Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana (23029 Views)

Jonathan Defends Buhari, Backs Removal Of Section 84 Of Electoral Act / Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law / Court Orders AGF To Remove Section 84(12) From Electoral Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by Ojikutumomiage(m): 11:10pm On Mar 19, 2022
Okay, you cannot be right always
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by sunkoye: 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2022
flipboss:
This is getting interesting. Malami fighting tooth and nail because he wants to become the governor of Kebbi state. He is such a greedy man. He's bought up almost all the available parcel of land in Birnin-Kebbi metropoly.
he was banking on immunity to prevent his prosecution after buhari's tenure.
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by Way4orward: 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2022
Thank we still have people like Falana in this country.
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by TroubleMaker47(m): 11:12pm On Mar 19, 2022
Malami is a criminal scoundrel!

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by RandyOku: 11:13pm On Mar 19, 2022
Toks2008:
Confusion everywhere.

All I know is that Osinbajo will declare his intent to be the CEO of Nigeria and when he does, the hosts of heaven will back him, Nigerians home and away will rejoice, on the day he declares, there will be rejoicing all over the land of Nigeria.

He will contest and he will win.

I present to you the incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria.

In your dreams...

Baba will handle Insecurity
Osinbanjo will handle Economycheesy

He used Tradermoni to buy VOTEcheesy

Any other achievement of osinbade?grin

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by Nigerialabalaba: 11:15pm On Mar 19, 2022
TroubleMaker47:
Malami is a criminal scoundrel!
a judge nko? shiorr.
na d quota system abia judge be corrupt charge and pay judge

Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by ChuksHills(m): 11:16pm On Mar 19, 2022
To me since this political appointees are heading government ministries and agencies they are still considered as public servant. You can not be head of civil servant and say you are not a public servant. It is just like a pastor heading the body of Christ (church) and saying he is not a Christian.

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by Nigerialabalaba: 11:19pm On Mar 19, 2022
ChuksHills:
To me since this political appointees are heading government ministries and agencies they are still considered as public servant. You can not be head of civil servant and say you are not a public servant. It is just like a pastor heading the body of Christ (church) and saying he is not a Christian.
2 much sense dey worry u. political appointees dey end with tenure, civil servants na for 35 years or till u clock 65 years. political apiontees no be civil servants abeg. it is like day and night. d only time dey are d same is during corruption trial

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by fubsy: 11:26pm On Mar 19, 2022
This is where this executive plays the god, and some judges allow themselves to be used. The court is supposed to know the law, and question any case with ulterior motive. Section 84(12) of the Electoral Act is here to stay. Malami and his cohorts should resign and contest (if the want to), or sit tight as appointees and watch events through their windows.
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by Jidegaf(m): 11:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
I don't know what is wrong with out southern ers self ,anytime the malami's and co wanted to do any shaddy deal they quickly run to the east and get it.The other time was FUTO and Pantami unmerited professorship even the fashion designer police officer carried out his legendary deal in the east.Please tell them to get their shaddy from their region and stop being an accomplice to bad things always

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by Deserea: 11:29pm On Mar 19, 2022
Buhari and Malami are disasters. Always writing and rewriting the Constitution to fit their greedy agenda.

1 Share

Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by shinealight(m): 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’, Says Falana

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/03/19/electoral-act-deletion-of-section-84-12-a-great-error-says-falana/amp/

Thanks you Mr Falana. It is a thing of joy to know that we still have erudite scholars like you in the legal profession in this country. Somebody should take this matter further to get the lady Judge’s ruling overturned by the Appeal Court ASAP.
Pity that these politicians always find some unscrupulous female Judge from a particular part of the country to carry out these dirty/hatchet jobs for them. It reminds one of Arthur Nzeribe and the procured Judgement on the eve of the election that Chief Abiola won.
It is shameful to see that we still have such political harlots in the legal profession that call themselves Judges.
Shior to them ALL!! shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by yanabasee(m): 12:11am On Mar 20, 2022
Toks2008:
Confusion everywhere.

All I know is that Osinbajo will declare his intent to be the CEO of Nigeria and when he does, the hosts of heaven will back him, Nigerians home and away will rejoice, on the day he declares, there will be rejoicing all over the land of Nigeria.

E go shock you say, Nigeria no get sense... They will rather vote incompetence over a loaded brain.
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by sapientia(m): 12:12am On Mar 20, 2022
It was Malami that sued himself via a proxy

Imagine FG rejoicing because they lost a case
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by emmykk(m): 12:15am On Mar 20, 2022
Freshfish4:
I don't understand, didn't they go through it before signing into law?

I don't think they didn't see it.they saw it but it didn't done on them then until they realize that those they want to make president are going to be affected negatively.

Like Osinbajo and Ameachi will not be favoured with that kind of law in place

Had it be that it is Bola Tinubu that the president want he will not touch that part because that part would have disqualified all political appointee.

It is a good law they just kill but that aspect you won't be voted for too is evil.

So if I picked up an appointment I automatically disqualified myself from being voted for? Haba
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by davit: 12:19am On Mar 20, 2022
Toks2008:
Confusion everywhere.

I can't stop laughing at some of you who think that Osinbajo will be any better. I'm not routing for anyone. But note this: Osinbajo is not who you people think he is.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by Nigerialabalaba: 12:52am On Mar 20, 2022
fergie001:
What about Oni v Fayemi at the Appellate Court?

That is the most recent and declared Dada v Oniyeye & Ojonye v Onu per incuriam.

