Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,804 members, 7,813,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Never Look Down On Menial Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Never Look Down On Menial Jobs (23032 Views)

Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by bestman09(m): 12:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
angry
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by twinskenny(m): 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
talk2hb1:

It's unfortunate that we do that in this part of the world, because most of this artisan are illiterate or doesn't have tertiary education.
I guess things are fast changing, educated individuals are fast jumping into this sphere because there are lots of cash rolling in their.
What's the difference between Mai-Suya and the Barbecue guy other than packaging.
Importantly Your Hustling Line Na Your Feeding Line not people's approved way, those looking down on them won't feed them.
God bless you sir

2 Likes

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Mariokenny(m): 1:00pm On Mar 15, 2022
I could relate. Had a 70k job offer at Lagos. Left my bike business i was doing in a university area. Resigning next month cos i discovered that i was making more riding bike. Peace of mind, have time for leisure. Going back to raise money and buy shuttle. White-collar job is overrated. Unless it a government job in a worthy ministry, i am not doing again.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Cmanforall: 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
cooltola:
A job is a job as long it is legal and honest, it should be considered a worthy job. Most of these manual jobs e,g carpentry are big outside Nigeria. My point is that Nigeria need to start appreciate such workers and pay them more if they can.
Appreciate all workers.
And why do you call them menial jobs? Those are skills that should be well appreciated in words and pay.
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Sermwell(m): 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
Cutezt:
They actually look down a lot on menial jobs not knowing those people cash out far more than they that are working salaried jobs.

One time, a company contacted me to shoot a video commercial for them and at first, they were pricing me like garri, then I ignored them but they kept on pressing and then I told them I have price packages for my jobs and sent them a quote alongside my portfolio site carrying my name as the website URL and they realized they were not dealing with your everyday point and shoot guy.

Then on the day of shooting, they were shocked when I and my crew pulled up in a Venza, they were expecting someone sweating with equipments up and down. Summary, till date, we still work together but their perception of me and my work has since changed and we deal on a professional level now, you want me to work for you? No problem, I send you a quote, you either pay or not, no dragging up and down.

My 1 day job is way above the monthly salary of your average Nigerian office worker. It's all about packaging and knowing your onion fam.
Your last sentence is the reason I earn not less than 1mil a month! Alot of hustlers don't understand sha!

1 Like

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by quisera(m): 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2022
[quote author= post=111056772]We thank God for life.

Yall can never go wrong with starting your personal business.

Entrepreneurship is bae mehn!!

It is well.

Many don't have jobs since 1999 , but according to them PMB is the source of their joblessness.

It is well
Entrepreneurship is bae but it isn't easy....I started a Laundry shop last week and I must confess being an entrepreneur is one of the hardest challenges I've faced in life

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Tzar(m): 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
I tell those who want to relocate without having papers. PLEASE LEARN A SKILL FIRST!!!
Motorcycling, hair styling, Barbing, tailoring, Plumbing, and any handwork will make your life so much easier while you sort your papers out.
Even as a student you can do side jobs off the record that won’t affect your extended work visa after your studies.

1 Like

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by checkoutEnugu: 1:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
Menial jobs or menia jobs can be a starting point for you. Many times, God wants to test you for greater things. Drop ur qualifications aside and do that menial job. It's a test u should pass

1 Like

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Harshweather(m): 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2022
Icumsa45:
Guys abeg find me client for aviation fuel na sure deal.
what client if I may ask
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Kaniff: 1:27pm On Mar 15, 2022
Nail to the box fact. Do you work menial jobs?
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Truvelisback(m): 1:29pm On Mar 15, 2022
cooltola:
A job is a job as long it is legal and honest, it should be considered a worthy job. Most of these manual jobs e,g carpentry are big outside Nigeria. My point is that Nigeria need to start appreciate such workers and pay them more if they can.
Carpentry is not a menial job, it's a professional job. There is money in it if u have people patronizing u and if u have connections.

2 Likes

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by bigcee(m): 1:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Truvelisback:
Carpentry is not a menial job, it's a professional job. There is money in it if u have people patronizing u and if u have connections.
The things they classify as menial jobs dey shock me. Furniture work as a menial job, lol grin. Some people, sha undecided

2 Likes

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Truvelisback(m): 1:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
bigcee:

The things they classify as menial jobs dey shock me. Furniture work as a menial job, lol grin. Some people, sha undecided
Job wey some kind guys dey use hammer. If u are good in Carpentary, people will patronise u and recommend u to others.

1 Like

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by AmeLonRo(m): 1:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
If you can drive, try Bolt

1 Like

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Blackdisciple(m): 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2022
samwash:
The same menial jobs some of our youths are doing aboard, the only difference is the pay is in different currency.

Same jobs ooo , just as u said the difference is the pay that's all...
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Mayeldah(m): 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
Na the rush for university education na im cause am

Now ppl get like two degrees yet dem no fit get N50k job.

