Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? (3371 Views)

I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? / Please How Do I Stop This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Cooolme: 10:22pm On Mar 16, 2022
Greetings everyone.
I started living with my uncle who's married after my secondary School and he's also been assisting me in the University. He's been acting very harsh towards me since late 2020 and this is affecting my relationship with him to the point I hardly go to his place even during breaks from school.
I'm 19 currently in my final year and since quarter of last year I've been making huge incomes, my financial turn around started before my industrial training and I didn't stay in his house throughout that period even tho we were in the same town. When the family heard this, they started to query me on why I left his place and truth was that I informed him about my IT and if he has anywhere I could do it and he didn't even respond positively. So I left his place and even at that he didn't want to know where I was at that time, I got an apartment and was hustling while doing my IT.
At the end of the program, I came back to his house but he didn't even change rather he behaves as if I don't exist. I behave like I have nothing when with him and make sure to wash his car every morning before he goes out, even if he treats me like a rag I'm very humble to him. He told me last year not to demand any form of financial assistance from him even when he knows my father is ill and can't provide, so I've been self dependent with little assistance from my aunties and despite that I also ask him for cash too.
I just renewed my parents rent of over 700k at their base and I'm thinking of actually renting my own place in this town and also getting a small car I'll be using to move around after fully setting up my business, should I wait till after graduation or go ahead?
Cos staying at his place is robbing me off my peace of mind.
Modified;
Pls I'm only asking for advice based on my next move and almost everyone's laying emphasis on my income.
I have friends abroad younger than me, more skilled than I am currently making more money than what I make here. Everyone have their purpose in life, all these things don't mean anything to me honestly cos I'm not where I want to be yet.
You shouldn't be surprised pls

4 Likes

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Goldbw122(m): 10:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
Stay like that don't reveal yourself, people don't like progress...
Prepare yourself to move and find a good place for yourself, peace of mind is next to none.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Kennyliga112: 10:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
Cooolme:
Greetings everyone.
I started living with my uncle who's married after my secondary School and he's also been assisting me in the University. He's been acting very harsh towards me since late 2020 and this is affecting my relationship with him to the point I hardly go to his place even during breaks from school.
I'm 19 currently in my final year and since quarter of last year I've been making huge incomes monthly, my financial turn around started before my industrial training and I didn't stay in his house throughout that period even tho we were in the same town. When the family heard this, they started to query me on why I left his place and truth was that I informed him about my IT and if he has anywhere I could do it and he didn't even respond positively. So I left his place and even at that he didn't want to know where I was at that time, I got an apartment and was hustling while doing my IT.
At the end of the program, I came back to his house but he didn't even change rather he behaves as if I don't exist. I behave like I have nothing when with him and make sure to wash his car every morning before he goes out, even if he treats me like a rag I'm very humble to him. He told me last year not to demand any form of financial assistance from him even when he knows my father is ill and can't provide, so I've been self dependent with little assistance from my aunties and despite that I also ask him for cash too.
I just renewed my parents rent of over 700k at their base and I'm thinking of actually renting my own place in this town and also getting a small car I'll be using to move around after fully setting up my business, should I wait till after graduation or go ahead?
Kindly go ahead and rent your own place,but don’t leave his house with quarrel , leave peacefully

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Fisiryorh(m): 11:30pm On Mar 16, 2022
Goldbw122:
Prepare yourself to move and find a good place for yourself, peace of mind is next to none.

Gbam.... cool
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by stacyadams: 11:50pm On Mar 16, 2022
Cooolme:
Greetings everyone.
I'm 19 currently in my final year and since quarter of last year I've been making huge incomes monthly, my financial turn around started before my industrial training and I didn't stay in his house throughout that period even tho we were in the same town. When the family heard this, they started to query me on why I left his place and truth was that I informed him about my IT and if he has anywhere I could do it and he didn't even respond positively. So I left his place and even at that he didn't want to know where I was at that time, I got an apartment and was hustling while doing my IT.

