Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,632 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese (9982 Views)

Ortom Debunks News Of Ministerial Nomination By President Tinubu / James Ibori Defecting To APC: 'PDP Jailed Me, APC Released Me' / Taiwo Fatiregun's Head Broken After Defecting To Another Party. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by Nemere2020: 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7037606/ortom-among-nine-governors-return#111180008

Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom has dismissed claims by one Philip Agbese that he would return to the All Progressives Congress (APC) soon, insisting that, “I have never met that young man in my life.”

One Philip Agbese had claimed in a newspaper report that Governor Ortom confided in him to plead with the wife of an APC leader in Makurdi that he (Ortom) be accepted back into the APC fold.

According to the Governor, “I have never met that young man who calls himself Philip Agbese, so there is no way I would have whispered to him on any issue. Not to talk of returning to the APC. And why should I return to the APC? What will I be doing in a party that has destroyed Benue, wrecked Nigeria to its knees. In any case, why should I confide or whisper to someone I have never met?”

He went on: “If that young man wants to use my name to climb to wherever he wants to go, then he has failed. I am an enigma. I cannot condescend to the level of engaging with people who are going about looking for crumbs just to fill their stomach against the general well being of the people.”

Governor emphasised; “That young man is a serial liar who wants to draw attention to himself using my name. There is no truth in that claim. Whoever thinks that I, Governor Samuel Ortom will dump the Peoples Democratic Party now that I am part of the leadership of the party mapping up plans to rescue Nigeria from the APC led by General Muhammadu Buhari administration must be joking.”

“Let me make it clear. I am not contemplating rejoining the APC at any time. I am in the forefront, working with other leaders of the PDP to ensure that the party rescues Nigeria from the cluelessness of the APC to win the presidency and other states as well as retains power here in the state”.
https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/20/ortom-debunks-rumour-of-defecting-to-apc-blasts-philip-agbese/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1647787665

5 Likes

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by Baawaa(m): 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2022
Who to believe, the governor can join APC tomorrow?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2022
grin
Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by nedubrazil111(m): 4:27pm On Mar 20, 2022
all the philips wey i know no dey hear word

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by saphiere(f): 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2022
Nemere2020:
https://www.nairaland.com/7037606/ortom-among-nine-governors-return#111180008

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/20/ortom-debunks-rumour-of-defecting-to-apc-blasts-philip-agbese/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1647787665
I'm tired of Nigeria. Price of things are extremely cost.
Education is on hold.
Nothing is working in this country.
I don't mind being a second wife to someone who would send me outside this country.
It's frustrating.

3 Likes

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by qekng40(f): 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2022
Lie lie grin

Well, as a politician you have to be able to Lie dishonorable cool

1 Like

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2022
trust/ believe them at your own peril.

We all know all what FFK said, later he still joined them.

He even assumed the post of APC's commissioner of Dinning Table Affairs

4 Likes

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by francisMKD(m): 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2022
Hmmmm... Ortom i smell lies....
Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by qanda: 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2022
Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by abc115: 4:30pm On Mar 20, 2022
Don't believe any human being
Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by iCauseTrouble: 4:31pm On Mar 20, 2022
angry
Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by IKBARUTEN11(m): 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
I don't think we need our pvc to re elect these recycled leaders.

We need another #endsars protests that will destabilize these leaders

1 Like

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by Candidlady: 4:33pm On Mar 20, 2022
saphiere:
Education is on hold.
I don't mind being a second wife to someone who would send me outside this country.
It's frustrating.

Lol

A second wife? Auntie ireject it for you
Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by Mikelarteta(m): 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
Trust politicians at your own peril. Most of them no get shame at all, dem be anywhere belle face. As much as I hate BAT, this is where he stands out. He fought and one as a one man Mopol.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by ogododo: 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2022

1 Like

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:38pm On Mar 20, 2022
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by rickpat(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2022
politicians are just warming up for 2023... whether diesel is #1500 per litre...that one no concern them o

1 Like

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by tamdun: 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2022
Ortom is a bad news to any party, PDP should have expelled him
Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by 7Randall: 4:41pm On Mar 20, 2022
These politicians lie a lot. He will eventually join sooner than later. Embarrassing set of people
Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by TooMuchStuff: 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2022
Ortom na man wey sabi

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by Igbofam: 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2022
saphiere:
Education is on hold.
It's frustrating.

What are you bringing to the table?
Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by JAMO84: 4:48pm On Mar 20, 2022
Who wants this one in APC

Ikpeazu is better than Ortom

9 Likes

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by benuejosh: 4:48pm On Mar 20, 2022
Phillip my guy.entleman with money. He wanted Philip to plead with the Wife of Elder Simon Shango. The Chairman APC Elders Council. Elder Shango is the former National Publicity Secretary of the then NPN during the time of Shehu Shagari's government and currently doubles as Chairman H.E Senator George Akume campaign council. He more like the father of APC in Benue. Because of his wealth of experience in politics even before Shehu Shagari became president. We know this story Ortom. Ortom should remember that it was Elder Shango who asked that he should be giving the ticket on the platform of APC when the then governor Suswam did him dirty in PDP. Without contesting primaries Ortom was concensusly given the ticket and he won the election on the platform of APC and later ran away with the mandate to the failed party of PDP. Ortom was asked to give account of bailout funds, what he used the money for instead of paying salaries. That was how he said they chased him from APC.

It is no news to us, because few weeks back, Ortom's father inlaw (the father of the current first Lady of the state) decamped to APC from PDP accusing Ortom of turning the state to a Private Limited Company. Making money from Benue people with their blood in the name of Herdsmen.

Ortom has no support in Benue as such he has been trying to come back to APC. The news is all over in the state. He has nothing to campaign for PDP next year. He won't won't be welcomed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by SarkinYarki: 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2022
benuejosh:
Phillip my guy. Gentleman with money

This Philip did he have a mother a in NYSC ?
Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by noblejonatan(m): 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2022
If FFK can join apc ur own na smal

1 Like

Re: Ortom Debunks Rumour Of Defecting To APC, Blasts Philip Agbese by Lama70(m): 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2022
You politicians are very decietful. Same thing you said before leaving PDP before 2015 election.
You can go wherever you want or like. You were part of these from the very beginning.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Sets Safety Standards For Retail Gas Operators In The State / Finance Bill 2020: Nigerians Don’t Need TIN To Operate Bank Account – FG / Gunmen Kidnap 2 Catholic Priests In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.