Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,883 members, 7,810,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School (23754 Views)

Atiku Abubakar's April Fool Prank By His Children [PICS] / Breaking News: Katsina Lawmaker Dies / See Photos Of Buhari And His Children In Abuja As They Prepare For The Handover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by deols(f): 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
I read this on Governor Aregbesola's wall. I find it a beautiful story of selflessness and thought to share..

Discovering and empowering the "golden eaglets" of Kastina

The Katsina State Minority Leader in the state house of assembly, Hon Abdullahi Mahuta had this touching story to share with us.......

Last week after the Sallah break, my two children, who I transferred to a public school in Katsina, said they would not go back to school with their canvas and sandal shoes. They insisted that they would only be wearing bathroom slippers to school because all their friends in the school are using same to school and that some come to school without shoes .

Initially I told their mother to allow them to use the slippers, but my little daughter advised: "Father, pls buy sandals for all the pupils in the school so that my brothers can also wear sandals". I thought I could not buy sandals for all the pupils in that school. I called the headmaster and asked him the number of students in the school. He told me they are about 800. After a rough calculation, I realized that it will cost about N230,000 only to buy a pair of sandals and white socks for every child in the school.

Alhamdulillah! Yesterday, by the will of Allah, I bought and distributed the sandals for all the 800 children in the school. And today we are also in sha Allah, we are going to distribute for all the students of another primary school at Tsamiya mai Lamba village, at Gora ward in Malumfashi LGA.

Just imagine, if only the 34 members of KTHA, 34 LG chairmen and the about 40 commissioners and SAs will do the same, over 100,000 pupils would be saved from the problems of (Sanyi, Kaya da kusoshin da ka iya ji ma yara ciwo) meaning thorns and cracked legs

I therefore call on you the people to insist that all public office holders enroll their children into public schools to be friends, help, give hope and play together with the children of the poor. among us.

Attached is his picture, putting on sandals for one of the pupils..we are indeed proud of this scion of the APC

Kurfi Abubakar

76 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
God bless dis man.....

30 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by simpleseyi: 11:11pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ad€mOlA:
God bless dis man.....

There is a reward for everything we all do. This man shall be rewarded by God here on earth and after death. IBB has gotten part of his own reward because Maryam who stole with him and who did not advise him against looting the treasury has been taken away by death. Augustus Aikhiomu who also stole with IBB has been taken away by prostrate cancer. Jonathan lost his half brother, Dame Sheppopotamus lost her adopted mother to the road her husband refused to fix. All those that turned our youths to kidnappers, yahoo-yahoo and armed robbers shall be rewarded. Abdulsalami and Akhigbe shared all oil blocks among themselves, Obasanjo had to cancel the allocation and re-allocated to himself (Obasanjo) and his co-looters. Obasanjo and Abdulsalami just bought Ikeja and Lagos distribution zones of PHCN using our stolen wealth, how much is the total of their life savings as military officers and ex-presidents that can now afford to buy PHCN? All those that are sucking the masses blood through looting of the common wealth shall be rewarded. Sanni Abacha, Wada Nas, Stella Obasanjo,
Segun Agagu, Sola Saraki, Fashola's father, Yisa Yuguda's sister, Patrick Azazi Owoye and others are gone, we are expecting other looters including Tinubu, IBB, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, TY Danjuma, Jerimiah Oseni, Gbenga Daniel, Alao-Akala, DSP Alams, Joshua Dariye, Sani Yerima, the C-in-C (I no mention name oo), Theodora Orji, Segun Oni, Abubakar Audu, Stella Oduah and others to DO THE NEEDFUL by adding RIP to their names as God commands.

THIS LAWMAKER IS BLESSED HERE ON EARTH AND AFTER DEATH. I AM HAPPY FOR HIM. WHILE SOME RULERS ARE RECEIVING CURSES, HE IS RECEIVING PRAYERS.

127 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by waleadex(m): 11:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
May he be rewarded!

20 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by baba11(m): 12:08am On Nov 16, 2013
Nice post from u,deols,thumbs up,thanks for the eye opener!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by baba11(m): 12:21am On Nov 16, 2013
Ad€mOlA:
God bless dis man.....
Simpleseyi has given u complete response i would have loved to give u but let me add mine.African mentality and nigerian factors has almost rob us of our thinking.I can't see any reason to praise somebody u chose to lead you.For God's sake,he's doing his work and how does this cost compare to allocation he was given?The day we begin to challenge our leaders on how they lead us,is the day we are moving inch by inch to our so callled 'promised land'!

11 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by greatgod2012(f): 12:36am On Nov 16, 2013
This is exactly what we call "leading by example". Not "do as i say and dont do as i do" people.
He'll surely get his reward, with an extension to his children. Amen

4 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by baba11(m): 12:38am On Nov 16, 2013
simpleseyi:

There is a reward for everything we all do. This man shall be rewarded by God here on earth and after death. IBB has gotten part of his own reward because Maryam who stole with him and who did not advise him against looting the treasury has been taken away by death. Augustus Aikhiomu who also stole with IBB has been taken away by prostrate cancer. Jonathan lost his half brother, Dame Sheppopotamus lost her adopted mother to the road her husband refused to fix. All those that turned our youths to kidnappers, yahoo-yahoo and armed robbers shall be rewarded. Abdulsalami and Akhigbe shared all oil blocks among themselves, Obasanjo had to cancel the allocation and re-allocated to himself (Obasanjo) and his co-looters. Obasanjo and Abdulsalami just bought Ikeja and Lagos distribution zones of PHCN using our stolen wealth, how much is the total of their life savings as military officers and ex-presidents that can now afford to buy PHCN? All those that are sucking the masses blood through looting of the common wealth shall be rewarded. Sanni Abacha, Wada Nas, Stella Obasanjo,
Segun Agagu, Sola Saraki, Fashola's father, Yisa Yuguda's sister, Patrick Azazi Owoye and others are gone, we are expecting other looters including Tinubu, IBB, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, TY Danjuma, Jerimiah Oseni, Gbenga Daniel, Alao-Akala, DSP Alams, Joshua Dariye, Sani Yerima, the C-in-C (I no mention name oo), Theodora Orji, Segun Oni, Abubakar Audu, Stella Oduah and others to DO THE NEEDFUL by adding RIP to their names as God commands.

