Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO (6812 Views)

Railway Debt Servicing Gulped $63m In Q1, Says DMO / Nigeria’s Debt Profile Hits N41.60 Trillion, Says DMO / Nigeria Serviced Debt With ₦1.47 Trillion In First Half 2021 – DMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by Iheukwu1987: 5:29am On Mar 18, 2022
Nigeria is the real.oni gbese MVP
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by Enyimbamercedes: 5:39am On Mar 18, 2022
Some people will say “ We NeEded to BoRRow to Fund InFrAsTRuctural dEFIcit” ! Infrastructural deficit kill you there

Calculate 107million barrels of stolen crude and you’ll see how much is we have lost due to corruption in a sector overseen by the Minister of Petroleum
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by Joseph08(m): 5:43am On Mar 18, 2022
...and Buhari is in London enjoying where there's light, good roads, planned economy, no Kiddnappers, low crime rate, etc.

Cursed leaders!
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by SarkinYarki: 5:45am On Mar 18, 2022
Buhari is no leader
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by AdeniyiA(m): 5:58am On Mar 18, 2022
They should kúkú sell the country... What a shame, our politicians have mortgage the future of our youths.

Hmmm... We have no choice than to take back our country from these looters

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by adefitim(m): 6:19am On Mar 18, 2022
When is FG gonna service me too?
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by Nonexisting: 6:23am On Mar 18, 2022
Buhari has finished this country.

Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by bergs2: 6:26am On Mar 18, 2022
chopnaira:
Using debt to service debt, while the lender gets richer .

The way you guys blame China as if they are the origin of our woes is flabbergasting!

Haven't you heard the adage that he who goes a borrowing goes a sorrowing?

China is again not the reason we borrow nor are they the reason we mismanage our finances.
This was how we continuously blamed the west when we got loans from WB, now we have turned the sane blame towards China.

Africa my continent.
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by Lightorder: 6:33am On Mar 18, 2022
Totilopussylick:
the problems begins from the day of colonial Masters.

The end isn't in any where near even after 20yrs.
Let us concentrate on the ones borrowed by APC
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by Aystarz: 6:34am On Mar 18, 2022
Segzy22:
If Russia and US could borrow even China, how do you expect Nigeria not to borrow? Stop this hatred to your country!!!!

If mere elementary school kids know the damning effects of borrowing at this magnitude on a largely consumer country like ours, why can't you a simplistic olodo agbaya afofungbemu understand that basic fact as well?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by anonimi: 6:59am On Mar 18, 2022
Xscape1993:
The only language that APC understands is borrow and nothing more. I doubt if the problems that APC has created for Nigeria can be solved in the next 20 years.

What does that say about Obasanjo's intelligence, if he backed Bubu when he knew he was a nonentity on the economy

citizenisb:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says President Muhammadu Buhari may not do well in economy and foreign affairs, except in military matters.

“Buhari is not a very hot person on the economy and foreign affairs,” Obasanjo said.

The former President stated this on Monday at the third International Conference on African Development Issues — themed, “Driving inclusive and sustainable development in Africa: Models, methods and policies” — organised by Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.

While reacting to a question posed to him by a member of the audience: “Is there any hope for Nigeria under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari?”, Obasanjo replied, “Is there any hope for Nigeria under this administration? I came back from Geneva, Switzerland a few days ago to attend a conference titled, ‘Are elections giving democracy a bad name?’ We had an election, we elected a leader and the good thing about democracy is that the power you have to elect a leader is also the power you have to remove him. I am saying this because I said earlier that if you don’t see any leader that has done well in the 56 years of Nigeria’s independence, then let us forget about Nigeria.

“I will tell you what I know and I will tell you what I don’t know. I know Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. He served under me in the military. His characteristics that I know, his behaviour that I know, he has not deviated from them. He was never a perfect man, he is not a perfect man and no leader can ever be a perfect man because they are human beings. But if you read my book, what I said about him is correct. He is not a hot person when it comes to economy. He is not a very hot person when it comes to foreign affairs. But he will do well in matters of military and he will do well in fighting Boko Haram.”

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-not-sound-economy-foreign-affairs-obasanjo/

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by anonimi: 7:01am On Mar 18, 2022
Segzy22:
If Russia and US could borrow even China, how do you expect Nigeria not to borrow? Stop this hatred to your country!!!!

