Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? (483 Views)

Apostle Paul Okikijesu 2021 Prophecies: Crisis In Aso Rock, A Governor Will Die / The Many Mistakes Of Apostle Paul's Teachings: Mistake No. 7 Correction / "Passenger In Keke Turns Python, Swallows A Boy In Bonny" - Apostle Paul Umoru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AntiChristian: 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2022
Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 14 vs 34:

The women should keep quiet in the churches, for they are not authorized to speak, but should take a secondary and subordinate place, just as the Law also says.

In the above, "just as the law also says" qualifies "Women should keep quiet in Churches for they are not authorized to speak but should take a secondary and subordinate place."[/b] It therefore can be deduced the law categorically says that statement.

Where does the law state that women should take a subordinate/secondary place and should keep quiet in Churches as they are not authorized to speak?
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AllahEatsShit: 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
Paul was admonishing the women in one particular congregation (the Church of Corinth) and not all women in all churches.
There are examples of women praying and prophesying in the Church which Paul does not condemn.
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AllahEatsShit: 1:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
Paul was admonishing the women in one particular congregation (the Church of Corinth) and not all women in all churches.
There are examples of women praying and prophesying in the Church which Paul does not condemn.

As for what law Paul was referring to, the law is found in

Genesis 3:16 which states;

"....Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you"

This is why women are allowed to pray and prophesy in Church, but if they have any questions about things that are not related to matters of doctrine, they should ask their husbands at home:

1st Corinthians 14:35

If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home;

AntiChristian:
Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 14 vs 34:

The women should keep quiet in the churches, for they are not authorized to speak, but should take a secondary and subordinate place, just as the Law also says.

In the above, "just as the law also says" qualifies[b] "Women should keep quiet in Churches for they are not authorized to speak but should take a secondary and subordinate place."[/b] It therefore can be deduced the law categorically says that statement.

Where does the law state that women should take a subordinate/secondary place and should keep quiet in Churches as they are not authorized to speak?
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
AllahEatsShit:
Paul's many opinions and admonitions, as documented in his letters, may have been sourced from sources close to his time serving as a Pharisee, where some of them can be traced back to Old Covenant Law of Moses. undecided
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AntiChristian: 2:17pm On Mar 18, 2022
AllahEatsShit:

Did Paul state this?

Where?
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AntiChristian: 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
AllahEatsShit:

As for what law Paul was referring to, the law is found in

Genesis 3:16 which states;

This is why women are allowed to pray and prophesy in Church, but if they have any questions about things that are not related to matters of doctrine, they should ask their husbands at home:

If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home;

Sorry, that Law quote does not agree with what Paul says!

Paul says the Law said The women should keep quiet in the churches, for they are not authorized to speak, but should take a secondary and subordinate place

The Law never said ladies are not to speak in churches!
The Law never said ladies should keep quiet in Churches!
The law never said Ladies should take a secondary and subordinate place!

Your quote from Gen 3:16 was not referring to the Church but a husband in relation to his wife.

Give me the law Paul quoted from not what he interpreted from? Remember Paul said "just as the laws says"!
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

[b]Where does the law state that women should take a subordinate/secondary place and should keep quiet in Churches as they are not authorized to speak?

1) The Temple of The Lord (Church) was to be administered by Aaron and his sons Forever! Exodus 27:21, chapter 28:1 and 43 (And not Aaron and his children or Aaron and his sons and daughters" )

2) The Law of Sabbath in Exodus 20:10 wives (women) were impliedly exempted. (This should tell you something)

3) "Three times in the year, all males are to appear before The Lord" Exodus 23:17 (Clearly, women are not allowed to come directly near God).

1 Like

Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AllahEatsShit: 2:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

Sorry, that Law quote does not agree with what Paul says!

Paul says the Law said The women should keep quiet in the churches, for they are not authorized to speak, but should take a secondary and subordinate place

The Law never said ladies are not to speak in churches!
The Law never said ladies should keep quiet in Churches!
The law never said Ladies should take a secondary and subordinate place!

The law refers to the subordinate place of a wife under her husband.

Your quote from Gen 3:16 was not referring to the Church but a husband in relation to his wife.

Give me the law Paul quoted from not what he interpreted from? Remember Paul said "just as the laws says"!

Genesis 3 : 16 refers to the subordination of a wife's will as does 1st Corinthians 14 : 35 which shows that Paul was addressing married women and not all women.

You probably left that out because it defeats your weak argument.
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
AllahEatsShit:

Genesis 3 : 16 refers to the subordination of a wife's will as does 1st Corinthians 14 : 35 which shows that Paul was addressing married women and not all women.

