Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,261 members, 7,807,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (2492 Views)

Heartbreak... She Left What Do I Do!!! / HEARTBREAK: Nigerian Returns From Abroad To Discover His Wife Married His Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by spice123(m): 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
Gloriagee:
Awon goldigger ti de.

I am a married man and a relationship counselor. I am bigger than this so I wouldn't blame you.
Re: . by Gloriagee(f): 1:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
Please advise her on nairaland first....

spice123:

I am a married man and a relationship counselor. I am bigger than this so I wouldn't blame you.
Re: . by Oksman(m): 1:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
thatthickgurl:
Please I'm begging you with the name of God, recommend something for this pain.

This is too much for me to bear, I'm typing with tears in my eyes.

I can't eat , I can't sleep and I've been unproductive at work. I need someone to talk to.
How
This is my first heartbreak, I've always avoided being in a relationship because I know I'm too soft.

Until this man came and broke down my walls.

I caught him cheating two days ago.

Please speak to me, before I commit suicide. I need someone to talk to

Please

Breakups can cause physical, mental, and emotional pain.
There are a lot of reasons breakups can be painful to deal with or tough to handle. Sometimes the end of a relationship can be extra difficult because humans typically crave rational explanations and logical solutions that breakups don't usually offer.

In some cases, breaking up feels extra painful because ending a relationship sometimes feels like losing an investment. Breakups can be difficult to deal with, especially because they can stir up feelings of rejection, alter your daily routine, and make you feel generally upset. If you've ever struggled to get over a split, you know that the post-breakup ache is unlike any other. But have you ever wondered exactly why the end of a relationship feels so painful? There are scientific and psychological reasons why breakups hurt so badly.

Your body can go into 'fight-or-flight' mode after a breakup
When you go through a breakup, especially one that's unexpected, your body may register it as an emergency and go into "fight-or-flight" mode. Being in this state triggers the release of hormones that can prepare your body to stay and deal with a threat or to run away to safety, according to. It can also trigger a rapid heartbeat or trembling.

"Our muscles tense, we lose our appetite, we may experience [gastrointestinal] disruption, and we're likely to have trouble falling asleep. Being in this physically hyper-vigilant state over a period of time can lead to headaches, stomachaches, and muscle soreness," licensed clinical psychologist Dr. Kristin Bianchi said.

If your body feels like it's being impacted by a breakup, it's especially important to make sure you get enough sleep and eat well. Feeling out of sorts during a post-breakup period is normal but you should contact a health provider if your emotional distress is making it difficult for you to eat, sleep, or complete daily functions.

The emotional pain of breaking up can actually feel like physical pain.
Research has found that social rejection and physical pain can impact your body in some similar ways.
It's not your imagination — there's a reason nursing a broken heart can sometimes feel like healing from a physical blow. Some studies have found that our bodies sometimes respond to a breakup in the same way it reacts to physical pain.
"Research has shown that regions of the brain that get activated in response to physical pain also get activated in response to a breakup. Whether we've broken a bone or gotten dumped, many of the same underlying neurological structures are involved. This translates to the conscious experience of being in pain. It's obvious there's nothing one can do to reduce the pain that comes with a break up. Only time does the magic. One good thing about this experience is that it will help you in handling future break up if it ever occurs (Not my wish though) again.
Re: . by judatech: 5:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
spydera:

You're not helping!
Are you?
Re: . by folake4u(f): 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2022
thatthickgurl:

He knew I had low self-esteem and he capitalized on that. Now my self esteem has hit rock bottom

Hello baby girl, your diary update led me here.

First and foremost, I'm very sorry this happened to you. cry

Time heals wound. Hangout with friends, take a stroll, talk to a trusted person(who's also a good listener).
And please go ahead to pursue your abroad dream. He certainly isn't worth it.

In few months time, you'd laugh over this and feel embarrassed getting worked up by a scumbag. smiley

3 Likes

Re: . by thatthickgurl(f): 11:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
folake4u:

Hello baby girl, your diary update led me here.

First and foremost, I'm very sorry this happened to you. cry

Time heals wound. Hangout with friends, take a stroll, talk to a trusted person(who's also a good listener).
And please go ahead to pursue your abroad dream. He certainly isn't worth it.

In few months time, you'd laugh over this and feel embarrassed getting worked up by a scumbag. smiley

Thank you sis

1 Like

Re: . by socialmediaman: 12:49am On Mar 18, 2022
thatthickgurl:
I've made the mistake every other person makes

I tried to contact him again

How many stages are there to heartbreak?

Read this article for the stages of grief:

https://www.healthline.com/health/stages-of-grief
Re: . by DonroxyII: 7:49am On Mar 18, 2022
thatthickgurl:
Please I'm begging you with the name of God, recommend something for this pain.

This is too much for me to bear, I'm typing with tears in my eyes.

I can't eat , I can't sleep and I've been unproductive at work. I need someone to talk to.

This is my first heartbreak, I've always avoided being in a relationship because I know I'm too soft.

Until this man came and broke down my walls.

I caught him cheating two days ago.

Please speak to me, before I commit suicide. I need someone to talk to

Please
grin ... Go and Drink Chilled Water then Warm Water. Chop alligator pepper.

Look at yourself in the mirror:

Tell yourself 7times You are Very Stupid for trusting a HumanBeing not to Hurt You grin .... Human hurts themselves, You ain't Spectacular. You have also Hurt Yourself.

You were not cheated upon but you cheated yourself by trusting that you can't be cheated upon:

You can even Cheat Yourself, Go and Swallow the Redpill and Have a strong Mindset to Withstand Stones Life will throw at You. If you keep being Silly, this is just the beginning until You wise up. Don't die before you Realise pls

Earth also get hit by Asteroids and Comets but she Heals grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Great Sacrifice Of A Mother / Christian Men Are Sexually Disadvantaged In Marriage / Advice Needed About Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.