Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' (3791 Views)

'Shame On You All’ – Yahaya Bello Vows To Punish Cabinet Members Over Betrayal / Defection Of Ahmed Mahmoud Threatens APC In Jigawa / Bello El-Rufai Threatens President Buhari Over Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by DeLaRue: 11:56am On Mar 19, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Sani Bello is strong ally of Tinubu and Buni has been his ally since the time APC was formed. A week before he left for medical trip Buni was with Tinubu at Abuja.

With all that has happened, it's laughable that anyone would believe Mr Buni is not working against the interest of Tinubu.

Anyone that has been around politicians long enough would know that the fact one visited the other means little.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
DeLaRue:

Haba! Where did I say I was an insider. I even said I couldn't vouch for the truth of what I was told.

I actually agree with you that many of the big players will eventually ignore the President's dictat and do their own thing.

That's already happening.

Earlier in the week, the President issued the 'London letter' reinstating Mr Buni, and directed that all the infighting and name calling should stop.

Yet, 2 or 3 days later, Mr El Rufai fired his own salvo, calling some of his colleagues greedy and incompetent. He clearly didn't listen to the President.

I also don't believe Mr Amaechi can win an unrigged primary or presidential election.

Ok. Sorry I misunderstood you. You're correct. Amaechi cannot win a free and fair APC primaries or general election. Not even remotely close.

Many APC die-hard warriors, who did the dirty work to get Buhari where he is today, know this.

Those sort won't sit idly and watch Buhari destroy everything with his famous "my way or the highway" attitude.

If Buhari is a first term President then different. He is outgoing and stepping down from the highest political office in the land. Nothing else left for Buhari in Nigerian politics.

Unlike many others who have interests and aspiration they wont idly watch Buhari destroy.

Many will defy Buhari so they don't perish for his actions.

There is real anger at what Buhari is doing. It is just that such is not in the public space. Many never figured him for a bully who would be hounding those he should be grateful to.
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by majole: 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2022
It is easier for PDP/ATIKU to defeat Tinubu than Amaechi. Tinubu won't get 30% of Christian votes and the Muslim vote would be majority Atiku
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by Help2020: 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
A sitting Governor openly saying he is coming from a medical trip. Nigeria is gone
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2022
majole:
It is easier for PDP/ATIKU to defeat Tinubu than Amaechi. Tinubu won't get 30% of Christian votes and the Muslim vote would be majority Atiku

Sentimental talk. How many Governors, Senators, Reps, traditional rulers and political mobilisers/kingmakers does Tinubu have on his side ready to spend and move willingly/passionately for his ambition as Tinubu himself did for Buhari?

Contrast with Amaechi who has no political structure whatsoever and is not a sagacious or well-liked politician . Or do you guys think Buhari's endorsement is now a magic wand that will automatically get Amaechi to Aso Rock?

Bro get real. Nigerian politics is not about sentiments. Nobody will move for Buhari or his anointed now that PMB has unravelled as someone disrespectful of the structure and people who have gotten him where he is today especially when many vowed he would never be President.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:03pm On Mar 19, 2022
Dsalvo:

Lol. You want to compare Yar Adua's 2007 to now and today? Some of you sha. Aside that, is Buhari anything like OBJ?

Did Saraki not openly bamboozle Buhari, working with PDP, to become Senate President with a PDP deputy President? Such has never happened in Nigeria's history.

What happened to Saraki? Nada. It took Tinubu to hand Saraki defeat and send him to political oblivion so APC could have it's own Senate President in PMB's second term after Saraki had been a needless pain in the azz, courtesy of Buhari, for 4 years.

No disrespect to Mr.President but politics is not his thing and politicians know this. It is why Saraki quickly dribbled him.

Also, Governors have gotten much stronger and more influential from the days OBJ was impeaching them for fun and bullying everyone.

Nigerian politics is very different now. No single strong man can get his way like that anymore except he is someone others genuinely respect and like.

The President does not hold the aces as you simplistically put it. At least not to the extent of being allowed, needlessly and egotistically, to destroy a ruling Party and the career of many who will feel his action is unfair, dictatorial and entirely insensitive/disrespectful to the needs of others and best interest of APC.

If Tinubu is someone hated by his APC compatriot then different. Rather the man is hugely popular and loyally supported. Making what Buhari and a few are attempting to do very unpopular.

Buhari can try it na. He is the President and of course he can. Yet APC's implosion will be far bigger than what we saw happen to PDP under GEJ.

Buhari has not acted and yet there is so much bad blood and friction. This tells you that anything other than what is best for the Party and majority of her members will be wahala.

