Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,707 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Soludo Bans Touts From Collecting Revenue At Anambra Markets, Parks - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Bans Touts From Collecting Revenue At Anambra Markets, Parks (31999 Views)

Court Restrains Mc Oluomo, NURTW, Others From Collecting Union Levies / Court Dismisses FIRS’ Suit Seeking To Stop Rivers Gov’t From Collecting VAT / Governor Abiodun Blocks NURTW From Collecting Revenue For Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Bans Touts From Collecting Revenue At Anambra Markets, Parks by luluman: 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2022
SmartProf:

So says someone who has no life template and whose mentor is MC Oluomo. You better learn from an intellectual leader who is committed to redefining how things are done in line with global best practices.
You call people names just because they aired an opinion? Wasted data.
Re: Soludo Bans Touts From Collecting Revenue At Anambra Markets, Parks by SilentBurner(m): 10:25pm On Mar 17, 2022
oshozondii:

https://todaypoliticsng.com/soludo-bans-touts-from-collecting-revenue-at-anambra-markets-parks/
Very silly unreasonable move.
No jobs, crazy economy, inflation and your closing the only source of income for streets boys...

I pity Anambra state residents
Re: Soludo Bans Touts From Collecting Revenue At Anambra Markets, Parks by Contekbbc: 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
onye a ka mma
Re: Soludo Bans Touts From Collecting Revenue At Anambra Markets, Parks by holicupp(m): 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2022
Reptyle:

Mistake number 1 as far as I am concerned.

While I do not subscribe to the activities of touts and the likes, it is a reality that most state governors have to deal with. That revenue pipeline is well organized and feeds way up the ladder to the very top. Coming in and immediately upsetting the apple cart and shutting off the pipeline is a recipe for disaster.

What do you do with the 100s and maybe 1000s of youths that benefit from the system? What is the government's plan for them? Do they have a role to play in the new system that is to be introduced? How will it benefit them and the numerous people that depend on them for succor? How does the government plan to enforce this ban and won't this create a new slew of crises across the state? Why don't you wait until you introduce the new before unplugging the old?

A more rational approach would have been to hold extensive consultations with all stakeholders in that sector. Then put together and implement the new plan or scheme for park and market management. Launch within a controlled environment and handle all of the issues that arise from the pilot phase before full implementation.

Once the stakeholders are carried along, they will see the value in the new system and the benefit to them. Then it will be better received by all.

tout is not a job
oga i believe those agberos are able bodied men who chooses to be lazy
wasting away their youthful potential

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Bans Touts From Collecting Revenue At Anambra Markets, Parks by Reptyle(m): 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2022
holicupp:

tout is not a job

I agree with you that being a tout is not a job in the true sense of the word. But lazy? You think being a tough is being lazy. Perhaps you should walk in thier shoes for a day before you reach a conclusion.

Truth is that we are all victims of the system we all created and perpetuate...the "touts" also. All I'm saying is that government should create an alternative platform for them to fit in before removing the safety net.

If the government somehow finds a way to enforce this ban, do you think the beneficiaries of that system are just going to fold their hands and go home hungry? Of course not. They will bounce back on society and it is you and I who think we are living and not being lazy that will be the victim.

The policy is good. But a technocrat like Mr. Soludo should know that there is no where in the world where you put the cart before the horse and expect a smooth ride.

I wish him well.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Bans Touts From Collecting Revenue At Anambra Markets, Parks by Fucktensei: 7:20pm On Mar 20, 2022
perambulator:
It looks like this man only wants to serve 1 term
he'll serve both terms! I don't know why LUDDITES behave this way
Re: Soludo Bans Touts From Collecting Revenue At Anambra Markets, Parks by Fucktensei: 7:24pm On Mar 20, 2022
holicupp:

tout is not a job
seconded. He needs to apply the Buba Marwa approach here though
Re: Soludo Bans Touts From Collecting Revenue At Anambra Markets, Parks by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2022
Fucktensei:
he'll serve both terms! I don't know why LUDDITES behave this way

Nigerian politicians are beholden to luddites, their path to power is dependent more on the very people whose livelihood he wants to exterminate than people who appreciate what he is trying to do and that’s why very often such schemes fail and nothing changes. It is a brave politician that takes them on talk less in his 1st term. Those who take them on usually pay with their political career e.g Ambode!
Re: Soludo Bans Touts From Collecting Revenue At Anambra Markets, Parks by holicupp(m): 5:59pm On Mar 21, 2022
Fucktensei:
seconded. He needs to apply the Buba Marwa approach here though

anything to stop the menace will be appreciated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Orji Kalu Convicted Of N7.2 Billion Fraud / US Cancels Three Reps’ Visas Over Sex Scandal, Dogara Orders Probe / 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.