THIS LAWMAKER IS BLESSED HERE ON EARTH AND AFTER DEATH. I AM HAPPY FOR HIM. WHILE SOME RULERS ARE RECEIVING CURSES, HE IS RECEIVING PRAYERS.
You are perfectly on course,i love alot the same mindset people like you.Just to chip in mine now:do u remember one hausa man like that that Abacha regime 'dashed' oil blocks,sold one of it for 1billion dollars,wasted half of the money.He now un-ashamed came out and tell us he didn't know what he would do with the remaining 500millions dollars.Can u ever think of that?In a situation where poverty has permeates every nooks and crannies of our society.May God help we the masses to fight for our right in this country!

3 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by geeez: 12:46am On Nov 16, 2013
If only a tenth of Nigerian politicians were like this man

These are the stories that never get to make the headlines

These are the gestures that are never given awards

This is one of the reasons why this country is the way it is

9 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by naptu2: 1:24am On Nov 16, 2013
BEAUTIFUL! This deserves front page.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by andico34: 6:09am On Nov 16, 2013
God bless him!
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by wasak(m): 6:17am On Nov 16, 2013
as a philosopher would say;
" there's enough for everybody's need, but not enough for everybody's greed".

6 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by nduchucks: 6:23am On Nov 16, 2013
This is definitely FP material.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by omiobo: 6:34am On Nov 16, 2013
God bless him
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 16, 2013
MOD front page please. Not all our politicians are bad after
all
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Danhumprey: 6:54am On Nov 16, 2013
simpleseyi:

Hana bros. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked This one too much Na. Though,I agree with you. Surely one day,nemesis would catch up with them. That's for sure! embarassed

God bless the man.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by dridowu: 6:58am On Nov 16, 2013
deols:

I therefore call on you the people to insist that all public office holders enroll their children into public schools to be friends, help, give hope and play together with the children of the poor.
Can ds ever happen in my con3 ? I guess NO. Most of our public office holders will reject it outrightly

2 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by abes(m): 7:06am On Nov 16, 2013
simpleseyi:

Though I'm an ex-Christian, but I don't want to believe God rewards evil with deaths, people die when it is their time to die e.g da'grin, goldie, dana air crash victims etc.

5 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by king94(m): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2013
We hear about negative stories in all facets of lyf everyday.It is therefore heartwarming 2 hear this story about a politician who also cares about d ppl around him.May God bless him immensely.

1 Like

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by tyson99(m): 7:31am On Nov 16, 2013
So impressed...God bless you man!
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by lovat(m): 8:47am On Nov 16, 2013
I nominate this man for presidency in 2015.

1 Like

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by MDMA: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2013
This is Amazing!
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Fadelex(m): 9:23am On Nov 16, 2013
this story is touching.... can u imagine the kids don't wanna wear sandals because their mates are using slippers while some are barely footed. this is what I've been clamouring for. if children of all lesgislooters, ministers, special advisers, permanent secretaries, and other high ranking government officials are in public universities, ASUU strike woulda been thing of the past.
let president Jonathan lead by example by withdrawing his children from American International school, gudu district and enrol them in GSS, tundun wada, zone 4.
Obama's children are attending elementary school that average Americans are going. God bless the lawmaker

8 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Nuvally: 9:25am On Nov 16, 2013
simpleseyi:

KEEP QUITE!..Are u saint?...Are u God?

Btw: Nice one. God make u bigger
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by johnwizey: 9:27am On Nov 16, 2013
Commendable
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by AreaFada2: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2013
Great
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2013
andico34: God bless him!
hello! Wat is dis praise singin all abt? Did he use his personal money to buy d sandals for all d kids or state govt money? To me, he is doin dat to secure his wards for security purpose. He was nt elected to buy shoes but to develop edu infrasture and provide other social amenities.

4 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Rilwayne001: 9:29am On Nov 16, 2013
Only God can reward him

And only God can reward Bukola Saraki too, cos he is our Governor here in Kwara not dat figure head fool
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by redcliff: 9:30am On Nov 16, 2013
simpleseyi:

Oga calm down abeg..sending his chikdren to public schools isnt the problem, the problem is if the education there is of sound and good quality. The man could have also used stolen money to buy the whole scholl children's sandals and socks. And God does not bless in death, the only blessing you get is going to heaven as a righteous and holy being

1 Like

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by seangy4konji: 9:31am On Nov 16, 2013
OO BOY..I say amen to your prayers ooo....Na one by one dem go die oo..I no want turn yy boy oo,i finished school serve a no see job ooooooooo...God help Nigeria.
simpleseyi:

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Olugbenger(m): 9:31am On Nov 16, 2013
Fp material.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is Sick Between Buhari Supporters And Atiku Supporters? - Dele Momodu / Thugs Destroy Amaechi,s Polling Unit After INEC Excluded APC From Rivers Polls / Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.