Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky (38616 Views)

War: Ukraine Announces ‘Good News’ Against Russia / Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' / Israel Will Not Join America In War Against Iran - Benjamin Netanyahu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by engrchykae(m): 10:03pm On Mar 15, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Ooh you were expecting NATO to engage themself in a war that doesn't directly affect them or their members..
If NATO was to attack Russia you folks will still come here to complain and blame USA as usual.. grin
even if Russia attacks Poland, NATO won't do shit.
Who is even NATO, bunch of mushroom nations who came together after WW2 because of fear of Russia.
A guy who needed to join confra in order to achieve his goals of getting chicks or fighting back when confronted is a coward.
NATO na coward.
TrueNigerian300:
We said it is not a matter of Ukrainian right but reality, some idiots who just want the comedian to waste his people lives think we are cowards. Whenever we cry freedom we should understand that where our freedom ends is where others began. It is Ukrainian right to join any organization and it is also russian right to eliminate any potential threat that could threaten her existence. As a wise leader between two powerful nations who are hell bent to seeing the end of one another, what do you do? You stay neutral but the fool choose to waste his people's lives and the hypocrites in the west cheered him up.

This foolish president should be stoned to death by Ukrainians for putting them through this hardship. The fool even tried as much as he can to drag everybody down with him. But thank God the useless western leaders are not that foolish to allow him to do that otherwise the whole thing will escalate.Russia was not joking and they belive they are fighting for their existence and the reason they are ready to nuke every where. Yes, if we don't deserve to live none of you either.

Victory to president Putin and victory to the world, we don't want unipolar world order where some fool think it is either their way or no way.

God bless President Putin.
God bless Russia.
Peace to the world!!!
Putin said "what is the world without Russia in it?"
He would have nuked between Britain and Denmark.
Silly West

3 Likes

Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by engrchykae(m): 10:05pm On Mar 15, 2022
Armaggedon:
CIA might soon assassinate him and blame Russia.
you are teaching Putin his job.
He is former KGB, current fsb.
Dem no dey carry swag go America,
Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by VEHINTOLAR: 10:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
DSDLIVEREPORT:
Mark this day ; Putin is near his grave a woman will be used to take his life. His death will be humiliating .

You are a comedian,right ?

1 Like

Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by Slimjim6969(m): 10:08pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ukraine is about to be partition into east and west,this zelinskey na mumu,u think being a president in a movie series is same as real president.even the man that make him famous (Igor kolomoisky)has fled Ukraine and now in Switzerland.
oshozondii:

https://independent.ng/war-ukraine-will-not-join-nato-zelensky-surrenders/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by AbuAeesha: 10:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
Totilopussylick:
But, will not joining the NATO stop the Russian soldiers invasion in Ukraine

I'm curious angry
hopefully it will
Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by Slimjim6969(m): 10:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ukraine is about to be partition into east and west,this zelinskey na mumu,u think being a president in a movie series is same as real life president.even the man that make him famous (Igor kolomoisky)has fled Ukraine and now in Switzerland.
oshozondii:

https://independent.ng/war-ukraine-will-not-join-nato-zelensky-surrenders/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by OsborneDynamic: 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2022
He should have learned from Jonathan, that fighting to join Nato does not worth the life of His Citizens. EU told Him nobody joined EU overnight and turned down His request. NATO said we can't fight for you, you are not a member,but they all pushed him to war with russia, they should be held for war crimes. Russia is a world power just the way The US, UK and Germany are, you don't expect them to be pushed around easily

1 Like

Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 15, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Boy that ain't no surrender..stop painting your headline to soothe Putin's puppet..
“We have heard for years that the doors were open, but we also heard that we could not join. It’s a truth and it must be recognized,” Zelensky said.

What has that got to do with surrendering.. where did he say he surrendered?
We could not join... wink

Modified:looks like the mods edited the op's headline or he did that himself.. grin

Better go and read for exams

1 Like

Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
Penguin2:
Putin’s Nairaland urchins will be happy.

Please can you fools tell your master to withdraw the retards he sent to Ukraine now?

Or is there anything else he wants?

Kids all over NL
Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by Danmisra(m): 10:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
The Ukrainian president wants to turn Ukraine into another Israel for the Jews, but then Putin said" you can't bring this inhumanity to our borders. Just sacrificing his citizens for america and its allies. Nice job by putin
Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by Princewill1(m): 11:53pm On Mar 15, 2022
Let me repost some of my comments since the start of this war. Zelensky is truly a JOKE!

