Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,182 members, 7,839,028 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry (15904 Views)

Coffins Of Ocholi, His Wife And Son, To Be Buried Today (Photos) / Fashola Sent Award Winning Photographer To Photography School. Inspiring Story. / The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by EkoIle1: 11:15am On Jul 02, 2011
kulutempa:

You have got a point, but I think the problem can easily be overcome in Nigeria by a system of incentives.   The government can provide bursaries and subsidised training for those that attend the technical/vocational schools and guarantee their business start up loans.    Once the grammar blowing, unemployed and  unproductive English and History Phds  see  these so called tradesmen  driving fancy cars and building nice houses attitudes will change.  It's all a matter of time.

The incentives are there, the problem is our myopic society and their misguided fixation on university diplomas. Right now, attending any of the state's 17 skills centers is not only free, you even get business start up money after graduation, same with the state's YES Agric program, you get free land and start up money after graduating from the state Agric Institute.
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by issyking: 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2011
leadership by example
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by ideylaff: 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2011
why the fk do these Obas have to attend every ceremony sitting in front and going home with doggie bags,, tima and time again.

Have they got nothing better to do in their domains,

no be everywhere Obas dey come naw,  I tire for awa tradition o 4 ds nija,

even Fasholas speech will be like I salute the oba, 1, 2, 3, and 4 so and so,

lets cut the bull out and get working men, Tsssschewwwwwww

wld have bn nice if Fashola allowed the press to report this rather than him putting it in his speech, 
sad
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by Obalende: 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2011
To the person who says fashola just has a good publicity team, thats not really true.

It is well known that what is unseen accounts for nothing!

So if other governers are doin something, they should also publicise their works so it does not account for nothing!

The fact they dont have good publicity teams means they not doing much. Why would you not want to publicise your good works?
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by tpia5: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2011
Thank you so much.
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by na2(f): 11:55pm On Jul 02, 2011
oshiomole, copy this please
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by akano1: 7:19am On Jul 03, 2011
fashola competent leader by example
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by Hardeyorlah(f): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2011
wat pple dont know is dat vocational skills earner r better dan salary earner
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by Hardeyorlah(f): 11:33am On Jul 03, 2011
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by Sagamite(m): 11:40am On Jul 03, 2011
Hardeyorlah:

I doubt that.

I am assuming when you say "salary earner", you are talking about university graduates.

Maybe there are vocational skills earners that earn more than salary earners, but on average I will not think so.

Also the earning potential (i.e. the average earnings of top people) of salary earners would be, on average, higher than that of vocational skills earners.
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by Rooneyboy(m): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2011
what ever
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by ibbinfo(m): 12:07am On Jul 04, 2011
IS THIS SOME KIND OF TRICK OR WHAT WAS HE TRYING TO TELL US HE KNOWS OUR PAINS AS WELL?
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by solayemi(m): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2011
i don't no why some people do not believe others.maybe they no trust demselves.why shld u call that a lie? have u been to his house?
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by shirleyz: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2011
Salary earners that earn good money are not much. A lot of the salary earners in nigeria might not even earn up to the people that do their own biz but cos they dont know how to manage their money, people think otherwise.

Graduates that go into their own personal biz are even doing better nowadays. Another good thing about having your own vocation is that nobody can sack u and the sky can only b ur limit. Thank God i have a handwork i do apart from my salaried job.
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by whyman(m): 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2011
The problem we have in this country is that we rate hand crafts like carpentry, bricklaying, painting, electricians, etc as low paying jobs.
Let's try and invest (both individual and government agencies) in these trades/crafts through our Technical schools and Polytechnics, so that we have qualified technicians, technologist and engineers who would be able to work on anything in their respective areas with their hands, instead of a mechanical engineer that can not service or do anything on his car except by visiting the roadside professional mechanic.
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by philip0906(m): 3:00pm On Jul 04, 2011
Fashola and his stunts. . . undecided
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by Abiriboy: 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2011
If this is true, then Fashola os a role model that must be emulated. Why u ask, The process of industriaization for all developing nations have been painstaking and successful, Talk about Germany! They specialize in high-tech, state of the earth design and sell tot he world, Hence, BMWs,Benz ,VW, All countries have to paht through this milestone or less your economy is just going to be one ig bubble without substance.
Whats common ds days! Everyone is running off to do MBAs and MSc Finance and all, this is what got America in trouble, But nooo, am not going to join them!
Thats why I discontinued my processing of a foreign or even local  MBA, I am going to become an Auto/Diesel/Industrial Engine Technican, looking forward too b trained in one of the best technical schools in this regard, UTI, [/b]But my parents frown and discourage this desire of mine. but they are willing to splash money on an MBA, If I had fashola as my father, he will know he has a son!
Maybe I will be successful in sparking the engine of industrialization in Nigeria, Yess,sparking it. cos it actually dead. Check out ourr GDP report 90% is Oil, what happens when it finishes?! What will the MBA holder manage? What will the finance Guru audit, stop the cruise control, do something different. Life is worth it!, Walahi!
[b]JOIN ME LETS TAKE THIS BULL BY THE HORN.
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by Guk: 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2011
Perfectly ok to do so. He is the one who knows his son & if he feels thats the best way for him to experience the "Real" world in addition to the Virtual/E-world, then so be it. The child will be better off for it. I personnally have some regrets from my teenage years when i wasted my french & typing lessons that my father paid for. I am paying dearly for them now.

Examples abound of those who expose their children to such way of life. It doesnt make them less Silver spoon. And maybe BRF is making the boy to remember his Surulere roots & not get too cosy with State House Marina grin
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by phantom(m): 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2011
whats wrong with his son learning carpentry, nothing at all, and i think many youths in lagos should be encouraged to embrace carpentry(and other vocational skills), besides the rate lagos is going,lagosians will need CANOES and lots of 'em to navigate the city! grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by Yomex4life: 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2011
Yeye man, make una no mine am, thats another way of eating naija money!Anyway sha, the guy still better pass any other gov. in naija.
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by EzeUche(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2011
phantom:

whats wrong with his son learning carpentry, nothing at all, and i think many youths in lagos should be encouraged to embrace carpentry(and other vocational skills), besides the rate lagos is going,lagosians will need CANOES and lots of 'em to navigate the city! grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by waladis(m): 6:56am On Aug 18, 2011
Sincerely, Fashola is trying.
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by Aduke85: 11:29pm On Apr 12, 2012
I don't know what is wrong with us in Nigeria,it is only in our Country that a tailor,carpenter and other manual workers believe the only reason they are doing those jobs is because they are not educated. They don't even give credit to their own brain. Me wey be Lawyer sef dey tink of how I go go learn fashion designing. I think it is high time they realise every job is a profession. Even shoemaker na professional
Re: Fashola Sent His Son To Learn Carpentry by ak47mann(m): 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2012
his son from one of his concubines abi na from his house help undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov. Akpabio’s Failure To Pay Promised Vote-bribe Sparks Protest In Abuja / INEC Finally Transferred My Polling Unit / President Buhari Attends Lunch Meeting With Investors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.