Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! (2030 Views)

Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {english Language Thread} / UTME Use Of English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Chimex388: 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
I would at this junction,ceteris paribus suffice to say that on behalf of the poster of this warmly received thread, beckon on our amiable and high esteemed moderators of this glamorous section to gladly do the needful which i believe is suffice enough to dwell on the cover of this informative & Educative forum..
The Op & I tank u in anticipation. grin
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
grama tinz abi?,,,,i dey come ma go call hon. patrick.....
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Chimex388: 11:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
benbuks: grama tinz abi?,,,,i dey come ma go call hon. patrick.....
With all due respect i request u relinquish this embarrassing mode of writing that has gone a long way in destroying our lingua franca leading to the deteriorating and writing decadence that has enveloped it..
I would implore u b more vocabulary conscious & imbibe the rules of this precious thread henceforth...thank u!
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 01, 2014
Chimex388:
With all due respect i request u relinquish this embarrassing mode of writing that has gone a long way in destroying our lingua franca leading to the deteriorating and writing decadence that has enveloped it..
I would implore u b more vocabulary conscious & imbibe the rules of this precious thread henceforth...thank u!
pardon my idiosyncrasy, as periodical as unsual i diffuse fun in any possible media.
so,make the pendulum ideal
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Chimex388: 9:57am On Jan 01, 2014
benbuks:
pardon my idiosyncrasy, as periodical as unsual i diffuse fun in any possible media.
so,make the pendulum ideal
Idiosyncrasy pardoned!
I must confess, ur outpour is prestigious.. We all should serve as a paradigm for the younger generation....Who knows we could stimulate &enhance the natural creativity of the younger folks into winning the prestigious Nobel Laureate price in English or literature!
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Chimex388: 3:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
The ratio of views to comments is unbelievable(over 800). This shows the overwhelming lacklustre attitude of Nigerians today who pride themselves among the educated and elite cadre but are not ready to pencil down a single piece of their knowhow for learning purposes but will gallivant at any opportunity to promote and buttress the vanacular view of the English language at any presented opportunity. This is appaling & alarming and this decadence needs to b a priority in the education sector beginning from the grassroot.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by jaryeh(m): 4:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
Oh! This is very interesting! I wish I could participate but I've already acclimatized myself to this my modus of writing! Let me quickly peruse my Oxford dictionary and see if I can put in a little contribution without spewing hocus-pocus.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Chimex388: 6:18pm On Jan 01, 2014
jaryeh: Oh! This is very interesting! I wish I could participate but I've already acclimatized myself to this my modus of writing! Let me quickly peruse my Oxford dictionary and see if I can put in a little contribution without spewing hocus-pocus.
with all due respect, please do. U could encompass even an encyclopedia of knowledge if u can lay hands on one .Embrace our lingua franca wit utmost deligence and assidiously too.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Chimex388: 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
jaryeh: Oh! This is very interesting! I wish I could participate but I've already acclimatized myself to this my modus of writing! Let me quickly peruse my Oxford dictionary and see if I can put in a little contribution without spewing hocus-pocus.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Chimex388: 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
So much for English Mastery

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mapoly Exam Date / Training Scholarships In Netherlands (2 - 4 Weeks Short Courses) / Senate Debating About ASUU Live On Nta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.