Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys (19746 Views)

7 Realities Of Life After NYSC / Kaduna Corper Battling For Life After Soldier Assault In NYSC Camp. / Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Karleb(m): 5:14pm On Mar 19, 2022
Iykolysis:

How does his having money (which he doesn't have) make him secure a job? I don't understand

They sell slot now.
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by folake4u(f): 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2022
lilvicky68:

Had he been me knew when I finished nysc he wouldn't be complaining grin

This Chairman like vawulence sha. grin

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Professorcplus(m): 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2022
Oga Milesbillions no kill yourself o.

Why u dey rush to join this rat race of life.

Invest more in relationships and keep meaniful one in every way of life. Stay connected with your friends school, Nysc, church, reach out and act like you care.

Make sure you have something of value to offer. It may not be money but something people around you cherish and happy about.

Lastly, the night is long as job might not be available so always always prepare for future opportunity.

Wish you well!

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Olawrites: 7:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
Never give up
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by gly2ken: 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
You can become a chartered accountant by writing the ICAN exams. As a non accounting graduate you start from foundation.

Lisaint:

Hello Chief

Sorry for cutting in
How did a graduate of geology become an account?

I love to learn from you sir
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Wirewire1m(m): 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
Get a phone or laptop start to Dey bomb, then bring bank /CC info, you will be alright soon las las all of us na thief. Check my siggy
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Heroicvic(m): 3:30am On Mar 20, 2022
Before I added my own comment, I made sure you're still very much here and replying comments
Go and visit fiverr.com and become a seller and start rendering your skills there and try to expand by doing research.... everything you need is on Google

This might actually be the comment you're waiting for
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Makanaki127: 3:58am On Mar 20, 2022
Am a corp member too bro,and am still serving but will be passing out in November this year,my case shall day different,base on say I be learn tailoring after my OND,and I sabi am Wella that time,but as time begin go on,I no come day practice am again that much,base on school wahala,but I no lie that one no he excuse na laziness cause am,I suppose day run am for school that time.but for this service I just try no eat my allawee,na so I save 4 months allawee,right from the fist allawee they pay me for camp November till February, because they never pay this march allawee base on say like this month never end,I no chop any Kobo from the 4 months.
Na this month I carry all the money go buy 2 new butterfly sewing machine,and I day use am day get small small work,I just day sew clothes for my friends and do amendment inside my room,and I still day coordinate small small private lesson, because my goal na to spend my own personal money for feeding not allawee,and after service I go just go straight my hand for my tailoring work for my oga store wen I for take learn work like 6 months so that my hand go strong again,after which I done go open my store for 1 side,my 264k still day for NYSC hand,na that money I go use take open store then day manage from there. I no too like beg especially to beg family members,them too wicked
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 4:02am On Mar 20, 2022
I have a fiverr account when my laptop was still good.

But since my laptop spoiled beyond repair... motherboard issues....I suspended the whole fiverr thing. Had it been it is something I can do with phone, I will appreciate it alot

Heroicvic:
Before I added my own comment, I made sure you're still very much here and replying comments
Go and visit fiverr.com and become a seller and start rendering your skills there and try to expand by doing research.... everything you need is on Google

This might actually be the comment you're waiting for
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Makanaki127: 4:44am On Mar 20, 2022
virginchaser:
Take it easy on yourself. Last last, everyone go bellefull. Things will definitely fall into places. You are lucky you are out when all information is out at your disposal. I believe you will be okay. You only need to watch whom you are associating with.
Fact you need to watch who you are associating with,this is very compusary, if he had made friends with hustlers while in service,he won't be this worried, because he would have had a route of making little money,some corpers don't do anything while serving,they just focus on their PPA,they don't do side hustle,they don't mingle to learn something new,some just believe in the 33k,the bitter truth is that some corpers fond their way while serving,it all depends on the kind of people you associate with while serving

1 Like

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Bapy(m): 4:45am On Mar 20, 2022
Lisaint:

Op it’s not easy outside there!
At all
Especially for a male and also a first born
We are in the same situation
Just that My pop is June
I’m a graduate of Geography and planning sciences
I don’t have a 2.1 neither did I have a first class

I’m scared already
Most jobs out there is asking for experience
Which I don’t have any
I grew up in Lagos

But right now
I’m ready to relocate to any where I got an offer

About your choice of location
Lagos is expensive
If you don’t have anyone here

Someone mentioned saving allawe
It’s not easy saving with the cost of things
Family will call
Monthly subscription in Nigeria !
Now use highest a week!
Especially if you’re the first born and you got siblings couple with the fact that popcy is late

Most graduate internship have seen so far are for 2.1 holder only
Example
The just concluded mtn graduate internship.

