Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess (17242 Views)

Peter Obi’s Stinginess Is Legendary – Chris Uba (Throwback) / Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) / Seven Lies The Nigerian Media Have Been Telling Against Ojukwu For 50 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by Gjrich(m): 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
Bianca Ojukwu, the widow of late Biafran leader, Odumegwu Ojukwu has shared a story on the supposed stinginess of Peter Obi.

Ojukwu was reacting to a statement made by a popular cleric, the Spiritual Director of Adoration Ministry Enugu, Nigeria, AMEN, Fr Ejike Mbaka who revealed why the Presidential candidate of Labour Party, LP, Mr Peter Obi will never become the next President of Nigeria.

The fiery priest had said to his congregants at the Adoration ground that Mr Obi is stingy and has been cursed, stressing that it would be better to have an old man as President than a ‘stingy young man’.

Bianca’s words, “In Life, you either live by your creed or you desecrate the mould by which the Almighty created you. Any progressive nation measures an individual by his values, not his vaults.

“If this way of life is what is derided as ‘stinginess’ on the part of Peter Obi, then we all need to adopt this mould for a more sustainable and more humane environment.”

Read full statement:

NO APOLOGIES, PLEASE, On Peter Obi’s supposed ‘Stinginess’ by Bianca Ojukwu

Sometime in 2009, ‘Mr’(as he preferred to be addressed) Peter Obi, Governor Of Anambra State at the time, visited Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu and myself at Dallas, Texas. He came to deliver a get well message from Dr Goodluck Jonathan and was billed to attend a black tie event at the Dallas Marriot.

Curiously, he flew into Dallas airport with one small carry on luggage which he insisted on wheeling around himself, and on getting to our residence requested to freshen up. He opened his carry on, filled with files and paperwork and a few toiletries and an extra shirt, when the Ikemba and I asked if he was expecting another item of luggage, and he said no.
‘Then, what will you be wearing to the event tonight?’, we inquired. It was at that point that it struck him that he couldn’t show up in his casuals at such a ceremony.

I insisted on taking him to the luxury men’s emporium at Nieman Marcus to buy a smart black suit. When we got there, he was busy doing the Dollar to Naira currency conversions. The suit that was a perfect match for him was a dapper Tom Ford suit with a price tag of 3,985 dollars plus tax.

He did the calculations and told me ‘Do you know how many students this amount of money can train in Nigeria?’ I reminded him that he was the governor as well as the special guest, and for the caliber of guests expected at that evening’s occasion, including the mayor, senators and captains of conglomerates amongst others, he needed to be dressed in top form.

To cut the story short, he refused to pay what he termed ’that outrageous price’ for the Tom Ford suit and that was how we ended up at Steinmart where he agreed to pay a more acceptable price of 220 dollars, tax inclusive, for a basic men’s suit which he was happy to wear to that evening’s event.

What struck me, was that as we were on the way to the airport to see him off for his return flight back to Nigeria, he reached for his pocket where he brought out an envelope of crisp hundred dollar bills. The amount in the envelope was 3,800 dollars.

He said ‘ Anyanwu, this is the balance of the money I would have paid for the ‘Ford’ suit. If the label on the suit was ‘Peter Obi’, I am wondering if anybody in America will pay that amount for it. I have deducted the amount we paid for that suit we eventually bought. Please use this balance for your Charity foundation to help those in actual need. I trust you will do so’. We all laughed heartily. Vintage Peter Obi!

The eventual beneficiaries of that Largese were Madam Theresa Agbo, a yam seller who became penniless and displaced when her Yam shed was gutted by fire, Callistus Egbe who was bedridden due to illness, and needed help with the school fees of his young children, and the Mgbemena family of six who were thrown out of their one room accommodation (which we subsequently doubled to two rooms) because their breadwinner fell upon hard times and could no longer afford the rent.

In Life, You either live by your creed or you desecrate the mould by which the Almighty created you. Any progressive nation measures an individual by his values, not his vaults.
If this way of life is what is derided as ‘stinginess’ on the part of Peter Obi, then we all need to adopt this mould for a more sustainable and more humane environment.
Iyom Bianca Odumegwu Ojukwu
16 June 2022.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/mbaka-for-sustainability-nigeria-needs-peter-obis-stinginess-bianca-ojukwu/amp/%3futm_source=break.ma&utm_medium=break.ma

176 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by christejames(m): 9:43pm On Jun 16, 2022
A woman of substance has spoken... Beauty with brain.

We are OBIdient and Prudent but never Stingy as Mbaka alleges.

323 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by PresidObi: 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2022
Omalicha nwanyi, we hear you. Peter Obi has all it takes to make Nigeria great again.

