Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,528 members, 7,770,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:46 AM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 - Sports (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 (163420 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zimbabwe: 2026 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 19th November 2023. / Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by yomiuk: 10:11am On Mar 30, 2022
So much talent and potential with nothing to show for it.

Superglued eagles
embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:27am On Mar 30, 2022
AM VERY VERY HAPPY THEY WILL NOT GO AND WASTE OUR MONEY,because IF THEY DO THEY WILL CRASH OUT IN FIRST ROUND. LIKE OTHER SECTORS, ALL THESE CROOKED POLITICIANS HAVE HIJACK NAIJA SPORT SYPHON OUR MONEY AND LOOT FIFA FUNDS. undecided
NIGERIA HAS NO FOOTBALL TEAM,STOP WASTING OUR MONIES ON THIS SUPER CHICKENS TILL THE NATION GROOMS A REAL REAM. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by PhenomenalAustin: 11:01am On Mar 30, 2022
ObiOkpor:
GOAL!.....
This boys are good!

Lmvbfao
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by Ishilove: 11:04am On Mar 30, 2022
Now Herr Rohr will be laughing his heart out

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by Pacesetter123(m): 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
derecho:
And why didn't our players score? You have about 4 strikers yet no goals if not for the penalty kick
The problem isn't the keeper per se.Our Coach is predictable and looks like a gambler.
How do you expect Osimhen or our strikers to score without correct passes?
What are we doing with our set pieces?
See Moses Simon that was boasting at the presser yesterday when a journalist told him that he was caged in our last two matches.
Super Eagles fall hand bigtime

I don't even talk about those ones..oo,the strikers thinks they were just having a stroll in the park.
Don't even talk about midfielders who couldn't give a single good pass to the strikers.
We know those ones are bad already...so lazy.
But the point I was trying to make was that if egoistic Oliseh had allow Enyeama to still be in the team till other keepers get mature to take over from him,most of the embarrassing goals our present keepers used to conceit leading to our early exit in tournament would have been prevented.
The thing is that,if you can't score, don't conceit carelessly.
Our keepers nowadays conceit very careless and cheep goals.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by derecho(m): 7:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
My brother, how many goals are we talking about here? One goal? What if it was an own goal or penalty? Does it mean we have no plans to score? Even during Amodu's time, we know he doesn't score much but he hardly losses.

What if enyeama retired or was unable to continue like Carl ikpeme,so Nigeria won't use another keeper? By the way, it's almost 8years now o.Enyeama was at the 2002 world cup almost 20years now...Haba

Olise may have his ego but he has since left the team na.

Just imagine if we scored 3goals yesterday, would we be talking about the mistake?
I still dey blame eguaveon till tomorrow. The only thing you can't take from him is the way he respectfully answers questions during pressers apart from that,I no see any technical input in our "array of stars" being compared to the '94 set.

That guy na good Politician...hin mouth too sweet
Pacesetter123:
I don't even talk about those ones..oo,the strikers thinks they were just having a stroll in the park.
Don't even talk about midfielders who couldn't give a single good pass to the strikers.
We know those ones are bad already...so lazy.
But the point I was trying to make was that if egoistic Oliseh had allow Enyeama to still be in the team till other keepers get mature to take over from him,most of the embarrassing goals our present keepers used to conceit leading to our early exit in tournament would have been prevented.
The thing is that,if you can't score, don't conceit carelessly.
Our keepers nowadays conceit very careless and cheep goals.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by Pacesetter123(m): 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
derecho:
My brother, how many goals are we talking about here? One goal? What if it was an own goal or penalty? Does it mean we have no plans to score? Even during Amodu's time, we know he doesn't score much but he hardly losses.

What if enyeama retired or was unable to continue like Carl ikpeme,so Nigeria won't use another keeper? By the way, it's almost 8years now o.Enyeama was at the 2002 world cup almost 20years now...Haba

Olise may have his ego but he has since left the team na.

Just imagine if we scored 3goals yesterday, would we be talking about the mistake?
I still dey blame eguaveon till tomorrow. The only thing you can't take from him is the way he respectfully answers questions during pressers apart from that,I no see any technical input in our "array of stars" being compared to the '94 set.