Las Las enterpreneurship is the way.

An average Ibo trader makes more money in this country than a PHD holder teaching in Nigeria University.

1 Like

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by We4all: 2:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
cooltola:

There are carpenters and there are carpenters. All the carpenters I patronize are self made. I cannot look down on a carpenter.
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
Harshweather:
what client if I may ask

Airline operators that may be in need. I get sure plug.
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by cooltola(m): 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
Truvelisback:
Agreed with you, some folks look down at such professional job
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by cooltola(m): 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
Mayeldah:
Na the rush for university education na im cause am

Now ppl get like two degrees yet dem no fit get N50k job.

Las Las enterpreneurship is the way.

An average Ibo trader makes more money in this country than a PHD holder teaching in Nigeria University.
No lie here
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Rapture4real(m): 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
cooltola:

There is a topic on this in CRS and Economics on Dignity of Labour. All legitimate jobs must be accorded equal rights and values
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Truvelisback(m): 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2022
cooltola:

Agreed with you, some folks look at such job as a menial job.
Money dey carpentary, if u know ur work and if u have connections. I remember those days i used to follow my uncle who is a carpenter to work in houses like roofing and ceiling job etc. He use to give me money after work to manage myself. Note: My uncle is an electrician and mechanical engineer too. He does wiring and repairs Generator too.

1 Like

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by akanbiaa(m): 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2022
cooltola:
No sensible person will look down on any manual job as you called it, the issues is that the person must have a credible personality , deliver as promised , use the quality of material promised but many dupe people ,do inferior job after charging high and when they are no longer patronized due to the negative image they created they go around begging people close to clients to beg for more jobs or even threaten others who deliver as promised to their former clients and some even go diabolic and not interested in delivering quality job as promised but rather to keep asking for money endlessly from a client and for the client not to complain.
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Oyerinde16(m): 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
Back in the 60-70s Nigeria was like Dubai, we did not do menial jobs, ghanians, Cameroonian, Nigerians etc were the ounces doing the menial jobs, in the 80s one president sent all foreigners packing, (Ghana must go era)... Nigerians started doing the menial jobs themselves and things have continued to spiral downward...
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by iamdapsyj(m): 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
cooltola:

Just as you have said, it is the pay that is making people run away from such jobs in Nigeria. In the abroad, people do such jobs a lot because it can pay for their basic needs and some extras can be done with it...
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by iamdapsyj(m): 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2022
cooltola:

Agreed with you, some folks look at such job as a menial job.

I
Those jobs we call menial is what oyibo people refer to as skilled jobs oo
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Bbbw: 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
Not in nigeria
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by tiffanyfan(f): 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2022
DropsMic:

Naija girls left the room
lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed

Not all naija girl, I'm a fresh graduate waiting to serve, I sell local ice-cream to school children. I don't want to type my monthly take home but it's not less than 10k daily. Pls stop generalising
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by Tommymoses(m): 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
shocked wait small igbeyin Adun...
Mariokenny:
I could relate. Had a 70k job offer at Lagos. Left my bike business i was doing in a university area. Resigning next month cos i discovered that i was making more riding bike. Peace of mind, have time for leisure. Going back to raise money and buy shuttle. White-collar job is overrated. Unless it a government job in a worthy ministry, i am not doing again.
Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by samwash(m): 5:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
IMASTEX:

Those west don't consider them as menial jobs rather skilled jobs. This is why a cleaner can get a nice car and a good upkeep.

You are on point, I was discussing with a friend in Canada, he was telling me how a cleaner in a restaurant own & drive a nice car & also have access a good health insurance among others things.
We were actually using the cleaners salary to compare it's counterpart from Africa base on its expenditures.

1 Like

Re: Never Look Down On Menial Jobs by KingDamzzy(m): 6:00pm On Mar 15, 2022
Cutezt:
They actually look down a lot on menial jobs not knowing those people cash out far more than they that are working salaried jobs.

One time, a company contacted me to shoot a video commercial for them and at first, they were pricing me like garri, then I ignored them but they kept on pressing and then I told them I have price packages for my jobs and sent them a quote alongside my portfolio site carrying my name as the website URL and they realized they were not dealing with your everyday point and shoot guy.

Then on the day of shooting, they were shocked when I and my crew pulled up in a Venza, they were expecting someone sweating with equipments up and down. Summary, till date, we still work together but their perception of me and my work has since changed and we deal on a professional level now, you want me to work for you? No problem, I send you a quote, you either pay or not, no dragging up and down.

My 1 day job is way above the monthly salary of your average Nigerian office worker. It's all about packaging and knowing your onion fam.

When did video director job become a menial job?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Favoured Me With A Job At Last! / Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs / P & G Sending Congratulatory Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.