Are you also an empty head like Bubu on economics to be making this useless comparison?
Is the US or Russia with the highest number of children out of school & the world capital of extreme poverty ahead of India's almost 1.5 billion people?
Is the US or Russia having almost zero industrial capacity to create value for exports to other countries

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by anonimi: 7:07am On Mar 18, 2022
rocknation62:
And one 69 year old man calling himself Yoot has been going around begging & lobbying to be the next president.

The only 69 I know is s*x position

After looting Lagos into a shithole with heavy debts also despite oil prices at $140 and huge IGR increase.
Maybe it is the silent curse of Lagosians that have made him an Atosara, peepee pikin

itubaba001:
Lagos, the commercial hub of Nigeria, has been ranking as one of the worst places to live in the world for the nine straight years, a BusinessDay analysis shows.

Data from the 2019 Global Liveability Index published by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the world’s leader in global business intelligence, shows the city has been within the range of 137th-139th position out of a total of 140 cities in the world from year 2011-2019.
Last year, Nigeria overtook India as the country with the largest number of people living in extreme poverty, thereby becoming the world capital of poverty, according to the Brookings Institute. This year, the number has risen to 91.6 million from 87 million in June 2018. Every minute, six Nigerians enter the group of extremely poor people, according to the World Poverty Clock.

Economic experts have blamed the rising population of Lagos putting more pressure on the available resources, low level of government reforms and rising poverty rate.

Gbolahan Ologunro, an equity research analyst at Lagos-based CSL Stockbrokers said, “There is a high level of people living in Lagos and I don’t think the housing infrastructure is adequate to accommodate the large number of people in the city.”

“For Lagos, being a commercial hub, there are lots of people from rural areas coming into the city on a daily basis. However the improvement for supply for housing units does not keep in pace for the influx of people into the city .So the overall impact is that you have a large number of people living in areas or homes that will be considered as inadequate for human welfare,” Ologunro further said.

According to the National Population Commission of Nigeria (NPC), Lagos has a population of over 21 million as at 2016 and by year 2050, its population is expected to double, which will make it the 3rd largest city in the world.

The EIU examines the quality of health care, education, infrastructure, stability, and culture when assessing living conditions of each city. More than 30 factors are taken into account when calculating each rank, which are then complied into a weighted score between one and 100.

From the indictors used for the ranking index which was stability, healthcare, culture & environment ,education and infrastructure , Lagos, fairly scored 20.0, 37.5, 53.5, 33.3 and 46.4 respectively which dragged its score to 38.5 from a total of 100.This score remains unchanged from the previous year but its ranking moved up by on position to 138th.
Ayodeji Ebo, MD, Afrinvest Securities Limited said that based on the indicators that were used, there have not been any major improvement and that rural urban migration has increased significantly which has put more pressure on the available resources in terms of infrastructure, health, education and social amenities.

“Even though we have seen some development, we cannot compare the rate of development that we have seen relative to the rate of the infrastructure spending or the rate of population that we are seeing. Population pressure is affecting social amenities ,which is why we are still lagging behind,” Ebo also added.

The top 5 most liveable cities in the world are Vienna, Austria scoring 99. 1; Melbourne, Australia with 98.4; Sydney, Australia with 98.1; Osaka, Japan with 97.7 and Calgary, Canada had 97.5.

The least liveable cities were Damascus in Syria, Lagos in Nigeria, Dhaka in Bangladesh, Tripoli in Libya and Karachi in Pakistan which scored 30.7, 38.5, 39.2, 40.4 and 40.9 respectively.

“Inadequate infrastructure is one of the major problems. The poverty level in the country is high and government policies or reforms are not happening as fast as they should to improve the standard of people living in the country.

If all these things do not change, then Lagos and Nigeria as a whole will still lagged when compared with other cities in the world where developmental activities are happening”, Ibrahim Tajudeem, Head of Research, Chapel Hill Denham expressed.

https://businessday.ng/uncategorized/article/lagos-ranks-amongst-worst-cities-to-live-in-for-nine-straight-years/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by gambia(m): 7:08am On Mar 18, 2022
Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by rocknation62(m): 7:09am On Mar 18, 2022
anonimi:

After looting Lagos into a shithole with heavy debts also despite oil prices at $140 and huge IGR increase.
Maybe it is the silent curse of Lagosians that have made him an Atosara, peepee pikin

You’re not far from the truth…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by proclinician: 7:23am On Mar 18, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Obasanjo spent 16bn dollars on power and as I de type this, I de charge my phone in my car.

