Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children (627 Views)

African Child With Blue Eyes Abandoned By Parents On Suspicion Of Witchcraft / She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Pascopele: 8:03am On Mar 19, 2022
My friend is over 40yrs and has said he doesn't want to have a commitment of a life time as a result of his abusive parents

What's are your thoughts
Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by GboyegaD(m): 8:20am On Mar 19, 2022
If he's yet to outgrow it, he is doing the would be wife and unborn children a great favor by not getting married.
Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by 9182736455O1999(m): 8:27am On Mar 19, 2022
The parents destroyed his self-esteem with their toxic atittude. i have abusive parents so i can relate.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Rubyjade: 8:29am On Mar 19, 2022
Poverty can triggers abuse
Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Moeman: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2022
emotional wounds take very long to heal....some don't

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by socialmediaman: 10:08am On Mar 19, 2022
It’s understandable. He’s possibly broken, has low self esteem and distrust, lacks confidence in his own parenting abilities, and needs to heal, love and believe in himself, before loving someone else

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Arsenate(m): 11:55am On Mar 19, 2022
Damaged self esteem which can be irreparable. Parents' toxicity or abuse towards their kids is pure evil. Basically sets up the kid for a life time of emotional and mental struggles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Pascopele: 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2022
shocked
Rubyjade:
Poverty can triggers abuse
Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Kobojunkie: 1:52am On Mar 20, 2022
Pascopele:
My friend is over 40yrs and has said he doesn't want to have a commitment of a life time as a result of his abusive parents
What's are your thoughts
So your friend is afraid he will turn out no different from his own parents? That's good at least what that means is kids are spared one potentially abusive parent by your friend's choice there. undecided

Children are a responsibility and those who lack self-control and emotional maturity shouldn't even be considering having or raising them. Your friend is an honest individual, although he blames the wrong thkh for his lack of confidence. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Kobojunkie: 1:55am On Mar 20, 2022
9182736455O1999:
The parents destroyed his self-esteem with their toxic atittude.
i have abusive parents so i can relate.
The abuse from his parents is one thing, his choice made out of fear that he an individual is incapable is another. undecided
Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by KanwuliaExtra: 2:08am On Mar 20, 2022
Define “abuse”.

In Nigeria verbal abuse is part of discipline. grin

Na curse from morning till night o. Especially if you no dey hia word!

It is not enough to make you disconnected from others emotionally. Unless you have self esteem issues or anxiety problems.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by 9182736455O1999(m): 8:23am On Mar 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The abuse from his parents is one thing, his choice made out of fear that he an individual is incapable is another. undecided
you cannot relate.
just forgeabourrit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Pascopele: 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2022
cry
Kobojunkie:
So your friend is afraid he will turn out no different from his own parents? That's good at least what that means is kids are spared one potentially abusive parent by your friend's choice there. undecided

Children are a responsibility and those who lack self-control and emotional maturity shouldn't even be considering having or raising them. Your friend is an honest individual, although he blames the wrong thkh for his lack of confidence. undecided
Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
9182736455O1999:

you cannot relate.
just forgeabourrit.
Relate to what exactly? undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Pascopele: 7:28am On Mar 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Relate to what exactly? undecided
Being in an abusive place
Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Betboss(m): 9:26am On Mar 27, 2022
Pascopele:

What's are your thoughts

Well, from research, child abuse results in a very big emotional wound that could take a life time to heal. This emotional wound includes low self-esteem, inferiority complex, social awkwardness and anxiety.

The attributes are the reason why your friend might never get married. And I can authoritatively tell you he's an unhappy person with slight depressing mood off and on.

The remedy is for your friend to seek counselling. In advance countries he would have healed.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Betboss(m): 9:27am On Mar 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:

You're obviously an illiterate.
Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Kobojunkie: 2:02pm On Mar 27, 2022
Betboss:
You're obviously an illiterate.
Looks whose talking... undecided
Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Kobojunkie: 2:09pm On Mar 27, 2022
Pascopele:
Being in an abusive place
Why can't I relate at all? undecided
Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by dahmie2013: 2:09pm On Mar 27, 2022
On the contrary, I believe people should turn such situations to positives. They should decide not to make that a lifestyle when they have their family. For instance, a man who has seen domestic abuse from his father, should not say I won't get married because I am afraid I will do same with my wife. Instead, he should say when I get married, I will never raise my hands on my wife.
Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Betboss(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2022
dahmie2013:
On the contrary, I believe people should turn such situations to positives. They should decide not to make that a lifestyle when they have their family. For instance, a man who has seen domestic abuse from his father, should not say I won't get married because I am afraid I will do same with my wife. Instead, he should say when I get married, I will never raise my hands on my wife.

I don't think it's about deciding, it's about a rewired or say damage brain/mentality. If I'm correct, the guy in question might be a very nice person but is socially awkward and suffers from serious low self-esteem. He might even be introverted. Individuals who are social awkward as a result of early childhood abuse will find it hard to relate to others and by extension might never find a soul mate. Except where a recommendation is made.

Parents need to understand there is a difference between correcting a child and abusing the child.
Re: What Is The Effect Of A Abusive Parents On Their Children by Pascopele: 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
Betboss:

Well, from research, child abuse results in a very big emotional wound that could take a life time to heal. This emotional wound includes low self-esteem, inferiority complex, social awkwardness and anxiety.

The attributes are the reason why your friend might never get married. And I can authoritatively tell you he's an unhappy person with slight depressing mood off and on.

The remedy is for your friend to seek counselling. In advance countries he would have healed.
Noted

(1) (Reply)

Mother In Shock As She Sees Her Child Sleeping Comfortably On Generator (video) / / Man Slumped And Died Why Playing Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.