Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,836 members, 7,862,749 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:14 AM

NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? (16961 Views)

One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? / I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? / NYSC: How My Baby And I Passed Out In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:43am On Mar 23, 2022
Please, is it possible to relocate to another state one week after camping? I need help please. My relocation didn't work out in camp.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Munzy14(m): 8:48am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:
Hi All,

Please what is the process for a married woman to observe her NYSC programme in her husband state of residence.

I was told we need to do change of name, go to court and get marriage certificate or so..

What reliable steps can one take?
You already know what to do...Marriage certificate or newspaper publication and change of name.

She will apply for relocation at the orientation camp...They must grant it.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by biotechshola(m): 8:50am On Mar 23, 2022
I wonder why people are quick to respond to every post when they either do not get the content of the post or have any reasonable response...

Back to your question @ Op..

At the point of online registration, once you clicked married as your marital status, you'll be requested to provide/upload evidence of marriage such as marriage certificate, evidence of change of name obtained from a high court and published on a newspaper, husband's I.D card and PHCN bill that carries husband's residential address..

The hard copies of all the documents uploaded will be requested in camp where you'll be asked pick your preferred PPA (you're not likely to be posted as wished though but that can be rectified at the zonal level after deployment).

And note, if you're pregnant, you're not expected to stay beyond camp registration which takes a day or at most two days..

I hope this helps..

5 Likes

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by descarado: 9:19am On Mar 23, 2022
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by princeemmma(m): 9:29am On Mar 23, 2022
Very simple, Registered as married during the NYSC Registration process, you proved some necessary documents like

Evidence of Marriage (Marriage Certificate/Affidavit)
Evidence of State of residence of husband.
Identity of Husband (e.g. Driving licence, National ID etc.)
Letter from employer/Utility Bills.
NewsPaper change of name.

With all these you its 100% sure you will be posted to your husband state of residence

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 23, 2022
biotechshola:
I wonder why people are quick to respond to every post when they either do not get the content of the post or have any reasonable response...

At the point of online registration, once you clicked married as your marital status, you'll be requested to provide/upload evidence of marriage such as marriage certificate, [b]evidence of change of name obtained from a high court [/b]and published on a newspaper, husband's I.D card and PHCN bill that carries husband's residential address..

The hard copies of all the documents uploaded will be requested in camp where you'll be asked pick your preferred PPA (you're not likely to be posted as wished though but that can be rectified at the zonal level after deployment).

And note, if you're pregnant, you're not expected to stay beyond camp registration which takes a day or at most two days..

I hope this helps..
We obtained it from customary Court, they now helped us proceeded with change of name on leadership news paper, and is currently with me
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 23, 2022
biotechshola:

At the point of online registration, once you clicked married as your marital status, you'll be requested to provide/upload evidence of marriage such as marriage certificate, evidence of change of name obtained from a high court and published on a newspaper, husband's I.D card and PHCN bill that carries husband's residential address..

I hope this helps..
Thanks alot
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 23, 2022
Wetin married and pregnant woman dey look for in NYSC?
Can they applied for exemption?
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by kingyakos: 9:39am On Mar 23, 2022
waze63:

Yes..... My friend's wife just got back frm camp, she was posted to our state
Infact it's only 2 days she spent in camp

She's a nursing mother though

Which one is our state
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Blazadenise(m): 9:44am On Mar 23, 2022
funshint:

You'll provide your proof of marriage when you get to the camp. From there you'll be redeployed to your husband's state or Local govt of residence after the 3wks orientation.

That how it use to be.. Now a married ladies who have all the proof doesn't need to go outside the husband state to camp in another state, nysc require you to the camp in your husband state, irrespective where you re posted, for example if you posted to Kaduna, and you & husband re base in Lagos, Nysc require you to go to Camp in Lagos and do your registration with all your marriage cert, marriage certificate,Your husband Identity card and your other normal document, publication of name is not important.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Charx122: 9:51am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:
Hi All,

Please what is the process for a married woman to observe her NYSC programme in her husband state of residence.

I was told we need to do change of name, go to court and get marriage certificate or so..

How are you sure what your avoiding will not happen understand your nose.. No offence
Just trust her..
Was it your agreement or hers?

1 Like

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 23, 2022
Charx122:

How are you sure what your avoiding will not happen understand your nose.. No offence
Just trust her..
Was it your agreement or hers?

She's pregnant, camp stress won't be good for her at the moment. But your myopic reasoning won't let you see beyond that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Charx122: 10:03am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

She's pregnant, camp stress won't be good for her at the moment. But your myopic reasoning won't let you see beyond that
Much clever than that, saw the picture... Not shallow minded honestly wanted you to realize
They are lots of freaks out there.. Guys who love pregnant women.. hands on deck buddy.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by HeyHey(f): 10:27am On Mar 23, 2022
Chairwoman:
Provide the following documents:
1. marriage certificate.
2. Letter of domicile from the local government where you reside.
3. Electricity bill showing your address.
4. Husbands means of identification
5. Newspaper publication of change of name.