We need the whole country to come together in unity and support the most astute manager of resources we have among the presidential hopefuls.

Peter Obi for president of Nigeria.

233 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by ROTTWEILER007: 5:59am On Jun 17, 2022
If stinginess will translate to good governance, we Nigerian's are OK with Obi. For the first time in the history of Nigeria, God is using what the APC has in their hands(broom) to describe the Nigerians. Nigerians especially the south has never been this united, undeterred, they're focused with no room for distraction. They are even saying "yes" to what the perceived enemies may use as a campaign tool "stinginess" to try to demote their choice. I pray and I wish this will translate to PO winning the election and Nigerians especially the youth will not give up to demand for what is rightfully theirs.

170 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by Toneypen247(m): 5:59am On Jun 17, 2022
It is not only ludicrous but also unwitting for Mbaka to have made such a statement in the heat of this political uproar and support that Peter Obi is gathering.
By so doing, he has exposed his innate character as flawed with greed and ego. Thus, this will make him lose more followers and respect. The Bishop of his diocese has warned and suspended him to stay out of politics, but I guess they all fell on deaf ears.

Africans and Nigeria as a case study here, have begun to grow away from religious sentiment and attachment to the so-called custodian of revelational authority whose action only speaks of their selfish gains. The more reason you see the way Nigerians criticized him yesterday beyond religious beliefs.

Naija Youths, get your PVC now.
Your destiny is in your hands.
Take Charge of your future and that of your unborn kids.

The extension of voter registration would give more time for eligible Nigerians to exercise their right to participation during the 2023 and subsequent elections.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime,
God bless Nigeria.

Kindly check my signature below for your academic research writing assistance, Assignments, Projects, and content writing with Zero plagiarism.

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by UselessBuharist: 5:59am On Jun 17, 2022
We are all OBIdient here, any youth that is yet to see why we should chase out these old sick thieves is sick too. He or she want to suffer for another 8yrs.

INEC will be in trouble should they rig the 2023 election in favour of these old thieves

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by nony43(m): 6:00am On Jun 17, 2022
APC and PDP has been Dorime with out hard earned tax money and still the sharing and looting no de reach us. Abeg we need stingy person, politicians don too cash out on top of our head

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by foryourmindok: 6:00am On Jun 17, 2022
If you had a company worth $500bn, can you appoint this sick bat with corruption-tainted history as your CEO?

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:00am On Jun 17, 2022
grin Mbaka accidentally campaigned for obi unintentionally. He thinks by publicly calling Obi stingy because he refused to donate for his church project and ministry Nigerians will not vote for him.

I prefer to vote for the person that will not use tax payers money to donate to church and mosque project.

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by beautyhd: 6:00am On Jun 17, 2022
You don’t need to shout it fine woman, they have heard the message already and it was precise, loud and clear, unless for those wey no dey tire for suffering.

63 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by KogiPikin: 6:01am On Jun 17, 2022
M
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by Authoreety: 6:02am On Jun 17, 2022
Fact

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by Mandesz(m): 6:02am On Jun 17, 2022
This is why I must vote peter obi

32 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by Pakute: 6:02am On Jun 17, 2022
All these ibo agenda sef. Nigeria does not need a bald headed Pandora looting stingy man but a generous and experienced strategist that can reflate the economy and grow the country's GDP as fast as possible.
Let me ask you, Is Obi more frugal than Buhari?. If there's anyone that can be said not to give or spend, that would be Buhari. Buhari doesn't give donations to such an extent that he never releases funds to his party, rather the Governors solely fund the party. In all of the stinginess of Buhari, how has it affected our economy?
Pls, no stupid person or group of persons should deceive us with the tale of stinginess of Obi as a requirement for the Presidency, it is already a failed caimpaign strategy. Could Obi be flying economy class but live in one of the most expensive massive mansion in ikoyi?
Could he be stingy yet have properties estimated in millions of pounds in the UK?
Obi is a fraud and hypocrite that will never smell Aso rock.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by femicyrus(m): 6:02am On Jun 17, 2022
Ok

Increasing minimum wage to #100,000 to cushion the ravaging effect of inflation on Nigerians will surely be a waste of money to him too.

We are now obedient!
because obidient is another word for stinginess
We will vote against obi
We no go collect shii shii to vote a chronic giver instead of an obidient akagum

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by Saintsquare(m): 6:02am On Jun 17, 2022
Wonder
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by AnambraPrince: 6:02am On Jun 17, 2022
God forbid! Peter Obi = Poverty Pro Max

How can an endemic pathological chronic liar Obi that says stuff like, I have been wearing 1 shoe and 1 watch for 40 years, my 30+ yr old son don't have a car, I eat 1 time in a week.....and all kinds of bunkum, how can he bring prosperity to Nigerians?

