Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) (75423 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess / Meet Nonye Soludo, The Next Anambra First Lady / Seven Lies The Nigerian Media Have Been Telling Against Ojukwu For 50 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) by zoedew: 3:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
cescky:

shut tha Bleep up rat...

bianca married as an adult..

if ya chimp ass dad saw opportunity for bianca, your local self serving too good classy ass, wont here abeg getat
That is how you see.
Re: Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) by cescky(m): 4:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
zoedew:
That is how you see.

You haven't gotten over this grin grin.

Mad man..

Ede pain you, but you can't keep that gutter you call bucal cavity shut...
Re: Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) by bluefilm: 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
Themainboy22:
Mrs. Obiano lack manners aswear. No matter how you look at it, she shouldn't had confronted Bianca in such manner, forgetten the fact that they were not in good terms/friends. Bianca is smart. Knowing that they (Obiano) are no more in power and obviously she did not came to the event because of them, she utilised that opportunity to show the wife that they are not mates and of same class. Notice how she was forced out of the event by security men like a nobody, but Bianca, being hailed by dignitaries. I hope she and her likes learn from this and grow TF up!.

If they should take this case to the courts, Bianca will be found guilty for being physical first.

Like they say, never hit a woman no matter what she says to you.
Re: Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) by cardoctor(m): 7:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
Chimaokigwe:
Yam legged savages.

See the kind of foolish animals ruling Igboland. No wonder everywhere in Igboland is in disarray. Very stupid Igbo leaders.

Lets reserve 7 thunders and lightning for you.
Re: Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) by zoedew: 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2022
cescky:

You haven't gotten over this grin grin.

Mad man..

Ede pain you, but you can't keep that gutter you call bucal cavity shut...
Your manners are horrible. Please turn a new leaf.
Re: Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) by LoveThemChubby(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2022
THE HYPOCRISY OF GENDER EQUALITY MESSAGES

I learnt the bias was broken in Anambra yesterday���.

Anyone who knows me well; family, friends, colleagues, classmates etc knows I don't subscribe to the term "gender equality (GE)" especially the Nigeria version, yes, Nigerian version even though I am a humanitarian/development worker. E shock you, relax, I have my reasons. One thing they will attest to is the fact that I mainstream gender top-notch. They will also tell you that in gender workshops I ask too many questions that sometimes make the facilitators uncomfortable but a few discussions afterward have always convinced them that I have valid points. I would prefer the term "balanced inclusiveness" to gender equality. Someday I'll write about my reservation for for Nigerian version of feminism, gender activism, gender champions etc but today let's focus on women lifting women in Anambra�. Some of the points from yesterday incident is part of my reservation for GE here.

1. Ebele Obiano called Bianca Ojukwu "ashawo" in the public of Igwe mmadu (in full glare of people including the media). These are same people (first ladies and Co.) that won't let us hear word with "gender equality" "women this, men against women" that. Initiating GE programmes, implementing and bashing "men" at all level for injustice.

Did you see the way she walked up to Bianca? If that's not gender violence, bullying, abuse then I don't know what else it is.
Since yesterday social media space have been agog with evidences of her violence on other women. In 2014, in far away Poland she called Senator Uche Ekwunife a "prostitute" in the full glare of people including the then first lady Patience Jonathan. An incident that made the first lady ban her never to be part of her entourage.
Here's where I have issues with gender messages; We've been made to always think that gender violence is men against women. When we hear Sexual, Gender Based Violence (SGBV) the first thing that comes to mind is "man". We've been so focused on "men, changing men, who raised him etc" that no one asks very pertinent questions like "who raised women like Ebelechukwu Obiano?" Will the society ever listen to what Oga Obiano have been through? No, he's a man.

#Breakthebias.

2. Bianca Ojukwu, another gender equality champion slapped Ebele Obiano in the full glare of the word with cameras rolling. A physical abuse against a verbal abuser. Since yesterday this act have been celebrated across social media including feminist, GE champions and activists. None of them have condemned what Bianca did. Don't get me wrong, I am not in any way supportive of the former Governor's wife. Infact if she walked up to me in such manner I won't slap her just once. She would have left with swollen eyes, twisted arms and some broken ribs. It's okay, I never told you it's a crime to defend yourself against an abuser. I don't take sh*t. My point is, why didn't Bianca return verbal abuse, why go physical violence?

Now here again is where I have issues with GE messages. The same people celebrating this have in the past submitted, posited, declared and stood for on this same space that "no amount of verbal abuse justifies a man physically abusing his wife". My question is what changed yesterday? Because its a woman verbal abuse now justifies physical violence? I have never and will never support a man hitting a woman. Please get the point. The double standard, hypocrisy and confusion is why my reservation for GE. My gender tend to shift the goal post at will, twist the rules to suit our interests and victory per time. It reeks more of a scam than a course to me.

#breaktherealbias

3. I saw a post from a feminist yesterday. She wrote and I quote "Talk true o.....if Odumegwu Ojukwu was sitting beside Bianca do you think that Ebele Obiano would have the guts to walk up to her and insult her“. I was like wow! Is she admitting now that a woman's husband/man represents coverage, protection, shield for her? No she's a feminist, she can't say this especially in public.

Attached is also is a comment from another feminist. I was shocked at her quick shift and I asked her "what is wrong with you guys? One minute it's partnership, nobody is the Head then another minute you are forcing the man to be the Head because matter don reach responsibility"��. Now the man is the head, the man is stronger because she's asked to give to a man without expectation. See her reaction, the same people that wants a man to give without expectation. What exactly do we want?
You see, too many times we twist the GE messages to represent our interest and arguments per time. It is never what it was yesterday. Why can't we be consistent, stick to one message no matter which gender is affected? Why is it okay when a woman does it and not okay when a man does same?
Why is it always about one gender and not the other? Why does GE seem to focus so much on "men and women" instead of the myriad of gender and exclusion issues?

#whatistherealbias

These are just a few of my problem GE arising from the incident in Anambra.
Please note, I don't like going with the crowd just because they are many. I am okay being the only one on the other side. I like asking questions that no one wants to ask so I won't be supprise with reactions to this post.

Re: Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) by compton11(m): 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2022
goodheart01:

Aren’t u foolish?
yes,you are!
Re: Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) by compton11(m): 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2022
Neddstark:

She fine pass our women. Make we talk true
who are we(our) women?
Re: Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) by compton11(m): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
studentwriter:
ipob terrorists will come for your head grin grin
gringrin
Re: Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) by NoApology(m): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2022
cheesy grin
vivaciousvivi:

You are clairvoyant o!
To think that he actually did but was nabbed at the airport

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-Rufai Sparks Reactions With New Photo Days After Withdrawing Ministerial / “Nigeria Will Cease To Exist By December 2015″ – Biafra Movement / BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.