Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria (24815 Views)

Issues In Ur Marriage/relationship Me Pack Avail / How To Resolve Printer Cartridge Issues In Your Printer +1-888-657-9666 / For Guys: How To Dress And Look Better If You Are Not Tall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
osamz007:
Where do my fellow tall guys get their clothes (trousers, long sleeve shirts) from in Nigeria. It seems we've been forgotten in this country.

Bros na shoes be my major concern sef. To see any size above 45 na work!!! All the chinco shoes don't come in big sizes like 46... cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Cyoung4real(m): 1:31pm On Mar 19, 2022
Omo my own na shoe size. 45 don dey pain me and to see 46 na war. Very soon na welder go dey construct shoes for me cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Nten: 1:31pm On Mar 19, 2022
Shoe size is the problem
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Dearlord(m): 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2022
My major problem is footwear looking for size 50"

2 Likes

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by NONAMEPOTATO: 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2022
That's why I started my clothing brand with cool designs coz normally I wear only anime themed T-shirts.

1 Like

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by htdot: 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2022
Believe me, most of these tall guys are way below 27yrs of age... indomie actually makes you guys taller..
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Oogway: 1:33pm On Mar 19, 2022
I’m 6ft 3inches and you can have an amazing style if you work out and shop according to your style. Suits, tuxedos, senators, shorts. I’ll send a few photos. You can contact me for further fashion tips

5 Likes

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 1:34pm On Mar 19, 2022
BigDawsNet:
grin
You never tell us your height!

All sizes are available na ..

You talking like it's a rare thing in D market cheesy
It is rare. You don’t know because you are not tall or with big feet. Even when they see their size, they get exploited because they are usually desperate. Worse is, they don’t even get many options. They just show them anything and expect them to take it at exorbitant rates.

For ladies, dress size above size 14 is a struggle.
Shoe size 41 and above is a struggle.

For guys, shoes above size 45. Bad as e bad, 46.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 1:34pm On Mar 19, 2022
htdot:
Believe me, most of these tall guys are way below 27yrs of age... indomie actually makes you guys taller..
Tarrrrrrrrrrhhhhh.

No be ogogoro yarn be this...

3 Likes

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2022
Cyoung4real:
Omo my own na shoe size. 45 don dey pain me and to see 46 na war. Very soon na welder go dey construct shoes for me cheesy grin

You can patronize bespoke shoemakers. They are many on IG. smiley
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
I am 6'3 and most times I enter a clothing store it's unlikely to see an outfit or shoe I like that's in my size. Most times I have to settle for designs I really don't like just because it's my size and I don't have an option.

6 Likes

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by frankson1(m): 1:38pm On Mar 19, 2022
osamz007:
Where do my fellow tall guys get their clothes (trousers, long sleeve shirts) from in Nigeria. It seems we've been forgotten in this country.

Get a tailor to make your clothes.

1 Like

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 1:39pm On Mar 19, 2022
osamz007:

That's why you have tailors...

These days, even average and short guys get their clothes custom made by tailors.

It fits even better!

2 Likes

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Bamzyriches451: 1:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
Damn!
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
Stick to shorts and hand sewn shirts only.
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
My problem is trousers really. (Jean)

2 Likes

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2022
Angelfrost:

That's why you have tailors...

These days, even average and short guys get their clothes custom made by tailors.

It fits even better!

But it is more expensive and takes more time. Someone that just wants to quickly buy jeans and tops would start waiting?

I had a bespoke tailor make a tee and joggers for me. Paid Jan 25. According to their policy, they need 10 working days to deliver. I kid you not, they only delivered last week and the wrong colour. It was just me testing them and they sure gave me a memorable first impression.

6 Likes

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by ice247(m): 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2022
nedubrazil111:
My only problem is shoe size, I wear size 47. It takes the grace of God to see my shoe size after roaming around the market like a psycho.
My brother I feel your pain,we have the same problem .sometimes you will see UK 47 on online stores but when it gets to you it's says and shows UK 47 but looks like a 45 and I'll have to return because it doesn't fit.if you even managed to see a true size 47 the price will be more than 30 to 40,% the price of the same shoe of say size 39 to 45.i cant even talk about trousers,I prefer using short sleeves shirt because of most times the shirt is nice but the sleeves length is too short

5 Likes

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by stanisbaratheon: 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
Do not rely on boutique/already made clothes. Get custom made shoes and clothes.
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 1:46pm On Mar 19, 2022
Donpuffy:
My Designer does that for me. I don't need to stress myself about that.

I simply show him the style and material I want, he perfects his own job and puts his logo. That's all.

is your designer in lagos?
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 1:47pm On Mar 19, 2022
ikanason:
Use online stores with ur measurements
worst decision ever.

1 Like

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by frankson1(m): 1:48pm On Mar 19, 2022
nedubrazil111:
My only problem is shoe size, I wear size 47. It takes the grace of God to see my shoe size after roaming around the market like a psycho.

Check online stores. I order my shoes from online stores abroad.

You should know that there are no varieties for big sizes unless you will have someone making them for you.
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Nyanyafk: 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
I wear size 45 for shoes and it is hard to see fine shoe in the market, and don't get me started on clothes, most of the nice clothes are of smaller size, these days I mostly wear natives as they are tailor made and fit me nicely.
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by tarantino1: 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
pocohantas:

But it is more expensive and takes more time. Someone that just wants to quickly buy jeans and tops would start waiting?

I had a bespoke tailor make a tee and joggers for me. Paid Jan 25. According to their policy, they need 10 working days to deliver. I kid you not, they only delivered last week and the wrong colour. It was just me testing them and they sure gave me a memorable first impression.

grin grin Indeed.

Will you use them again?
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by LUAN(m): 1:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
Where una the Carry this kind height From
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Golan007: 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2022
Cerebellum:
Short guys viewing this threadgrin
grin
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by CSTRR: 1:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
Cerebellum:
Short guys viewing this threadgrin
Keep laughing. cheesy

70-80% of the world is short.
Unlike what some people believe, excessive height is a freak of nature.
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by molon23(m): 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
I wear size 47. I can be your shoe plug. 08038065937
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 1:58pm On Mar 19, 2022
pocohantas:

Really?!? That's strange...

Most of my clothes for formal and informal occasions including jeans are tailor made to my absolute taste and delight.

They didn't spend that long (1 week max)!
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 2:00pm On Mar 19, 2022
tarantino1:

grin grin Indeed.

Will you use them again?

Wetin I for talk na? I thanked her for the shopping experience o. No I won’t. cheesy

Angelfrost:

Really?!? That's strange...

Most of my clothes for formal and informal occasions including jeans are tailor made to my absolute taste and delight.

They didn't spend that long (1 week max)!

They have their moments. But then, it doesn’t encourage spontaneity and impulse buying. Not forgetting the cost. The average youth doesn’t have that kind of money and time.
Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by hopefulLandlord: 2:03pm On Mar 19, 2022
I'm tall and I've now made it a point to get my clothes sown. going to the market to buy clothes is a pain. it's either too short but fits every other way or long enough but too big laterally speaking

1 Like

Re: Tall Guys' Fashion Issues In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 2:06pm On Mar 19, 2022
Are you 7ft

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Asantee Papaya Soap Lighten? / US Survey Declares Nigerian Men 8th Sexiest In The World / I Need Help On Getting An Exfoliating Body Wash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.