5(m): 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
helinues:

Perhaps, you read that too
I didn't even read anything. Make the port just start work that's all.
The government promised imota rice mill will start functioning this month we never hear anything yet.

All i want to see are result not motivational speeches
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by helinues: 11:31pm On Mar 13, 2022
tollyboy5:

I didn't even read anything. Make the port just start work that's all.
The government promised imota rice mill will start functioning this month we never hear anything yet.

All i want to see are result not motivational speeches

That have been the expectations of Nigerians as well. But you shouldn't have used Pdp promises to compare with Apc promises.

Majority of the Pdp projects are on paper not visible anywhere

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by tollyboy5(m): 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2022
helinues:

That have been the expectations of Nigerians as well. But you shouldn't have used Pdp promises to compare with Apc promises.

Majority of the Pdp projects are on paper not visible anywhere
I never mentioned pdp mr APc . After all PDP and APC are almost same seth of criminal's changing party always
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by helinues: 12:17am On Mar 14, 2022
tollyboy5:

I never mentioned pdp mr APc . After all PDP and APC are almost same seth of criminal's changing party always

You did mention Pdp without consciously knowing.

If you have been reading same news since 2012, no be Pdp era be that?

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by tollyboy5(m): 12:31am On Mar 14, 2022
helinues:

You did mention Pdp without consciously knowing.

If you have been reading same news since 2012, no be Pdp era be that?
Apc has always been the government in lagos. Apc started lekki deep sea port announcement

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by Lexusgs430: 4:59am On Mar 14, 2022
Alphabet go chop 1% inside am .......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by CryptoTeacher(m): 5:05am On Mar 14, 2022
Huge. Good news only if inflation will not wipe it away in that 45 years. The rate at which money loses value dey fear me.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by keentola(m): 5:11am On Mar 14, 2022
GET YOUR BOOKS HERE

Notable books I have in my library:

Action and Adventure
Classics
Comic and Graphic Novels
Detective and Mystery
Fantasy
Historical Fiction
Horror
Literary Fiction
Romance
Science Fiction
Short Stories
Suspense and Thrillers
Biographies and Autobiographies
Cookbooks
Memoir
Poetry
Essays
History
Self Help
True Crime
Politics and Philosophy

You can get these eBooks, Paperbacks and Audiobooks in minutes check my bio for more info

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by 9japride(m): 5:15am On Mar 14, 2022
If not for nepotism at the centre, why will everyone wants to live in Lagos? When there are other viable coastal states in Nigeria. The land mass of Lagos state is too small to accommodate everyone. Greed by political leaders won't let other regions develop. Go to foreign countries and see large numbers of well developed cities present there, but over here it's either Abuja or Lagos which are fully developed by the federal government because of politics. The funny thing is that those who keep disturbing nairaland about Lagos development are not even from Lagos state. To really have a bigger picture of this matter, just take a look at Nigeria's map and compare the location of Lagos state to the rest of the country then you will know how messed up things are really done to the advancement of a better Nigeria especially in all inclusive developmental spread.

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by Khaysee: 5:36am On Mar 14, 2022
Lekki deserves its own sea and airports with alternative roads and water transport a structure like o2 is needed for entertainment too and a big market in Epe
I have a write up on how to build lagos within 2 years if gov team needs it its free

Affordable men clothing clothing payment on delivery within lagos and nationwide delivery daily at wholesale low price
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:42am On Mar 14, 2022
seunmsg:
The project is 100% being funded by China development bank
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:44am On Mar 14, 2022
9japride:
If not for nepotism at the centre, why will everyone wants to live in Lagos? When there are other viable coastal states in Nigeria. The land mass of Lagos state is too small to accommodate everyone. Greed by political leaders won't let other regions develop. Go to foreign countries and see large numbers of well developed cities present there, but over here it's either Abuja or Lagos which are fully developed by the federal government because of politics. The funny thing is that those who keep disturbing nairaland about Lagos development are not even from Lagos state. To really have a bigger picture of this matter, just take a look at Nigeria's map and compare the location of Lagos state to the rest of the country then you will know how messed up things are really done to the advancement of a better Nigeria especially in all inclusive developmental spread.

It's a private project of Chinese companies, watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55_hv0kS9k

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by 9japride(m): 5:50am On Mar 14, 2022
post=111015818:

It's a private project of Chinese companies, watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55_hv0kS9k
[color=#006600][/color]
Thanks.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport To Inject $360 Billion To Nigerian Economy by Echoban: 5:58am On Mar 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Alphabet go chop 1% inside am .......... cheesy

He initiated the port from his wealth of knowledge. I don't think it's bad if he's company manage the tax collection.

Same way Eko Atlantic was initiated.

U can as well use ur head productively too..

God bless BAT.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Faces Disqualification Over "Dual-citizenship & Perjury" / Appeal Court Dismisses Cole’s Petition Against Fubara / Super Good News For Federal Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.