Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. (34189 Views)

Screenshots:How I Lost This Bet9ja Betslip. / Nigerian Wins $1,147,449 In Poker Game In The US / Rafael Nadal's 80-foot Luxury Superyacht In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by BabaIbo: 10:00am On Mar 18, 2022
Na lie, e no loose am.

He only gave it to him to keep while he faces the current challenges from UK government and others.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Bignuell(m): 10:01am On Mar 18, 2022
CaptainStephen:
Lol

Can't you all see a coded transfer of his property to another person?

Man no want government to collect am. grin
na only you don talk sense since i start dey read comments

1 Like

Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Igbofam: 10:02am On Mar 18, 2022
pyro62:
He gambles for fun. This man is richer than Dangote, so it's not this miserable yatch that would give him sleepless night.

If you have #20000 and lose #200 in a bet, it is not so bad that's how rich men gamble. But the poor man would have #20000 and he will gamble with #19500 lose everything and be expecting pity from people grin

The comment in bold is false.

Abrahamovic is worth $7.1billion as at 2022 while Dangote is worth $14billion as at 2022. Roman Abrahamovic is nowhere richer than Dangote
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Fmghewzy(m): 10:03am On Mar 18, 2022
CaptainStephen:
Lol

You are smart my brother. wink wink
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by baconline(m): 10:04am On Mar 18, 2022
It a cover up not to have it sanctioned, he will win it back after the war,just watch
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 18, 2022
Scam...he don't want the UK govt to cease it, his friend will now help him send it to Russia grin
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by atheistandproud(m): 10:07am On Mar 18, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:
One word

Money laundering

Wisdom
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Johnnyplus01k(m): 10:09am On Mar 18, 2022
The end of an era
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Goldbw122(m): 10:17am On Mar 18, 2022
Hmm, that is a whooping money
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Convention107: 10:22am On Mar 18, 2022
CaptainStephen:
Lol

U wise oo
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by JohnWickLIVES(m): 10:22am On Mar 18, 2022
What a joke! Lost $175m my ass... Dude just claims this so UK won't seize his Yacht. Can't seize what doesn't belong to you...
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by 4kizo(m): 10:28am On Mar 18, 2022
Abrahimovic don't want government to collect am....

He rather give it to his friend than UK government

Nice one Mr money man
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Amwitty(f): 10:30am On Mar 18, 2022
Aufbauh:
Abramovich is a serial Gambler!

Says who?
Do you know what's $170m? This is a whooping #85B that can make 85 Nigerian's a Billionaires. It can pay annual wages of more than 5 Chelsea players. Not even CR7 or Messi earns this amount from football in a year.

Logically, if the money is not as valuable or 'pinching' as you observed they wouldn't have place bet on it. Simple!
It won't even make the headlines if it wasn't valuable and pinching. What a huge loss
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by olatunjithomas(m): 10:50am On Mar 18, 2022
Aufbauh:
Abramovich is a serial Gambler!

Says who?
Do you know what's $170m? This is a whooping #85B that can make 85 Nigerian's a Billionaires. It can pay annual wages of more than 5 Chelsea players. Not even CR7 or Messi earns this amount from football in a year.

Logically, if the money is not as valuable or 'pinching' as you observed they wouldn't have place bet on it. Simple!

When you talk about earning in dollars, stop converting it to naira. That is when it starts looking like a problem to you.

Someone spends 50 dollars on breakfast. You covert it to Naira, that is where the problem starts. You'll now start wondering the kind of food that would cost that much.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by SunTzu123(m): 10:50am On Mar 18, 2022
Na lie joor; he doesn't want to lose his yacth (due to sanctions) so he arranged to "loose" it to his friend in a poker game. After the sanctions are lifted his friend will "loose" it back to him. Smart chess players.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by SmartyPants(m): 10:53am On Mar 18, 2022
CaptainStephen:
Lol

Did you see the date of the exchange?
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Aufbauh(m): 10:57am On Mar 18, 2022
SmartyPants:

Value is relative.

$170 million might be plenty to you and I, and even perhaps to the writer of the article. But it is a mere fraction of value to a man like Roman Abramhimovich who has sunk billions into Chelsea for fun.

The figure lost is not up to 3% of his net worth.

Even having said that, we must then add some context, which is to say that he probably won't spend more than 3 billion for the rest of his life anyway.

The yatch is relatively nothing to him.

Mr . keep your presumptuous relativity to yourself cus I'd put that into consideration already. Maybe you think it's one village naive guy who hasn't seen money in print and digits that is making up this.

$170m anywhere in the world or to anyone in the world is huge.
The value of money is proportional to what it can purchase. Comparing it to the percentage of his worth is ridiculously naive to say the least.
Do you know that the loss of 0.2% of a billionaire is more huge a loss than a millionaire that lose 10% of his worth?

