Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,001 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance (34905 Views)

White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert / Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine / At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by Oghene1st: 6:24am On Mar 14, 2022
Chinese embassy in the US says it is unaware of any request of military assistance from Russia amid conflict in Ukraine

The Chinese Embassy in the US has said it had no information about alleged Russia’s request to China for military assistance, noting that Beijing's focus was on bringing the tension down in Ukraine.

Citing unnamed US officials, the Financial Times reported on Sunday that Moscow asked China “for equipment and other kinds of unspecified military assistance” to support its offensive in Ukraine. The report added that the White House was concerned “Beijing may undermine western efforts to help Ukrainian forces defend their country” if it chooses to grant the alleged request.

The allegations were also picked up by the New York Times, CNN, and other Western publications. CNN reported, for instance, that Russia had requested “drones” from China, while the NYT said that its sources declined to discuss the “kind of military weapons or aid” Moscow was allegedly seeking, citing the need to keep the process of intelligence-gathering secret.

Upon being asked about the reports, Chinese embassy spokesperson Liu Pengyu told Reuters later on Sunday that he “had never heard of that [request]” and said China’s priority was “to prevent the tense situation from escalating or even getting out of control.”

Beijing has adopted a neutral stance in Russia’s conflict with Ukraine – calling for an end to the war, but refusing to join the West in condemning Moscow.

Shortly after Russia launched its offensive in Ukraine, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Beijing opposed “the use of sanctions to solve problems, and even more so opposes unilateral sanctions that have no basis in international law.”

https://www.rt.com/russia/551831-chinese-embassy-moscow-assistance-reports/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by Lawlab254: 6:28am On Mar 14, 2022
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by tonididdy(m): 8:49am On Mar 14, 2022
To stay neutral is to support.
[s]If there's any country in the world that can survive on its own without imports or exports is CHINA [/s]

If there's any country in the world, the world cannot do without is CHINA

Threatening china with sanctions is directly threatening yourself.

( I remember when Trump sanctioned china steel Industry, next morning china sanctioned US steal industry, the heat was felt on par)

MODIFIED: MY FIRST SENTENCE (now stroked out) was in the heat of the anger of the WesT always playing god, since they already threaten to sanctions china if it assisted Russia . Of course it will be very difficult for any Nation to survive without buying and selling.

But for everything else I wrote up there, I stand by my words 100%

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by sapientia(m): 9:09am On Mar 14, 2022
tonididdy:
If there's any country in the world that can survive on its own without imports or exports is CHINA

( I remember when Trump sanctioned china steel Industry, next morning china sanctioned US steal industry, the heat was felt on par)

Imagine saying that Dangote is a big man

That even if all Nigerians and Africans stop buying his cement, he won't feel it

213 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by YorubaKinging: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
The end is near

We are really in the last few years before judgement will sit on earth

By 2030, many things would’ve shaped up

But for now , there will be war and rumors of war

The devil has accomplished an outstanding feat of deception

He has renamed the children of Israel

And has branded another the state of Israel

This is a great controversy as many will look to the fake mid eastern country for fulfillment of the prophecy

Yet it’s all going to happen here at home

Verily I say unto you, there will arise True prophets in the city of Judah who will teach the truth and the secret of Israel will be exposed

Few people know this truth but many have been deceived

Yoruba, the Tribe of Judah

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by EKONGKING: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Always unidentified sources will be telling western media.
I thought Nigerian media is a joke but western media proved even bigger joke.
Always reporting based on unsubstantiated rumours and passing it off as facts.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by todaynewsreview: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Better
Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by Iamdbull: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Dbull on this one!!

China should be careful ooo any small mistake from them, am stopping Dem from streaming my song "Never lived" if you haven't downloaded it click the link in my bio/$ignature

4 Likes

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by mytime24(f): 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Just less than a month war, Russia is already broke angry
Financially nd manpower angry

11 Likes

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by Skillsnigeria: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by Sundaypaul12345: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
grin
Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
So??
Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by 96ACE: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
US and busy body propaganda mtcheeeew

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by morikee: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
I knew say na propaganda right from onset.

15 Likes

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by Prechgold1180(m): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
Lol
Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by QuickStandard: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
cool
Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by visijo(m): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
Someone said "a woman before marriage and a woman after marriage are two different things"

In your experience, is it true?

1 Like

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by tommykiwi(m): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
k
Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by Oppy2k2: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
grin grin
Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by Prechgold1180(m): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
tonididdy:
If there's any country in the world that can survive on its own without imports or exports is CHINA

Bro your comment is senseless

1 Like

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by Tomoyayi(m): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
sapientia:

Imagine saying that Dangote is a big man

That even if all Nigerians and Africans stop buying his cement, he won't feel it

You dey mind am.
China cannot survive without export.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by wolesmile(m): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
I said the news was false, and some nairalanders were quoting me, calling me names

dettolgel
ChangetheChange

11 Likes

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by izenco2005(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
China Don't allow Russia to deceive you ,

4 Likes

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by money121(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by armytttee: 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
N

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by ngozika2us(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
The truth is that I don't think Russia can asked for military assistance when Russia has more sophisticated military hardware that China and just some few days Russia just hard a bilateral relation with Belarus on supplying them with Military hardware for Agricultural Technology

8 Likes

Re: Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance by motionarena: 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
visijo:
Someone said "a woman before marriage and a woman after marriage are two different things"

In your experience, is it true?
why posting irrelevant things

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Donald J Trump Declares Second Term Bid! / US Navy's Newest Stealth Fighter Crashes Into The Sea / World's Billionaires Are Building Bunkers And Assembling Fortresses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.