Genesis 3 vs 16 is not a law but a curse placed on Marriage by God. The law in this case is instead the commandments and truths revealed to Adam by God in Genesis 2. undecided
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Genesis 3 vs 16 is not a law but a curse placed on Marriage by God. The law in this case is instead the commandments and truths revealed to Adam by God in Genesis 2. undecided

Every Time God Speaks, Law is brought forth! So even Curses are Laws!
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AntiChristian: 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
AllahEatsShit:

Paul was making a reference to women in Churches not Women under their husbands!

Where did Paul say he was addressing married women?

The context is women in Church!
Why are you playing to the gallery here?

Where is the law Paul was quoting?
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AntiChristian: 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

1) The Temple of The Lord (Church) was to be administered by Aaron and his sons Forever! Exodus 27:21, chapter 28:1 and 43 (And not Aaron and his children or Aaron and his sons and daughters" )

2) The Law of Sabbath in Exodus 20:10 wives (women) were impliedly exempted. (This should tell you something)

3) "Three times in the year, all males are to appear before The Lord" Exodus 23:17 (Clearly, women are not allowed to come directly near God).

grin You try bro!

Paul was quoting a law verbatim just like Jesus quoted Ye are gods from Psalms.
"Just as the law says" The law should say it somewhere. But where?
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by Broveens42(m): 8:57pm On Mar 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

grin You try bro!

They have all ran away.
I was actually expecting them to quote exactly .. just like "a virgin shall conceive" which was referenced from OT

1 Like

Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:00am On Mar 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

grin You try bro!

Yes, there is verbatim recital, but there is also paraphrasing as long as The Law is shown to have Spoken!
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AllahEatsShit: 7:55am On Mar 19, 2022
AntiChristian:
Paul was making a reference to women in Churches not Women under their husbands!

Where did Paul say he was addressing married women?

It's exhausting to argue with a dunce, but may the Lord give me strength to defend His Faith.

The context is women in Church!
Why are you playing to the gallery here?

Where is the law Paul was quoting?

If the context is not to command the obedience of wives towards their husbands, why would Paul allow women to pray and prophesy in Church?
Please use your brain. This is the Bible we're talking about, not the koran. It requires a higher level of intellectual ability to understand it.

Also, God's Law is Eternal. It didn't come into existence when God wrote it down on stone tablets and handed it over to Moses on Mount Sinai.

Acts 21:8-9

On the next day we departed and came to Caesarea, and we entered the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, and stayed with him. He had four unmarried daughters, who prophesied.

1st Corinthians 11:5

But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved.
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AntiChristian: 8:40am On Mar 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes, there is verbatim recital, but there is also paraphrasing as long as The Law is shown to have Spoken!

Abeg stop patronising me! Where is the Paraphrasing one from Jesus?

Ye are gods- Jesus quoted from Psalm 82:6. Even Eli, Eli lema Sabachthani was from Psalm 22:1.

Matthew 4:4 But Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
Deuteronomy 8:3
He humbled you, and in your hunger He gave you manna to eat, which neither you nor your fathers had known, so that you might
understand that man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.

Even the devil quoted correctly from your old testament
“If You are the Son of God,” he said, “throw Yourself down. For it is written: ‘He will command His angels concerning You, and they will lift You up in their hands, so that You will not strike Your foot against a stone.’” Mat 4:6
Psalm 91:11-12
For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
They will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

Jesus replied, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’” Mat 4:7 was quoted from Exodus 17:2 & Deuteronomy 6:16
So the people contended with Moses, "Give us water to drink." "Why do you contend with me?" Moses replied. "Why do you test the LORD?" Deuteronomy 6:16 states Do not test the LORD your God as you tested Him at Massah.

Note that all the quotes from Jesus and even the devil agrees with the context of the Old testament being quoted.

You have erred!
Paul either was quoting a law not included in the Bible or misquoted the law in the Bible i.e. Gen 3:16 away from it's context.

AllahEatsShit:

It's exhausting to argue with a dunce, but may the Lord give me strength to defend His Faith.

I agree i am a dunce which your LORD created. Not my mistake but your God's mistake. Why can't you discuss with sanity without abusing Allah, the Prophet, Islam or Muslims? And after you abused then you pray for strength from your Lord. Seems Christianity is a joke!

If the context is not to command the obedience of wives towards their husbands, why would Paul allow women to pray and prophesy in Church?
Please use your brain. This is the Bible we're talking about, not the koran. It requires a higher level of intellectual ability to understand it.

Also, God's Law is Eternal. It didn't come into existence when God wrote it down on stone tablets and handed it over to Moses on Mount Sinai.

Acts 21:8-9

On the next day we departed and came to Caesarea, and we entered the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, and stayed with him. He had four unmarried daughters, who prophesied.

