Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys (19713 Views)

7 Realities Of Life After NYSC / Kaduna Corper Battling For Life After Soldier Assault In NYSC Camp. / Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by jeff1607(m): 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
Milesbillions:

Saving allawee was very hard for me as I fully depended on it, no other source of income....was even paying for my accomodation and the rest from there.
The little I saved, I channelled them in crypto and now bitcoin is going up and down...lol

Also served in state that was very far from my state of origin....70% of the allawee always finishes on travelling.

You finished alawee just like that?
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Adelk: 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
Hey bro, some Jobs in Lagos are really not worth it as transport and feeding take it all.

What I'm certain you can do and you'd not regret it is get into Tech.....it's the most rewarding thing right now
Pick up web dev (with node and react)...now that you are still with your parent. If it's hard to do....enrol at Alt-school or decagon or semicolon........
Sacrifice 6months to learning and I can bet you the job offers you'd get afterwards will be massive.....both 9ja and foreign roles.

Wish you luck friend

2 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Skillsnigeria: 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Brazzaville(m): 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2022

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Dorlarphor10: 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
Adelk:
Hey bro, some Jobs in Lagos are really not worth it as transport and feeding take it all.

What I'm certain you can do and you'd not regret it is get into Tech.....it's the most rewarding thing right now
Pick up web dev (with node and react)...now that you are still with your parent. If it's hard to do....enrol at Alt-school or decagon or semicolon........
Sacrifice 6months to learning and I can bet you the job offers you'd get afterwards will be massive.....both 9ja and foreign roles.

Wish you luck friend

Have you applied to anyone one of them? What's the outcome
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Lisaint(m): 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
Milesbillions:
I just concluded my service year on February 2022....barely a month ago and I'm still job hunting, although I have submitted so many applications but the job invites that are coming through are from lagos.

I'm currently in the east. Don't have anybody to stay with in Lagos for now. Now, I'm somebody that like to get a work in career or field that does not allign with my course of study, remember...I studied Animal and Environmental Biology and I came out with a good 2:1. In terms of job opportunities in Nigeria in respect to what I studied, it is very limited and chances of me getting in a job is very slim considering Nigeria factors as I don't have any connection.

A friend adviced me to go for my masters abroad and I told him, there is no money to do the initial processes although I believe in myself that I can get full funding if I apply but the money to write the necessary exams is not around, reason I'm trying my best to get a work of any kind that doesn't necessarily require what I did in school. So many people are doing it and if I ask them, they will say, they got it through graduate trainees and entry level roles in organizations and firms

I'm somebody that likes working in logistics company and as a customer representative but the major hindrance I'm having right now, is not having the experiences that will make me to work in those fields. Some, if not all of the job offers I always come across require for 1-3 years experience which I Don't have.

So guys, what's the best way to get through this? Just one month out of service and I'm already feeling bored at home doing nothing apart from helping my parents in the farm works and reading a basic course on UI/UX designing?

Please any advice of any kind is duely welcomed. Insults are welcomed too. I out here to learn because, nobody knows it all.

About digital skills....I can write but currently don't have a system to do the job again.

The mods please help me move it to the right thread and if possible, Front page.

Op it’s not easy outside there!
At all
Especially for a male and also a first born
We are in the same situation
Just that My pop is June
I’m a graduate of Geography and planning sciences
I don’t have a 2.1 neither did I have a first class

I’m scared already
Most jobs out there is asking for experience
Which I don’t have any
I grew up in Lagos

But right now
I’m ready to relocate to any where I got an offer

About your choice of location
Lagos is expensive
If you don’t have anyone here

Someone mentioned saving allawe
It’s not easy saving with the cost of things
Family will call
Monthly subscription in Nigeria !
Now use highest a week!
Especially if you’re the first born and you got siblings couple with the fact that popcy is late

Most graduate internship have seen so far are for 2.1 holder only
Example
The just concluded mtn graduate internship.

Bro you said you’re reading on Ui/Ux design
I will appreciate if you can share

If there’s anyone that can help me with Cv writing In the house
I will be the most greatful

Finally try to sign up on Linked.In

3 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Lisaint(m): 12:56pm On Mar 19, 2022
Karleb:
Get a support system.
Move to major city in your state, preferably, come to Lagos or at least Abuja or port Harcourt.
If you have money or connection, use it to get a job.

Lastly, you will suffer. Trust me.