That guy na good Politician...hin mouth too sweet
Well,if you follow my presentation very well, you will notice that I am not arguing with you. I know the team looks so average in all the departments.But I am just saying that since our clueless outfield players cannot score, keepers shouldn't compound our woes with conceding of cheep goals.
Let's assume keeper didn't concede that cheep goal and Eagle didn't get a penalty also, maybe penalty shoot out wud av favoured us.Who knows? Yes,it has been a long time since Enyeama left the team,I agree with you.
But the problem is, since he was forced out untimely,there was no good transition plans put in place to nurture this small small keepers to marturity before becoming our number one.
Enyeama follow Ike Shorumu serially until retirement before taking over from him and you can see the results.
But the case is different here.
The same problem of this same Oliseh ousted out Emenike,Ossaze, Victor Moses untimely,now look at what happened to this small small average boys brought to the team.
No seriousness,no tactical ability,no maturity of play,no nothing at all.
So I blame Oliseh for killing the team before he left.

The second set of people I will blame is NFF and most Nigeria fans.
Since Genor Rohr came to super eagle in 2016 or so,we have never had a challenge of qualifying for any major tournament.
He has already qualified us for the last nation cup and almost done with the world cup qualifications when NFf with their myopic thinking sacked him at the eve of a major tournament like nation cup.
And some fans were appllauding them.What was the man offence,some fans said he wasn't playing entertaining football.
I then asked,do you people prefer entertainment football to winning?
They couldn't answer me till now.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by myami: 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
virginchaser:
Well, it's a game anyway. My Ghana friend kept calling me to say what kwa? She must be very excited. Oh not a time we are still mourning terror attacks.
have you fùcked her
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by myami: 10:13pm On Mar 30, 2022
pulsa:

Same here my Ghana gf just laughed at me on the phon.
bros do you have any ghanian babe i can date? Maybe your gf's friend. Am crazy about them
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by myami: 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
Mariangeles:
With every goal that Ghana scores, Nigeria will have to score two goals to stay ahead.
how do you feel that we are not going to the worldcup?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by Mariangeles(f): 10:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
myami:
how do you feel that we are not going to the worldcup?

Life goes on. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by myami: 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
Mariangeles:

Life goes on. smiley
really! Are you nigerian at all
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by pulsa(m): 4:01am On Mar 31, 2022
myami:
bros do you have any ghanian babe i can date? Maybe your gf's friend. Am crazy about them

Don't be they are serial cheats.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by osazuwa23: 7:51am On Mar 31, 2022
even with roh we were not as good but we werent bad like eguoveon
Ishilove:
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by osazuwa23: 7:52am On Mar 31, 2022
we were to busy snapping pcitures with fans instead of trianing hard
byrron:
The SE is a microscopic reflection of Nigeria.

Nothing works in Nigeria and history keep repeating itself again and again and again and no lessons will ever be learned.

You can't compare the enthusiasm of the Ghanian team to the nonchalant and lackadaisical approach from the SE Instagram models and masters of levels & doings to an important game of this magnitude.

The team with a sense of duty and a burning desire to get to the Mundial emerged victoriously.

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by osazuwa23: 7:59am On Mar 31, 2022
he not nigerian this not qualifying really stings. there no footbal without nigeria cry
myami:
really! Are you nigerian at all
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by virginchaser(m): 10:09am On Mar 31, 2022
myami:
have you fùcked her

She is just a friend and not a bed mate. By the way, i don't go to maketsquare to ring a bell over such.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by Swanzi(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Even the GHANA Team is so incompetent.
Why can't AFCON give such Slot to EGYPT.
U needed to have watched Egypt Vs Senegal.
Both Ghana & Naija na dunce.
Trapping & Ball Control equals zero for both teams. It was more of a Basketball dan a soccer

Abegii shut up we’ve eliminated u football is not mathematics what’s the guarantee Egypt will even beat ghana was it not the same u Egypt b people beat at afcon and u were making noise all over the place…? Abegii go lick ur wounds ghana is better than u period..!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by Swanzi(m): 12:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
tit:
Great play by super eagles
Ghana can never win us.
1-1 goalless draw

U don’t get the drift Abi…? We’ve eliminated u we’re the reason ur not going to Doha stop crying
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by Swanzi(m): 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nicho118:

sharap there... Na only one goal Ghana go fit score for this world cup.

our hope is on Senegal

I can virtually feel ur pains Nigeria ntorrrrrr
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:

While Maduka Okoye will be thanking God that he didn't take the risk of being the goal keeper in that match against Ghana. If to say na him dem take dat kind direct shot score am again. I sure say as fans rush enter field dat dey....hmm. Na Maduka dem for d chase up and down. Infact till now dem go still dey chase am. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by AlphaTaikun: 11:29am On Apr 01, 2022
Biglittlelois:
We don't have men in this country anymore, what we have are bunch of mistakes, from leadership to sports, you are all bunch of failures, look at women in sports and even basketball, we beat top countries and qualified for all angry

Anyone that quotes me to insult himself will experience failure back to back this year, disappointing idiots angry
Lol... grin grin. @Biglittlelois, your reactive post cracked me up.