Bro you said you’re reading on Ui/Ux design
I will appreciate if you can share

If there’s anyone that can help me with Cv writing In the house
I will be the most greatful

Finally try to sign up on Linked.In
PM me I've UI/UX complete course I can share with you for free and also copywriting course but I'll give it out for a token cause I paid for the copywriting course.
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Bapy(m): 4:49am On Mar 20, 2022
1sherlockHolmes:
help me ask am we wanna learn this tech things but man no got computer
learn copywriting instead and become a freelancer if you're serious within 3 months.
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by saudatu(m): 5:26am On Mar 20, 2022
Bapy:
learn copywriting instead and become a freelancer if you're serious within 3 months.

I'm interested bruh.
adenleibrahim@gmail.com
Thank you
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Gr8amechi: 6:22pm On Mar 20, 2022
Milesbillions:
I just concluded my service year on February 2022....barely a month ago and I'm still job hunting, although I have submitted so many applications but the job invites that are coming through are from lagos.

I'm currently in the east. Don't have anybody to stay with in Lagos for now. Now, I'm somebody that like to get a work in career or field that does not allign with my course of study, remember...I studied Animal and Environmental Biology and I came out with a good 2:1. In terms of job opportunities in Nigeria in respect to what I studied, it is very limited and chances of me getting in a job is very slim considering Nigeria factors as I don't have any connection.

A friend adviced me to go for my masters abroad and I told him, there is no money to do the initial processes although I believe in myself that I can get full funding if I apply but the money to write the necessary exams is not around, reason I'm trying my best to get a work of any kind that doesn't necessarily require what I did in school. So many people are doing it and if I ask them, they will say, they got it through graduate trainees and entry level roles in organizations and firms

I'm somebody that likes working in logistics company and as a customer representative but the major hindrance I'm having right now, is not having the experiences that will make me to work in those fields. Some, if not all of the job offers I always come across require for 1-3 years experience which I Don't have.

So guys, what's the best way to get through this? Just one month out of service and I'm already feeling bored at home doing nothing apart from helping my parents in the farm works and reading a basic course on UI/UX designing?

Please any advice of any kind is duely welcomed. Insults are welcomed too. I out here to learn because, nobody knows it all.

About digital skills....I can write but currently don't have a system to do the job again.

The mods please help me move it to the right thread and if possible, Front page.
My advice is sit down and have a deep thought, pick areas you want to go into, despite what you did in your first degree you can decide to go into accounting, management, human resource, advertising etc or better still look for sponsors, get a laptop, start digital skills, take your time find which you have flair for research more about it and then build on it.

Digital skills can open your life to unimaginable opportunities.
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by aebright: 9:47pm On Mar 20, 2022
Milesbillions:
I don't have
Can you borrow me?
LoL, I don't have too, that's why I invested the one I have
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Thazard(m): 10:40pm On Mar 20, 2022
lilvicky68:
Jsut save small money do night plan download seasonal movies dey watch..

As work no dey you no go kill yourself..

Life no too hard na you just want make am

cheesy
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Thazard(m): 10:43pm On Mar 20, 2022
Professorcplus:
Oga Milesbillions no kill yourself o.

Why u dey rush to join this rat race of life.

Invest more in relationships and keep meaniful one in every way of life. Stay connected with your friends school, Nysc, church, reach out and act like you care.

Make sure you have something of value to offer. It may not be money but something people around you cherish and happy about.

Lastly, the night is long as job might not be available so always always prepare for future opportunity.

Wish you well!