It's colonial masters that caused it.

Ode
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by eldoradoxx: 7:26am On Mar 18, 2022
This is the public record of APC's failed government that Nigerians should be interested in as the next election approaches in asking whether APC is worthy of being entrusted with leadership of this country going forward.
A party that met national debt at about 12 billion dollars in 2015 but raised it to over 90 billion dollars less than 8 years later without much to show for it certainly does not under any circumstance deserve your votes in 2023. There is total collapse of electricity infrastructure, PDP built about 17 new power stations such as Alaoji, Omotosho, Papalanto, Geregu, Ihovbor, Olorunsogo, today if u have 3 hours of electricity anywhere in Nigeria per day, then thank your stars. No fuel, diesel prices are out of reach of common people thereby pushing the cost of running businesses up and of course the end users who are Nigerian masses pay high prices.
I can go on and on. The question is where are the moneys APC government borrowed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by Reference(m): 7:33am On Mar 18, 2022
“It invariably becomes a debt problem. The government’s actual revenue can hardly cover the recurrent budget which implies that the entire capital budget is being funded from borrowing. This is surely not sustainable.”

This is what we said a few years ago.
This reprobate government has REFUSED to cut down recurrent expenditure while 'borrowing' the life blood of this country away.
It is like a man who is on half salary, whose personal business was ravaged by the pandemic and whose income is fractions of what it was years ago but refuses to adjust his expenditure to meet realities.

They keep on hiding behind subsidies as the holes in the national treasury bucket but conveniently ignore the humongous elephant of cost of governance.
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by Moneyboyz: 7:47am On Mar 18, 2022
6.6 borrowed, 5.5 looted from the borrowed.
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by todaynewsreview: 7:53am On Mar 18, 2022
This seems to be the only sincere agency in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by Shikini: 7:58am On Mar 18, 2022
Useless president
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by NwuyeMadu: 8:19am On Mar 18, 2022
Who in his right senses borrow to service debt...
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by Sonn(m): 8:28am On Mar 18, 2022
This country is gradually going down the drain every minute under this APC dispensation led by PMB and nothing is been done to stop them,
How will Nigeria survive the after effects of this disaster it's witnessing today,
God please hear our cry ( the poor masses ) and wipe away this evil party and it's government,
The worst is they are planning to impose another sick person on us,
Who will stop this evil plot?
God you alone.
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:52am On Mar 18, 2022
As a good Nigeria citizen , I have borrowed 35,000 this week and servicing debt with 8000...
If any loan app call me I will tell them Nigeria too is owing money, make them no kill me, I will pay when I have the money lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by naturefellow(m): 9:18am On Mar 18, 2022
Totilopussylick:

does it mean that the dimwit leaders should keep compounding it?
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by MoIbrahim: 9:50am On Mar 18, 2022
rocknation62:
And one 69 year old man calling himself Yoot has been going around begging & lobbying to be the next president.

The only 69 I know is s*x position

Is it really about age or performance? Have the young politicians been any more productive?
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 18, 2022
Where are all the pan African superman. All those fools spitting in the west, All those ass holes claiming to be the representative of all black people. Come and see what is happening in your back yard. The west did not make you sell your country to China, I have not seen any of your posts condemning this. This is the most populous black nation on earth and all of a sudden you guys are dickless. When the pay you small rubles to generate negative sentiment against the West, you will come here and write epistle camouflaged as Pan African BS.
Re: Nigeria Borrowed ₦6.64tn, Serviced Debt With N₦2.93tn In 2021, Says DMO by TruthinAction: 11:10am On Mar 18, 2022
Borrowing to fund their terrorist activities and enrich themselves. Where is the evidence of the money borrowed? Insecurity is worse than ever. Our refineries are still not working. There is no improved power supply. So, what are they borrowing the monies for if not for selfish reasons. They will all one day stand before God and give account of their stewardship.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Over 60 Refinery Licences Inactive 18yrs After As Fuel Import Thrives / Nigeria Denies Ex-US Envoy, Campbell, Visa / Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.