"Zelensky is currently the dumbest president in world today.

Imagine plugging a poor country like Ukraine into a war between US and Russia.

While there are wanton human and infrastructural destruction going on in Ukraine. People in Washington and Moscow are sipping their coffees.

It's like making your home, the battleground of an international conflict.

How dumb can a president be?"
--March 5th 2022.

[b]"Ukraine is among the top five most poorest countries in Europe. Economic growth and prosperity should have been the top national priority for a country with such an unfortunate outlook.

All Ukraine have to do was to declare neutrality in the conflict between NATO & Russia by simply joining non alliance countries. By so doing they can work with both Western countries and Russia/China bloc and become free to focus primarily on their economic upliftment.

Putin is not interested in annexing Ukraine, his only concerned with Ukraine was her forming of "military alliance" with the West(his arch enemy), which is clearly a legitimate concern. Ukraine joining NATO is obviously a threat to the existence of Russia.

Putin even acted lately, If I were him, I would've acted earlier. No Western country will condone such threat. That was the same reason America invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. That was the same reason Israel has been threatening to invade Iran if they didn't halt their uranium enrichment.

Don't fall for to the Western media propaganda and their govt's hypocrisy. America will even do worse than what Russia is doing today if they were to face such an existential threat. Remember America's threat to invade Cuba during the Cuba missile crisis of 1962."[/b] -- March 6th 2022.
Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by Owen247: 12:09am On Mar 16, 2022
Armaggedon:
CIA might soon assassinate him and blame Russia.
no be lie.
Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by Owen247: 12:16am On Mar 16, 2022
tammie24:
Sense don dey come your head small small

But Putin should bombard them a little more so that they won't even think about it again not to talk of giving it consideration
chia,comrade easy abt d bombardment,lol.

1 Like

Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by chucks4sure: 2:40am On Mar 16, 2022
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMiSQAGOS4 [/url]

Why is Ukraine the West's Fault? Featuring John Mearsheimer
UnCommon Core: The Causes and Consequences of the Ukraine Crisis

John J. Mearsheimer, the R. Wendell Harrison Distinguished Service Professor in Political Science and Co-director of the Program on International Security Policy at the University of Chicago, assesses the causes of the present Ukraine crisis, the best way to end it, and its consequences for all of the main actors. A key assumption is that in order to come up with the optimum plan for ending the crisis, it is essential to know what caused the crisis. Regarding the all-important question of causes, the key issue is whether Russia or the West bears primary responsibility.
Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by Bluffly: 5:10am On Mar 16, 2022
chatinent:
Why would they want to join NATO when NATO left them to fight their battles when they needed them most?

Laslas, the US is the biggest trouble maker in the world acting like the world police...only policing you when they feel you will outgrow them.
Get your facts right. Why exactly will USA led NATO pickup Ukraine's battle. There must be a leader in everything, if that is a source of hatred for your then go and deal with it.
Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by adeolaben(m): 6:10am On Mar 16, 2022
Penguin2:
Putin’s Nairaland urchins will be happy.

Please can you fools tell your master to withdraw the retards he sent to Ukraine now?

Or is there anything else he wants?
Bro, no be by urchin stuff, I was a student in lugansk btw 2004/5 and when I finished my course and i came back to naija ... See those people from lugansk, Donetsk, dnipropetrovsk, zgaporizhya, Sevastopol, sumy, kherson, and kharkov .... Are more of being Russian and not Ukrainian both in language and culture with tradition.... This issue of breakaway had been looming too.... I learnt about this since 2005 before coming back home in 2006...... Mind you I'm not an apologist... Even my ex-girl friend run comot Kiev.... She tell me say , the Russian soldiers are brutal .... Forget the western media propaganda..... She is from nizhny Novgorod , Russia herself...... But I still wish the war ends very soon ..
Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by silverlinen(m): 6:48am On Mar 16, 2022
PapalsBull:
[s][/s]
Vladimir Putin, world most powerful man.

