Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins (3387 Views)

Onyeka Nnadozie Eze's Two Sets Of Twins And Wife (Photos) / Maternity Photoshoot Of A Mother Expecting Twins With Her 2 Sets Of Twins / This Couple Is Having Serious Disagreement Over Money Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by naijaclass(m): 1:20am On Mar 18, 2022
Dean Durrant & Alison Spooner are the lucky British couple who welcomed their first set of twins baby girls back in 2001. They’re a biracial couple, so they naturally expected their twins to have a bit of both.
But, things turned out very differently for the couple. One of the twins, Lauren, was born white while the other, Hayleigh, was born black – the chances of that happening are 1 in 500,000.

In 2009, fate had another big surprise for the lovely couple. They were expecting twin baby girls again! And, just like last time, Baby Miya was born black while Baby Leah was born white – making them the first family in the world to have two sets of twins, both having their own color; simply beautiful!
In an exclusive interview with The Sun, 18-year-old Hayleigh talked about how people don’t believe it when they see them:
“Some people can be really rude. They’ll say, ‘You’re lying, you aren’t twins — prove it!’“
“So we’ll reel off the same address or pull our passports out. It’s nice to see the shock on people’s faces. When we went to college it was difficult because there were lots of groups of Asian, white and black kids.”
“The black group were trying to integrate me and I was like, ‘This is my white twin sister.’”
“No one could believe it. People look at us like it’s some kind of miracle. I’m still amazed that we are twins.”

While Lauren also talked about how Hayleigh is her best friend:
“People just assume we’re best friends rather than sisters, let alone twins.”
“I’m happy with that because she is my best friend. We are going to go out clubbing together. The bouncers are going to get a shock when they see we are related.”
Their mother, Alison, spoke about feeling incredibly happy and elated with her twins:
“I can’t believe my miracle babies are turning 18.”
“They are best friends and close in every way, apart from looking different. It took me some years to understand the science of how they could appear so different.”
“They’re now more of a phenomenon with their friends. Their school used to have a big picture of them in biology class. No one could understand or believe it.”
Leah, their younger sister, also talked about the immense love she has for her older sisters:
“Lauren and Hayleigh are my heroes.”
“I like my older sisters. We want to be like them when we get grown up but we don’t see them at the moment, they are always at college or work.”
This beautiful family needs to be celebrated and loved! They represent pure love without boundaries or preconceived notions – we love it.

1 Like

Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by Kingpee2(m): 1:39am On Mar 18, 2022
This is pure history ,they should be used as examples to stop racism ...

13 Likes

Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by Freestainworld(m): 1:45am On Mar 18, 2022
Just look how lovely they are

5 Likes

Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by GboyegaD(m): 3:33am On Mar 18, 2022
Very beautiful family. Like how theirs is a story that breaks stereotypes.
Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by Passionnn: 4:04am On Mar 18, 2022
God is indeed Great.
Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by suffering: 5:00am On Mar 18, 2022
Lol. I thought it was a fully black partner married to a Caucasian one. I for say. It is very possible. His white side will combine with hers to form a Caucasian while his mixed [or black to caucasians] side will mix with her Caucasian genes to form a quadroon.

1 Like

Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by HandsomeHITLER(m): 5:11am On Mar 18, 2022
They're a walking symbol of SAY NO TO RACISM.

4 Likes

Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by sisisioge: 5:17am On Mar 18, 2022
The girls are so pretty!
Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 18, 2022
Kingpee2:
This is pure history ,they should be used as examples to stop racism ...
Have you stopped TRIBALISM.... ?
or do you think they are different...
At least stop the one closer to you.
By doing so, your efforts will reverberate & ripple to other parts of the world.
Thanks

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by Faber(m): 7:19am On Mar 18, 2022
The girls are super hot chicks...

Though the first group fine pass the second group. So the only boxers and singlet in this house na the man's own...

Bra, pant, leggings,wigs, make up kits everywhere
Na wa o,Oha next time make una born twin boys. Abi na only girls una sabi born
Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by beautyhd: 7:25am On Mar 18, 2022
Like some peeps up said, it’s a beautiful picture that can be used to discuss about racism.

Imagine someone being nasty to one twin because she’s black and the other draws blood for being rude to her twin.

1 Like

Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by HYDEEE: 7:52am On Mar 18, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Have you stopped TRIBALISM.... ?
or do you think they are different...
At least stop the one closer to you.
By doing so, your efforts will reverberate & ripple to other parts of the world.
Thanks
Loud it, people like pointing fingers.

2 Likes

Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by Alusiizizi(m): 8:14am On Mar 18, 2022
OP, there are no white children in that set. Just look at their noses and hair.
Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by Elianawalker(f): 9:04am On Mar 18, 2022
The girl on the extreme right is so beautiful...
Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by porthouse7(f): 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
I suspect this woman double dicking on same day
Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by saaron(m): 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Wonderful! This goes to show that we're all people of the same race whether black or white. Issues of race and racism is nothing but a human construct. Discrimination of people because of their skin color is nothing but PURE STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE.

Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by yemmit90: 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
But the father is not white nah, or my eyes just deceiving me.
Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by jesmond3945: 5:04pm On Mar 18, 2022
yemmit90:
But the father is not white nah, or my eyes just deceiving me.
wetin im be
Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by yemmit90: 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
jesmond3945:
wetin im be

Looking like someone from Thailand.
Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by Mofun: 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
It's really incredible. God's ways are past searching out!

Please check my signature.
Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by KaideeGee(m): 8:57pm On Mar 18, 2022
‘Take from among you an offering to the Lord. Whoever is of a willing heart, let him bring it as an offering to the Lord: gold, silver, and bronze;
Exodus 35:5 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/exo.35.5.NKJV

Let's Pray,
Heavenly Father, thank You for another day and opportunity to learn from You. Please once again teach us in ways we understand. Enlighten us into Your truth. Cleanse us and let Your will be done.
We pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Followers of God,
Whenever God makes a request of You, it isn't from some unknown and she faraway place, He asks from among You. God only asks for things He has given You, the Bible is replete with examples, Abraham and Isaac, The Shunamite woman, The Samaritan woman, the children of Israel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, lots and loads.
If God makes a request You can be rest assured that You are more than capable of achieving it. The issue is that many people fail to realize their potential, some even go as far as to ignore them, see the case of Jonah. God never does anything coincidentally.
Peace.
Re: British Couple Is The World’s First Family To Have Two Sets Of Biracial Twins by 9182736455O1999(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2022
Mixed race people too dey fine kiss smiley

(1) (Reply)

I'm Available For Adoption / Share Your Experience Using Skyrun Fridge or Freezer / Have You Ever Had An Inter-Tribal/Racial/Religious Relationship Or Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.