What you can do with money universally matters more than what it is to you. Simple Economics.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by HardMirror(m): 10:57am On Mar 18, 2022
verybadmouth:
Roman can't b playing poker amidst all the sanction wey dey the guy head.
I am seeing this from another angle. This could be a trick so as to transfer his assets to another person so the uk cant seize it as they are currently seizing the properties of oligarchs
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by HardMirror(m): 11:02am On Mar 18, 2022
SmartyPants:

Value is relative.

$170 million might be plenty to you and I, and even perhaps to the writer of the article. But it is a mere fraction of value to a man like Roman Abramhimovich who has sunk billions into Chelsea for fun.

The figure lost is not up to 3% of his net worth.

Even having said that, we must then add some context, which is to say that he probably won't spend more than 3 billion for the rest of his life anyway.

The yatch is relatively nothing to him.
I have noticed that you always make stupid comments. $170M is a lot of money even to Elon musk. That money is over 50% of budget of transfers of the biggest clubs in the world. If he loses that every week (sin e to you it is chicken change) he would be bankrupt under a few months.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Aufbauh(m): 11:04am On Mar 18, 2022
olatunjithomas:

When you talk about earning in dollars, stop converting it to naira. That is when it starts looking like a problem to you.

Someone spends 50 dollars on breakfast. You covert it to Naira, that is where the problem starts. You'll now start wondering the kind of food that would cost that much.

There's no problem in me converting the money to naira so that I can pass the message simply to the Nigerian I quoted his mention.

However, I've make it clear universally by giving an example of what that money can do using the two richest footballers that earned in dollars. $170m is huge anywhere in the world or to anyone in the world.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by HardMirror(m): 11:05am On Mar 18, 2022
Aufbauh:

Mr . keep your presumptuous relativity to yourself cus I'd put that into consideration already. Maybe you think it's one village naive guy who hasn't seen money in print and digits that is making up this.

The value of money is proportional to what it can purchase. Comparing it to the percentage of his worth is ridiculously naive to say the least.
Do you know that the loss of 0.2% of a billionaire is more huge a loss than a millionaire that lose 10% of his worth?

What you can do with money universally matters more than what it is to you. Simple Economics.
only poor people would say $170m is nothing to a billionaire. That is why once they see small money the squander it in clubs and on girls because they dont understand the value of money and why they remain poor. $170m is a lot of money even to Elon musk. Ignore that fool that calls himself smartypanties

1 Like

Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by SmartyPants(m): 11:08am On Mar 18, 2022
Aufbauh:

Definitely what you sound like.

If the topic is the value of loss to Mr. Abrahmovich, then the only question is of the subjective/relative value. There is no concept of objective value in economics, btw. Value is inherently a concept of demand - and if you understand that, the point is clear.

But i doubt you'd get it so carry on.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by HardMirror(m): 11:09am On Mar 18, 2022
olatunjithomas:

keep talking rubbish there. Perhaps only 3 footballers can claim they are worth more than $170m and when I say worth, I dont mean transfer market worth o. I mean net worth. You think $170m is beans? He can afford it but it is a huge cost to him
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Phut(f): 11:12am On Mar 18, 2022
CaptainStephen:
Lol

It happened in 2006.
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Phut(f): 11:14am On Mar 18, 2022
dipson4u08:
This guy is tactically hiding or keeping his assets in the custody of his friends to avert more sanctions ... smart guy
It happened in 2006. So no, it wasn’t to avoid “more sanctions.”
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by habbey99(m): 11:17am On Mar 18, 2022
Phone, computer & playstation | xbox.
We repair, buy, & sell.
@Haceloft Technologies.

Whatsapp | call - 08072155416
Our location : BASHORUN IBADAN..

Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by paulolee(m): 11:19am On Mar 18, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
U are realest and silent Gee I hv seen on nairaland
thanks bro
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by paulolee(m): 11:19am On Mar 18, 2022
Vinceobrian:

Tell them to watch Focus by will Smith, they will understand gamblers are crazy with stakes
swears man...don watch am
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 18, 2022
Asset Protection Mechanism against sanctions by enemy states.

Follow that up with title change and have the friend sell it out and concentrate the proceeds in a trust for future reconciliation.

Smart move.

1 Like

Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by seanwilliam(m): 11:29am On Mar 18, 2022
CaptainStephen:
Lol

you’re a very smart human being
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by Aflix(m): 11:29am On Mar 18, 2022
Aufbauh:

i just tire for Wetin that guy de talk since. I’m sure that if he loses 1k from 100k im go pain am small. Even $50 million go pain Abramovich, talk less of over a $100 million. You know how many players he go use am buy for Chelsea
Re: Abramovich Lost This $175 Million Superyacht To His Billionaire Friend In Poker. by saintrow1: 11:30am On Mar 18, 2022
Ways to by pass sanctions and retain wealth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights / Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Won’t Play For Arsenal Until Further Notice / Papa Eaglets And Our Cheating Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.