1st Corinthians 11:5

But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved.

This is unrelated to what was asked. Paul quoted a law. Where is the law with the same context? See samples quoted by Jesus and the Devil above!
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AllahEatsShit: 9:13am On Mar 19, 2022
Sigh, why do I even bother? Truly arguing with the mentally handicapped is more exhausting than running a marathon.

If Paul quoted a law, why are we arguing here? Paul didn't directly quote any specific law, but it is obvious that by merely mentioning it in passing, his congregation knew exactly what particular scripture/law he had in mind.
If I say that a driver who doesn't use his seatbelt has broken the law, I don't have to quote the chapter and verse of the Highway Code which prohibits driving without seat-belts. I can safely assume that I'm talking to an intelligent audience and that they understand exactly what I'm instructing them about.

Like I said, don't approach Christianity with a mental handicap. If being an intellectual dwarf is in your nature then stay in Islam. You'll be very much at home in Islam.

AntiChristian:

Abeg stop patronising me! Where is the Paraphrasing one from Jesus?

Ye are gods- Jesus quoted from Psalm 82:6. Even Eli, Eli lema Sabachthani was from Psalm 22:1.

Matthew 4:4 But Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
Deuteronomy 8:3
He humbled you, and in your hunger He gave you manna to eat, which neither you nor your fathers had known, so that you might
understand that man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.

Even the devil quoted correctly from your old testament
“If You are the Son of God,” he said, “throw Yourself down. For it is written: ‘He will command His angels concerning You, and they will lift You up in their hands, so that You will not strike Your foot against a stone.’” Mat 4:6
Psalm 91:11-12
For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
They will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

Jesus replied, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’” Mat 4:7 was quoted from Exodus 17:2 & Deuteronomy 6:16
So the people contended with Moses, "Give us water to drink." "Why do you contend with me?" Moses replied. "Why do you test the LORD?" Deuteronomy 6:16 states Do not test the LORD your God as you tested Him at Massah.

Note that all the quotes from Jesus and even the devil agrees with the context of the Old testament being quoted.

You have erred!
Paul either was quoting a law not included in the Bible or misquoted the law in the Bible i.e. Gen 3:16 away from it's context.

I agree i am a dunce which your LORD created. Not my mistake but your God's mistake. Why can't you discuss with sanity without abusing Allah, the Prophet, Islam or Muslims? And after you abused then you pray for strength from your Lord. Seems Christianity is a joke!

This is unrelated to what was asked. Paul quoted a law. Where is the law with the same context? See samples quoted by Jesus and the Devil above!
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:58am On Mar 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

Abeg stop patronising me! Where is the Paraphrasing one from Jesus?...]

It is you who is disturbing yourself!

Christ Re-affirmed The Law and therefore Repeated it. Paul, as a Lawyer that he is, TEACHES WHAT THE LAW SAYS.

AND THE QUESTION IS "DID THE LAW SAY?"

AND THE ANSWER CLEARLY IS YES, THE LAW DEED SAY!

SO, NO CASE, NO ROAD!
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AntiChristian: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2022
AllahEatsShit:
Sigh, why do I even bother? Truly arguing with the mentally handicapped is more exhausting than running a marathon.

If Paul quoted a law, why are we arguing here? Paul didn't directly quote any specific law, but it is obvious that by merely mentioning it in passing, his congregation knew exactly what particular scripture/law he had in mind.
If I say that a driver who doesn't use his seatbelt has broken the law, I don't have to quote the chapter and verse of the Highway Code which prohibits driving without seat-belts. I can safely assume that I'm talking to an intelligent audience and that they understand exactly what I'm instructing them about.

Like I said, don't approach Christianity with a mental handicap. If being an intellectual dwarf is in your nature then stay in Islam. You'll be very much at home in Islam.

I think the one who needs Psychiatric evaluation is evident between us.
The evidence above suffice for you to keep shut. But since you are not ashamed you still replied me.
Jesus said it is written many times and we can find where it was written the context following up!
Paul came and says "Just as the law says" and we asked which law did he quoted from!

You brought Gen 3:16 which was a completely different context from what Paul was making reference to in Church!
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AntiChristian: 10:10am On Mar 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It is you who is disturbing yourself!

Christ Re-affirmed The Law and therefore Repeated it. Paul, as a Lawyer that he is, TEACHES WHAT THE LAW SAYS.

AND THE QUESTION IS "DID THE LAW SAY?"

AND THE ANSWER CLEARLY IS YES, THE LAW DEED SAY!

SO, NO CASE, NO ROAD!

grin

Bye!
Thanks for beautifying the lie!