Peter Obi will force extreme austerity and poverty on all Nigerians while the thief continues to loot millions of dollars abroad inside his Pandora accounts for himself and family, while others are encouraged to suffer.

Peter Obi is just another well packaged political fraud like Buhari. Peter Obi = an igbo version of Buhari. Tufiakwa undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by KEVIND: 6:03am On Jun 17, 2022
Some people says Buhari is stingy, so they don't want another stingy Peter Obi.
My reply is : Buhari is a generous man & very careless with govt money. That's why one person (The Accountant General of the Federation) could steal N170 billion.
Ahmed Idris is even at his home resting & enjoying the largesse (Free money from Buhari).
In all honesty,do anyone believe such money will go missing under a Peter Obi?

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by BafanaBafana: 6:05am On Jun 17, 2022
I never knew Nigerians love stingy people

8 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by dalass(f): 6:05am On Jun 17, 2022
grin

This nation has had and still having a lot of spendthrifts and kleptomaniacs that having a person who knows what is priority to spend on is seen as a miser. Obi is like Obasanjo, both don't spend carelessly

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by bobbyan(m): 6:05am On Jun 17, 2022
No be this woman slap someone's wife the other time

3 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by Laggafin: 6:05am On Jun 17, 2022
Lol.. obi dient ones no go give Shi shi

6 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by datola: 6:05am On Jun 17, 2022
[quote author=foryourmindok post=113876689]If you had a company worth $500bn, can you appoint this sick bat with corruption-tainted history as your CEO?

Do you think by abusing another candidate is the best way to sell your candidate

Some of you even whish him death.

You are doing much damage to Peter Obi with this your inhuman and approach.

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by Afamed: 6:06am On Jun 17, 2022
Nigeria does not need a stingy President at this time. What Nigeria needs is a prudent and visionary leader.
Obi stringiness is the reason why Anambra 1stson has no single Infrastructure development in his community in Anambra as we speak.

199 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by andyprez(m): 6:06am On Jun 17, 2022
Until we STOP this unnecessary sentiments and tribalism, we’ll never grow as a nation.

A Nigerian President MUST come from a region in Nigeria.

Please vote with your conscience.

4 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by TheKing4040(m): 6:06am On Jun 17, 2022
I love Peter obi, Peter obi for president y'all, I really pity most tinubu and atiku supporters, it's shameful and very insane to support these old men(no apologies). If we elect either of those old men then be rest assured that all the problems we see today will be triple before the next 4 years, for a common man with acute malaria, my guy spent almost 100k in a hospital for bed space, card etc even before paying for the main treatment, common man how can we continue like this, then imagine when you got a real sickness, na die be that. please how long can we continue like this my people? With obi we are sure of world class amenities let's throw away our religions and tribe and vote for a capable hand, buhari never did anything he promises, I wish death for him everyday for the pains and suffering and deaths of Nigerians , the other day obi went to observe how Egypt grows their power sector, that alone should give a right thinking person a good perspective of the future to expect.. Choose wisely my people

17 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 17, 2022
foryourmindok:
If you had a company worth $500bn, can you appoint this sick bat with corruption-tainted history as your CEO?

Tinubu is living in your I.pig brain rent free. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by olas24u(f): 6:07am On Jun 17, 2022
christejames:
A woman of substance has spoken... Beauty with brain.

We are OBIdient and Prudent but never Stingy as Mbaka alleges.
When she wanted to become a senator ,you chased her away,today ,she is a darling.

3 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by Naiira(m): 6:07am On Jun 17, 2022
Nigerians!!!

You have been presented with a lifetime opportunity - to move forward or backwards.

The choice before you is crystal.

For every kobo stolen from governance has a direct impact on your well-being as a citizen.

Think about it!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by okpas01: 6:09am On Jun 17, 2022
Bianca has said it all. Prudent people are not extravagant but can pay heavily for a just course.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by dalass(f): 6:09am On Jun 17, 2022
bobbyan:
No be this woman slap someone's wife the other time

And that's the message you got from what she said?

Someone's drunk wife must have really needed that slap badly grin

12 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: For Sustainability, Nigeria Needs Peter Obi’s Stinginess by naijapikin2(m): 6:09am On Jun 17, 2022
God bless you ma'am for aligning with the truth. Obi may not emerge winner but he surely has my vote. To hell with all those ancient of days in politics

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators / Udoma: We Don’t Have Funds To Pay Salaries, Pensions / Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.