Mbok .what business u doing.no vex

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Richy4(m): 12:01am On Mar 17, 2022
What is the basic year to sit for JAMB in Nigeria again?...Just wondering how a 19 year old would be in Final year...Plus/minus ASSU strike....A lot of teenager abroad starts Uni 18/19 years...

No wonder lecturers ask university undergraduates to kneel down without batting an eyelid embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Cooolme: 12:50am On Mar 17, 2022
Richy4:
What is the basic year to sit for JAMB in Nigeria again?...Just wondering how a 19 year old would be in Final year...Plus/minus ASSU strike....A lot of teenager abroad starts Uni 18/19 years...

No wonder lecturers ask university undergraduates to kneel down without batting an eyelid embarassed
I'll be 20 by December, got into school quite early.
BTW ASSU strike doesn't affect my school academic calendar.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Cooolme: 12:53am On Mar 17, 2022
Goldbw122:
I don't know, he doesn't care about my well-being that's why I came up with the idea of staying on my own.
Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Cooolme: 12:55am On Mar 17, 2022
Kennyliga112:
Kindly go ahead and rent your own place,but don’t leave his house with quarrel , leave peacefully
Of course I'm peaceful and I avoid any kind of trouble with him, even tho he's a very problematic person.
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Cooolme: 11:00am On Mar 17, 2022
stacyadams:

Web and so much more

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by tayo60(f): 11:56am On Mar 17, 2022
Paying your parents rent of over700k, when they are supposed to be living in their own house. When will they continue to pay rent? Instead of using d money for something people will question its source because of your age, why not get a land and develop it first, then move your parents in. Then continue to hustle. Just don't go into internet frauding o.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by stacyadams: 12:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
Cooolme:

Web and so much more

OK bro
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by gfon(m): 6:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
Cooolme:

Web and so much more
best to rent your own place so you can concentrate on yourself bro.But can I pm ya bro?
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Cooolme: 8:45pm On Mar 17, 2022
tayo60:
Paying your parents rent of over700k, when they are supposed to be living in their own house. When will they continue to pay rent? Instead of using d money for something people will question its source because of your age, why not get a land and develop it first, then move your parents in. Then continue to hustle. Just don't go into internet frauding o.

Well, my dad isn't alright and I've always wanted them to come over to this town where I'm based but there have been hindrance due to my mom's job and besides cost of living here is much more affordable.
I have plans to setup a family house here BTW, pls I'm not into internet fraud.
Thanks
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by jimmyolasun: 6:55am On Mar 18, 2022
stacyadams:

shey you no see say naa Yahoo boy composition he give you... All way naa way shaa

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Cooolme: 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2022
jimmyolasun:
shey you no see say naa Yahoo boy composition he give you... All way naa way shaa
Why do you all feel everyone young earning good income these days are into Yahoo.
I make 6 digits every month from Google.
Die this mindset pls.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Medianna(f): 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2022
Did I just see 19 abi am seeing double?
Final year in uni. Huge financial turn out, when not long ago you needed financial help from your uncle cuz daddy is not doing well.(that mean dad is not doing financially well either)

Abeg which God you dey serve? Share the testimony.
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Medianna(f): 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2022
Cooolme:

Why do you all feel everyone young earning good income these days are into Yahoo.
I make 6 digits every month from Google.
Die this mindset pls.

Bros...in every financial turn out. Time is a factor. Its not the amount that matters but the time you spent to get the amount the amount of cash..
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Rubyjade: 8:34am On Mar 19, 2022
Cooolme:
Greetings everyone.
Set up the business first before buying the car then rent your own place and get married because early marriage is the best

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:54am On Mar 19, 2022
Medianna:
Final year in uni. Huge financial turn out, when not long ago you needed financial help from your uncle cuz daddy is not doing well.(that mean dad is not doing financially well either)

lol.

The world is changing, there're a lot of 16 - 19 year old legit millionaires. Yes in 9ja.

Some gen. we're introduced to video games.

Some to Internet.

And now web3 and how to make money with the internet.
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Medianna(f): 9:30am On Mar 19, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

lol.

The world is changing, there're a lot of 16 - 19 year old legit millionaires. Yes in 9ja.

Some gen. we're introduced to video games.

