Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again (25543 Views)

National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again / Boko Haram Throws Maiduguri Into Darkness Again, Blows Up Power Tower / National Grid Collapses, Plunges Lagos, Others Into Darkness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by TWoods(m): 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
They used to say education was the best legacy to your children. For Nigerians I think we should modify it, a foreign passport is a far better legacy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by etokhana: 4:39pm On Mar 14, 2022
Dear esteemed customer, we regret to inform you of a total system collapse on the national grid at 10:40 am today, leading to outages across our network. We are closely monitoring the situation with our TCN partners to determine the cause and a timeline for resolution.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience as we will keep you updated on the situation.

Thank you for your understanding.
#PowerUpdate #EkoElectricity #EmpoweringQualityOfLives
https://twitter.com/EKEDP/status/1503331278820679683?t=jVY9Lgk8kmTzGqofBa0NLw&s=19

NOTICE OF GENERAL SYSTEM COLLAPSE

The Enugu Electricity Distribution PLC (EEDC) wishes to inform her esteemed customers in the South East of a general system collapse which occurred this morning, Monday, 14th March, 2022 at 10:40 am.

This is the reason for the loss of supply currently being experienced across the network.

Consequently, all our outgoing feeders are out and supply to our customers in Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo States are affected by this development.

We are on standby and awaiting signal from the National Control Centre (NCC) for restoration of supply.

Signed:

Emeka Ezeh
Head, Corporate Communications, EEDC
https://twitter.com/enugudisco/status/1503321329700847621?t=07R5TjcOy9XUFWKYbnOWOQ&s=19

PUBLIC NOTICE

Dear Esteemed Customer,
We experienced general outage across AEDC network around 10:40am today due to a system collapse which occurred on the national grid. Appropriate measures are now being taken to restore normal supply as quickly as possible.

We sincerely Apologise for the inconvenience.

AEDC

COLLAPSE OF NATIONAL GRID

We regret to inform you that the power outage being experienced in our franchise States is due to System collapse of the national grid which occurred around 10:40am.

Power supply shall be restored as soon as the National grid is powered back.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Signed

Abdul-Azeez Abdullahi
Head, Corporate Communication (Kaduna Electric)
14/03/2022
https://twitter.com/Kadunaelectric/status/1503329933443096577?t=fguCfM16jT3FLhBo1gvtbg&s=19
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by shiwex: 4:39pm On Mar 14, 2022
And some fools will say Tinubu's strength is to find the best guys... well I have news for you all. Fashola was there and did nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by aklion: 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
The painful of it all is that. They will still be bringing bills. I won't be surprised one day we hear for news say customers take laws into there hands by commiting murder...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Ajibel(m): 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
inoki247:
And dat stupid Fashola dey diz Govt we no hear anything from him...

What a clueless somebody dey always see Nigeria Problem from far...

Electricity is not a rocket science undecided undecided
Is Fashola the minister of power?
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Olarewaju89: 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
Pierocash:
Which of the countries is plunged into darkness,is it same Nigeria that I am enjoying 22hrs power supply?

undecided

1 Like

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Ajibel(m): 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
shiwex:
And some fools will say Tinubu's strength is to find the best guys... well I have news for you all. Fashola was there and did nothing.

Did nothing? Obviously because you weren't following updates on what he did while there
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by abdulwassi(m): 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
Did it just collapsed? Cuz no electricity here in Ise Orun local government Ekiti state for over 3 days.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Ulunne777(f): 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2022
Backbencher2:
When you pay N20 to N60 for something that costs N53 to N80 to make, this is what you get.

No profits, bad service.

You are fond of supporting over taxation.If there was profound evidence of them using the little they've collected,I think Nigerians wouldn't mind being taxed.

But you pay for everything save for fuel that's a bit subsidized and yet they can't get anything right or rather embezzle the little.

Let them start show atleast 1 sector that is working well and put nigerians to shame

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2022
BOOKWORMLUX:
My major concern is the masses who've refused to receive sense. When it's time for election, we allow these politicians to let us vote based on ethnic and religious grounds, some even sell their votes with no sight of the big picture.

It's high time people realise that these politicians don't care about you

They deceive and divide you based on religious and ethnic grounds, but they Unite at the top to milk the country dry

Now that there's fuel scarcity , you won't see specific fuel stations for APC or PDP supporters, neither would they give you fuel because you're a Christian or a Muslim .