You think APC legislators who unanimously and openly endorsed Tinubu offically are not bravely sending their own message to Buhari? Everyone knows Buhari is opposed to Tinubu but this has not stopped big Northerners openly supporting and campaigning for the man in defiance of our outgoing President.

Don't let your hatred of individuals blind you to the obvious. The 'saviour alagbara' you are all desperately making Buhari is beyond how his APC political compatriots view him as Party leader.

He is a general whose troops will not trust to lead them into war because they fear he will lose them a war that should ordinarily be very easy to win.

Lol.

So Buhari was dribbled by Saraki and Tinubu rescued Buhari from Saraki's hands. See very jaundiced and flawed analysis. Wait. I guess Obaseki also dribbled Buhari by removing Oshiomole and campaigning with "Edo no be Lagos" while it was Tinubu that rescued Buhari from Obaseki by ensuring Mala Buni became APC chairman. grin grin grin This is some funny shit.

I guess Oyegun was also working against Buhari and was eased out by Tinubu to save Buhari's reelection bid. You ACN dudes are beginning to magnify Tinubu beyond what even he himself will accept as his capabilities. May I ask why Tinubu did not save Muhammad Lawal in 2003 and indeed Kwara from Saraki's dribble until 2019. Have their paths never crossed? You know nothing obviously.

Just to educate you, Buhari was never interested in who became SP or Speaker. It was Tinubu that had a candidate, George Akume whose unpopularity led to Tinubu dumping him and supporting Lawan instead. And for your information, go and check. Buhari congratulated Saraki same day he emerged party chair and even Oyegun said everyone needs to accept it. It was Tinubu who was angry at the obvious turn of events.

Also note, it was Buhari who refused to give Saraki automatic ticket to return to Senate and retain the presidency that led to Saraki's eventual defection from APC. That is the truth. Tinubu only mobilized thugs and money towards Saraki's eventual defeat at the polls. If Saraki had remained in APC, no way Tinubu would have been able to do that. A good example is Amosun who openly defied Tinubu and got people to stone him in 2019 in Ogun. He is still a senator today. Why didn't Tinubu stop him from becoming senator in his own SW stronghold?

The truth is you ACN bloc are actually the loudest noisemakers in APC and are actually beginning to think your noise actually amounts to something like popularity when the reverse is the case. Look at the recent chairmanship tussle. I hope you realize it was more a fight for northern supremacy between El-Rufai and Buni. You ACN guys had no stake or move in it. But you were the blokes making the highest noise on media, one would be forgiven for thinking El-Rufai and Tinubu were on the same side. The truth is even if the ouster of Buni materialized, it still changed nothing for Tinubu's hopes but y'all were shouting hoorah as if Bello was going to hand over the presidential ticket to Tinubu until El-Rufai came out and made it clear they had their own choice.

You guys don't even realize what is going on in APC. Who ordered the membership revalidation and what was its aim? I hope you're aware Buhari has always felt a tinge of disappointment at the figures APC usually produce from the SW during Presidentials. APC has never gotten a 60% vote as strong as it claims to be in the region. While in 2015, it had its highest return, it was a paltry 3m votes whereas the APC register then had over 6m party members in the SW, almost matching that of the NW. Buhari believes that to be a fraud which is why he prodded Buni to carry out that exercise.

To further show you how powerless you guys are in APC, Buhari appointed Buni from the NE Caretaker Chair in a meeting where Osinbajo and Gbaja were present, and unilaterally kept extending his tenure. What have you guys been able to do about it? Do you realize having the President and the party chair come from the same zone is actually against the APC constitution? How is Buhari and his CPC/ANPP cabal able to ride you guys doggy for so long and you guys can't even whimper not to mention cry out only to sing hallelujah when El-Rufai went and did his own thing jeje? That shows how irrelevant you guys are in APC.

For your information also, the north actually view the SW and SE through the same prism of noisemakers. The real elephant in the South they have regard for is the SS due to the oil money they bring to the table. And that is why they are scheming to install a SS president. Let me tell you. If Tinubu were from the SS, he would already be so sure of the party ticket that even Buhari would have come forward to anoint him. Think about it. Even if Buhari does not want Tinubu for whatever reasons. what of Osinbajo. Why does he not want Osinbajo too. The north are actually scheming to have a political alliance with the SS so that both can run Nigeria. They have never needed the three region to rule. They need only one. SE served that purpose before from 1999-2015. SW is now carrying the Northern bag presently since 2015.

And I see you guys keep talking about APC imploding as it it affects Buhari. Is he going to be on the ballot? Is his wife or son going to be running? You guys need to be realistic. Buhari along with the northern govs will determine who the party chair and the presidential candidate will be. You lots will make noise and cry your hearts out. Then you will be alright las las and life will go on.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Lol.