Some to Internet.

And now web3 and how to make money with the internet.

I know what a 19 year old looks like especially a male child..

I'm not saying OP is not lying or telling the truth.
But I, Medianna will not and cannot fall for that story of making millions within a very short period of time.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 9:38am On Mar 19, 2022
Medianna:

I know what a 19 year old looks like especially a male child..

I'm not saying OP is not lying or telling the truth.
But I, Medianna will not and cannot fall for that story of making millions within a very short period of time.

Okay, If you haven't seen; you could read:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/01/24/couple-earned-nearly-120000-dollars-in-6-hours-selling-nfts.html
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Medianna(f): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

Okay, If you haven't seen; you could read:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/01/24/couple-earned-nearly-120000-dollars-in-6-hours-selling-nfts.html

You still don't get my definition of time here.

See. As a civil servent for instances

When you start work ehn, you may be earning 150 in a month.
But as time goes on, you can be earning 1m in a month. That can take you like 20 years.

As a business man when you start you earn small small but as time goes on you can be lying in your bed without lifting a finger and money will be entering your account..

There is a time factor in everything.
How much capital did one put in the online business.
The worth of the business. And all that.
I know that those couple did not just state earning that amount at a go, or stated the business last year
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by emmanuelbrown26: 10:08am On Mar 19, 2022
Medianna:

But as time goes on, you can be earning 1m in a month. That can take you like 20 years.

As a business man when you start you earn small small but as time goes on you can be lying in your bed without lifting a finger and money will be entering your account..

I know that those couple did not just state earning that amount at a go, or stated the business last year
One of d few positive and wise ladies we hv here. I know what 19years look like and I know bosses that are guru and years in d field of web or IT
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 10:21am On Mar 19, 2022
Medianna:

Do you consider 6 months - 1 year a good time factor to earn cool money?

BTW, the OP is 19, you don't know when he started grinding and 'up-skilling'. The're so many 16 year old breaking the walls and doing amazing things. Go out and see.
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Medianna(f): 10:35am On Mar 19, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

Do you consider 6 months - 1 year a good time factor to earn cool money?

BTW, the OP is 19, you don't know when he started grinding and 'up-skilling'. The're so many 16 year old breaking the walls and doing amazing things. Go out and see.

You just like arguing right?
6-12month.. Well.It depends on the service. But we all know how this online stuff works na.

If you follow his story well you will find out that as at last year he was still depending on relative. So the money just started entering his account boom.
Sotey he has gotten enough for himself and popsy and house rent
If he had enough money like that as at last year his uncle will not be showing him nonsense. Cuz money stops nonsense.
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Medianna(f): 10:36am On Mar 19, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

One of d few positive and wise ladies we hv here. I know what 19years look like and I know bosses that are guru and years in d field of web or IT
Hmm
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 19, 2022
Richy4:

Seriously the education board should start restricting most of these things, my aunt's kids in the UK the eldest is 20 and he's still in highschool, what they teach them in their schools is a double of what our universities teach us....it means all what we've learnt in secondary schools should've been taught in primary
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 19, 2022
Rubyjade:
Set up the business first before buying the car then rent your own place and get married because early marriage is the best
Which kind stressful and useless marriage advice be this?
Op if you want to live long, goan marry an ethiopian girl
Or better still don't get married, just do like ronaldo and hv kids via surrogacy

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by yunqdady: 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
Richy4:

Because life was hard for you doesn't mean others must have it rough. You jealous sadist
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Richy4(m): 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2022
yunqdady:

Because life was hard for you doesn't mean others must have it rough. You jealous sadist
Hmmm!!! Who is this thing again roaming freely without a leash? .. smh sad
Re: Should I Stop This Undercover Lifestyle? by Cooolme: 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2022
Medianna:

I've always wanted to gain money quick since I moved in with my Uncle maybe cos of the treatment I was getting, came to his house 3yrs ago, that's enough time to have developed myself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why It's Good For Women Not To Be Stingy With breast Milk / My Elder Sister Keeps Driving Me Nuts. / My Two Months Old Baby Runs Temperature After Immunazation Injection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.