Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,507 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme (10291 Views)

Lagos Launches ₦5 Billion Recovery Support For Stakeholders In Education Sector / How Good Is Abu's MBA Distance Learning Programme? / UNIABUJA 2017/2018 Pre-degree Form, Sandwich Programme And Jupeb Form Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by Shikena(m): 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2022
This should be adopted as a national policy, as a matter of urgency!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by olisaEze(m): 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2022
Yes, when it is described like this, one can’t help but be excited with policies like dis! A comprehensive secondary education in which the student is prepared for a life with or without further education. Dis might just be the lasting legacy Jide Sanwo-olu has been looking for, ie if he ensures its continuity after he leaves office. Engage dis kids properly and watch how drug dependency, online fraud & high cost of olosho will decline. The last part na im dey pain me pass, because the amount some of these small girls dey bill nowadays suppose dey come with invoice. But they’ve never been gainfully employed so they don’t care!! undecided
Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by Shikena(m): 4:00pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ykc2:
any state giving what was giving to lagos and the state is not performing then something is wrong,people pay through their noses in lagos
Talk of 'giving' or 'given', no state in Nigeria should give any excuse. The people should question their governors on allocations, monthly security vote, world bank assistance, random funds (e.g. Paris club refund that Buhari mandated should be distributed to them) etc. Enough with the excuses.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by drlateef: 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2022
Lagos is the benchmark in sustainable development in Nigeria. And Tinubu laid the foundation for progressive leaders in Nigeria. Why do some people oppose this man leading Nigeria? They say bullion van, hard drugs, everything they labelled him with. Yet he is undaunted and willing to save Nigeria like he has done in Lagos. Why can’t people give him a chance? Are we agents of retrogression in Nigeria? I am not against the youth mounting the leadership but they need to learn the ropes like we do in developed countries. Monica Lewinsky was an intern in political office of Bill Clinton. Though she learnt something else lol. But in political offices in developed world, young boys and girls are learning the rudiments of good political leadership. In Nigeria, our youth are renting expensive houses in Banana Island and lodging in expensive hotels doing yahoo yahoo, killing poor girls and young kids for rituals. Yet they want to use that experience to rule Nigeria. Many of them are brain damaged from tramadol, codeine and Mkpuru mirin use. Yet they want to rule Nigeria. Can someone guess the outcome of such a leadership apprenticeship?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by VEXT: 5:12pm On Mar 16, 2022
obiekunie01:

what is the meaning of the bold?

you are igbo and so

Besides, when last did you even visit igbo land??

Are you even aware that those school in the pics are not even up to the level of schools in southeast?

Are you even aware that schools in the east are so top class they have been winning global awards for the past 15 years??

ogbomoso man! stop claiming igbo. stop pretending to be who you are not.

lest i forget - those white kids are actually in secondary school in oba! grundtvic

Envy, jealousy

1 Like

Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by delpee(f): 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2022
GboyegaD:
Proud to be an alumnus of the first comprehensive high school in Nigeria, CHS Ayetoro.

One thing comes to mind though, do these schools have the amenities for the vocational subjects? Back then in my school there was an introductory technology/wood/metal work lab, a home economics/food and nutrition lab, a fine art lab, a 13acre agricultural farm etc.

Compro! A very good school built by the Ford Foundation for the Western Region then. The school site was bigger than many University campuses today with good infrastructure. Some Americans taught there in the late 60s to early 70s. Sadly, it seems to have fallen apart over time due to negligence and policy changes by OGSG and maybe FG.
Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by StudyOverseas: 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2022
We are an information hub for Nigerian students who are planning to study and work overseas.

Our blog offers important information to Nigerian students about graduate job opportunities, relocation and student visa information: https://studyoverseas.net/
Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by GboyegaD(m): 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2022
delpee:

Compro! A very good school built by the Ford Foundation for the Western Region then. The school site was bigger than many University campuses today with good infrastructure. Some Americans taught there in the late 60s to early 70s. Sadly, it seems to have fallen apart over time due to negligence and policy changes by OGSG and maybe FG.

The Ogun State Government took over in December 1991 and there was a difference the following term as the teachers no longer showed concern if we had chairs to sit on and other basic stuffs.
Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by Aaay: 9:01pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by vincentjk(m): 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
obiekunie01:

you are igbo and so

Are you even aware that those school in the pics are not even up to the level of schools in southeast?

Are you even aware that schools in the east are so top class they have been winning global awards for the past 15 years??

lest i forget - those white kids are actually in secondary school in oba! grundtvic

Sorry if you didn't like what I typed up there but that doesn't make an ogbomoso man o biko

I'm from anambra bro, am impressed with the things you posted wow, didn't know such exist over there.
Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by Murphyenemuwe: 4:39am On Mar 17, 2022
We've been working on a research in improving systems of education in Nigeria. You can Google RISE project online. And I must admit it's a very good development from Lagos state government. This particular project launched has never be conceived in Anambra let alone implementing such thing. Tribalism shouldn't blind your sense of reasoning. To make matter worse u had to post a private school in Anambra with white kids. Where whites have been schooling in ibadan for years, let alone outskirts of Lagos like lakue even ogun state. I'm not a Yoruba man but I can't just stomach it when people become bitter because another state with different tribe take a bolder step on any sector. Please prove me wrong by providing providing evidences this is happening in Anambra. It's very obvious you never took time to read the article cos of the hatred in u. A project was launched to curtail the ever increase of out of school children ( students in public school) you're bringing up a picture of a private school in Anambra. I know so many igbos in my family and around me they are wise so I will put a tag of ignorance on u and not generalize it to the whole Igbo race. And please never ever in your life compare Anambra to Lagos. It's like comparing a 2yr old girl to a matured woman. They are both females but levels different. Check my name I'm not a Yoruba man. I have to state that because I know tribal idiots are always on this forum to masturbate on news like this and any dissecting opinion makes you think everyone that is not supporting u is from the other tribe. Quit being silly u can't achieve much in life if you have this kind of mindset.
obiekunie01:

