Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. (34159 Views)

Screenshots:How I Lost This Bet9ja Betslip. / Nigerian Wins $1,147,449 In Poker Game In The US / Rafael Nadal's 80-foot Luxury Superyacht In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Lebohantutu: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2022
shocked
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by MakeMoves: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2022
Tax avoidance?
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Mystic969: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2022
post=111133407:

Gbamsolutely!
END OF THREAD!!

We move...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Alusiizizi(m): 9:36am On Mar 18, 2022
To all those Nigerians buying private jets and forming international big boy, if you don't own even a mid-class yacht you no follow for club.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by oluztx: 9:37am On Mar 18, 2022
dipson4u08:
This guy is tactically hiding or keeping his assets in the custody of his friends to avert more sanctions ... smart guy

Only you have sense to see what he is doing. most Nigerians don't reason.

4 Likes

Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by jamef: 9:38am On Mar 18, 2022
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 18, 2022
Good to see back. I thought he didnt have power to charge his phone or fuel to put in his I pass my neighbour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Mooh247: 9:39am On Mar 18, 2022
Sense won't kill Abramovich

He is hiding his properties with friends and allies all in the name of gambling
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by fashrola(m): 9:39am On Mar 18, 2022
To avoid seizure.... Na smart guy!!!
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by osazsky(m): 9:40am On Mar 18, 2022
See waiting men take they place bet yet u will still see some clowns that stakes with 100 naira....saying how bet ruined my life..my salary..my marriage is at risk bla bla untop 100 maira bet everyday
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Flier: 9:40am On Mar 18, 2022
Russia is a wealthy nation,richer than Saudi x2 but sadly the Oligarchs and government monopolized everything,share the wealth and impoverished the majority of ordinary Russians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by SmartyPants(m): 9:43am On Mar 18, 2022
Aufbauh:

The fact that you can gain a lost item back with less effort or resources doesn't immune you from the immediate pain or shock. That's my point. The logic is simple and straight even to a kid.
$170m loss in a poker isn't a piece meal which is why it's on the news. He might have lost meager stuff in the past which is not News worthy.

Value is relative.

$170 million might be plenty to you and I, and even perhaps to the writer of the article. But it is a mere fraction of value to a man like Roman Abramhimovich who has sunk billions into Chelsea for fun.

The figure lost is not up to 3% of his net worth.

Even having said that, we must then add some context, which is to say that he probably won't spend more than 3 billion for the rest of his life anyway.

The yatch is relatively nothing to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by kingyakos: 9:43am On Mar 18, 2022
Aufbauh:
Abramovich is a serial Gambler!

Says who?
Do you know what's $170m? This is a whooping #85B that can make 85 Nigerian's a Billionaires. It can pay annual wages of more than 5 Chelsea players. Not even CR7 or Messi earns this amount from football in a year.

Logically, if the money is not as valuable or 'pinching' as you observed they wouldn't have place bet on it. Simple!

His is not running a baba igebu business that loosing $170m could even rise his BP.
He has been a billionaire in hard currency for more than 25rys
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by 989900: 9:44am On Mar 18, 2022
pyro62:
He gambles for fun. This man is richer than Dangote, so it's not this miserable yatch that would give him sleepless night.

If you have #20000 and lose #200 in a bet, it is not so bad that's how rich men gamble. But the poor man would have #20000 and he will gamble with #19500 lose everything and be expecting pity from people grin

Actually, Dangote is roughly 3 times richer than Abrahamovic . . . and Dangote is set to be even richer.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Realists(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2022
MakeMoves:
Tax avoidance?

What a good way to escape from sanctions of the evil west. Poker is now a legal Instrument of transfer.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Judolisco(m): 9:45am On Mar 18, 2022
Freestainworld:
The lost that can never scratch the billionaire
even a million is a loss
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by koolaid87: 9:46am On Mar 18, 2022
Arrange poker game.

What a nice way to transfer assets without huge tax

Na padi padi deal

2 Likes

Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by onatisi(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2022
you can never investigate ,query or question a gambling win

dipson4u08:
This guy is tactically hiding or keeping his assets in the custody of his friends to avert more sanctions ... smart guy
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by LOVEGINO(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2022
Aufbauh:
Abramovich is a serial Gambler!