Chief

Can you please
Explain that money or connection in the abuja case
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Cognitivereason: 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
Karleb:
Get a support system.
Move to major city in your state, preferably, come to Lagos or at least Abuja or port Harcourt.
If you have money or connection, use it to get a job.

Lastly, you will suffer. Trust me.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
The bolded
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Lisaint(m): 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
swaqq:
Can you manage my logistics company

Location sir?
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Lisaint(m): 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2022
gly2ken:
My brother congrats for making 2:1, but that does not really guarantee success in life. With the way you spoke you don't have connection but remember you have God by your side. Open your mind to opportunities in other areas other than your course of study. I know of a fellow that had 2:1 in geology from a university whose geology department is renowned in the petroleum industry. But guess what after years of looking for job, the guy is making a live as a chartered accountant practicing tax and he is doing well. The city or town where you start from also matters. My Advice: Among other efforts look for opportunities in banking, audit and consulting. Remember the pay might not be big, but I sure you it's a good place to start. Remember teaching in a private school will tie you down and prevent you from looking for better opportunities. May God bless your hustle.

Hello Chief

Sorry for cutting in
How did a graduate of geology become an account?

I love to learn from you sir
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Seyong10(m): 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool

MY Gee...

if Job de COME from Lagos, I go ADVISE u to try MOVE to LAGOS...

although me Na Port Harcourt PIKIN but I just JAZZ in Lagos Las month to flex and NACK ASHAWOO...

Na my MANCHI UNIT I mount...

D 1st Tin in Lagos u need is an APARTMENT..

bcus Lagos Na another TYPE of jungle ooo

if u LOSEGUARD, Na only PANT go remain 4 ur BODY o!

although OPPORTUNITY de here wen it comes to getting job and meeting people dat can help u in Life..

EVERYBODY blessings no be d SAME and EVERYBODY STAR no be d SAME..

try make u FIT REASON way and FIND house to put BODY wen u JAZZ in Lagos...

U can make it ANYWHERE!

I for CAPRISUN u some TINZ but I don REACH ASHAWOO house..

LITE UP my CIGARETTE in peace bcus u no FIT BLA WEED here...

WTF MAN!

Lol.. This bro mehn grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by whippersnapper(m): 1:11pm On Mar 19, 2022
lilvicky68:
Jsut save small money do night plan download seasonal movies dey watch..

As work no dey you no go kill yourself..

Life no too hard na you just want make am fast..
comrade this vawulence you're looking for you'll get it grin

1 Like

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by ItsGoodToBeGood: 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2022
lilvicky68:

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by elsiusgr8t(m): 1:19pm On Mar 19, 2022
AkhereOkaka:

Have the e copy of the book, and others add me up on WhatsApp so I can send it to you
+393891974325

We rise by lifting others

Hope you won't mind sending to me??
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Brunicekid(m): 1:21pm On Mar 19, 2022
AkhereOkaka:

Have the e copy of the book, and others add me up on WhatsApp so I can send it to you
+393891974325

We rise by lifting others
Ok.
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by MrBroke(m): 1:22pm On Mar 19, 2022
Now I want to word out on text, bro start a business, shit be best advice I can give you, waiting for a job is not in this era okay. Start a business and I don't mean online business cause a lot be lie, start an offline business, it can be anything, Bleep shame away. The earlier the better, after starting your business then you can start thinking of online business to gamble on with your profit

2 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Socratiz: 1:25pm On Mar 19, 2022
Send me a mail
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by folake4u(f): 1:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
lilvicky68:

You're mean oh. grin

1 Like

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by swaqq(m): 1:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
Lisaint:

Location sir?
sango
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 1:39pm On Mar 19, 2022
Imo State for now

[quote author=akpunda86 post=111171724][/quote]
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by CowbellY: 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
Milesbillions:
I just concluded my service year on February 2022....barely a month ago and I'm still job hunting, although I have submitted so many applications but the job invites that are coming through are from lagos.

I'm currently in the east. Don't have anybody to stay with in Lagos for now. Now, I'm somebody that like to get a work in career or field that does not allign with my course of study, remember...I studied Animal and Environmental Biology and I came out with a good 2:1. In terms of job opportunities in Nigeria in respect to what I studied, it is very limited and chances of me getting in a job is very slim considering Nigeria factors as I don't have any connection.