Kiss the truth
World most powerful man indeed
And with his supposedly strong army, he hasn't been able to capture kyiv....is your delusion spiritual or physical?
Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by Infamous(m): 7:27am On Mar 16, 2022
Helpfromabove1:
The man is surely a bad leader , why didn't you do this in the first place , u allowed you citizen to die in numbers over a battle that is not necessary , u allowed the west to use and dump u , the battle was never urs it's a battle between Russia and the west not Ukraine
U and Putin are thesame stubborn fools
Putin is the stubborn one while Zelensky is the foolish one.
The war benefitted him. He got more social media followers. Maybe he’ll become an influencer

1 Like

Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by monex(m): 7:46am On Mar 16, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Ooh you were expecting NATO to engage themself in a war that doesn't directly affect them or their members..
If NATO was to attack Russia you folks will still come here to complain and blame USA as usual.. grin

exactly. NATO can only fight if their members are attacked else it would be considered by Russia to be a provocation
Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by Penguin2: 8:38am On Mar 16, 2022
adeolaben:

Bro, no be by urchin stuff, I was a student in lugansk btw 2004/5 and when I finished my course and i came back to naija ... See those people from lugansk, Donetsk, dnipropetrovsk, zgaporizhya, Sevastopol, sumy, kherson, and kharkov .... Are more of being Russian and not Ukrainian both in language and culture with tradition.... This issue of breakaway had been looming too.... I learnt about this since 2005 before coming back home in 2006...... Mind you I'm not an apologist... Even my ex-girl friend run comot Kiev.... She tell me say , the Russian soldiers are brutal .... Forget the western media propaganda..... She is from nizhny Novgorod , Russia herself...... But I still wish the war ends very soon ..

Thank you for the insightful reply.

However, if Russia so valued those parts you mentioned that are peopled by Russians, why not just support their independence? Does it therefore justify Russian invasion of the entire country?

Secondly if we go by that line of thinking, then Nigeria should invade Benin Republic since there are Yoruba speakers there or Niger Republic because there are Hausa/Fulfude speakers in the country.
Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 16, 2022
Penguin2:

However, if Russia so valued those parts you mentioned that are peopled by Russians, why not just support their independence? Does it therefore justify Russian invasion of the entire country?

Secondly if we go by that line of thinking, then Nigeria should invade Benin Republic since there are Yoruba speakers there or Niger Republic because there are Hausa/Fulfude speakers in the country.

You miss the point.
See World politics is not a fair game okay? Things are not ABC in it .
What Russia did is not right no one is saying otherwise, You can't justify invading a sovereign state. But the truth is The west did not give Russia much of a choice. And by the west I mean 70% America,other are just playing along. They never thought it just to review this issue for how long now? Even when Russia has constantly registered it dissatisfaction. And they encourage Ukraine not to be intimidated, Nato even invited Ukraine for membership please do your research, my question now is why invite when you are not ready to admit? They were just using Ukraine as bait for Russian not to necessary engage Russia in a fight but to kill it economically and isolate it there by reducing it strength.
But the fear now is it might even get to Military confrontation by all involved and that World war. This I hope doesn't happen, but it stand 50% chance right now.

The point is all countries are never on same level ground. Just as it okay for you to accept different classes of the society you should understand and accept that they are countries that are super powers and you don't fight a war you know you stand no chance of winning all in the name of bravery and hope of help.

1 Like

Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by Helpfromabove1(m): 12:51pm On Mar 16, 2022
Vondoola:

Why did Putin behave like a fearful leader. He had the time and effort to have called for a round table dialogue with Zelensky and agree on areas not convenient for him to stomach. Instead he took a fruitless plunge hoping NATO would come calling to enable him test his crap weapons or ultimately his new nuke that is capable of destroying the world. However, NATO is more intelligent in this regard. He has shown to the world that his army lacks the capacity to actually stage a reconnaissance action successfully. Russia can and will be easily dealt with nukes apart.

Like I said the war was between Russia and NATO , zelensky should have been more wiser to have approached Putin for peaceful resolution in other to avoid the mass distruction of properties and the life of Ukrainian.

The war was not for Ukraine but zelensky allowed the west to use him thinking them will fight with him
Re: War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky by adeolaben(m): 9:17pm On Mar 16, 2022
Penguin2:

Bro, you are correct, but independence comes with a struggle.... The Ukrainian government has been waging war In donestk since 2013/14 killing civilians and we don't get hear it on news..

Though it doesn't justify the Russian invasion of the whole Ukraine ..... Bad on Putin side..... Though it's their war.... We have more pressing issues in 9ja......
Me self I don tire for the Ukraine Russian matter.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Heat Wave Grips Canada, US; Scores Dead / Israeli Troops Raid Home Of Saleh al-Aruri, Hamas Leader, Detain Family Members / Ukraine Blocks Trans Women Refugees: "They Are Men, Must Go Back & Fight"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.