So Buhari was dribbled by Saraki and Tinubu rescued Buhari from Saraki's hands. See very jaundiced and flawed analysis. Wait. I guess Obaseki also dribbled Buhari by removing Oshiomole and campaigning with "Edo no be Lagos" while it was Tinubu that rescued Buhari from Obaseki by ensuring Mala Buni became APC chairman. grin grin grin This is some funny shit.

I guess Oyegun was also working against Buhari and was eased out by Tinubu to save Buhari's reelection bid. You ACN dudes are beginning to magnify Tinubu beyond what even he himself will accept as his capabilities. May I ask why Tinubu did not save Muhammad Lawal in 2003 and indeed Kwara from Saraki's dribble until 2019. Have their paths never crossed? You know nothing obviously.

Just to educate you, Buhari was never interested in who became SP or Speaker. It was Tinubu that had a candidate, George Akume whose unpopularity led to Tinubu dumping him and supporting Lawan instead. And for your information, go and check. Buhari congratulated Saraki same day he emerged party chair and even Oyegun said everyone needs to accept it. It was Tinubu who was angry at the obvious turn of events.

Also note, it was Buhari who refused to give Saraki automatic ticket to return to Senate and retain the presidency that led to Saraki's eventual defection from APC. That is the truth. Tinubu only mobilized thugs and money towards Saraki's eventual defeat at the polls. If Saraki had remained in APC, no way Tinubu would have been able to do that. A good example is Amosun who openly defied Tinubu and got people to stone him in 2019 in Ogun. He is still a senator today. Why didn't Tinubu stop him from becoming senator in his own SW stronghold?

The truth is you ACN bloc are actually the loudest noisemakers in APC and are actually beginning to think your noise actually amounts to something like popularity when the reverse is the case. Look at the recent chairmanship tussle. I hope you realize it was more a fight for northern supremacy between El-Rufai and Buni. You ACN guys had no stake or move in it. But you were the blokes making the highest noise on media, one would be forgiven for thinking El-Rufai and Tinubu were on the same side. The truth is even if the ouster of Buni materialized, it still changed nothing for Tinubu's hopes but y'all were shouting hoorah as if Bello was going to hand over the presidential ticket to Tinubu until El-Rufai came out and made it clear they had their own choice.

You guys don't even realize what is going on in APC. Who ordered the membership revalidation and what was its aim? I hope you're aware Buhari has always felt a tinge of disappointment at the figures APC usually produce from the SW during Presidentials. APC has never gotten a 60% vote as strong as it claims to be in the region. While in 2015, it had its highest return, it was a paltry 3m votes whereas the APC register then had over 6m party members in the SW, almost matching that of the NW. Buhari believes that to be a fraud which is why he prodded Buni to carry out that exercise.

To further show you how powerless you guys are in APC, Buhari appointed Buni from the NE Caretaker Chair in a meeting where Osinbajo and Gbaja were present, and unilaterally kept extending his tenure. What have you guys been able to do about it? Do you realize having the President and the party chair come from the same zone is actually against the APC constitution? How is Buhari and his CPC/ANPP cabal able to ride you guys doggy for so long and you guys can't even whimper not to mention cry out only to sing hallelujah when El-Rufai went and did his own thing jeje? That shows how irrelevant you guys are in APC.

For your information also, the north actually view the SW and SE through the same prism of noisemakers. The real elephant in the South they have regard for is the SS due to the oil money they bring to the table. And that is why they are scheming to install a SS president. Let me tell you. If Tinubu were from the SS, he would already be so sure of the party ticket that even Buhari would have come forward to anoint him. Think about it. Even if Buhari does not want Tinubu for whatever reasons. what of Osinbajo. Why does he not want Osinbajo too. The north are actually scheming to have a political alliance with the SS so that both can run Nigeria. They have never needed the three region to rule. They need only one. SE served that purpose before from 1999-2015. SW is now carrying the Northern bag presently since 2015.

And I see you guys keep talking about APC imploding as it it affects Buhari. Is he going to be on the ballot? Is his wife or son going to be running? You guys need to be realistic. Buhari along with the northern govs will determine who the party chair and the presidential candidate will be. You lots will make noise and cry your hearts out. Then you will be alright las las and life will go on.

Let's keep watching. We will see who is right in the end.
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:24pm On Mar 19, 2022
Dsalvo:

Let's keep watching. We will see who is right in the end.

Hehehehe

Just make sure your eyes are open and you're seeing clearly

This one wey you dey see TInubu as APC superman grin grin grin
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Hehehehe

Just make sure your eyes are open and you're seeing clearly

This one wey you dey see TInubu as APC superman grin grin grin

Never told you Tinubu is APC's superman. You're dribbling yourself. Tinubu is a leader his peers like genuinely and will support willingly.