Supreme Court will help us.
i tell u before say dia will be problem by d time those against d deletion gets their own judgement from another high court. malami and co no fit run street on efrybody and go scot free o.
all those precedents wey u cite na jankara judgement
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by chloride6: 12:56am On Mar 20, 2022
fergie001:

That is the most recent and declared Dada v Oniyeye & Ojonye v Onu per incuriam.

You sabi law, na him dem no give you SAN.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by adelaja70(m): 1:00am On Mar 20, 2022
shinealight:

Thanks you Mr Falana. It is a thing of joy to know that we still have erudite scholars like you in the legal profession in this country. Somebody should take this matter further to get the lady Judge’s ruling overturned by the Appeal Court ASAP.
Pity that these politicians always find some unscrupulous female from a particular part of the country to carry out these dirty/hatchet jobs for them. It reminds one of Arthur Nzeribe and the procured Judgement on the eve of the election that Chief Abiola won. It is shameful to see that we still have such
political harlots in the legal profession that call themselves Judges.
Shior to them!! shocked shocked
BUT why always ibos? Very Sad.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by xukwaa: 1:21am On Mar 20, 2022
Which error! If clout kill everyone' who go remain?
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by Toks2008(m): 1:22am On Mar 20, 2022
davit:

I can't stop laughing at some of you who think that Osinbajo will be any better. I'm not routing for anyone. But note this: Osinbajo is not who you people think he is.

He is the most qualified among all the terrible options.

We have never elected a saint.
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by Nobody: 2:33am On Mar 20, 2022
fergie001:

The constitution defines a public officer and political appointee didn’t come within the list. If you apply the rules of interpretation as provided in the Interpretation Act, you will discover that Mr. Falana’s position seems current. However, this is for the Supreme Court to decide.

Let’s not forgot the issue of denial of fairing hearing as NASS suggested she was not served with copies of the processes and was thus denied the right to fair hearing which is a constitutional right as propounded in Grace Jack v. University of Makurdi.
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by jaxxy(m): 2:38am On Mar 20, 2022
Falana wants to created another level of argued or debate about who is a public servant or officer which we don't need. grin

It's better the controversial clause was removed. Even for public servants it's unfair to resign just because of party elections and not main election for the actual post of office to be voted for.
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by ekukeku(m): 4:17am On Mar 20, 2022
Toks2008:
Confusion everywhere.

He has already disappointed us
Because he said he won't contest against his boss (Tinubu) & I promise him to just forget about becoming Nigeria president in d future again because wr begging him to rule us & he declining us.

Im still expecting him to just accept our plea & declare his intention but I doubt it
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by tit(f): 4:25am On Mar 20, 2022
litigator:

The constitution defines a public officer and political appointee didn’t come within the list. If you apply the rules of interpretation as provided in the Interpretation Act, you will discover that Mr. Falana’s position seems current. However, this is for the Supreme Court to decide.

Let’s not forgot the issue of denial of fairing hearing as NASS suggested she was not served with copies of the processes and was thus denied the right to fair hearing which is a constitutional right as propounded in Grace Jack v. University of Makurdi.

"Common stealing, they will say it is corruption"

If you are in a public office, you are a public servant.
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by Nauttyprof(m): 5:03am On Mar 20, 2022
datola:
Miscarriage of Justice.

Between, why is other party involved not appealing before Malami took action.

Malami didn't wait for such. All he is interested in is the court decision. Also, remember the National Assembly mentioned that no court notice was sent to them on the matter. This suggest the type of judgment they got.

This is how you know that Nigeria is a joke.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by Nobody: 5:43am On Mar 20, 2022
Toks2008:
Confusion everywhere.

No matter how sweet your dream, you must eventually wake up and smell the coffee. I have told you many times Osinbajo’s presidential ambition is DOA. I didn’t know you are such a fantasist.

Do yourself a favour and ask yourself objectively (as you often advice people on this platform)…….via what scenario does he get the ticket with Tinubu in the picture? Then ask yourself how likely is that scenario to unfold ?

IMHO the obstacles before Osinbajo are too much to overcome. Osinbajo May have popular support among the voters but has no political structure in the party itself. He has to overcome the Tinubu momentum and the presidency cabal and the ElRufai camps….all of whom are influential to vertical g degrees and all of whom are not pro-Osinbajo . The only thing he MAY have in his favour is Buhari (emphasis on MAY) but for Buhari to actively support him risks alienating and destroying the APC. Is Buhari willing to take that chance to alienate the 3 most powerful interest groups in the party ? Would you?

If indeed you have analyzed the situation objectively you will come to the conclusion that the only way Osinbajo becomes the candidate is by sitting and waiting and hoping the front runners destroy themselves and knock each other out. Hope is not a strategy for victory!!!

Ofcourse the situation is fluid but based on the current situation Osinbajo has probably a 1% chance of becoming president, even Amaechi has a higher chance maybe 20%, Tinubu 70%, and others combined 9%!
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by seunmsg(m): 5:56am On Mar 20, 2022
fergie001:

If the AGF decide not to appeal the judgement, can the NASS or other interested stakeholders who were not party to the case at the high court appeal the judgement?
Re: Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana by fergie001: 6:03am On Mar 20, 2022
seunmsg:
If the AGF decide not to appeal the judgement, can the NASS or other interested stakeholders who were not party to the case at the high court appeal the judgement?
The AGF of course won't appeal because it favours him.

Yes, the NASS & indeed INEC can appeal the judgement. Since they weren't parties, they will ask the leave of the Court of Appeal as "interested parties" and when granted, it will have a separate file number and the appeal can go on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Receives African Champions, D'tigress, At The Presidential Villa (Photos) / Extradite, Punish, Deal With Simon Ekpa Like Kanu – Ohanaeze Begs Buhari / Saraki And Other Senators In Delta For Thanksgiving Service (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.