Whether you vote good or bad leaders, na everybody go hear am
ASUU Strike all their children are abroad getting quality education , you that voted based on ethnoreligious ground is at home, no special school for you that's Christian, Muslim, APC or PDP supporter

Una must receive sense by Force

In 2023we vote APC out. What must PDP or any other party do to solve these probelms you have listed

I am serious. I dont like apc or pdp too
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by chakula: 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2022
Laggafin:
I want to sell my Nigerian passport for free.. sadplease whoever is interested should contact me

Use fire to destroy it.
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Bigchristo: 4:43pm On Mar 14, 2022
etokhana:

https://guardian.ng/news/nigerias-epileptic-grid-collapses-plunges-country-into-darkness-again/
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
stupid country, it’s not only power grid that collapsed the entire country has collapsed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by inoki247: 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ajibel:

Is Fashola the minister of power?

Who's the minister of power in the first tenure aw many megawatt did he add to power sector during is tenure....

You people want to exonerate him nd look for anoda excuse abi undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by lexy2014: 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by letitrainnow(m): 4:45pm On Mar 14, 2022
What caused the collapse
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Tekzyflex(m): 4:45pm On Mar 14, 2022
Country of bad news
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ulunne777:

You are fond of supporting over taxation.If there was profound evidence of them using the little they've collected,I think Nigerians wouldn't mind being taxed.

But you pay for everything save for fuel that's a bit subsidized and yet they can't get anything right or rather embezzle the little.

Let them start show atleast 1 sector that is working well and put nigerians to shame

No, this is not about taxes

It is about allowing the private companies that control the distribution and generation of power the right to set their prices above what it costs to produce that power so that they have enough money to pay for improvements

Not the one where it costs 80 naira to produce one kwh of powerand government is setting it at 40to 71 naira sale price

Bythe way discos have been unable to pay taxes because they cannot make enough profit to do so
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by michoim(m): 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2022
Economic saboteurs @work. PDP be warned ...
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by splashbaby(m): 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2022
wonderful...Quota system employed and foster incompetent Northerners to hold key positions and destroy everything possible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by superCleanworks(m): 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2022
buckeyemedia:
No electricity here since 6am Thursday morning, so what is new?

Ironically the so called criminals you mentioned, is me & you.

But we will all pay for FULL MONTH.

Some will say THANK GOD WE ARE USING PREPAID, they forget that the rates will be increased again and again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Nukilia: 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2022
buckeyemedia:

You are wrong!

You know the role you played with your political thugs in installing your rulers. You deserve your leaders.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Kamachicho(f): 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2022
etokhana:

https://twitter.com/EKEDP/status/1503331278820679683?t=jVY9Lgk8kmTzGqofBa0NLw&s=19

EKO disco na wash. In my area since the beginning of this year they have been flashing lights and for over three weeks now, no light (Bogije area of Ajah). As in no flashing, it has been total darkness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by yesloaded: 4:48pm On Mar 14, 2022
buckeyemedia:

Today makes it 14th day since I last had power supply, I've called IBEDC and they keep giving me hope that they will restrore power supply to my area

Nigeria is a joke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by lexy2014: 4:49pm On Mar 14, 2022
Backbencher2:
When you pay N20 to N60 for something that costs N53 to N80 to make, this is what you get.

No profits, bad service.

If you want power 24 seven, let the sector set its price so that money dey for more generation and better transmission.

You cannot pay 400 naira for a car.

The ones that people have paid, how has the money been utilised? I thought diesel and kerosene weren't subsidised? Are they available in the country? How many times have tariffs been increased? How come all those increments have not reflected in better service? Can u also explain what caused grid collapse in technical terms?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 14, 2022
splashbaby:
wonderful...Quota system employed and foster incompetent Northerners to hold key positions and destroy everything possible.

Nothing to do with abokis and everything to do with goverment pricing power at a level where companies involved cannot make a profit

And it was started by the previous administration and enshrined in law in such a waythat revising thething means govern ment pays a lot of money as compensation
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by cybriz82(m): 4:50pm On Mar 14, 2022
But light dey here since mrning nau...sok state...
Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Arysexy(m): 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2022
The promise

The reality is now clear, and one of the clowns is warming up to cause more disaster. God forbid

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Plunges Country Into Darkness Again by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
Brendaniel:

Let them make it 24 hours first, then tell people to pay, they have been increasing it without any improvement, so your theory does not hold waters at all, the new place I'm staying I was paying 4k when I moved in 2019 now I am paying N42,000 and the light got worse as they kept on increasing it and I kept on paying, so please the government here is at fault, so don't come and say rubbish about increment...

Well when even with the increase , it is still below the cost of production, plus 30 to 40 percent of customers dont pay even with meters installed, what do you expect?

If you were a businessman and goverment set your prices in such a way.that you run at a loss and 40% customers don't pay, how would you run your business?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

293 Rescued Women, Girls Are Indigenes Of Bumisiri Village / PDP Expels Napoleon Adamu For Accepting Tribunal Ruling In Favour Of Mama Taraba / Buhari's Presidential Campaign Rally In Borno State (More Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.