Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl (27038 Views)

Immigration Sanctions Officers Who Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl / Deportee Assaults Immigration Officers At Lagos Airport / Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by naptu2: 4:45pm On Mar 18, 2022
FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl

On February 19th, 2020, the mother of a 14 year old girl took to Twitter to complain that Immigration officials at the airport took all the money that her daughter had.

Ratchet Rayne @Imoteda

My 14 year old daughter, FOURTEEN, is traveling by herself.

Immigration took ALL her money before they let her go. They took money from a fucking 14 year. Didn’t even leave her with 1kobo or 1 thousand naira so she can buy food while she waits.
How WICKED!!!!
@FAAN_Official

I am so angry. A child!!!!!!! Why are you stealing money from a child! And you took all of it and didn’t let her call her mother?!!!

Whoever was involved, you will die in penury! Your joy will turn to ashes! You will plant seeds and harvest thorns that will tear your flesh!

I am stunned at the wickedness. A child!!! A bloody child!!!!

https://twitter.com/Imoteda/status/1495134745671487493

The Immigration Service responded to her tweet.

Nigeria Immigration Service @nigimmigration
This's sad.We advise that you send a petition to the acting Comptroller General of Immigration Service,Headquarters Abuja via nis.pro@immigration.gov.ng. You may also copy @FAAN_Official.
Kindly indicate the airline,wing, time&airport. It'll be investigated, airports have cameras.

https://twitter.com/nigimmigration/status/1495306284119339011

However, the Federal Airport Authority (FAAN) has now identified the Immigration officials, forced them to refund the amount stolen and banned them from working in any airport in Nigeria.

Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria @FAAN_Official

UPDATE: With respect to the case of a 14year old girl extorted by two Immigration officers at the Lagos Airport, FAAN's Aviation Security team, after reviewing the CCTV footages was able to identify the culprits.

2. Consequently, the officers were made to refund the exact amount collected from the passenger. Their On Duty Cards were withdrawn permanently and they have been banned from working in any Nigerian Airports.

3. We would like to commend the mother of the child, who escalated the case and assisted immensely in the course of our investigation.

https://twitter.com/FAAN_Official/status/1504764096255774722

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by naptu2: 4:45pm On Mar 18, 2022
Note that it was FAAN that took action against the officers, but those officers do not work for FAAN; they work for the Immigration Service.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by Tallesty1(m): 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
Who are these officers? What's the names? Where is their picture?

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by illicit(m): 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2022
Pics or adonbelivit

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by PrinceOfLagos: 4:55pm On Mar 18, 2022
Immigration officers always on the wrong side of the law

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by helinues: 4:55pm On Mar 18, 2022
End time immigration officer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by naptu2: 4:55pm On Mar 18, 2022
End

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by Maxymilliano(m): 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2022
With respect to the case of a 14year old girl extorted by two Immigration officers at the Lagos Airport, FAAN's Aviation Security team, after reviewing the CCTV footages was able to identify the culprits.

2. Consequently, the officers were made to refund the exact amount collected from the passenger. Their On Duty Cards were withdrawn permanently and they have been banned from working in any Nigerian Airports.
Every day is for the thief, one day is for the owner.

8 Likes

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by omoredia: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
Cover up initiated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by Tovard(m): 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
Others will never learn from this.

My bad experience at Abuja on my way to Europe that night is not something I would forget easily. They were all begging like beggars

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by temptnow: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
Useless country like Nigeria should be sanctioned by the world

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by BUSHHUNTER: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
Custom officers and immigration officers are worst when it comes to dealing with civilians. But OGA patapata of them is Nigerian police.

Same sh!t happened to me, I politely asked the immigration officer "Why do you want to lose your job over $1700?" He looked at me and said Sir! I'm sorry please give me anything you can.

13 Likes

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by Lalami3232(m): 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
The first good news we've ever heard from 9ja since this year. But why the matter stay till 2022 before dem resolve am? Wetin happen for 2022, na for 2022 na dem fit get the culprit. So na today una watch the footage abi? Anyways, just can be delayed but not denied.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, " the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go *****"

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
E no go pass ADEMOLA OR OLAMILEKAN grin grin Cone headed guys

11 Likes

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by treesun: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
naptu2:

On February 19th, 2020, the mother of a 14 year old girl took to Twitter to complain that Immigration officials at the airport took all the money that her daughter had.

Ratchet Rayne @Imoteda

https://twitter.com/Imoteda/status/1495134745671487493

The Immigration Service responded to her tweet.

Nigeria Immigration Service @nigimmigration

https://twitter.com/nigimmigration/status/1495306284119339011

However, the Federal Airport Authority (FAAN) has now identified the Immigration officials, forced them to refund the amount stolen and banned them from working in any airport in Nigeria.

Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria @FAAN_Official

Are we on the same page on twitter, read this story like 5 hours ago! But sah Nigeria is corrupt from head to toe!

1 Like

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by JosephXavier: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
naptu2:

Thanks for social media that has helped in letting this type of injustice not to go unnoticed

Could have imagined this happening during Twitter ban or absence of social media?

I still think that that punishment isn't enough

Who knows how many people that they have succeeded in doing similar thing to that might have endured it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by Saerhbbbb: 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ok
Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by SarkinYarki: 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
No name ?

1 Like

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by Dshocker(m): 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
Security personnels are the ones committing all manner of atrocities in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by FutureIsFemale(f): 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
Men are synonymous to bad things

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by Racoon(m): 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
And where is the crook now?

1 Like

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by jubrilELsudan: 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
THEY MUST BE SENTENCED TO DEATH AND HUNG BY THEIR NECKS TILL THEY DEAD.

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by LaSenior: 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
wink

I know it must Lagos

Those immigration officers are something else they tried their tricks on me it didn't work because I purposely didn't want to give them a dime

Dumb fellows

7 Likes

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by ThinkWISELY(m): 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2022
Really annoying

1 Like

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by Thinktwicemybro: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2022
Please let the general public know his name and publish his picture.

4 Likes

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by fitinwell: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2022
Show us the Face of the criminal

8 Likes

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by allahIsAnIDOL: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2022
Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by Day169: 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2022
Well it means very little, in the Nigerian context, if the identities (names and photographs) of the erring officers are not published, which is supposed to be the real deterrent for other unscrupulous officers lurking in the shadows.
Truth be told, all Nigerian Force men have the same mentality!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl by Angelfrost(m): 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2022
From Police, Road Safety, to ordinary security guards...

There is something about uniformed positions and the urge to steal, beg, or extort among citizens of this 3rd world nation.

It's beyond strange!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season / My Parents Waiting To Sell South African Properties "17year Old Returnee" / Family Of 7 Rescued After Their Car Caught Fire While Travelling In Rivers. Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.