A friend adviced me to go for my masters abroad and I told him, there is no money to do the initial processes although I believe in myself that I can get full funding if I apply but the money to write the necessary exams is not around, reason I'm trying my best to get a work of any kind that doesn't necessarily require what I did in school. So many people are doing it and if I ask them, they will say, they got it through graduate trainees and entry level roles in organizations and firms

I'm somebody that likes working in logistics company and as a customer representative but the major hindrance I'm having right now, is not having the experiences that will make me to work in those fields. Some, if not all of the job offers I always come across require for 1-3 years experience which I Don't have.

So guys, what's the best way to get through this? Just one month out of service and I'm already feeling bored at home doing nothing apart from helping my parents in the farm works and reading a basic course on UI/UX designing?

Please any advice of any kind is duely welcomed. Insults are welcomed too. I out here to learn because, nobody knows it all.

About digital skills....I can write but currently don't have a system to do the job again.

The mods please help me move it to the right thread and if possible, Front page.

I like your self confidence, I hope you don't lose it but I also hope you land on your feet soon. i suggest you join a trade for now, something to save and earn some money while you also apply for jobs.

God speed

1 Like

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
One funny thing is this....when I was serving, I don't post pictures of me on WhatsApp status or Facebook....I'm not a fan of that.

Thanks Man.
I'm registered on linkedin since 2021.

vikgreen01:

Corper shun…. Ur posting of khaki on statuses don finish now ur eye don clear… welcome to the reality of life….

Are u on LinkedIn. If not go and register there nd start reading peoples journey and success there u mingle with people. Secondly u can kick start ur job hunt in ur location nd u might get thru since u don’t have a relative in the state invites is coming for u… I also had so many invites in my email from Lagos. Lagos is really lucrative in terms of job opportunities. Lastly, u can opt in for volunteering role or virtual internship (either paid or free) programme/training just to acquire some reason work experience… it’s not easy out there…. all the best!!!

1 Like

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 1:45pm On Mar 19, 2022
jeff1607:

You finished alawee just like that?

Yes sir....thank God I survived it.... instead of saving allawee, I saved my life

1 Like

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 1:47pm On Mar 19, 2022
Can somebody learn web development without having a system?

Adelk:

Wish you luck friend
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by 1sherlockHolmes: 1:48pm On Mar 19, 2022
Milesbillions:
Lol....u still dey get money dey bet in this economy?

with the lots of credit alerts on your phone from ur nysc allawee lots of loan apps will borrow u nd u can invest it in betting
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by 1sherlockHolmes: 1:50pm On Mar 19, 2022
Milesbillions:

help me ask am we wanna learn this tech things but man no got computer
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by 1sherlockHolmes: 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
Socratiz:
Send me a mail
can i send pls me too dey find job
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by 1sherlockHolmes: 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2022
NotoriousBiggyS:
No matter the decision u make please I beg u don't come to Lagos. Lagos don full overpopulated,
im coming to lagos go search for my fortune
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2022
Man!!!
Congratulations in advance, atleast one stage will soon be over.
Yeah, most of the works are requesting for experience, reason I'm going for graduate Internship programs and entry roles. I even applied for MTN graduate Internship but have not heard from them.... don't know if they have started shortlisting thou?

Yeah, I'm reading a small free course on UI/ux....it is just like a preamble of what ui/ux is all about....

About making CV, you can search for entry level cv template on google and use the format unless you have the money to hire a professional CV writer.

Lisaint:

Op it’s not easy outside there!
At all
Especially for a male and also a first born
We are in the same situation
Just that My pop is June
I’m a graduate of Geography and planning sciences
I don’t have a 2.1 neither did I have a first class

I’m scared already
Most jobs out there is asking for experience
Which I don’t have any
I grew up in Lagos

But right now
I’m ready to relocate to any where I got an offer

About your choice of location
Lagos is expensive
If you don’t have anyone here

Someone mentioned saving allawe
It’s not easy saving with the cost of things
Family will call
Monthly subscription in Nigeria !
Now use highest a week!
Especially if you’re the first born and you got siblings couple with the fact that popcy is late

Most graduate internship have seen so far are for 2.1 holder only
Example
The just concluded mtn graduate internship.

Bro you said you’re reading on Ui/Ux design
I will appreciate if you can share

If there’s anyone that can help me with Cv writing In the house
I will be the most greatful

Finally try to sign up on Linked.In

1 Like

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by PKURLINZ: 1:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
Nop Boss
Even if you are able to learn something new, you still need to do the practical aspect of it in other to be a pro.

Just a suggestion
Milesbillions:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here / 2016 Batch A Corpers: Things You Must Take Along To NYSC Camp To Avoid Stress / NYSC Ekiti Denies Story Of Manhandling A Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.