You cannot buy that in any market anywhere in the world. It is the reason Buni etal are running from pillar to post trying to deliver on the mission impossible Buhari has given them.
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
Dsalvo:

Never told you Tinubu is APC's superman. You're dribbling yourself. Tinubu is a leader his peers like genuinely and will support willingly.

You cannot buy that in any market anywhere in the world. It is the reason Buni etal are running from pillar to post trying to deliver on the mission impossible Buhari has given them.

Which peers? Name them. His biggest supporter in the North is Ganduje. As in Gandollars o. Just imagine. Gandollars who doesn't even control his state party structure yet. And the South is more PDP than APC. Oh and I see you trumpeting the NASS guys who obviously just collected dollars as any credible support. How many of them are coming back BTW? How many of them have party structure in their hands in their states? The governors hold the aces not some lame NASS.

And I have not seen Buni running anywhere. He just travelled on medical trip o. See how all the rats took over the house. See, I hope you know delaying the convention is a deliberate ploy to ensure whatever they do, the affected will not have enough time to react and overturn the apple cart seriously. You guys need to learn how this things are done.
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by MikoB: 3:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Lol.

Your writeup doesn't make any sense!
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by DeLaRue: 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2022
majole:

I doubt if a Muslim/Muslim ticket will be a major issue in the SW or many parts of the SS.

At the right time, Tinubu's handlers will project the fact that his (only) wife is a Redeem minister. This will soften concerns about a Muslim Muslim ticket.

It is also unlikely that the majority of SW Christians will vote a Christian Amaechi over a Muslim Tinubu, because SW Christians don't consider SW Muslims a threat the way many in the East probably consider many Muslims.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
MikoB:

Your writeup doesn't make any sense!

I'm not responsible for your inability to comprehend!!
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by MikoB: 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I'm not responsible for your inability to comprehend!!
Lolz, you are too emotional for a man, it shows in how you think and write, politics is for men, not the garbage you always write.
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by PeterUdeme: 5:14pm On Mar 19, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Mtcheew. Wrong analysis.

2007. Was Yaradua the strongest candidate in PDP? Who knew GEJ then? Do you know how many people defected from PDP after Yaradua emerged?
The president holds the aces going into next year's election. He will decide who APC's candidate will be. Those who will leave, will leave. It doesn't change anything for buhari

Are you comparing 2007 and 2011 when there was no opposition to now?
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2022
MikoB:

Lolz, you are too emotional for a man, it shows in how you think and write, politics is for men, not the garbage you always write.

Politics is for men yet the VP of the world's biggest democracy is a woman.
Yet Tinubu sent his wife to senate to represent you while leaving you a man to lick her ass.
Yet, a woman has rose to speaker of HoR while you're still a nobody in politics.

I'm emotional yet you quoted me with an insult and you've repeated same.
Maybe you should take a look at yourself before you start using words
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
PeterUdeme:

Are you comparing 2007 and 2011 when there was no opposition to now?

What difference does the absence of opposition make?
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by MikoB: 6:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Politics is for men yet the VP of the world's biggest democracy is a woman.
Yet Tinubu sent his wife to senate to represent you while leaving you a man to lick her ass.
Yet, a woman has rose to speaker of HoR while you're still a nobody in politics.

I'm emotional yet you quoted me with an insult and you've repeated same.
Maybe you should take a look at yourself before you start using words

If I say politics is for men, it's an idiomatic expression, of course we have strong and good women that are politicians.
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:09pm On Mar 19, 2022
MikoB:

If I say politics is for men, it's an idiomatic expression, of course we have strong and good women that are politicians.

Naaa. It's a narrow and myopic expression. Your attempt was to elevate politics to a craft for only the fittest and emotionally insulated as if you are any fit yourself. Now that your rotten view had been exposed, kindly slip away in shame
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by MikoB: 8:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Naaa. It's a narrow and myopic expression. Your attempt was to elevate politics to a craft for only the fittest and emotionally insulated as if you are any fit yourself. Now that your rotten view had been exposed, kindly slip away in shame
You have gone emotional again! you can bring out your point without been naive Frère.
Re: El-rufai Threatens APC Over 'betrayal' by PeterUdeme: 3:46pm On Mar 20, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

What difference does the absence of opposition make?

Lol. Absence of opposition means anybody that wins the pdp ticket automatically becomes president.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apc Governors In Group Photography With Asiwaju Bola Tinubu In Lagos [photos] / Steve Hanke Makes Damning Prediction Of Tinubu's Presidency Based On Analysis / Is Seadogs(pyrate Confraternity),a Secret Cult Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.