Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

How Do You Observe The Sabbath. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Observe The Sabbath. (519 Views)

The Sabbath: A Perpetual Covenant / Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? / The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by elated177: 7:10pm On Mar 18, 2022
El Elohe Yahshrael!

If there are Sabbath observers here, can you share with us how you spend the Day? What time does it start and when does it end? Do you do any kind of work? Do you cook?

Peace and blessings of the Sabbath of YHVH Almighty on all his saints, servants and prophets all over the world.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
elated177:
El Elohe Yahshrael!

If there are Sabbath observers here, can you share with us how you spend the Day? What time does it start and when does it end? Do you do any kind of work? Do you cook?

Peace and blessings of the Sabbath of YHVH Almighty on all his saints, servants and prophets all over the world.

Dude we don't need to observe the sabbath anymore
Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by elated177: 12:53am On Mar 19, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Dude we don't need to observe the sabbath anymore

Dude, speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:15am On Mar 19, 2022
elated177:
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Just general enjoyment. Music and Dancing, Teaching, Gisting, Playing, Taking walks or visiting familiars.

You know that Sabbath is the "evening and the morning" therefore, it means Friday evening to Saturday morning.

I do Friday 4om to Saturday 4pm.
Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by elated177: 9:35am On Mar 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Just general enjoyment. Music and Dancing, Teaching, Gisting, Playing, Taking walks or visiting familiars.

You know that Sabbath is the "evening and the morning" therefore, it means Friday evening to Saturday morning.

I do Friday 4om to Saturday 4pm.

From your last statement, how is it then the evening of the sixth day and the morning of the seventh day?

Sixth day 6pm to seventh day 6pm.
Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by elated177: 9:36am On Mar 19, 2022
Wow!
Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:50am On Mar 19, 2022
elated177:

From your last statement, how is it then the evening of the sixth day and the morning of the seventh day?
Sixth day 6pm to seventh day 6pm.

I understand your view but I chose 4pm because I remember that we were taught that evening starts from 4pm, hence 4pm Friday to 4pm Saturday.

What is your basis for 6pm Friday?
Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by elated177: 10:06am On Mar 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I understand your view but I chose 4pm because I remember that we were taught that evening starts from 4pm, hence 4pm Friday to 4pm Saturday.

What is your basis for 6pm Friday?

Sun down to sun down... following the Jewish day.
Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2022
elated177:

Sun down to sun down... following the Jewish day.

O' Okay. That is another view.

I took notes of the fact that the Bible said "and when even was come" a lot. Did not see or take note of sun down and all.
Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by elated177: 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

O' Okay. That is another view.

I took notes of the fact that the Bible said "and when even was come" a lot. Did not see or take note of sun down and all.

Alright.

Why do you observe the Sabbath?
Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2022
elated177:

Alright.

Why do you observe the Sabbath?

I have noticed and learnt that God Means Every Word He Says, so I started reading the Bible from Genesis, very
very slowly, paying attention to "And The Lord Said!

And I noticed that Sabbath was one of the first Laws He Commanded.

And He repeated it Again and Again and Again!

And after more than a year, I am at Exodus 34 where God re-gives the Tablets to Moses and Restating in Summary The Laws He had given Moses.

And, again, Sabbath Rest is there in verse 21.

That beyond doubt tells me that it is very very important and most especially for me as a Law'er, I truly know what Laws Means and what must happen when they are not obeyed.

So, wherever I see God's Laws, I begin to immediately work on how to obey them and obey them.
Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by elated177: 8:31pm On Mar 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I have noticed and learnt that God Means Every Word He Says, so I started reading the Bible from Genesis, very
very slowly, paying attention to "And The Lord Said!

And I noticed that Sabbath was one of the first Laws He Commanded.

And He repeated it Again and Again and Again!

And after more than a year, I am at Exodus 34 where God re-gives the Tablets to Moses and Restating in Summary The Laws He had given Moses.

And, again, Sabbath Rest is there in verse 21.

Do you just observe the Sabbath on your own or your "church" does?

Dtruthspeaker:

That beyond doubt tells me that it is very very important and most especially for me as a Law'er, I truly know what Laws Means and what must happen when they are not obeyed.

So, wherever I see God's Laws, I begin to immediately work on how to obey them and obey them.

As a saint/servant/prophet - which is the most important and goes beyond this present world - of the Most High God, YHVH Almighty, the Creator of the heavens, the earth and the seas and everything in them, I know the importance of his Laws, Commandments, decrees and statutes and the importance of keeping and obeying them. I, as his saint/servant/prophet, know the importance of using the wisdom and knowledge, which he has endowed me with abundantly, to interpret, where necessary, and teach his Laws, decrees, statutes and Commandments.

As a physicist, I, very well, know the importance of obeying physics laws and what happens when one disobeys them.

The Commandments of my God, YHVH Almighty, my Father in heaven, and strict obedience to them give me joy. I am always elated at the thought of them and obedience to them.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Praise the name of YHVH Almighty.
Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:07am On Mar 20, 2022
elated177:

Do you just observe the Sabbath on your own or your "church" does?

Since my childhood, I noticed that God Acceptance, Obedience and Loyalty was Personal. It has no attachment whatsoever with church.

It is either you Love God or you do not!

Therefore, I have been to different churches etc Methodist, Catholic, Redeemed and they mean no thing to me, because, they might not love God, BUT I VERY SERIOUSLY LOVE AND CHERISH HIM!

And since the Prephecy of Revival has been fulfilled and concluded AND GOD HAS LEFT THE WORLD, I DO NOT GO TO CHURCH, AND HAVE NOT GONE SINCE 5 YEARS NOW.

BUT I LOVE HIM EVEN MORE THAN BEFORE AND HAVE NEVER LOST SPEED OR GROUND.

SO, I INTEND TO OBEY ALL THAT THE LORD HAD COMMANDED TO THE VERY PRACTICAL AND LIVING BEST OF MY ABILITY.

So, what is your own ground or "church"? I have not yet met outside nairaland, anyone I would could speculatively say would belong to your group ("church"wink
Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by elated177: 4:04pm On Mar 20, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Since my childhood, I noticed that God Acceptance, Obedience and Loyalty was Personal. It has no attachment whatsoever with church.

It is either you Love God or you do not!

Therefore, I have been to different churches etc Methodist, Catholic, Redeemed and they mean no thing to me, because, they might not love God, BUT I VERY SERIOUSLY LOVE AND CHERISH HIM!

And since the Prephecy of Revival has been fulfilled and concluded AND GOD HAS LEFT THE WORLD, I DO NOT GO TO CHURCH, AND HAVE NOT GONE SINCE 5 YEARS NOW.

BUT I LOVE HIM EVEN MORE THAN BEFORE AND HAVE NEVER LOST SPEED OR GROUND.

SO, I INTEND TO OBEY ALL THAT THE LORD HAD COMMANDED TO THE VERY PRACTICAL AND LIVING BEST OF MY ABILITY.

Oukei!

Dtruthspeaker:

So, what is your own ground or "church"?

I belong to the body of the Messiah, which, exclusively, is made up those who obey his Commandments. I observe the Sabbath for this reason.

Dtruthspeaker:

I have not yet met outside nairaland, anyone I would could speculatively say would belong to your group ("church"wink

I didn't catch your point.
Re: How Do You Observe The Sabbath. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:06pm On Mar 20, 2022
elated177:

I didn't catch your point.

You've answered it by saying "body of Messiah"

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Opinion On "Speaking In Tongues" Or Glossolalia? / Historical Masjid Built By A Christian For Muslims In Osogbo / How Do People Get To Believe Things Like These?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.