Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War (1967 Views)

Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' / Russia Has Deployed Attack Helicopters To Ukraine Border (Photos) / RUSSIA Has Vowed To SINK British Warships The Next They Sail Too Close To Crimea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by dreu2fine(m): 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2022
huptin:

Ok. I always expected that Putin will take any thing that looks like victory and exit Ukraine fast. He knows the longer he stays there the more he exposes his flank but it is too late, the West have analysed his weapons and strategy, he used to be feared cos no one knew how his mind works, now that anonymity have been demystified, they now know he is more irational than strategic. Their plan is to weaken Russia, economically and millitarily, he fell for the bait and now the beginning of the end has started.

You can write this down.
My question is why it's Ukraine missiles not reaching cities in Russia
Everything thing is going on well inside Russia
Leagues matches and other activities
Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Mattswaggz: 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
Powersurge:

Russia should thank her stars that Ukraine is a poor and corrupt country without any tangible military advantage. If Ukraine had solid air defense system, the devastations caused by Russia's cruise missiles wouldn't happen. If this war had happened between Russia and Israel or Turkey, Russia would have gotten serious bloody nose. Look at the rotten equipments Russia has. Their best tank, the T80 was just popping all over the place in the hand of Javelin.

The distance between Russian army and say , British army is very far (forget the yeye rating). Ordinary logistics is a problem. So much problem that soldiers were looting stores to eat. And this is a war between neighbors. Imagine for a moment that Russia is taking war to another government in another continent.

This war has opened up many flaws about the Russian military capacity. The massive tanks they have became practically useless.

gringringrin pls learn how to lie well next time before coming here to do so....... you think propaganda is as easy as you think,,,,, go improve your propaganda skills kiddo. gringringrin
Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Livelystone01: 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
huptin:

I don't think so, I think he was complacent initially but became desperate along the line.

Like he said '' The west had been looking to dismember and weaken Russia all along, this Ukraine issue is only a pretext to accomplish it''

He was too blind to see the obvious trap, he fell into it, opened up his flanks, he thought he would go in and out sharp and come out. Too bad it didn't work out that way

When America quickly withdrew from Afghanistan it was obvious that the west was planning something sinister, Why didn't Putin read the signs? Why didn't he learn from history? Why did he leave $650bn in foreign reserves? How did he think he could trust the west enough to invest trillions of dollars in the same west he wanted to go against? How on earth did he leave his flanks so exposed?

The west plans an all out war, proxy war, economic war, propaganda war, isolation war, psychological war, Russia will weaken, it is obvious, the Putin myth has been broken, desperate Russians will no longer be too afraid to look him in the face.

The west will supply them with weapons and intelligence, it is a matter of time, Putin will face opposition at home, insurgency at home and in Ukraine, Putin will soon be fighting on so many fronts, the economic situation will bug him down, he will be too distracted. This is the beginning of the end. Even he fears it. He fears it very strongly.

I am not an advocate of the west, I have only taken my time to study their antics. It is not looking good for Putin except he quickly pulls out of Ukraine and embark on an aggressive economic growth of Russia devoid of any reliance on the west. That's the only way out for him
It is a good thing to analyze, but to assume is the demystification of a good analysis.

Putin made a mistake engaging Ukraine, but to say the west will give weapons to Russians in order to destroy Putin is a far cry. They would have done this long ago if they could.

Do you think Russia is an easy place for the West to dump weapons to civilians like it happened in Libya?

Don't you know that any weapon given to civilians in Russia will eventually get to terrorists who will in turn use them against the West? I believe Libya has been a case study in Africa.

Putin may have miscalculated, but saying he exposed his flanks may be accepted in the first month, not now.

The west is also overstretched with their weapons too, I believe you should know that by now. Do you know how many European countries are have depleted weapons because they have given a lot to Ukraine?

Do you know that as the war is being prolonged, it started helping Russia to cause economic damages to the European nations?
As it is right now, Putin prefers a continued war because it will affect every economy instead of ending it and suffering alone.

Note: The longer the war, the more exposed the Western leaders will become that the overthrow being touted might happen in their countries faster than Russia.

As it is right now, many countries are riled up because they have seen the hypocrisy in the west that they are calling their bluff. This alone should tell you that the world will never be the same again.

Finally, don't assume Russia is militarily exposed. They have weapons that they haven't used, I mean new ones. America had a chance to use their old weapons in Afghanistan and Iraq, etc, this may be Putin's opportunity to access his old stockpile and use them off.

There are things in this war that nobody knows.
Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by leofab(f): 11:49pm On Aug 15, 2022
Livelystone01:

It is a good thing to analyze, but to assume is the demystification of a good analysis.

Putin made a mistake engaging Ukraine, but to say the west will give weapons to Russians in order to destroy Putin is a far cry. They would have done this long ago if they could.

Do you think Russia is an easy place for the West to dump weapons to civilians like it happened in Libya?