Cheers

Makes sense.
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Heroicvic(m): 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2022
Milesbillions:
I have a fiverr account when my laptop was still good.

But since my laptop spoiled beyond repair... motherboard issues....I suspended the whole fiverr thing. Had it been it is something I can do with phone, I will appreciate it alot

You can definitely use it on phone
Just download the app and I will put you through
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Jokkarm2: 11:39am On Mar 23, 2022
Rilwayne001:

How much is the shared apartment?

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Jokkarm2: 11:41am On Mar 23, 2022
irumanle:
Please tell us more about relocation to Lagos. I studied Quantity Surveying and I have a year experience in the construction of the some of the biggest projects in Kaduna state.

Guy, you will do well, find your way to Lagos , island precisely, link with real estate companies, you will succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Jokkarm2: 11:43am On Mar 23, 2022
2Ways:

Hello sir!
Please have you gotten a job there?
Yes I am working.
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
I can find my way to the Island but accomodation has always been the issue... Born and brought up in the east, schooled in the east, served in the west....my main issue is accomodation and since island seems to be a rich area, their accomodation fee will be high above my reach....
Jokkarm2:

Guy, you will do well, find your way to Lagos , island precisely, link with real estate companies, you will succeed.
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by 1sherlockHolmes: 10:32pm On Mar 23, 2022
Bapy:
pls can u teach me
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by AlphaTaikun: 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2022
slickycee:
Bro take easy on yourself.

You may decide to learn a skill because of the money you hope to earn from it
But it's all assumptions, there's a likelihood you'd learn the skill and still be struggling
But still learn all you can learn now!!

Read books about Wealth creation, it would expose you to a different way of seeing money. Eg. Think and Grow rich, the richest man in Babylon etc.

As you're job hunting, start hunting for your life purpose. The moment you realize it, your view of life would shift and you'd stop worrying over every situation that looks like a problem.

Know yourself, discover your talents and what you're unique at, discover your calling.
Use this time to know yourself.
I pray you get all that you deserve and at the end, everything would be alright , and if it feels nothin is alright, just know it's not the end.
So preserve, keep trying things, you'd fail but if you learn you'd eventually succeed
Well said! Developing your
inner game or mental strength
first is the key to unlocking the
unlimited opportunities in the universe.

I first read and re-read the hard copy of the iconic "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill in the late 1990s, and it's good you mentioned it here for the young man (OP) to read.

"The 80/20 Principle" is another book that would enable anyone to manage time, relationships, and investments effectively. 20% of your daily activities will give you
80% of your daily results.

I have these 2 solid books in
my home library among other personal finance and management books.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by panicacid: 8:26am On May 28, 2022
@Op
You refused to write down your contact to see few offers you will get here.
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by AICconnect1: 1:48pm On May 28, 2022
You totally got it wrong during your NYSC days. This same problem is what 98% of our graduates are facing today, because of their inactions during their service year

Your service year is supposed to be an incubation period when you crawl into your shell and look beyond whatever profession you studied in school

If you had spent the numerous times you had during the service year learning one or two digital skills by now you won't have anything to do with joblessness. You will either be test running your skills or partnering with like minds.

However, it's never too late. I'm open and willing to take you through some important and relevant skills that will see you through!

You may contact me on Whatsapp via +2348063261977
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Jafar1: 7:03am On Mar 10
irumanle:
Please tell us more about relocation to Lagos. I studied Quantity Surveying and I have a year experience in the construction of the some of the biggest projects in Kaduna state.
Good morning sir, pls is it possible to have your contact?
I studied QS too and I'm currently serving in Kaduna just like u did, I could need a little mentorship if you are willing to offer that sir
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by irumanle(m): 10:40am On Mar 11
Jafar1:

Good morning sir, pls is it possible to have your contact?
I studied QS too and I'm currently serving in Kaduna just like u did, I could need a little mentorship if you are willing to offer that sir

1 Like

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Jafar1: 5:45pm On Mar 11
[quote author=irumanle post=128882167][/quote] Got it, thank you sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jennifer Ejiogu: Large Heart Of A Visually Impaired Corper (Photos) / NYSC BATCH 2017 B STREAM-1 POP Pictures / Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.