Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,730 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice (1533 Views)

Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison / Forbes 30 Under 30: Meet Omoha Nduka, 25-Years-Nigerian real Estate Billionaire / Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by Jbn11(m): 11:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
I am 25 years old and I have no idea what to do with my life. Because of this, I am depressed, lacking motivation and have no direction in life.
I just feel so down at the moment, it's hard to focus properly right now. I have no one to turn to for advice, no one understands and just thinks I am lazy, I am depressed, zero motivation to find work and no direction in life etc.
Sometimes I just feel like crying. I am a grown 25 year old guy and I want to cry. I have almost zero social life, very few friends because I have grown apart so I pretty much live in solitude 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Do I want this life? Of course I don't, but I don't know how to change. Each day, week, month seems to pass so fast and next thing I am a year older with still no direction.

I am frustrated and annoyed at myself too for not changing, but it's hard when you have nothing worthwhile or good in your life. Very little family, hardly any friends, no girlfriend or even female acquaintances, no job, no career or life goals etc. What do I do? As for the business I planned to do it can't work out because I cannot afford to start it. Advice and guide me before I lose my mind.
Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by Alaefulu(m): 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2022
Cheer up man, better days ahead
Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by Jbn11(m): 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2022
Alaefulu:
Cheer up man, better days ahead
brokeness wan kill me here.
Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by luwiizy(m): 11:50pm On Mar 13, 2022
Look for some cheap job to begin with...

So as to take your mind off your current unemployed State.

After sometimes you might get uncomfortable with the job...

Start thinking ahead...

For now you don't need a girlfriend.
You need a winning ATTITUDE..

No one will come to your rescue.
That's the most scary part..

You decide your FATE.

1 Like

Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by BabbanBura(m): 11:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
Jbn11:
I am 25 years old and I have no idea what to do with my life. Because of this, I am depressed, lacking motivation and have no direction in life.
I just feel so down at the moment, it's hard to focus properly right now. I have no one to turn to for advice, no one understands and just thinks I am lazy, I am depressed, zero motivation to find work and no direction in life etc.
Sometimes I just feel like crying. I am a grown 25 year old guy and I want to cry. I have almost zero social life, very few friends because I have grown apart so I pretty much live in solitude 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Do I want this life? Of course I don't, but I don't know how to change. Each day, week, month seems to pass so fast and next thing I am a year older with still no direction.

I am frustrated and annoyed at myself too for not changing, but it's hard when you have nothing worthwhile or good in your life. Very little family, hardly any friends, no girlfriend or even female acquaintances, no job, no career or life goals etc. What do I do? As for the business I planned to do it can't work out because I cannot afford to start it. Advice and guide me before I lose my mind.

There is a need to sit and hear your full story before anyone can know the best way to help your life.
Most people arrive this state of life because of some unhealthy life actions or some unfortunate life events. My advise is to start by identifying the negative minder, behaviours and actions that must have contributed to leading you to where you are now. Be honest with yourself, if possible write these things down. The first step to solving a problem and changing your course is identifying what the problem is and the root causes, but immediate and remote causes.
I wont mind working with you in this if you are willing, going to be absolutely open, truthful and honest as well as disciplined to turn your life around for good.
You have a whole huge life ahead of you and can turn things for the better if you are willing!

2 Likes

Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by Jbn11(m): 11:53pm On Mar 13, 2022
BabbanBura:

There is a need to sit and hear your full story before anyone can know the best way to help your life.
Most people arrive this state of life because of some unhealthy life actions or some unfortunate life events. My advise is to start by identifying the negative minder, behaviours and actions that must have contributed to leading you to where you are now. Be honest with yourself, if possible write these things down. The first step to solving a problem and changing your course is identifying what the problem is and the root causes, but immediate and remote causes.
I wont mind working with you in this if you are willing, going to be absolutely open, truthful and honest as well as disciplined to turn your life around for good.
You have a whole huge life ahead of you and can turn things for the better if you are willing!
I would love to work with you or mentor me please.
Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by yanabasee(m): 12:14am On Mar 14, 2022
Jbn11:

You've identify the problem... You don't need help, you need to find as job and get paid at the end of the month....

1 Like

Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by Totilopussylick(m): 12:19am On Mar 14, 2022
Jbn11:
you should go for a barbing school undecided
Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by BabbanBura(m): 12:49am On Mar 14, 2022
Jbn11:
I would love to work with you or mentor me please.

Great, i will like us to start by your introducing yourself. Use another thread if you don't want people to see it but make sure you mention me. I let you know so you can edit it after I read it. Be as detailed as possible, let your intro cover basic details about u such as full name, educational background and qualifications, environment you grew up in, your family background, religious orientation and belief system, skill set, talents, etc

If I am satisfied that we can work together after the above stage, then we will link up privately and continue offline
Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by buttlover(m): 1:19am On Mar 14, 2022
ok
Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by 9182736455O1999(m): 1:20am On Mar 14, 2022
Totilopussylick:
you should go for a barbing school undecided
with which money
Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by polimaf(m): 1:24am On Mar 14, 2022
This

Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by Roseey0(f): 5:52am On Mar 14, 2022
Firstly
You are self sufficient.
You are not alone.
Go out there and add value

1 Like

Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by udemzyudex(m): 7:49am On Mar 14, 2022
25 years and you're already experiencing all this?

Well it is not a crime for a guy to cry, when you feel like crying pls do, it will help relief that stress.

I'll advise you find something to do,you either look for a job to do or go learn a handiwork/trade.
Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by Jbn11(m): 11:16pm On Mar 15, 2022
udemzyudex:
25 years and you're already experiencing all this?

Well it is not a crime for a guy to cry, when you feel like crying pls do, it will help relief that stress.

I'll advise you find something to do,you either look for a job to do or go learn a handiwork/trade.
easy to say
Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by udemzyudex(m): 2:00am On Mar 16, 2022
Jbn11:
easy to say

What is hard in what I wrote?
Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by Jbn11(m): 7:09am On Mar 16, 2022
udemzyudex:

What is hard in what I wrote?
each time anyone post anything all of you will say hey a skill get a job as if it's not that same skill that require cash to learn or use
Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by udemzyudex(m): 8:15am On Mar 16, 2022
Jbn11:
each time anyone post anything all of you will say hey a skill get a job as if it's not that same skill that require cash to learn or use

You want him to start begging? Cos I don't really understand your point.

No be money dem dey use find money?

He either get a job or learn a skill.
His parent, guardians, uncle or aunty can help.
Re: I Am 25 Years, Old Depressed, Unemployed And No Direction In Life. Advice by BirtherOfKings(f): 8:56am On Nov 09, 2023
Job : ACCOUNT OFFICER, HYGIENE OFFICER AND MANAGER
ACOMODATION IS THERE FOR EVERYONE
EXPERIENCE: EXPERIENCE of working in a Farm is important for the manager . The cleaner can learn on the job
Qualification: account officer( BSC OR HND IN ACCOUNTING) MANAGER BSC OR HND WITH EXPERIENCE, CLEANER: NONE
Note: Age for the above position is 22-40 years SALARY( 55-60K) HYGIENE OFFICER( 40K) MANAGER-65-75K)
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their curriculum vitae to:
ekaette.obot@worknigeria.com OR CALL 09169976258

(1) (Reply)

Setting Up A Quarry Industry / Intercontinental Bank Increases Minimum Balance For Savings Account / Oil And Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.