Paul said "Just as the law says" not "Just as the law teaches"

So clear as day!
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AllahEatsShit: 10:23am On Mar 19, 2022
When Jesus said "It Is Written" He was referring to the numerous Old Testament prophecies about Him.

Paul on the other hand was just a humble servant of his Lord and Saviour, so their approaches to Old Testament references will not be the same.

Genesis 3:16 is considered law by Christians because it is the first place in the Bible where it is mentioned that the Husband is the head of the family over the wife. All other scriptures which explains the husband's headship of the family are derived from Genesis 3:16.

AntiChristian:

I think the one who needs Psychiatric evaluation is evident between us.
The evidence above suffice for you to keep shut. But since you are not ashamed you still replied me.
Jesus said it is written many times and we can find where it was written the context following up!
Paul came and says "Just as the law says" and we asked which law did he quoted from!

You brought Gen 3:16 which was a completely different context from what Paul was making reference to in Church!
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AntiChristian: 10:39am On Mar 19, 2022
AllahEatsShit:
When Jesus said "It Is Written" He was referring to the numerous Old Testament prophecies about Him.
The more you respond the more mistake you make. Just keep quiet. Jesus was not referring to the OT Prophecies when he said it is written to the devil or to the Jews. He was simply quoting the law to justify/buttress his points.

Paul on the other hand was just a humble servant of his Lord and Saviour, so their approaches to Old Testament references will not be the same.

Genesis 3:16 is considered law by Christians because it is the first place in the Bible where it is mentioned that the Husband is the head of the family over the wife. All other scriptures which explains the husband's headship of the family are derived from Genesis 3:16.

grin
Anyone who follows Jesus should act just as he did not away from it. Jesus quoted the law in context. Paul quoted a law out of context or an unknown law!

The law was restricted to a husband and wife relationship!
Paul's context was congregational (i.e. church) out of the home!

How many times will i explain this?
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AllahEatsShit: 11:10am On Mar 19, 2022
AntiChristian:
The more you respond the more mistake you make. Just keep quiet. Jesus was not referring to the OT Prophecies when he said it is written to the devil or to the Jews. He was simply quoting the law to justify/buttress his points.

And the more you respond, the more you dig a whole for yourself and the greater your ignorance is revealed.

Jesus Himself said in John 5:39 that the Scriptures testified about him:

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me

The primary purpose of the Old Testament was to prepare Israel and the world for the revelation of the Messiah.

Even the righteousness of the law and the its lofty moral standards were meant to prepare us (Christians) for the Messiah:

Galatians 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

grin
Anyone who follows Jesus should act just as he did not away from it. Jesus quoted the law in context. Paul quoted a law out of context or an unknown law!

The law was restricted to a husband and wife relationship!
Paul's context was congregational (i.e. church) out of the home!

How many times will i explain this?

You have explained zero, probably because you lack the intelligence to explain anything that taxes your reading and comprehension ability above Koranic levels. That's probably the reason why you keep ignoring 1st Corinthians 14 : 35 where Paul very clearly explained the context in which his instructions were meant to be understood.

And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AntiChristian: 11:13am On Mar 19, 2022
AllahEatsShit:

And the more you respond, the more you dig a whole for yourself and the greater your ignorance is revealed.

Jesus Himself said in John 5:39 that the Scriptures testified about him:

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me

The primary purpose of the Old Testament was to prepare Israel and the world for the revelation of the Messiah.

Even the righteousness of the law and the its lofty moral standards were meant to prepare us (Christians) for the Messiah:

Galatians 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

You have explained zero, probably because you lack the intelligence to explain anything that taxes your reading and comprehension ability above Koranic levels. That's probably the reason why you keep ignoring 1st Corinthians 14 : 35 where Paul very clearly explained the context in which his instructions were meant to be understood.

And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

He has changed the topic/post entirely! It is finished!
Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by AllahEatsShit: 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2022
If this is your way of admitting that you have exhausted your limited mental resources, then so be it.

It's funny that because Paul did not cite a scriptural reference, he is a bad Christian, but somehow that didn't stop a certain child rapist from Mecca when he shamelessly plagiarized from Paul's epistle.

AntiChristian:

He has changed the topic/post entirely! It is finished!

Re: Which LAW Was Apostle Paul Quoting From? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

grin

Bye!
Thanks for beautifying the lie!
Paul said "Just as the law says" not "Just as the law teaches"

So clear as day!

And as clear as day, The Law, deed say And Paul, the Lawyer, deed Teach what The Law deed Say!

So, No, Case, No Road! allah's approved Liar general sent to put his hand against all men as The Lord hath Prophecies!

(1) (Reply)

Thank you all God bless / .. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.