Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation (22256 Views)

US Plans To Station Nuclear Weapons In UK As Threat Of WW3 With Russia Increases / Why Argentina Devalued Its Currency, Jacked Up Interest Rates To 118% / Ghana Protests Over Inflation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation by Eriokanmi: 10:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
Bollinga:

That war wouldn't have happened if trump were to be the US president
Pls explain
Re: U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation by aribs(m): 11:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
[quote author=Geniuelander post=111128371][/quote]
Sigh…: an unintelligent troll
Re: U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation by LandMann: 11:55pm On Mar 17, 2022
atiku07:

Olodo if the dollars get hits it is a win for the Naira get it

Donkey.
Go study any basic economics textbook and read before putting your stinking ignorance on display without shame.
Re: U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation by Geniuelander: 12:14am On Mar 18, 2022
aribs:

Sigh…: an unintelligent troll

Re: U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation by pawpawsir: 3:32am On Mar 18, 2022
The US Economy is now $24 Trillion annually, so increasing the interest rate will stabilize the economy for years to come because over 160 million people are working in the US. A 2.5% growth or $900 billion growth a year is better for the US economy of 335 million people.

President Biden at 80 is doing a really great Job for the US. Biden Made in America plan to Boost manufacturing, clean energy, electric charging stations, chip production and infrastructure investment will really make America great for many years to come.

Trump tried to divide America, destroy NATO and reduce America standing in the world. Biden, a matured 80 year old man, did the opposite and made America very great for many years to come.

The US economy is too strong. In America bank account, we have over $2.5 trillion to spend. Before The Pandemic in 2020, maybe there was only $500 billion in Savings account in the US. Even as an individual, I know how Blessed I am in the USA right now.

Nigeria economy of $480 Billion a year, with 215 million people comparing them selves to a $24 Trillion a year USA machine.

Imagine, if the US was not importing a lot of things from other countries like China that depend on us (they subtract $1 trillion every year from US economy), the economy would have been $25 Trillion by now.

And all you war monger here, I am glad we have Biden as our president, he is not arrogant. The strongest and technology advanced military in the world, doesn't have to proof they are the strongest. The US has over 800 military bases around the world, and logistically ready to fight any war to win, then add their alliance with NATO. Biden Thank you
Re: U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation by charlesdprof(m): 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Sharap , there is is nothing like global economy in this instance, both men are absolutely useless leaders , we can point out all their actions that led to the problems being faced today
I don't argue with foolish people like you.
Re: U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation by SarkinYarki: 9:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
charlesdprof:
I don't argue with foolish people like you.

Gerrat with your cram cram brain
Re: U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation by hermesprogidy(m): 6:44pm On May 09, 2022
abbey621:

Again I'll answer your question by saying you need to stick to facts. Stocks rally or drop based on several factors from market sentiments to global recession. When you say stock flatlined are you talking about scalping? Hourly? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? What chart are you looking at?

Furthermore, you honestly believe the stock market declining today has anything to do with interest rate increase more than it has to do with Ukraine, global supply crisis and inflation? Here's one way to burst your theory? Before yesterday what was it? Can you compare it to the previous week? Do you see a positive or negative correlation? You'll be surprised to know that stocks have been declining well before the interest rate increase hence your theory in this particular situation is not applicable.

Finally, as someone who has traded forex, stocks and bonds for over 15 years now, I can tell you one thing, you're missing context, before news like this can affect the market positively or negatively you must consider what was the expectation? Were investors/consumers expecting the rate increase or was it a surprise? This determines how the market moves. For example if they were expecting 0.25 point increase but the feds left interest rate at 0.25 then it could signal that the economy is still too weak and needs to be stimulated, conversely, if they were expecting no rate increase and the feds increased by 1 points, it could mean the feds are trying to combat inflation and the market can react negatively or not at all, notice the keyword "EXPECTING".
Mr analyst, can you explain why Bitcoin has come crashing down since the half percentage increase in interest rate by the Feds? I had this long to rub this poo in your sucky face.
Re: U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation by hermesprogidy(m): 6:53pm On May 09, 2022
abbey621:

Again I'll answer your question by saying you need to stick to facts. Stocks rally or drop based on several factors from market sentiments to global recession. When you say stock flatlined are you talking about scalping? Hourly? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? What chart are you looking at?

Furthermore, you honestly believe the stock market declining today has anything to do with interest rate increase more than it has to do with Ukraine, global supply crisis and inflation? Here's one way to burst your theory? Before yesterday what was it? Can you compare it to the previous week? Do you see a positive or negative correlation? You'll be surprised to know that stocks have been declining well before the interest rate increase hence your theory in this particular situation is not applicable.

Finally, as someone who has traded forex, stocks and bonds for over 15 years now, I can tell you one thing, you're missing context, before news like this can affect the market positively or negatively you must consider what was the expectation? Were investors/consumers expecting the rate increase or was it a surprise? This determines how the market moves. For example if they were expecting 0.25 point increase but the feds left interest rate at 0.25 then it could signal that the economy is still too weak and needs to be stimulated, conversely, if they were expecting no rate increase and the feds increased by 1 points, it could mean the feds are trying to combat inflation and the market can react negatively or not at all, notice the keyword "EXPECTING".
Mr "I have 15 years experience in stocks and bonds" can you please explain why the crypo market and stock market has been going down since the increase in interest rate by the Feds? Don't bother answering, it's a rhetorical question. Wack analyst.
Re: U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation by abbey621(m): 9:13pm On May 09, 2022
hermesprogidy:

Mr analyst, can you explain why Bitcoin has come crashing down since the half percentage increase in interest rate by the Feds? I had this long to rub this poo in your sucky face.

Oponu, Bitcoin is down 46% since last year, it has been trending down for months now, so don't pin it on interest rate dumb ass!
Re: U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation by abbey621(m): 9:17pm On May 09, 2022
hermesprogidy:

Mr "I have 15 years experience in stocks and bonds" can you please explain why the crypo market and stock market has been going down since the increase in interest rate by the Feds? Don't bother answering, it's a rhetorical question. Wack analyst.

Again another stat you pulled from your ass! Stock market has been bearish since global supply shortage and the Russian Ukraine war, nice try tho, you almost made sense grin grin grin
Re: U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation by hermesprogidy(m): 11:16pm On May 09, 2022
abbey621:

Oponu, Bitcoin is down 46% since last year, it has been trending down for months now, so don't pin it on interest rate dumb ass!
Lol.. Copy and paste analyst. I only pity those who give you money to manage. Troglodyte.
Re: U.S Increases Interest Rates, Signals Aggressive Battle Against Inflation by abbey621(m): 1:16am On May 10, 2022
hermesprogidy:

Lol.. Copy and paste analyst. I only pity those who give you money to manage. Troglodyte.

Mumu pity yourself, you dey pity American Fortune 500 company, you see say your head don knack ground grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Keir Stammer Kicked Out Of Pub For Supporting COVID-19 Lockdown / AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power / Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.