Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University (3046 Views)

My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer / Aptech Or New Horizon / Urgent Question About APTECH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by kennethfranc(m): 4:17pm On Jun 01, 2022
wane01:
Heyo,

I'm a student of Aptech, currently in my third semester. You're the only who can pick the answer for your self.

I'd advise you consider the following:

1. Aptech's ADSE program is 1year 9months across 4 semesters. ( I don't know how you got 3 years)

2. Aptech's program alone is expensive. My school fees alone is 2.5million+ ( I heard it's now 3million or so). After that, you're expected to do your Top-up degree outside Nigeria to get your BSC. Middlesex's London tuition for Top-up is £14000 ( with £2,500 automatic scholarship for Aptech students ). Add the cost of living and other stuff.

Ask yourself, "Can I foot these bills?"

3. Going to Aptech is not an automatic ticket to be a great Software Engineer. I have alot of lazy classmates from rich homes who come to school to catch cruise and smoke w**d after class.

4. Aptech's curriculum is very deep into the fundamentals. I got to learn several fundamental concepts here.

5. Aptech's learning schedule is very flexible. We only have class thrice a week. It'd be great for you if you work somewhere else and want to attend class at your convenience.

NB: I personally went to Aptech because I wanted the certificate and the prospect of a UK student visa at the end. I was already working remotely as a Frontend Engineer for a San Francisco based company.. I could foot the bills by myself, and the schedule was flexible enough for me.

I can't speak about a Nigerian university... I didn't attend one.
Please can someone remain in the UK legally after the top up program?
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 02, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Tensa, these youngings don't understand. See someone saying Nigerian Universities don't teach you how to program. Or teach you the latest frameworks. They should try a foreign Uni and see if they will be taught Laravel or any of the other fancy frameworks.

I'm a product of a Nigerian University. And proud of that

oga u dey talk rubbish oh
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by airsaylongcome: 9:31am On Jun 02, 2022
branham890:

oga u dey talk rubbish oh

Who be this buffoon wey no suck e mama breast?
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 02, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Who be this buffoon wey no suck e mama breast?

na the symptoms u dey show so, make him go nigerian uni spend 4 years plus and cant even code in any program
get lost

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by airsaylongcome: 10:12am On Jun 02, 2022
branham890:

na the symptoms u dey show so, make him go nigerian uni spend 4 years plus and cant even code in any program
get lost

Lol! All Nigerian universities CS program teach you to code in at least one language. We studied there and are working for foreign companies. So shut your mouth and study in a Nigerian uni. Or cough out $20k per year and study in a US uni. Or shut up if you can't do either
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by lordally(m): 10:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
wane01:

Chief...

It's been ages. cheesy

Yo what's up with your diary... I get notifications that you just dropped a new write-up but I end up not seeing anything there.... Please update am biko... It's interesting
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by wane01(m): 4:20am On Jul 26, 2022
lordally:

Yo what's up with your diary... I get notifications that you just dropped a new write-up but I end up not seeing anything there.... Please update am biko... It's interesting

I added a link that I felt will be useful to people reading and I got banned by the spambot

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by Blakjewelry(m): 8:12am On Jul 26, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Computer science is the study of computation, automation, and information.

Computer science spans theoretical disciplines (such as algorithms, theory of computation, and information theory) to practical disciplines (including the design and implementation of hardware and software).

Computer science is generally considered an area of academic research and distinct from computer programming.
schools now include stardard high level programming in their courses. I heard delta state University do python programming, as for pti warri, I know they do java even from first year now. They also do other high level languages like matlab but las las you will have to work more on your own too by getting courses online.
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by lordally(m): 11:07am On Jul 26, 2022
wane01:

I added a link that I felt will be useful to people reading and I got banned by the spambot

I'm sorry about that , I think what people do when adding links is to put some sort of space to it and then put a notification something lik.

Wwwdot bla bla bla( all letters are joined together)

Please do try to update your Diary bro it's an inspiration to me... I'm a prospective Software Developer
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by DrBrainstorm(m): 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2022
Some Nigerian Universities are good though, at The Faculty of Computing, Bayero University Kano (BUK)xerox for example, level 1 you take Python, level 2 C++ and level 3 Java.
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by niel63(m): 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Tensa, these youngings don't understand. See someone saying Nigerian Universities don't teach you how to program. Or teach you the latest frameworks. They should try a foreign Uni and see if they will be taught Laravel or any of the other fancy frameworks.

I'm a product of a Nigerian University. And proud of that

I went to Wisconsin University College Accra Ghana. (No ask me about the name)

Well, I guess that's where the journey started... for someone who taught it was going to be mechanical engineering.

Op... I use God beg you. Go school. Go school oooo! Abeg!!!
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by Zuhd(m): 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
wane01:
Heyo,

I'm a student of Aptech, currently in my third semester. You're the only who can pick the answer for your self.

I'd advise you consider the following:

1. Aptech's ADSE program is 1year 9months across 4 semesters. ( I don't know how you got 3 years)

2. Aptech's program alone is expensive. My school fees alone is 2.5million+ ( I heard it's now 3million or so). After that, you're expected to do your Top-up degree outside Nigeria to get your BSC. Middlesex's London tuition for Top-up is £14000 ( with £2,500 automatic scholarship for Aptech students ). Add the cost of living and other stuff.

Ask yourself, "Can I foot these bills?"

3. Going to Aptech is not an automatic ticket to be a great Software Engineer. I have alot of lazy classmates from rich homes who come to school to catch cruise and smoke w**d after class.

4. Aptech's curriculum is very deep into the fundamentals. I got to learn several fundamental concepts here.

5. Aptech's learning schedule is very flexible. We only have class thrice a week. It'd be great for you if you work somewhere else and want to attend class at your convenience.

NB: I personally went to Aptech because I wanted the certificate and the prospect of a UK student visa at the end. I was already working remotely as a Frontend Engineer for a San Francisco based company.. I could foot the bills by myself, and the schedule was flexible enough for me.

I can't speak about a Nigerian university... I didn't attend one.

Please I need your advice on this issue.

Can I still go for the Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering (ADSE) at Aptech?

My background is in the Arts back in Secondary School. I have no knowledge of all these terminologies (html5, css3, .net etc) and what someone with a skill in it can do. All I have is that I'm a fast learner when I put my mind to something. If you say yes, how then is it possible to further in the UK with my Aptech Certificate and my WAEC that isn't related to the sciences?

(1) (2) (Reply)

[programming Levels] What Type Of Programmer Are You? / Hotel Booking And Reservation Assignment For A 200level Student (c++). / See The Web App I Made For Checking COVID-19 Stats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.