Says who?
Do you know what's $170m? This is a whooping #85B that can make 85 Nigerian's a Billionaires. It can pay annual wages of more than 5 Chelsea players. Not even CR7 or Messi earns this amount from football in a year.

Logically, if the money is not as valuable or 'pinching' as you observed they wouldn't have place bet on it. Simple!
guy na fun.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by emmanuelbrown26: 9:48am On Mar 18, 2022
paulolee:
thats d life of a gambler....he lost d yatch doesn't mean its dt sane worth of moni he lost, maybe he lost it at a smaller price due to what d gambling is all about
when gambling, crazy stakes do come up especially wen it involves d impossible, for example my uncle lost his $3,500 dollars sets of diamond ring, chain n watch in dis last PSG game..
he www watching with his friends n boldly said he can stake dt set of jewelries dt madrid cnt get pass PSG during halftime after mbappe had scored..
d guy dt staked with him was d owner of the bar n a united fan n he placed just 800k n my uncle accepted bcoz he thought it was almost impossible..
he lost dt bet n d man asked him to wire 1.5m if he needs his jewelries back n he paid so d next day after his friends helped him wit some funds..
d point here is dt, wen gambling if u are faced with almost impossible odd, dey are chances to even stake ur wife or ur house....dts d spirit..
U are realest and silent Gee I hv seen on nairaland
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Born2Breed(f): 9:51am On Mar 18, 2022
Lol. Thought it was recent.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by udemzyudex(m): 9:51am On Mar 18, 2022
Lose Indeed.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Vinceobrian(m): 9:51am On Mar 18, 2022
paulolee:
thats d life of a gambler....he lost d yatch doesn't mean its dt sane worth of moni he lost, maybe he lost it at a smaller price due to what d gambling is all about
when gambling, crazy stakes do come up especially wen it involves d impossible, for example my uncle lost his $3,500 dollars sets of diamond ring, chain n watch in dis last PSG game..
he www watching with his friends n boldly said he can stake dt set of jewelries dt madrid cnt get pass PSG during halftime after mbappe had scored..
d guy dt staked with him was d owner of the bar n a united fan n he placed just 800k n my uncle accepted bcoz he thought it was almost impossible..
he lost dt bet n d man asked him to wire 1.5m if he needs his jewelries back n he paid so d next day after his friends helped him wit some funds..
d point here is dt, wen gambling if u are faced with almost impossible odd, dey are chances to even stake ur wife or ur house....dts d spirit..

Tell them to watch Focus by will Smith, they will understand gamblers are crazy with stakes
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Ambber(f): 9:53am On Mar 18, 2022
rich people's problem *shrugs*
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by sleekflow(m): 9:53am On Mar 18, 2022
Many read but do not comprehend... The post says the gamble happened way back in 2006... The whole post is based on history... Year when I finish sec school undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Abbeyrabbit43: 9:53am On Mar 18, 2022
CaptainStephen:
Lol

Can't you all see a coded transfer of his property to another person?

Man no want government to collect am. grin

Na only u get sense for here my brother
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by pyro62(m): 9:53am On Mar 18, 2022
989900:

Actually, Dangote is roughly 3 times richer than Abrahamovic . . . and Dangote is set to be even richer.

Well I was wrong. This year dangote made a 30% increase in his money and got $13.9billion and that's 1billion more than the Russian billionaire. You don't have to make unnecessary exaggerations
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Berankis: 9:55am On Mar 18, 2022
paulolee:
There no impossible odds or outcomes in gambling. Anything is possible. It has been happening and will continue to happen. We have seen greatest comebacks before and more to come...
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Owolewam: 9:58am On Mar 18, 2022
the man use sense safeguard his yacht from UK's sanction
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by oluwole4love: 9:59am On Mar 18, 2022
Are you sure its not a strategy so that government will not size it as they sized his assets?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesse Lingard Reacted To Marcos Rashford Penalty (pics/video) / Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights / Papa Eaglets And Our Cheating Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.