you are igbo and so

Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by obiekunie01: 9:27am On Mar 17, 2022
Murphyenemuwe:
We've been working on a research in improving systems of education in Nigeria. You can Google RISE project online. And I must admit it's a very good development from Lagos state government. This particular project launched has never be conceived in Anambra let alone implementing such thing. Tribalism shouldn't blind your sense of reasoning. To make matter worse u had to post a private school in Anambra with white kids. Where whites have been schooling in ibadan for years, let alone outskirts of Lagos like lakue even ogun state. I'm not a Yoruba man but I can't just stomach it when people become bitter because another state with different tribe take a bolder step on any sector. Please prove me wrong by providing providing evidences this is happening in Anambra. It's very obvious you never took time to read the article cos of the hatred in u. A project was launched to curtail the ever increase of out of school children ( students in public schools) you're bringing up a picture of a private school in Anambra. I know so many igbos in my family and around me they are wise so I will put a tag of ignorance on u and not generalize it to the whole Igbo race. And please never ever in your life compare Anambra to Lagos. It's like comparing a 2yr old girl to a matured woman. They are both females but levels different. Check my name I'm not a Yoruba man. I have to state that because I know tribal idiots are always on this forum to masturbate on news like this and any dissecting dissenting opinion makes you think everyone that is not supporting u is from the other tribe. Quit being silly u can't achieve much in life if you have this kind of mindset.

Please first learn the use of sentence paragraphing. Your write up is such an eyesore!

If an obvious illiterate is into research on education in Nigeria, i can now fully understand why our education system is heading for a total collapse!

You claim not to be a tribalist and yet your post stinks of hate and tribalism - what a hypocrite!

Its dissenting NOT dissecting.

Oh and i totally agree with you on Anambra state being far more developed than Lagos - considering the huge IGR of Lagos State, you truly cannot compare Lagos to Anambra State bc despite our meager IGR in Anambra State, if the comparison is based on percentage ratio of IGR and allocations, we are 50% ahead of the slum and criminal den called Lagos.

NOW YOU HAVE YOUR FIVE MINUTES OF EMBARRASSING FAME, DO RUN ALONG!
Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by Murphyenemuwe: 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
I chided you because you reacted to the thread out of hatred for Lagos state. A place almost everybody in your region sees as a safe haven. In argument learn how to stay within the premise of the subject matter. Your comment to thread shows how half educated you're. A project was launched by a state government for public schools to reduce out of school children on the streets you jumped on the thread uploading a picture of a private school and you even had to emphasize on the whites in the school. That alone gave you out. Whites have been schooling in ibadan since the 90s let alone Lagos state. For you to pride in such shows how backward you're. So leaving a comment on nairaland while doing so many things at the same time warrants me to proof read? I never knew it's a literature review or PhD thesis. Take it or leave it you messed up with your comment on the comprehensive school project. It's either you lack simple comprehension or you allowed hatred to paint you as being ignorant. These guys are far ahead of you. You even used IGR as an excuse for your failure. I never knew Lagos and Anambra have the same population and the same annual expenditure. You're the big illiterate here bro. Your comment reeks of ignorance and foolishness. IGR doesn't fall from the sky it's determined by conscious effort and planning from the state government which includes providing an enabling environment for business to thrive. If your father's have done the same thing their mates in Lagos did, your people won't be running away from your state to Lagos before they can set up a business and maximize profit. What you wanted to say up there is revenue allocation I suppose. But if it's actually IGR you have in your mind then you're the illiterate here. Even in your home movies a guy must leave the east for Lagos before a success story line is made. Respect to reasonable easterners tho. You can help out in modifying my comment by paragraphing and all necessary things while I go ahead with productive things. Scholar

Murphyenemuwe:
We've been working on a research in improving systems of education in Nigeria. You can Google RISE project online. And I must admit it's a very good development from Lagos state government. This particular project launched has never be conceived in Anambra let alone implementing such thing. Tribalism shouldn't blind your sense of reasoning. To make matter worse u had to post a private school in Anambra with white kids. Where whites have been schooling in ibadan for years, let alone outskirts of Lagos like lakue even ogun state. I'm not a Yoruba man but I can't just stomach it when people become bitter because another state with different tribe take a bolder step on any sector. Please prove me wrong by providing providing evidences this is happening in Anambra. It's very obvious you never took time to read the article cos of the hatred in u. A project was launched to curtail the ever increase of out of school children ( students in public school) you're bringing up a picture of a private school in Anambra. I know so many igbos in my family and around me they are wise so I will put a tag of ignorance on u and not generalize it to the whole Igbo race. And please never ever in your life compare Anambra to Lagos. It's like comparing a 2yr old girl to a matured woman. They are both females but levels different. Check my name I'm not a Yoruba man. I have to state that because I know tribal idiots are always on this forum to masturbate on news like this and any dissecting opinion makes you think everyone that is not supporting u is from the other tribe. Quit being silly u can't achieve much in life if you have this kind of mindset.
Re: Lagos launches Comprehensive Schools Programme by delpee(f): 11:32am On Mar 22, 2022
GboyegaD:

The Ogun State Government took over in December 1991 and there was a difference the following term as the teachers no longer showed concern if we had chairs to sit on and other basic stuffs.

Very sad indeed!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Know Why Dead Bodies Float After 24 Hours / University Of Ibadan 2008/2009 Admission Exercise New Release / Unilorin Accommodation Online: Limited Space.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.