Upload the above on your portal and take both original of 1,2 and 5 to the camp.
You would be redeployed in 1 or 2 days, thereafter, you have to register in your new state of redeployment and you will be asked to apply for exeat( means you will be exempted from participating in the three weeks camp), after that you will be posted to serve in an organization in your local government... finally granting you your wish.

That number 2, go to a court and do affidavit of husband place of residence.

In my time applied directly, with all the documents and was posted to my state. I went to camp with my baby and was allowed to go home that day. My PPA was 5mins work too. If you have already applied as single , go to the camp with your marriage certificate and husband place of residence. You will be redeployed

1 Like

Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by bonnyhope: 10:51am On Mar 23, 2022
Lightorder:
exactly what I did for my wife. From Gombe to Lagos

church wedding certificate or what,?

What did you present?
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by bonnyhope: 10:56am On Mar 23, 2022
biotechshola:

I hope this helps..

Well explained
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 23, 2022
During registration at cyber cafe, tell the person to register as Mrs, Marital status as married, then you will upload your 1 marriage certificate.
2 Domicile letter
3 husband's valid ID card
4 Newspaper change of name
5 utility bill(nepa bill etc)
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Protein0: 11:15am On Mar 23, 2022
Chairwoman:
Provide the following documents:
1. marriage certificate.
2. Letter of domicile from the local government where you reside.
3. Electricity bill showing your address.
4. Husbands means of identification
5. Newspaper publication of change of name.

Upload the above on your portal and take both original of 1,2 and 5 to the camp.
You would be redeployed in 1 or 2 days, thereafter, you have to register in your new state of redeployment and you will be asked to apply for exeat( means you will be exempted from participating in the three weeks camp), after that you will be posted to serve in an organization in your local government... finally granting you your wish.
POSmecrhant, look no further
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 23, 2022
Ugaboy:
U want to watch her doings...sharp guy grin
Before? Nor go dey looseguard in the name of fake trust abi love. A lot of women aren't strong willed even the good ones can fail themselves sometimes. So u as a man gats watch her well to put her in line before crayfish begin bend
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Chairwoman: 11:30am On Mar 23, 2022
HeyHey:

That number 2, go to a court and do affidavit of husband place of residence.

In my time applied directly, with all the documents and was posted to my state. I went to camp with my baby and was allowed to go home that day. My PPA was 5mins work too. If you have already applied as single , go to the camp with your marriage certificate and husband place of residence. You will be redeployed

Exactly, I applied as single and tendered the documents and I was redeployed and asked to register.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by jayjay69: 11:31am On Mar 23, 2022
She should apply for deployment with her legally acceptable marriage certificate.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by 2000SMS: 11:32am On Mar 23, 2022
NYSC has a new policy now...

Get your marriage certificate, change of name and other relevant documents ready. Then you don't need to go to the state she's deployed, she should just go to the orientation camp in her husband's state of residence, they will do the redeployment there and then.

NB: this is applicable to pregnant and nursing married PCM.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Kellie069(m): 11:42am On Mar 23, 2022
Legal Documents to verify your marriage claims ( nor b the one way ur pastor give u o) except say e get as dem de run am.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Onos50(f): 12:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
This whole court marriage certificate am kinda confuse though does it mean the person must have done court wedding or what ? Pls help o cuz me too will soon go got service and I only have that of traditional marriage and church wedding which a copy was also submitted to the council.
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by biotechshola(m): 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

We obtained it from customary Court, they now helped us proceeded with change of name on leadership news paper, and is currently with me
Good to go..
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by GalaticHorde: 12:54pm On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:
Hi All,

following
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Lightorder: 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2022
bonnyhope:

church wedding certificate or what,?

What did you present?
court wedding Cert
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by apple30(f): 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
funshint:

You'll provide your proof of marriage when you get to the camp. From there you'll be redeployed to your husband's state or Local govt of residence after the 3wks orientation.
if u r pregnant immediately after registration in camp they will send u home immediately..after d 3wks camp u will see ur redeployment form in ur dashboard ..
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by apple30(f): 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
Onos50:
This whole court marriage certificate am kinda confuse though does it mean the person must have done court wedding or what ? Pls help o cuz me too will soon go got service and I only have that of traditional marriage and church wedding which a copy was also submitted to the council.
court marriage certificate is d only legal certificate accepted by any organization or institutions . that’s why now ,most churches will ask you to go thru court to get the certificate ..
Re: NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? by Bimpe29: 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2022
funshint:

Can't it be done before being deployed for the orientation such that the married corp member will be posted to the husband's state of residence from the beginning of the service?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking : “ I Will Increase Nysc Allowance To N 39, 800″ – Gen . Buhari / NYSC Mobilization Time Table For 2013 Batch 'A' / Nairalander Donate Disinfectant Tunnel To Osun State NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.