This is the reason why I stopped following male soccer matches for years now to avoid mental torture, and I've had peace of mind since
the early 2000s. Watching the 1994 Olympics soccer team, and 1994 Senior World Cup live gave me the most satisfaction, but after that era,
it's all been going down south.

People should STOP deriving their
joy and self-esteem from soccer and a few of these team sports.
A lot of folks who get reactive and violent after soccer match loses
are usually into sports gambling
or betting.

Individual sports such as chess
and golf, etc, are less toxic and better for one's sanity in the short, medium to long-term IMHO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by paulolee(m): 8:51am On Apr 03, 2022
m
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by boliatepa: 2:41am On Apr 07, 2022
What The World Cup Qualifier Says About Us...

A country so madly in love with the sport would put everything it has into winning because in football, Nigerians drown their sorrow and find national unity.

Its desire to be at the top of the game with a winning team in the World Cup should have been supported with a winning mentality, good vision, hard work and attention to detail.

The greatest sporting event in the world is not just for the talented, it is also for the pragmatic and planner.

No place is guaranteed for any nation but Nigeria behaved is if we were already qualified, perhaps because we have been in six out of the last seven championships.

As Nigeria faced Ghana in the final match, there was no reason to assume that Ghana would not qualify at Nigeria’s expense.

But our football administrators were careless, care free and assuming.

It was going to be a tough game. But how did Nigeria prepare?

Three months before the qualifier, the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) decided it was time to sack the national coach, Gernot Rohr, who had been at the helm for five years and had gradually improved the team.

In his place, Portuguese Jose Peseiro was named as the new coach, under an initial two-year contract.

“The Executive Committee endorsed a proposal for the appointment of Jose Peseiro as the new Head Coach of the Super Eagles,” a statement from the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) read just before the African Nations Cup began in Cameroon.

While this sounded like a plan, it was never one, because Peseiro would never start the job.

Former player and coach, Augustine Eguavoen, was initially appointed to lead the team to the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) before returning to his role as the country’s technical director.

Although Nigeria started with bright sparks, Tunisia quickly dimmed the light and Nigeria did not go far in the Nations Cup. The dismal failure at AFCON should have served as a warning signal.

Strangely, Eguavoen was given promotion for failure, and asked to manage the national team into the World Cup. The contract with Peseiro was shredded.

While a case can be made for home-brewed coaching manpower, it just so happens that sports has no respect for national quota or representation.

Nations go for results.

If the issue was with paying a foreign coach, Nigeria now stands to lose billions of naira in marketing income from being out of the World Cup.

Besides, a period of grooming would have been appropriate, at least one year ahead, instead of throwing a difficult task at Eguavoen and his team at the last minute.

There was absolutely no reason for Eguavoen to be given the task of qualifying Nigeria for Qatar by football administrations when he had just failed in the previous assignment in Cameroon.

There was hardly any merit in the reversal of the contract with Peseiro. When his selection was announced, NFF spoke glowingly about the credentials of the pick.

https://theinterview.ng/2022/04/06/what-the-world-cup-qualifier-says-about-us/
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:55pm On Apr 07, 2022
Lack of an efficient central midfielder gave us away
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by odin33: 1:18am On Apr 08, 2022
https:///+5LILc3bDYxRhN2Fk

Manchester United telegram group
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by Bennycollins: 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2022
Swanzi:

U don’t get the drift Abi…? We’ve eliminated u we’re the reason ur not going to Doha stop crying
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 by Bennycollins: 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2022
Swanzi:

Badluck occasioned by corruption and bloodshed in Nigeria may have handed you the ticket. The world knows the black star team is miles behind the Super eagles, just as we know Ghana are a waste of space in Qatar 2022. They will be the first team to return home.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Sudan - AFCON Qualifier (0 - 1) ON 11th October 2014 / Nigeria Vs South Africa AFCON 2023 Semi-Finals (4 - 2)pens On 7 Feb 2024 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.