Don't you know that any weapon given to civilians in Russia will eventually get to terrorists who will in turn use them against the West? I believe Libya has been a case study in Africa.

Putin may have miscalculated, but saying he exposed his flanks may be accepted in the first month, not now.

The west is also overstretched with their weapons too, I believe you should know that by now. Do you know how many European countries are have depleted weapons because they have given a lot to Ukraine?

Do you know that as the war is being prolonged, it started helping Russia to cause economic damages to the European nations?
As it is right now, Putin prefers a continued war because it will affect every economy instead of ending it and suffering alone.

Note: The longer the war, the more exposed the Western leaders will become that the overthrow being touted might happen in their countries faster than Russia.

As it is right now, many countries are riled up because they have seen the hypocrisy in the west that they are calling their bluff. This alone should tell you that the world will never be the same again.

Finally, don't assume Russia is militarily exposed. They have weapons that they haven't used, I mean new ones. America had a chance to use their old weapons in Afghanistan and Iraq, etc, this may be Putin's opportunity to access his old stockpile and use them off.

There are things in this war that nobody knows.

you just Dey run mouth? Do you know one one new missile system shot from Caspian Sea cost ? And yet they struck the wrong target killing civilians. Russia military budget that is below that of NYPD ? Russia is joe worst than North Korea.. cutting their citizens off from global social media..

1 Like

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Livelystone01: 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2022
leofab:
you just Dey run mouth? Do you know one one new missile system shot from Caspian Sea cost ? And yet they struck the wrong target killing civilians. Russia military budget that is below that of NYPD ? Russia is joe worst than North Korea.. cutting their citizens off from global social media..
Now who is running mouth?

Read what you wrote again and see if you said anything.

SMH
Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by ladkud(m): 5:18am On Aug 17, 2022
Livelystone01:

Now who is running mouth?

Read what you wrote again and see if you said anything.

SMH

Not just running mouth alone, in fact he is just spilling trash
Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by RiceProducers: 5:46am On Aug 18, 2022
huptin:
Even Putin admitted as much in his last speech, saying that the west is just using this war as a pretext to dismember Russia.

All I know is :

1. There won't be a winner in this war, only losers.

2 Russia's economy will take a very long time to recover

3. The rich Oligarchs aren't happy with Putin but most of them are out of Russia any way they won't be able to hurt him

4. The west will try to weaken Russia further by creating an insurgency or strong opposition, a lot of Russians that used to be afraid of Putin, would have appraised this war and realised that Russia's military prowess has been grossly exaggerated and may try to confront him

5. Putin will keep fighting internal aggression, he will alienate himself further ad further, he may try to be more Brutish but age is no longer on his side.

6. Russia and other world leaders will think very well, before they invade smaller countries henceforth, less they be Putined.

No 5 is the most striking of all these valid points you have made. Only an idiot with inferiority complex needs to invade other countries as a national leader at this time given the experience of the US in Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq. There is no short trtm military success that compensates for the medium and long term military defeat you will get (especially with hostile regional and global powers working against you).
Even the bestof militaries struggle against internal militancies and organised insurections as we see now in Egypt, Algeria, Nigeria, Syria and Libya.
Even Russia is only able to hold Chenchnya by using Chenchens and after a massive failure in Ukraine or if Kadyrov is taken out we will begin to see the disembarment of Russia which will happen very quickly. Al because of some ill advised, vain glorious invasion of a neighboring country.

1 Like

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by fmonigent(m): 12:50am On Aug 19, 2022
Mille:

You're the fool who cannot do any thinking by himself. Joining the bandwagon without having the brain or capacity to forge your own way or decisions.

Complaining about gagging opposition when the Nazi country you're supporting treat people that look like you as trash and think you're sub-human. I think you saw how your fellow black students were treated in Ukraine. Western Fool. They think of you so low that as desperate as they are for foreign fighters, they still had to say no to your black asses who were willing to die for a Nazi country you have no link to.

BTW, here is the Nazi TV channel apologizing after being exposed as a Genocidal Nazi TV station. At least, your foolish brain should be able to decipher it's a Nazi Ukrainian TV website. Let's hope the biased mod will not delete the link as they did previously.

https://24tv.ua/ru/mne-govorila-bol-poteri-vedushhij-24-kanala-izvinilsja-za-zhestkie_n1907289

Must you then insult just to prove a point? How many of your village news have you posted and was deleted?
Yeye dey smell
Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Segun2222: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2022
dreu2fine:

My question is why it's Ukraine missiles not reaching cities in Russia
Everything thing is going on well inside Russia
Leagues matches and other activities
Ukraine is handicapped and are not allowed to strike Russia with western weapons which is why they were only given rockets for himars when they could also shoot missile

(1) (2) (Reply)

I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama / Is This The Most Guarded President In The World? (video) / 51 Killed And 322 Injured As Military Goes On The Offensive In Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.